3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something's Daily Chat Friday, August 15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/149199-30-somethings-daily-chat-friday-august-15-a.html)

mcmommy2 08-15-2008 07:46 AM

30 Something's Daily Chat Friday, August 15

Morning Everyone! Have a great Friday!

IrishJoan 08-15-2008 08:24 AM

TGIF... Gorgeous morning here ~ 62 degrees this a.m. Midwest... August??? Unbelievable! Have a great day all ~ Joan

Lady Pantsalot 08-15-2008 08:38 AM

I have a day off work today and I managed to sleep half of it! :p I guess I was a bit tired then. It's nicely sunny and warm, so it might be a good day to clean the windows. *gets to it*

hollymommy 08-15-2008 08:39 AM

Good Morning everyone!!

I am down a little more today! :carrot: I am in a good mood and hope that it stays all day!

Still need to go school shopping for 4 kids - that's not gonna be fun. I have finals next week and then school starts the following Monday - the same day I go to Indiana for a Medicare Convention. So their first week I will be out of town. Lets hope dad can handle it!! :crossed:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!! :D

pmasci 08-15-2008 09:08 AM

Hey guys!!!

TGIF!!! Rinning the kiddos to their last day of mini camp, then off to my SIL's with gifts for my nieces (form when the baby was born two weeks ago...I forgot to bring them to the hospital..DOH!). After that, a few returns at Kohl's then cleaning my house...I think a tornado hit when I wasn't looking.

Valerie, yes I'm sticking with sparkpeople...really is making the difference. Ihave lost 5 pounds in hte last 3 weeks (which is a lot for me) and it's because it's holding me accountable. I don't want to see high numbers looking back at me and be disappointed inmyself. And I agree, it's sooo easy to use. As for the Kohl's coupon, I have their credit card, and tehy periodically have sales where they send coupons from 15-30%...so I'm making the most of it. Got some outdoor speakers for DH's b-day which were 129, on sale for 109, and I got 30% off that. I was thrilled, I've been looking for them.

Okay, gotta roll, I need to get gas or I won't make it anywhere.

Have a super friday everyone. Will check in later!!

P

RLK2005 08-15-2008 09:26 AM

Good morning all! 5 hours until the family and I leave for vacation. It should be a fun weekend. I weighed the same today, which I will take. My family's challenge starts today and goes for 12 weeks (we all need to get healthy and my Dad was just diagnosed w/diabetes) so that should help us all. Well, off to shower and pack and etc.

fergi 08-15-2008 09:33 AM

:welcome2: to all the new guys and gals. I think we get new ones everyday now.

Well I did not go over the calories again yesterday. If I can just stick to plan we will be great. I need to figure out what to cook for dinner tonight. We might have a big salad. I pulled a bunch of low fat recipes out. We had chicken tortilla soup last night it was awesome. I just did not use the tortillas and used brown rice instead.

Well tomorrow is my daughter's birthday. She is turning 12 and making me feel older. I have a bunch of errands to run today. I need to order the cake, get a hair cut, go to target, pick up dry cleaning.

Well everyone have a good one and a good weekend.

Fergi

PearFreak 08-15-2008 09:47 AM

Goooooood Morning All!!! :dance: :dance:

Lunch with hubbers and the kids went well. I made sandwiches, brought along some grapes and cut up cukes. Stopped to get drinks and my dd asked to get some pretzels and ds wanted chips. Not to shabby. :cp: The kiddos always love visiting daddy at work, and especially since this is the first time visiting at his new work my dd wanted to be introduced to EVERYONE. :)
Lots of errands to do again today, and since being busy these past two days I have been chugging the water and eating healthier on the go snacks. I went on the scale last night and noticed it is goooooing doooooowwwwwnnnnnnnn :cb: :cb: Yay! Yay! Yay!

Well I really need to get ready, will try and catch up more when I get back from errands... Hello To Everyone... New and Old!!! :wave: :wave:

Chat back at ya later...

Kofarq 08-15-2008 11:01 AM

I'm at a plateau. Humbug. I'm eating well, and exercising a lot.

Pear, I'm glad you had fun at Hubs's work!
Fergi, My DD turns 12 in Oct. How did they get so big? (Let's stop feeding them!)
RLK, Have a fun vacay and good luck with the challenge!
Pmasci, The tornado came here, too, but I'm the only one here! ;) (Shame!)
Irishjoan, You're hilarious!:devil:
Hollymommy, My Mom is taking DD shopping while she's visiting her, but I'll probably have to get her some stuff here, too. So a little Nanny-nanny-boo-boo to you! :p

Okay, the In-laws are coming by to borrow my Fabricland card, so I had better tidy this place up. I swear, my friend is a Stay at Home Mom and a Foster Mom of -I think- 6 kids total, including babies, and her house puts mine to shame.

rileyozzy 08-15-2008 11:03 AM

Hello everybody! I am new and I am really enjoying all of the great support and inspiring postings. I am leaving today to visit a friend for the weekend. My friend doesn't have any children (I have 2 girls) and so when we get together we usually go out to dinner, drinks, movies and things like that. I told her about my new weight loss goals and so she is planning a more active and less fat weekend. I am pretty excited. My MIL is coming over to help out with the kids and so they should have a fun weekend. I hope I make good choices! : )

poppyseeds 08-15-2008 11:33 AM

Welcome Rileyozzy!!! Sounds like you did the right thing telling your friend about your goals. It always helps especially when that person is open to your goals and willing to help. Isn't it funny how we always center our visits with friends around food?? Well, have fun and enjoy!!

Good morning everyone! It's beautiful here today and DD and I are going out to lunch ... Applebee's Sante Fe Chicken Salad is calling my name!! I figured out the calories and it's not too bad. I have weigh day tomorrow so I have to be careful! LOL

This is my first day of vaca and I slept until 10A when the dog decided that she loved me and jumped on the bed and laid on my head (a 108 pound golden retirever is heavy!!) so we cuddled for while and then I got up... I have some bills to pay and some phone calls to make so I better get cracking!

Have a Fab Fri!!!

CaffeineIV 08-15-2008 10:57 PM

Days like this I wish that I was already thin so I could wear less clothes! :) It was about 104 here in Oregon today...I think it is hot when we get over 75 for goodness sake!

I was so proud of myself today. Hadn't had a chance to eat breakfast yet but was at the mall and managed to avoid all the bad food stands, including the chocolate being offered at the cashier of GNC and Powells Books. Yay me...bad for not eating breakfast, but good for not caving.

Going to see Phantom tomorrow with my best friend for her birthday. She and a bunch of others are meeting up at a Chinese restaurant that is good, but not healthy. I'm going to eat, get there a teeny bit late, say "I've already eaten", get some water and chat with them. That way I can still be very good, but get to hang with my best friend before the musical.