Old 10-26-2008, 05:36 PM   #46  
:)

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kddid View Post
I generally wear Bare Escentuals, but am definately not brand loyal. For those that use the primer, I will say that I have bought it brand new and sealed on Ebay more than once for $5.00 including shipping. What can I say? I'm a bargain shopping. (No, it was not expired.) I am still searching for the perfect mascara. I am also looking for a good eyeliner. I love the BE paint on kind, but some days that requires more time than I have available for makeup application. I used to wear Avon's Glimmersticks, but it just doesn't hold up throughout the day. I have tried Almay's, but it stays put a little too well. I end up looking like a clown when I get out of the shower, and have to fight it off. I am sure makeup remover would get the job done, but my eyes are sensitive. Just my 2 cents.
I like the new yellow tubed mascara from Maybelliene, and Makeup Forever makes amazing "Aqua Eyes Eyeliner". And I have sensitive everything too! Almay makes awesome sensitive eye makeup remover pads/towelettes. Their not sensitive stuff is like oil central. It's disgusting!
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:23 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 187/179/160

Height: 5'05"

Thanks Stephi! I appreciate the advice. Wasting money by trial and error is never fun. I am all for getting recommendations. By the way, congrats on your halloween challenge success. It is very encouraging to see your tickers!
Kddid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #48  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

OK so I love BE's prime time primer. It's NOT oily and it makes my face look so smooth but not fake which is a very good thing. I also can't feel it in my hands and when I put it on my face...it's that light. I also love the eye shadow and blush minis - lightens up my face really well. I also got the BE lip gloss and I LOVE that too! I like BE's lip gloss better than Stila's which I have in the same color...I think it's that I don't like how the Stila glosses are packaged. Their brushes are weird (sorry I can't explain better).

I'm not feeling the Stila package for Sephora's 10 year Anni either. They could have put better products in it. I will try out of the cream blush though, it comes in a little round container with a mirror so that's cute. The mascara it comes with is OK...but I don't prefer curved brushes because I make a mess. Blah!

I also used my free sample of BE's Rareminerals Blemish therapy and it made my zit bubble up and scab...I don't like that! When zits scab up they leave blemishes. I'll try it on another zit in the future to test run it again, but for now I don't like it. The smell isn't too bad. It smells like Noxema, no big deal.

I also got a sample of Juicy Couture's fragrance called Juicy Couture and it's smells so good on me. I'm going to go buy a full bottle this weekend.

That's all for now!
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #49  
getting back on track!!

I use Sheer Cover mineral make up and I love it. It doesn't have the heavy feeling that liquid foundation has. All of my other make up is Maybelline. I've been using that brand since I was 13.
brandy922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #50  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I use Merle Norman stuff. I have used Clinique, Estee Lauder and then went to Mary Kay respectively. Merle Norman is by far the best IMHO. The foundation I wear is called Luxiva and it's a tinted sunscreen--not thick at all. The Luxiva loose powder goes on top flawlessly and couldn't be happier. The skin care products are very concentrated and top-notch. My skin has never looked better.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 164/153.9/135

Height: 5'1

Default Search for eyeliners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kati View Post
YOu cannot beat Marykay for eyelinner. That stuff ROCKS!!!!! You can splash acid on your face and your nose will drip off but that eyeliner stays there. LMAO
I used to sell MaryKay back when I was 20 and just getting into makeup. Since I sold it, that's what I used. I also had a large supply when I quit so I continued to use what I had until it was gone.

NOW, I've been trying to find one that I like and I have to say that NOTHING has compared to the MK eyeliners. For me anyway, the color goes on nice and smooth, it doesn't rub off or run and lasts a long time.

I'm thinking I need to put in an order and replenish my supply!
fmb101 is offline   Reply With Quote