3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something chat TGIF aug 8th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/148580-30-something-chat-tgif-aug-8th.html)

Lady Pantsalot 08-08-2008 05:05 AM

30 Something chat TGIF aug 8th

Since I live on the other side of the big pond, maybe it's ok for me to start the daily chat for once :)

It's really gray and rainy at the moment, so outdoor activities are off for today. An excellent day for cleaning the house and ironing a pile of shirts though. I also should get some work stuff sorted for next week when I go back after a long holiday. Mixed feelings about that one: nice to get good routines back and seeing work colleagues, but I wouldn't mind staying on holiday for a couple of weeks more ;) ... I'll get used to working again.

I hope you'll have an excellent day, folks! :cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

pmasci 08-08-2008 06:45 AM

Hey girls..getting ready for my walk. Frankie was already on here, so I thought I'd hop on & say hey...gotta get moving early this AM.

Hope everyone has a super Friday and weekend, and GG, hope Tuscany is just beautiful. Have a safe flight, and check in when you get back!!

Talk later,
P

hollymommy 08-08-2008 07:40 AM

Good Morning, everyone! I missed out for a couple of days - my internet at work was not cooperating. This has been an ok week, just a little stressful because of school. I managed to get in a workout most mornings, and have done fairly well on my eating. My metabolism is sooooooooo sloooooooowww, and I am sure I won't see much of a loss this week. But I am going to keep plugging away! :halffull:

Welcome, Lady Pantsalot! Good Luck! :welcome2:

Good morning to everyone else!

Holly

GatorgalstuckinGA 08-08-2008 07:45 AM

Morning ladies. Just thought i'd stop in an say Ciao to all. I'm almost totally packed. We don't have to leave for the airport until 2.30. So still have time. Going to run a few errands, got a chiro apt and going to see the pony before I leave. I can't wait. I'll share photos when i get back. Have a great week and keep up the hard work!

guppy23 08-08-2008 09:00 AM

Good morning everyone!

Not much happening here today aside from the usual stuff that comes with two young kids! Except that DH and I get to go out for dinner tonight - yesterday was our anniversary and his parents are taking the kidlets for us. Should be fun.

I hope you all have a great Friday!

~ M

guppy23 08-08-2008 09:07 AM

Toni - I meant to answer you about the TurboJam. I really like it. I find that it takes a while to get some of the moves down (for me anyway!) but I still feel like I'm getting a great workout. It makes me feel really strong and the time tends to go pretty quickly! The music and the attitudes of the people are motivating too.

If you do the Learn and Burn a few times you'll be good to move onto some of the other workouts.

~ Marianne

RLK2005 08-08-2008 09:16 AM

Weigh in was this morning. We won't talk about it.

Hope everyone has a good Friday/weekend. I am going to a festival tonight, a conference and movie tomorrow and staying home Sunday. The weekend will probably fly by. Have a good one!

PearFreak 08-08-2008 09:37 AM

Mornin' All :)
Lots of errands to do today, then a visit to the IL's this evening. :carrot: Hoping to come home from there with a bucket load of fresh picked garden veggies. :D That'll sure save me $$$ then to have to buy them myself. Not to mention my love for fresh veggies... cukes, tomatoes, squash --- MMMMM!!! Maybe some green beans too?? Corn on the cob anyone? ;)

Well I still need to have my morning coffee, and get my rear in gear... so I'm off for now... talk laaaater... :coffee:

LBH 08-08-2008 09:37 AM

Mornin' All! :wave:

Kori, That was a really nice story about the repair man. :)

Rikki, Sorry to hear weigh in didn't go well. :hug:

Guppy, Happy Anniversary!

GG, Have an awesome time!!

Holly, Glad you got back Online! I would just fall over dead if I couldn't access the internet! :lol:

Lady, you are more than welcome to start the thread!

:wave: hello Pam and everyone else!

poppyseeds 08-08-2008 10:46 AM

Hey all... GG... HAVE A SUPER DUPER TIME!!! If you see Frances from Under the Tuscan Sun, say Hi to her for me!!! LOL She still lives there so it's a possibility.

Crazy busy day but I wanted to stp in and say hi. We are going down the shore tomorrow for the day so I have a lot of errands to run and cleaning. Sunday we're having our new furniture delivered so I need to clean behind the other stuff.

Well... I'm off... I'll check in later. Have a good day all!! TGIF!!!

mamatoni 08-08-2008 01:44 PM

happy friday everyone! My last for a while as a SAHM, I am definitely ready to go back, getting excited about my new classroom. Did okay at the fair last night. Not as good as previously, but okay...had a 0.5 lb gain this morning. TOM is also starting, logged my calories into sparkpeople this morning and am going to make up for it today. STILL raining here, we honestly haven't had a rain-free day in over a month. It is really starting to affect the moods of people in town, some people only stay in Fairbanks and deal with the winter for the beautiful summers. My SIL thinks people will actually leave after this summer...

Anyway, I just found out that our state legislature passed the energy bill, which gives an additional $1200 to everyone to help with the high cost of heating fuel. Our Dividends are supposed to be a record high of over $2000 this year also... that makes $3200 for each person in our family...:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Great news to get this morning!!! DH and I are planning on putting in a wood stove with some of our $ I wonder how many Alaskans will actually use the $ for heating solutions, I would bet esp. after this cold summer that there are a lot of vacations planned. :)

Gotta go organize the kids, sounds like most of you have busy days/weekends planned. Have a great time. :D

cp33 08-08-2008 01:57 PM

Wow - Toni, that's a great lot of money! Excellent. What grade do you teach BTW?

Today is the ex-husband's wedding. I always hate events like this because of all of the photography. I will, no doubt, look like a cow. I just have to focus on the future . . . lots of sexy pictures in my future.

Another WI tomorrow. Good luck to everyone this weekend. Have fantastic vacas and anniversaries!

guppy23 08-08-2008 03:48 PM

Oh yeah! I just did TurboJam Cardio Party and it was hard but man it felt good! I have to remember this feeling on the days I don't feel like doing anything.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

poppyseeds 08-08-2008 05:08 PM

guppy... you're right. You have to remember that feeling when you don't want to move. Starting your exercise is the hardest part. Once you start, you might as well finish and once you're finished, you feel fantastic!!

Good for you! My girlfriend has lost 126 pounds using Turbo Jam and WW. She won $10,000 in a contest to tell the best weight loss story from another site. So keep jammin'!!! LOL

CCmomof5 08-08-2008 05:14 PM

been MIA, just want to let you know I'm not dead.

Having kid problems, college problems, money problems, you name it and I've just been too emotionally drained to do anything lately. Quit running about 4 days ago, probably good for my legs and back, not good for stress relief.

Anyway, I'm still here and kicking.

Trish