3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something Chat Mon Sep 15th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/151561-30-something-chat-mon-sep-15th.html)

pmasci 09-15-2008 07:48 AM

30 Something Chat Mon Sep 15th

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

Hope everyone is well today, and ready to start a fresh week. It's a blank slate, let's make it a great one!!!

Okay, now that I got my pep talk in, I really am on the ball today. Didn't walk, though...my hip is killing me. I am going to do the water/ eating thing right, though!!! It's a shame how when we get going & in the groove, it seems so easy, but all it akes is a day or two of mess ups, and it seems so hard to get back on track, KWIM??

Okay, gotta go throw the kiddos on the bus, then back to cleaning. HOpe everyone has a supah day!!

Pam ;)

LBH 09-15-2008 09:45 AM

:wave: Mornin'!

IrishJoan 09-15-2008 10:03 AM

Mornin'...

Pam ~ what's wrong with your hip? BTW, how is your shoulder doing? I remember that it was giving you grief a few months back. I soooooooooo admire how you are able to keep your food intake in check. That is so hard for me.

Hi Lauren ~ did you find any new clothes for fall?

Fall has definitely arrived here... I walked the kids to school and because it was such a beautiful fall morning, I dropped them off and just kept walking. We have walking trails everywhere around here and it's such a gorgeous area. However, you can't walk anywhere w/o encountering a hill. They're steep too. Whew. I refer to them as "killer evil hills" in my mind. Good workout though:).

I was contacted to join a parent focus group for our school district and the first meeting is tonight. I'm excited to hear what it's all about. I just had to LOL... did I actually write that I'm "excited" about a meeting regarding school??? When did this happen??? How did this happen? You join the PTO and overnight you become your mother LOL. Have a great day all ~ Joan

lois lane 09-15-2008 10:17 AM

Morning ladies!!!!

Pam, isnt it awful how we can't do anything anymore without something hurting. I can't even sit on the floor without being in dire pain...somewhere. Thanks for the motivation this morning!

Joan, please send some fall weather my way!!!! It is my favorite time of year and it is still in the 90s here. I cant wait, I am so looking forward to some crisp air and a bowl of soup, lol. Its funny you say that about becoming your mother. My grandmother nor my mother never stepped foot in any of my schools. I always think back at that whenever I go to a school function. Anyways, have fun tonight.

Hey Lauren!

I am off to run some errands and then I'm gonna pick up McKayla. Today is the day she gets her braces put on. I know she's super excited and nervous at the same time.

I still have the queezys but I'm trying not to think about it, ugh.

Hope everyone has an GREAT day!

Alicia

Kofarq 09-15-2008 11:19 AM

Hello, Ladies! DD still isn't in school. Because of the air quality issues, she has missed 2 days now. They say they will give us an update 'soon.' I think they are going to combine DD's Jr. High with the other one. Valium anyone?

Alicia, my DD had braces for a year, and had weird green elastics, I let her have photos done at Wal-Mart to show them off.

SIL is coming to pick up some things I've been storing for her in my basement. Great. Now I 'get' to clean my basement. Although, Hubs will be ecstatic when he sees it done. He hates having 'clutter up to me arse.'

I want to go pick blackberries.

pmasci 09-15-2008 12:43 PM

hey all

Joan, I think the bellydancing is aggravating my hip. Not sure. It's right where my leg attaches to my body. My shoulder has bothered my for years...but it flares up really bad about twice/year. My fault for not getting adjusted/massaged on a regular basis. Sounds like you had a nice walk. BTW...guess you didn't read my post from yesterday, or you would have seen that I haven't been great about eating. Oh, well. all we can do is start over, eh?

Alicia, I know what you mean, my mom never did a thing regarding school. I think that's why I try to do a lot...I wish she would have been more involved, and I want my kiddos to see me involved. Hope McKayla is good today!!

Kori, hope you are able to get some stuff cleaned out!!

Gotta go...phone call.
P

happy2be 09-15-2008 01:52 PM

hi everyone!

Joan I miss the activities at school when I was able to volunteer, I enjoy that kind of thing, Sean's teacher is thinking he is doing pretty well so far, and if he remains stable which is huge for kids like him to be stable after a long break,t then we will start main streaming :yeah: :crossed:

Alicia good luck with DD and braces!

Pam sorry about your hip!

Kori good luck w/the cleaning!

Today we went to the social security meeting to see if we could get ssi for ds and we can't, they said our income will not allow us to receive ssi, so now we need to contact the advocate.
Not much else going on here, I am waiting to hear from my neighbor about going to have sushi for lunch, then the normal running around, picking ds from school and going to the psychiatrist and that kind of thing.
I am going to try to finish another sweater while I hear from my neighbor, see you later!

Hanna

KarenK 09-15-2008 02:15 PM

Hi guys. Been a crazy day so far today. DH got a flat and we had to run an errand, pick him up from the tire place, go grocery shopping, get the groceries unloaded/put away, make lunch, get the boy ready for school and get him to school. Then I took DH back to get his car, came home and got the girl down for a nap. I have such a blazing headache I'm about to drink a regular Dr. P. I know, I know. Not good for me, but neither is the headache that won't go away. I've already tried Advil.

Whew, what a whiny hiney today!! I hope you all are having a much better day!

mamatoni 09-15-2008 02:21 PM

Happy Monday everyone!

I weighed myself this am and was down 3 lbs from Sat!!! TOM just ended, so that is probably why, but I am still excited :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I am doing the biggest loser challenge this fall, I hope that it motivates me.

I spent 4 hours at my mother's last night butchering geese. OMG that was a pain. I have done chickens and turkey's before and it isn't fun, but not so bad....the geese were SO FLUFFY!!!! it took me 3 hours to pluck 2 birds!!! I am cooking one up tomorrow with some wild rice stuffing, it had better be delicious!:D:hun:

Lauren, hope Peter had a good day today.

Pam, sorry to hear about your hip, how long have you been belly-dancing?

Hanna, good luck with the social security people...

Kori, have fun cleaning...:D will your DD have to make up the missed school in the spring?

Alicia, hope the braces go well for DD, I have heard the first few days are pretty sore.

Joan, I am totally jealous of your walk, it sounds super-relaxing and beautiful. Hope your meeting is as fun as it sounds. :p

Kofarq 09-15-2008 03:01 PM

Mamatoni, thanks for reminding me!!

ALICIA!! When your DD gets her braces on, and every time she gets them adjusted, she may get a headache. It took me a few times to see the connection. About 3 hours after the adjustment, DD would get a headache. Make sure she has access to painkillers in the school at that time!

poppyseeds 09-15-2008 08:15 PM

Hey everyone! I'm just now having a chance to post. It was nutty today with work and then DD had a music meeting at school tonight to go over all of the band, marching band and boosters information. We just got home and I'm exhausted. I worked out twice as hard the past two days because I knew I wasn't going to have time tonight... (Wow... did I just say that?) I actually have a job interview on Friday... can you believe it?

I had a kicking headache too today. It just wouldn't quit and I got so tired this afternoon from it I felt like I was going to fall asleep at my desk. In fact, a few other people were complaining too so I think that it might be the weather here. One day is 95 and humid as **** and the next, it's 75 and cool. Wreaks havoc with your sinuses.

Anyway... sounds like everyone had a good or almost good day (busy, busy). I'm gonna kick back tonight and watch the Eagles/Dallas game and have some popcorn. I'm low on my calories today so maybe I'll have some water ice too... :carrot:

Talk to you all later! Have a great night!!!

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-15-2008 09:15 PM

evening all. Sorry today was very busy. Was my day off, but did a bunch. Starting volunteering today at the Georgia Aquarium. I finally made it to the orientation class that i had to go to before i could do anything else. So i was there a few hrs, learning the buidling etc. I really like the aquarium. Then i drove out to the farmer's market and picked up a lot of fish and fresh veggies. Trying to get back into the weight loss motivation. I have at least walked my dog up the mountain yesterday and today. So i am getting back into the workout thing. We'll see how i do with the food.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Night all.

SunshineCA 09-16-2008 12:32 AM

Hey all! :) Just wanted to pop in to say howdy. I'm still here but limited to how much I can get on now since school started back.

Keep up the good work ya'll! :)