3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30-Something Chat Thursday 10/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/154169-30-something-chat-thursday-10-16-a.html)

Kati 10-16-2008 03:35 AM

30-Something Chat Thursday 10/16

Good morning ladies!

I got 7 miles in today, I just couldn't push for that last 3 I was hoping for. However, Luke thinks I am pushing myself to hard, so I will take what I have and try for 8 again tomorrow.

When I took a shower yesterday (did I already say this?) I saw myself in the mirror and could actually SEE that my butt is getting smaller! My tummy is still larger than life, but I can really see myself slimming down. I am so excited! My straight size 18s are now loose on me and my 16/18s are nice and comfortable.

I wernt grocery shopping yesterday and I just couldn't bring myself to put a bunch of junk in the cart. I did get a few naughty things, but for the most part it was chicken, fish and veggies!

I have a great recipe ladies, you can use it on tofu (marinate for 30 minutes) or fish (marinate for an hour) or even chicken (marinate for 2 hours).

1 cup OJ
2 table spoons lime juice
dash sea salt
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp liquid smoke

marinate and then bake until done, or throw on the grill.
OMG it is sooooo good!

Anyways I am off to a friends house, later folks!

RangerChic 10-16-2008 08:00 AM

Hello everyone.
Just found out I overdrew my checking account late last week because I didn't have all the funds for my car payment. Sorry to sound like a downer, but I'm just pretty upset and down right now. Everything seems to be so hard. Even working 55 hours a week isn't enough. :(

PearFreak 10-16-2008 08:48 AM

Mornin' Mornin' Mornin' Ladies! :spin:

Not a whole lot going on, just a lot of driving today. A few errands, the kids have an apt. late in the a.m. and then some grocery shopping. Whew0Who a somewhat easy day! :D

Rangerchic --- I am so sorry that your are feeling down. Hoping that this simple mistake can be a quick fix and that it doens't ruin your day to bad. :hug:

Kati --- I am so going to try that recipe. But one question.. what is Liquid Smoke? Where would I get such a thing?

Well I hope everyone has a Great Thursday!! I'll try and stop in some time later on... :moped:

RangerChic 10-16-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PearFreak (Post 2411252)
Rangerchic --- I am so sorry that your are feeling down. Hoping that this simple mistake can be a quick fix and that it doens't ruin your day to bad. :hug:

Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better. Trying to keep myself busy so I don't think too much about it. :p

poppyseeds 10-16-2008 09:18 AM

RC... that sucks. It's trying times right now but it sounds to me like you just made an addition mistake when writing your check. Do't worry about it. Go out a buy a box of wine. I find that a box of wine can cure even the most difficult problems. No really!! :) Cheer up chick... in 100 years, whose gonna care? LOL Love ya!!

Good morning all!! I have good news and better news. The good news is my beloved Phillies won the Pennant last for which we as a city will be eternally greatful... LOL And the better news is....................

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah baby, yeah baby!! LOL I got a job as a cashier/cust service rep (I'll tell where when I actually start) working way more hours than I am now so I'll be making more money! The pay is a little less but the hours are more so it'll end up being more. So I have to work today but I'm not saying anything until monday to my boss. I start my new job on 11/3!!!!!! I will give them 2 weeks notice because I think it's the right thing to do. My new boss said that if they don't allow me to complete the two weeks, that I should just call him and "come to work"!! How awesome is that? My interview lasted from 6:40p and went until 9:40... 3 hours!! It was worth it though. I am so excited!

Oops... gotta run! Have a great day all!

PS - I was cracking up that I got called poopy too!! ROFL!!!!!

asparagus4sale 10-16-2008 10:30 AM

Oops - I was posting on the wrong thread. :?:

asparagus4sale 10-16-2008 10:35 AM

RangerChic - I am sorry - that really sucks. My sister just had to declare bankruptcy (due to medical problems) and she is constantly overdrafting now that she can't cover herself with credit cards if she can't make ends meet. I know it is tough for her and I imagine it is tough for you.

Poppy - Well super duper congrats to you!!!

Kati - 7 miles is awesome!!

So as I said in the other thread (:dizzy:) I just started the coach to 5k program. I am hoping to be able to run a 5k at the annual turkey trot here.

RangerChic 10-16-2008 11:28 AM

Yeah, times really stink right now. I feel for everyone else too because I know how they feel.

poppy- congrats on the new job! :)

Hey Sarah, I'm hoping to do a 5k as well. I know I won't be able to run, but I can walk fast. Very awesome to see so much interest in that.

SBD Sass 10-16-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kati (Post 2411104)
Good morning ladies!

I got 7 miles in today, I just couldn't push for that last 3 I was hoping for. However, Luke thinks I am pushing myself to hard, so I will take what I have and try for 8 again tomorrow.

When I took a shower yesterday (did I already say this?) I saw myself in the mirror and could actually SEE that my butt is getting smaller! My tummy is still larger than life, but I can really see myself slimming down. I am so excited! My straight size 18s are now loose on me and my 16/18s are nice and comfortable.

I wernt grocery shopping yesterday and I just couldn't bring myself to put a bunch of junk in the cart. I did get a few naughty things, but for the most part it was chicken, fish and veggies!

I have a great recipe ladies, you can use it on tofu (marinate for 30 minutes) or fish (marinate for an hour) or even chicken (marinate for 2 hours).

1 cup OJ
2 table spoons lime juice
dash sea salt
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp liquid smoke

marinate and then bake until done, or throw on the grill.
OMG it is sooooo good!

Anyways I am off to a friends house, later folks!

Morning! What's liquid smoke?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerChic (Post 2411204)
Hello everyone.
Just found out I overdrew my checking account late last week because I didn't have all the funds for my car payment. Sorry to sound like a downer, but I'm just pretty upset and down right now. Everything seems to be so hard. Even working 55 hours a week isn't enough. :(

I know how you feel too. I have to get on the phone right now with my bill collectors. They are not going to like what I have to say today. Feel better. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PearFreak (Post 2411252)
Mornin' Mornin' Mornin' Ladies! :spin:

Not a whole lot going on, just a lot of driving today. A few errands, the kids have an apt. late in the a.m. and then some grocery shopping. Whew0Who a somewhat easy day! :D

Well I hope everyone has a Great Thursday!! I'll try and stop in some time later on... :moped:

Wishing you a good day too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppyseeds (Post 2411298)
Good morning all!! I have good news and better news. The good news is my beloved Phillies won the Pennant last for which we as a city will be eternally greatful... LOL And the better news is....................

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah baby, yeah baby!! LOL I got a job as a cashier/cust service rep (I'll tell where when I actually start) working way more hours than I am now so I'll be making more money! The pay is a little less but the hours are more so it'll end up being more. So I have to work today but I'm not saying anything until monday to my boss. I start my new job on 11/3!!!!!! I will give them 2 weeks notice because I think it's the right thing to do. My new boss said that if they don't allow me to complete the two weeks, that I should just call him and "come to work"!! How awesome is that? My interview lasted from 6:40p and went until 9:40... 3 hours!! It was worth it though. I am so excited!

Oops... gotta run! Have a great day all!

PS - I was cracking up that I got called poopy too!! ROFL!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by asparagus4sale (Post 2411444)
So as I said in the other thread (:dizzy:) I just started the coach to 5k program. I am hoping to be able to run a 5k at the annual turkey trot here.

I want to do the couch to 5k too, but I get embarassed running outside on the track and there's a lot of people out there watching. It's one of the main reason why I don't go outside and attempt to run. Where do you run???

asparagus4sale 10-16-2008 11:54 AM

SBD Sass - Well, right now I just run on a treadmill in a gym but I will go up to the University to use their track tonight (I live about a mile away). Where I used to live before there was a high school and middle school nearby and they both had tracks. I never found that there were that many people on them - maybe one or two. Plus people naturally space themselves out so I never felt that anyone was watching me. Of course, I always hate when people pass me again and again but I just try to tune that out and keep going.

happy2be 10-16-2008 12:30 PM

good morning everyone!

Poopy :balloons: :congrats: on the new job!!! this is great news! what kind of company are they?

SBD don't be silly, go run where every it is convenient for you! and enjoy it!!!

asparagus, sorry about sister's financial situation, this economy is affecting us all! :hug: My DH sells cars and they are not selling :yikes: I am tightening my belt, I am not spending any $ right now, I am not going out for lunches like I used to (everyday :sssh:)

Pear enjoy your day!

Kati thank you for sharing the recipe! I love to eat tofu, DS likes it a lot too, but DH oh no! he will not touch it!

I am having a great morning, I am just going to relax today, I had a very busy day yesterday, my girlfriend came over for dinner and it was great! she visited for a while, I was so glad you see her, she recently was diagnosed w/diabitis, she took her health very seriously and she lost about 20 Lbs. she looks great, they put her on insulin in Sept. and she just went to the dr. couple days ago, they told her she is very proactive and doing terrific so she is off the insulin! I was so happy for her!
Today I have to work on my knitting, I want to finish a couple of sweaters I have started

See you all later!

Kofarq 10-16-2008 12:31 PM

Poppy, I'm so glad for you, you hated that old job! Good luck at the new one!

SBDSass, I run everywhere. BUT when I was in high school, I joined the track team, and I was too cool to actually be seen training so I would run at night in the back alleys in my little town thinking nobody saw me, and that they'd think I was just naturally gifted as a runner. Turns out, I ran past my coach's house every evening just after sunset, and he told me how proud he was of me. I was Mortified!! My point is, don't be shy to go jogging. Any time I see anyone out running, no matter what shape they're in, or whether or not their clothes match, I think, "Good for you!" And when I run, in the daylight now that I'm a grownup, I think, "Good for me!"

SBD Sass 10-16-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kofarq (Post 2411642)
Poppy, I'm so glad for you, you hated that old job! Good luck at the new one!

SBDSass, I run everywhere. BUT when I was in high school, I joined the track team, and I was too cool to actually be seen training so I would run at night in the back alleys in my little town thinking nobody saw me, and that they'd think I was just naturally gifted as a runner. Turns out, I ran past my coach's house every evening just after sunset, and he told me how proud he was of me. I was Mortified!! My point is, don't be shy to go jogging. Any time I see anyone out running, no matter what shape they're in, or whether or not their clothes match, I think, "Good for you!" And when I run, in the daylight now that I'm a grownup, I think, "Good for me!"

:lol:

I'm laughing because I rarely match when I workout. Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Kati 10-16-2008 01:12 PM

Liquid smoke is just that. It is the condensation created when you burn a fire and collect the smoke. You can get it in any store near the condements or where the browning sauce is. A little goes a looong way so use sparingly, but if you like smokey food and can't put it on the flame, this is the way to go. I mix some of it in my meat for meatballs. YUM!

poppyseeds 10-16-2008 04:07 PM

Kati... My hubby loves liquid smoke but it's not my fave especially if you use too much. LOL

I just noticed that our stats are almost i----dentical!! LOL