Old 08-16-2008, 07:46 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: Sat, 8/16-Sun, 8/17

Geez, Can you believe we're half way through August?! School starts in a couple weeks here. And I still haven't made it down the shore!!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Welcome to Rileyozzie and CaffieneIV! I think there may have been someone else too...lemme go back and read the past few days posts.

I'm picking mom up from rehab today to bring her home! She's doing great getting around with a cane or two.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning and happy weekend!!!

Lauren... glad to hear that your mom is doing well. I know it's been scary for you. I also hadn't made it down the shore until last saturday, and then only for the day. We had a ball... north wildwood beach and then into Cape May for dinner at The Ugly Mug. Yummy... LOL

I think I foget to welcome Caffeine... WELCOME!!! We've have a lot of new people recently and I hope I didn't miss anyone else! If I did... WELCOME!!! LOL

I'm down two more pounds as of this morning!!!!! That's a total of 11.2!!! YAY!!!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good Morning Chicks

Cheryl, thanks for the info about MRC, there is no way 3 small meals a day would cut it for me, I would be sooooo grouchy with violent tendencies, Not Pretty! I am thinking I need to try something radical to get myself back on track, I'm just not very motivated, I'm hoping that here in a couple of weeks when things get settled my mind and body will return to normalcy.

poppy, I may have to try the sparkle thing. I've always tried to keep a journal of what I eat but it never fails that when I get overwhelmed with life its the first thing that falls by the wayside. Inevitably, my eating goes south too.

Well chicks, I've been making myself go outside and work in the yard, its been a battle though since I really just want to lay in bed. I am an outdoorsy girl and a friend of mine said she could see a huge difference in me just being out the last couple of days. She's been very worried about me, I don't know if she thought I was gonna walk in front of a truck or what. I do feel much better when I spend time outside though so my plan is get out a lot this weekend. I'm gonna take the dogs for a walk and do some weeding and then later we're supposed to go to a friends to play cornhole.

Gotta run, kids are calling, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls...

Welcome to the newbies!! You will all love it here...everyone is so great.

Trish, never heard of cornhole...is it a card game? Sounds dirty...haha.

Lauren, glad you r mom is coming home...hope she is back to her old self soon.

Valerie, congrats on the loss!!! YOu're doing so great!!!

Kids have two friends from school...a brother & sister that are the same age as my kids, so it works out well. I'm just cleaning/doing laundry as I have DH's family here for a bbq tomorrow. I'm making a spaghetti & meatballs cake...I can't wait. Will definitely post a pic.

Okay, better get going. Hope everyone has a super weekend!!

Cheers,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I'm halfway through a bunch of things. Making DD's dress, wrapping chocolates with cute wrappers, yardwork, staining the deck.

This Cheezes me off: I've been really careful of what I wear outside so I don't get weird tan lines on my shoulders. (Wdress is off-the-shoulder) I wore a tube top when I was doing yardwork in the sun, and then when it got overcast, I wore a tank with spag straps to stain the deck. What do I have? STRAP MARKS!! Oh, me nerves!!

And I know if I go outside and shake my fist at the sun, it'll take off on me again. It's out there, right now, going, Nanny-nanny-boo-boo.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

hi all...hubby and i got up this morning nad went plant shopping. He made me two planters in the backyard that I just got filled in...I need to go back out and help him finish up the yard but just wanted to check in. I have done well so far this morning...I am working on doing 6 mini meals rather than the big three so we will see...take care and enjoy the weekend! -Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Kori, I'm sorry about the tan lines...sort of. I've always been jealous of people who can tan. I've really only had a noticeable tan once in my life, and that was in high school when I was doing track. I had a lovely wide tank top line, spandex shorts line, and socks line. Right now, I actually have a tan, not that anyone would notice! I had an African American friend tell me that I'm not just white, I'm translucent. I worked at an orphanage in Albania for a bit, and all the Albanians were fascinated by my husband and I because we were there during the summer and both turned into lobsters and they just weren't used to seeing people with sunburns. We were worried that my youngest (a red head) would burn sitting in front of a bright lightbulb, but nope...both my kids tan better than pasty ol' me. Oh, and one time I was at a festival in Portland Or, and actually had strangers come up and poke me on the shoulder because they couldn't believe I was burnt in the overcast, just about qualifying as warm weather.

I hope the sun starts to cooperate with you soon though!
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

So far so good, Caffeine IV. I usually stay out of the sun or wear sunscreen for skin health reasons, so usually I am Fish-Belly white. I had to laugh at your socks tan line. I have a socks tan line and a stripey-sketchers-shoes tan line at the same time! It looks weird. One time in high school (One time? In high school? (LOL)) we went spring skiing and we all wore shorts, and I was the only one who didn't think of sunscreen so this is what I looked like: Burnt all over except I had White Ski Goggle Eyes, White Ski Boot Ankles, and Farmer Tan, and of course shorts tan. I was Ridiculous!! My Dad laughed so hard at me!

Last edited by Kofarq; 08-16-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #9  

This one time? at band camp? LOL Kori. Hope the tan lines either A)fades out or B)you get more tan...make sure you don't leave the house wearing anything above your cleavage line..haha!

Last edited by pmasci; 08-16-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hello!
today is busy!
I just want to say hello and welcome caffeine! this is an awesome place, you are going to love it!
Go to run!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Just want to say hey to everyone!

Trish, sorry to hear you've been having some blues. Keep yourself outside if it helps you to feel better. Last weekend I sat out on my swing for about an hour and it really felt better than sitting in the house!

Erin, I can't believe the hair on your little girl, so cute!

Welcome to all the newbies and hey to everyone else. I'm wondering how GG's vacation is going? Is she gone for two weeks?

The kids are back at school here monday, talk later!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #12  

Hey guys...

Alicia, enjoy the last weekend with the kiddos. I think GG is gone for 8 days?? Not sure. She'll probably be back this week sometime.

I need to run to the store. Having a family party for my MIL (only 9 people + kids) and I need to get a few things. Also need to vacuum, kids are cleaning up their toys as I type. Anywho, I probably won't be back on til tomorrow, so just want to wish everyone a happy Sunday, and for all the kids going back to school, hope the first day is great. I have mine until the 2nd.

Later on chicas!!

P
Old 08-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Unfortualtely my vacation was only 8 days. Not long enough. Got in last night. Hated leaving Italy. ITs an amazing country. I'll post pics soon and tell you about my trip, but this am i've got so much to do. Just a quick hi guys. Definately ate too much wonderful food. Not going to step on the scale for a few weeks LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

GG - Sounds like you had a wondeful time! I can wait to see some pix of Italy. I have my living room decorated Tuscan style with prints of the Italian countryside, sconces and old pieces of metal art. LOVE it!!!

Pam, have fun today and enjoy your party. My kids don't go back until the 3rd but things are different this year. My DS starts high school and DD starts middle school so they aren't babies anymore. The youngest will be up and out by 7:15A!! OMG! How will I get up that early?? LOL

Have a fabulous sunday all!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

I'm at mom's, stayed overnight last night. What a horrible night, had to sleep in a full size bed with the two boys. Lucky DH got the whole king size bed to himself at home. Well, probably with the dog. Anyway, mom's doing well. The visiting nurse came this AM to assess her. Told her to play the gimp a bit, so she gets to keep the aide for awhile.

We ended up going to Red Robin for dinner last night, instead of Cheesecake Factory, because we had a free bday dinner for DH. Geez, my burger was over 1000 calories!!! I only ate 3 fries, because I was full. We had mozz. sticks for an appetizer though. Can't believe there were soo many cals in those too!! I only had 3 of them though. The whole order of 10 was over 1000 cals too!! Anyway, I was like 600 cals. over for the day, even though I went to dinner with over 1000 cals to spare! Oh well, it's a new day.

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote