30 Something's Daily Chat: TGIF!! 9/19

• Mornin' All!

Where the heck is everyone?! I know where I've been...at work helping everyone calm down with this financial business going on! I work for a large investment company, and soo far, we don't seem to be affected by the Lehman stuff and ML being sold, but I'm probably blissfully ignorant of any problems!

Have a great day!
  • Hey all...

Been baking all AM. Skull cakes for an Indiana Jones party tomorrow. The lady is spending a fortune..YAY me.

Lauren, hope your company is not affected by the market fallout!!

Alicia, I've missed you too!! HOpe your grandparents are better, enjoy your visit. How's the job been? Are you feeling better? You're not pregnant, are you??

Hannah, hope Sean is doing better today. It was my hip bothering me, it's still flaring up. Should probably get it checked, jsut trying to take it easy.

gotta get back to my cakes. Gonna take the dog for a walk before I decorate them.

i'll check in later.

Pam
  • Morning ladies,

I have to take a shower and pack and then we are leaving. I couldn't believe as soon as I got home today work called me and wanted me to come back in. When I saw them calling I didn't even want to answer the phone!

Lauren, I would be the last to know to, lol, hopefully thats not the case!

Pam, work is work and I haven't heard back from any place I put in an application. Congrats on the party and the $$$

I better get off of here or I'll be on all day. Hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

BTW, I think Poppy had a job interview today? Wishing you good luck girl!

Alicia
  • I tried on a bunch of clothes yesterday, and some of my too-smalls fit me, including 4 pairs of size 10 pants, capris, and one pair of size 8 shorts (!?)
    I'm gathering clothes for my friend's new consignment store, I have 4 boxes for her. I didn't donate 2 boxes to charity because I was too lazy to take them in, and the next day she told me about her store.
    Lots of the clothes I'm giving to her I bought on e-bay when I was heavier and felt badly about myself. They didn't fit when I got them, and now they're too big. I still have lots of clothes with tags on them, so that shows they've not been worn.
    Also, Husband thinks I have too many clothes. Little does he know, lots of little 'nighties' he's never seen me in, fit me now! He comes home in 5 days. I miss him.
  • hi everyone!
    I am just posting a quicky!I have to get ready to get going, I am going to the kitting joint and I have to bring a cake for someone birthday. I baked a Sacher torte mmmm... the house smells yummoo!
    See you all later

Hanna
  • Quote: I am going to the kitting joint and I have to bring a cake for someone birthday.
    ... curious ... what's a "kitting joint" ?
  • Cher, I'm guessing Hannah meant "knitting", I think she attends a knitting group.