30 Something's Chat Mon. Sep 29th

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • GOOD MORNING CHICAS!!!

Hope everyone had a super weekend. I'm doing my usual monday morning cleaning. Got the house all decorated, so that's good. I love fall.

Finally a nice day today, after three days of rainy, crappy weather. I like those kind of days now & then, but not three in a row, esp. when on the weekend when everyone is home!!!

Hannah, have a wonderful holiday! And anyone else who is celebrating too!!

Okay, off to vacuum, will check in later.

P
  • Hello All!!!
    Busy, busy weekend... add some rain to the mix and today I feel like . I know I should but I am not going to the gym today. I have a boat load of cleaning to do... laundry, washing the floors, dishes, scrubbing the bathroom top to bottom, rearranging and reordering the kiddos toys, changing bed sheets. So you see, no time for the gym . I don't want to miss it, but in a way i am glad not to go. I love the gym, I do... but being on this plateau and NOT loosing is driving me crazy. So yes, in itself I am having a lil pity party.

Well off to chug me some coffe and figure out where to start... ACK!
  • Happy Monday!? Well, sorta

I was SUPER busy this weekend...my sister came down for a visit. I spent the ENTIRE day on Saturday cleaning the house while my DH went to ride the roller coasters in Montreal. OH well...I HATE roller coasters...so I had a quiet day by myself. My sister arrived around 7pm and we had a late dinner. Yesterday was insanely busy!
    We attended an art sale and purchased 3 pieces for our home. We did some shopping with my sister and them we went out for a late dinner. I had an awesome weekend, but it was SO tiring!

How was everyone else's weekend?
  • We have been hit by the mysterious viral fever in our house. Last week the baby had it and then come Sunday our oldest came down with it. Saturday was fun though. I am a little envious of your rain though. It was 100 yesterday. I am ready for some fall weather. Fall seems to be disappearing around here. I miss it.
  • happy monday!...i did about nothing this weekend....all day saturday i stayed in bed....got up to eat and use the bathroom....IT WAS GREAT....so yesterday i was ready to go.....went to work for a little bit and then in the evening we went and saw eagle eye..good movie if you get a chance to go see it......today starts another busy week at work....

pam: glad the weather is better for you....ours was really nice, in the 90's this weekend, but will be cold and maybe rain this week - have a great day!

pear: sometimes we just dont want to exercise....for me i let it go for month...i dont recommend that as it was hard for me to get going again, but i finally did...but a short break is needed now and then...take care and i hope you get through this plateau soon

wifey: sounds like you had a super fun weekend...where is your sister from?...have a good day recovering!

im late gettting started this morning....better go...hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • riley: we were posting at the same time....that stinks that everyone is getting sick...i hope all get better very soon!!..we had some people at work sick last week...it seemed to go quickly for them...where in CA are you from....i am in CA also, and i do agree fall is almost nonexistant up here...have a good day
  • Hi all,

Home w/sick clingy kid today. High fever, probably be fine tomorrow.
  • Morning everyone!

Pam, I agree the first day of rain is fine. We had a blah weekend here too. I just stopped by marshalls on my way home for some garland, Spencer is really into decorating for halloween this year.

Christina, how are the boys? Is Dominic still working in your office?

Wifey, Pear, Riley, hope you girls have a good day!

I had to stay with the lady in the hospital last night, so I got to come home for the day. I gonna go shower and then maybe meet dh for lunch.

Have a great day everyone!
    Alicia
  • Hey Lauren! Hope the little guy feels better soon, it seems to be going around.
  • Christina - I live in nor cal in between Redding and Chico. You would think that I would get used to the heat. I miss coastal fog and rain. Crazy, I know.

Lauren - Thank goodness for Dragontales and Clifford!

The baby is napping so I think I will hit the treadmill now.
  • Good morning everyone!

BTW...I love Dragon Tales and Clifford as well. My oldest who is now 13 now grew up with all of that. Every morning after I dressed her (she was a Kindergartener) she would stand in front of the TV watching those shows until I was ready to go. Arther, Teletubbies, Sesame Street, Caillou, Dragon Tales, Sagwa...

Anyway, I have good news that I'm nervous about. My boyfriend wants me to meet his youngest son who is 11 years old. I will meet the oldest who is 15 at another time which is good because I don't think I could do both at the same time. I AM SO NERVOUS!! I get to meet him the the weekend of Nov. 3 and we're all going to the Redskins and Steelers game in D.C.

OK guys...I'm outta here. Have a good day!!!
  • Happy Monday!

My weekend was alright. Nothing too exciting. Been busy this morning. Doing laundry, running errands, and getting my daughter ready for school. Tonight I'm going to the hospital for the sleep study. I'm a little nervous about it for some reason.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday.
  • Christina S: Thanks! I did. My sister was visiting from North Bay, ON.

Alicia: You too, thanks!
  • Hi all,

Just working, working, working. I am in the midst of trying to find a new job and finish my dissertation. So fun.

rileyozzy - I am so jealous. I wish I had a treadmill.

Sarah
  • I'm new to this forum... so i guess the daily chats are just that...

I had a great weekend. I went to a b-day party on Sat. A friend rented a bus and we dressed up in costumes. It was a lot of fun. I will post a pic once I download them from my camera... I also got a lot of exercise dancing. My legs are still sore.

I also had a baby shower on Sunday where I proably ate the calories I burned the night before but that is where I got motivated to sign up for a meal delivery program and this forum.... i want to have a baby and need to lose weight before I get pregnant.

Also need to find a husband but I think losing the weight is more important lol