3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something's Chat Tues. Sep. 30th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/152803-30-somethings-chat-tues-sep-30th.html)

pmasci 09-30-2008 07:48 AM

30 Something's Chat Tues. Sep. 30th

Hey all!!!

Not much going on here today...kids are off from school for Rosh Hashanna (sp?) Really don't have much to do, may take them shopping.

Yesterday I cleaned like a crazy woman. Took down all the curtains, washed them, vacuumed EVERYTHING, there was a lot of dust!!!

Alicia, yeah, I'm close...we'll see what happens. No pressure. Our trip is two months away...can't wait. When is your interview??

Welcome!!!! to all the newbies. So many I can't keep track!!!

Christina, hey girl. HOw are the kids doing?? Is Dominic a senior this year??

Okay, gonna get going. Gotta take a shower and have breakfast.

HOpe everyone has a super day!!

Pam ;)

PearFreak 09-30-2008 08:12 AM

Hey All! Thought I'd sneak on here, before I start yet another busy day of cleaning. Don't think I'll be going to the gym again today, going to tackle the kitchen and bathrooms today. Steaming the floors, scrubbing the walls and counters, pulling out the fridge and stove and vacuum there. Hey, that is a workout initself... pushing and pulling major appliances. If it doesn't rain, go to the park with the kiddies for a bit before lunch.
I was so busy cleaning yesterday that my food intake was minimal... small breakfast and no lunch. But a decent dinner. We'll see how it goes today.

Well off to chug me some coffee and get ready to clean... I'll check in later.

Hope you all are having a lovely day...

Wifey 09-30-2008 08:35 AM

Hello ladies!

Happy Tuesday! Not so happy at the moment...the weather is crappy and a tad cold here. It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow....yay us?!? :nono:

I'm pretty tired today...I felt like I literally dragged myself out of bed this morning. I had my french class last night...I'm taking it 2 nights a week for 3 hrs a night. I find it so hard to deal with after a long day at work, but it's got to be done if I want to get ahead in my career!

Looking forward to going home to make a super yummy salad with shrimp for dinner...sad...pathetic...I know...:lol:

Here's hoping everyone has a fantastic day! :wave:

poppyseeds 09-30-2008 09:14 AM

Hey all! Well... I was sick most of last week and then had TOM over the weekend. I didn't even get off the couch on friday and only took three 20 minute walks last week. Still saturday's weigh in showed a .8 loss so I can't complain.

I feel like it's becoming so normal, I don't feel like I'm on a diet anymore. I have been eating well and consistently losing but I am finding myself not exercising enough though.

Is it normal to feel too normal? LOL

Have a great day all!!! :)

Kofarq 09-30-2008 09:53 AM

Husband still sick, but he's doing projects during the day, like insulating the garage.
I'm working every day (substitute student assistant) so that's good.
Still tired all the time. I didn't go jogging yesterday like I should have, maybe tonight I'll at least go for a walk!

lois lane 09-30-2008 11:03 AM

Mornin everyone!

Pam, my interview is on Thursday. I hope I can find something to wear that still fits, ugh.

Hey to everyone else. Not alot going on here, just thought I would stop in and say hi!

Alicia

Wifey 09-30-2008 01:42 PM

Alicia: Good luck on your interview! :carrot:

asparagus4sale 09-30-2008 04:21 PM

Hi everybody. Today is an exciting day for me. Not only have I officially lost 10 pounds but I also sent out my first job application today. So I am feeling pretty good.

Alicia - Good luck on your interview!! I hear ya on the clothes - I am seriously worried about what I will wear and the application is barely in the mail.

Sarah

LBH 09-30-2008 04:50 PM

Hi All! :wave:

Alicia, good luck on the interview!

Sarah, Congrats on the 10 lbs.!!

Valerie, Congrats on the .8!!

:wave: Hi everyone else! The shoes and night splint I ordered were at my house at lunch and darnit the shoes are too small! :tantrum: I ordered 11's, because the reviews mostly said they ran really big. Since I am just a size 12, I thought I'd be OK. Nope, gotta exchange them for 12's. :( Darn big flippers. I'm excited about the splint though. :D

Have a nice evening all! I put some pork chops, onions, apples and broth in the crock pot at lunch. I bet my house smells awesome!

asparagus4sale 09-30-2008 05:27 PM

Lauren - I meant to comment to you about this before but I forgot. I am currently on a battle to avoid planta fasciitis. I started getting some heel pain when I woke up in the mornings and someone here told me that it may be that. I did some research and it looks like it so I threw my flip flops away and bought arch supports for my shoes. So far the heel pain has abated but I am still having horrible shin pain (not sure if it is related or not). I really love running at the gym and I read if it gets bad, you can't run anymore. :( Anyway, I am interested to see how the splints work for you. How bad was your pain?

rileyozzy 09-30-2008 06:11 PM

I am at work right now and I should be grading some papers since it is my free hour, but I am just burnt right now. I had to take Friday and Monday off to stay home my sick kiddos and it was hard to get back in the sadle today. I hope all of you are having a great day.

poppyseeds 09-30-2008 07:37 PM

I have Plantar Faciitis. It started in 2002 right about the same time I was diagnosed with RA and Fibromyalgia. It was so bad some days that I couldn't even walk. I have RA in my feet too to the combo some days was enough to put me in tears.

It lasted for about 4 years. I haven't had any symptoms (knock wood) for about 2 years now but I do get horrible charlie horses in my arches if I walk without shoes on for too long. I found that stretching provided minimal help and that nothing really made it feel better.

It may have been purely weight related at the time. I am heavier now than I was then though but I think I just went through a bad bout of serious symptoms.

Hopefully your MD will be able to help you with some exercises or shoe inserts to ease the pain. I feel for you and know how bad it can be.

poppyseeds 09-30-2008 07:40 PM

Has anyone else noticed that we are all tall people? No one under 5' 6"...

LOL

barbarajean2605 09-30-2008 08:56 PM

Last night the sleep study was cancelled. So, I had some ME time. My daughter was at her grandma's. Today was busy. I had to pick up my daughter and get her off to school. Then after school we went to pay a few bills and shopping. I did get to walk 4 miles. My exercise seems to be going well. I really hope I can keep it up.

Pearfreak- I have been having a foggy feeling lately. It's not really dizzy, just like my head is in a fog. The doctor thinks it maybe sleep apena. I've also had a few times where I wake up and can't breathe. My new sleep study date is October 20th.

Jolie4me- Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I'm fairly new and love it here. :)

Poppyseeds- I'm a shorty! :D

I hope everyone had a good Tuesday!

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-30-2008 09:09 PM

hey all..nothing exciting...doing bad eating, stress, work..uggh

poppy-i'm a shorty too!