3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something Chat Monday sept 8th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/151034-30-something-chat-monday-sept-8th.html)

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-08-2008 08:34 AM

30 Something Chat Monday sept 8th

morning all..just a quick hi. I'm still on my 4 day weekend. Got to sleep in some and today, we're going to look at motorcycles and gear. Check back later...hope everyone has a great day.

poppyseeds 09-08-2008 08:37 AM

Oh... GG... have fun motorcycle shopping!! LOL You wouldn't get me on one of those things in a million years!! :)

Hope everyone enjoys their monday! Off to work for me but had a great weekend. I hate monday... :(

Check in later!

pmasci 09-08-2008 08:38 AM

Hey everyone!!

Haven't been on in a few days, just really busy. Been taking Cady to the park everyday after school while the sprinkler pole is still on. Anyway, hope everyone is well. have to go back and check the posts.

GG, hope you guys have a fun time today. Sounds great. Enjoy your last day.

Okay, gotta go get me cleaning done & shower before 11, then off to pick up DD.

have a wonderful day!!!

P

pmasci 09-08-2008 08:39 AM

Hey Valerie!!

SBD Sass 09-08-2008 08:39 AM

OK so I cheated on my diet really bad for the first time in 8 weeks yesterday and I gained back 1.7 lbs.

I ate Chinese food. I had fried rice (I'm guessing about 4 cups) and a cup and a half of chicken and brocolli.

I also had a Berry Smoothie from Costco and I drank the whole thing. I had one before a few weeks ago but that was a treat and I stuck to my diet and didn't gain.

I didn't have breakfast, lunch or one of my snacks. I just had dinner and no snack after that. I ate 15 grapes and five triscuits with smart balance low fat cream cheese on them as one of my snacks with the smoothie.

I was doing a lot of running around that I wasn't able to eat as I wanted.

Anyway, sorry I let it all out here.

Good morning everyone!!!!

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-08-2008 08:43 AM

sass- don't kick yourself...one bad day happens. Just get back on the horse. you may suprise yourself...alot of that may be water retention. If you had chinese...usually chinese has a large amount of salt which will cause water retention. Just get back into today and drink plenty of water. On day does not kill you...its a multiple days. So don't let it ruin you...just keep going!

oh2bthintoo 09-08-2008 08:55 AM

Hello
I'm new to the daily posts but hoping to join in regularly, so Good Monday to everyone!!!

Sass - Letting it all out here will help you get back on track, I find to tell some is like confessing, clearing the mind and setting me back on the straight and narrow. One day shouldn't hurt especially since you did well most of the day.

TTFN
:wave:

poppyseeds 09-08-2008 09:09 AM

Welcome o2bthintoo... good advice to sass... :)

Sass... one meal didn't make you overweight and one meal won't do it this time. You need to stay away from the scale for a week and get back on track. You could have eaten less and still been ok for that meal. 1/2 cup rice... pick out about 3 oz of chicken and 2 cups of brocolli (to fill you up). Same meal... just different proportions.

There is no reason you can't eat what you want. Just watch portion sizes.

Last monday, we all went out clothes shopping for the kids for school. The kids wanted to eat at this mexican restaurant and all I saw in front of my eyes was ooey gooey cheesey cheat food... but we went anyway. I thought Oh what the heck, I'll find something. So they bring out the tortilla chips and salsa... I had one chip because I just wanted to taste it. I ordered the Beef burrito and ate 3/4 of it... almost all of my beans and almost all of my rice (approx. a 1/2 cup of each), no dessert.

As soon as I got home, I jumped on the restaurant website and went into the nutrition info. That burrito was 930 calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!! I went into a panic!!! Pair that up with the beans and rice and I was over 1400 calories for one meal!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I went on sparkpeople.com and I entered all the food according to the nutrition facts on the website (thank goodness I only ate 3/4 of the burrito)... and I still came in under my maximum Sparkpeople recommended daily calories by like over 150 calories!!

Best part... when I stepped on the scale this past saturday, I had lost 2.4 pounds that week!! Awesome!! So the moral of the story I guess is... when you go into panic mode, don't be all or nothing. Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep going. Since we ate there for lunch I was able to make small adjustments throughout the rest of the day. I just had a small cucumber salad for dinner and a small diet WW ice cream for dessert. And I was happy!!

You can do this!!!!! :)

SBD Sass 09-08-2008 09:40 AM

Thanks for the encouragement. 4 cups of rice is ridiculous. After I ate it I really didn't want it...weird, but true.

I'm home with my baby today. She turned 10 mos. yesterday. She is ALL over the place!!!! Help me!!!!

My oldest is 13 so this baby thingy is all new ALL over again. Maybe she will keep me on my toes and help me work off that 1lb. today.

PearFreak 09-08-2008 09:56 AM

Well Gooooooooooood Morning Ladies!!! :flow2: :flow2:
Hoping to start off the week at the gym on a good step. Just need to finish guzzling my morning coffee intake first ;) I want to try and mix up my gym routine a bit, as I have been doing the same or pretty much the same thing for a while now. I will see what that lands me to doing today... :ebike: :lifter: Seeing as today is arms (my least fave :p ).

GG--- Good luck motorcycle shopping. Please do share what you end up buying.

Sass--- Don't be to hard on yourself about the one bad day. Chinese food is hard to be healthy--- well when it comes to the fried rice and chicken and broc anyways. Those are my faves too :broc:. I just make sure I have other healthy choices during the day and if not, try and not beat myself up. Start off the next day FRESH... and of course chasing kiddos is always a good thing to add as a great exercise too. I have 2 who keep me on my toes. Oh Boy Do They :faint:

Well off to get my last few drops of coffee... Check in later all.

IrishJoan 09-08-2008 10:03 AM

'ello Chickies!

GG ~ enjoy your last day off. You had to be in serious need of some down time. Sounds like you had great fun! I know that motorcycles save gas $$$ but they're so dangerous. Be safe!!

Valerie ~ I *so* admire how you're approaching this whole "lifestyle change" vs. diet. You are doing great and should feel so PROUD of yourself!

Pam-a-rama ~ How was your weekend? Did Caption join you again this weekend;-). Is Cadence still loving school? I had to show my sister your popcorn cupcakes (she decorates cakes) and she was impressed!

Sass ~ welcome!!! You ate all that rice and really didn't want it? Yep, I can relate to that. I've done the same thing ... more than once! Hang in there. I agree with GG about the sodium content in Chinese food. Double up on your water and you'll be fine.

oh2bthin ~ welcome to you too!!! This is a great site and we love new people.

I started moving more and being more conscious about what has been going into my mouth. This is Day #4 and I already can tell a difference in my energy level. I got up at 5:00 a.m. to exercise (uggghh). My goal is to get back into the habit of morning exercise this month. This week will be tough food wise as I have several social situations. I will simply take it one meal at a time... Hope that everyone has a great week ~ Joan

Kofarq 09-08-2008 12:16 PM

I haven't gotten back onto the wagon, yet. I didn't really gain any weight while I was off it, and I kind of deserved to, so I guess I have been feeling invincible. I mean, I'm close to goal, and I feel great, and people tell me I've lost enough weight. MIL is quitting WW, and switching to TOPS, but I still like WW. I'm going to do my measurements, and my body fat% and start jogging again. I think I've been tired because I haven't been running.
As to the nay-sayers? I think I'll tell them I'm not trying to lose any more weight, just jogging to keep fit.

Sass - I can't be trusted around Chinese food. Don't be too hard on yourself.

IrishJoan - Good luck at the socials, and good job on the exercise!!

Hanna - Thanks for the advice, but as it turns out, the CD is a DVD of pics set to music, and not downloadable after all. As soon as I get pics, I'll share!!!

Poppy - I think people should win points for effort. You did try to eat healthily, so I'm proud of you!

Pmasci - Sprinkler pole? Lucky!!

LBH 09-08-2008 12:35 PM

Hi All! :wave:

I'm soo far off the wagon, I don't even see it's dust anymore! :lol3: Anyway, scale is still down at 250.2, but I need to start logging again (it's been about a week) and paying attention! :kickbutt:

GatorgalstuckinGA 09-08-2008 01:11 PM

afternoon all. Welll we found a bike this am. We got a 2006 Honda rebel with only 800 miles. I'll post pics later. Its a beautiful pearly white. Very pretty. Now we need to get the gear before riding it. but we have the bike..that's all that matters

Joan- you are right...riding can be very dangerous...but trust me...one of the things this class taught me is to be careful and how to look out. I have no intentions of riding with out a full helmet..none of those stupid half helmets the harley guys like (or are forced to wear in helmet must states), i like my face and dental work. In addition, im looking into jackets with armor and of course chaps. And i won't ride in the rain if i can help it. But i'm looking forward to it.

This afternoon we're going to look for gear, but i think i might have to make a trip up to chatanooga (about 2 hrs away)...there's a HUGE motorcycle shop up there with the south's largest gear selection.

IrishJoan 09-08-2008 01:23 PM

GG ~ send pictures of the new "baby" LOL. I'm not the least bit worried about you. You're a smart responsible girl! It's the other nuts zipping around that are dangerous.

Lauren ~ Dust yourself off and get back up on the horse (or motorcycle;-). Do you notice a difference in your appetite with your new medication? I was talking to another mom at school the other day and she was telling me that she lost weight immediately after starting on an ADHD med. Unfortunately, it didn't stay off though:(.

I love this quote: "Motivation gets us started but habits keep us going."