Old 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #16  
Cheryl

S/C/G: 244.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Hi All,

Kind of a rough day here. Yesterday was a horrible day for me to be home and today is the fall out from it. I still like my job though.

GG, Have a great vacation!!

Robby's better today. He's still got a little cough and snotty, but no fever. I hate when they get those freak high fevers.

The meds really do seem to be helping me. I think I do feel more focused. I'm getting more done at work and at home. My house is by no means perfect, but I get more done in one shot than usual. And it really does suppress my appetite. A great side effect. If I'm busy, I just don't think about eating. I guess my mind is more focused on what I'm doing, instead of wandering and thinking about food? I dunno, but I'll take it.
Hi Lauren! I'm glad the meds are helping you. It's amazing how focused you can be when you have a little help. I know my meds have turned my life around - zoloft for anxiety. When I started it several years ago, I remember the loss of appetite. It was great! Just make sure you eat - even when you don't have an appetite!! Take care.
cp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #17  
Cheryl

S/C/G: 244.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseeds View Post
Hey all... I overslept this morning so I didn't get a chance to post until now. I wasn't late for work but I have to be in at 9:30 and I got up at 8:23!!! I hate that because I didn't have any time to myself at all.

happy2be... regarding the computer... my husband is an IT Director. He recommends buying an HP or and Acer with Microsoft Windows XP. He said and I quote... "I would cut off my arm before buying a Dell..." This is said by the guy that buys all of the computers for his company and sets them up and runs the network. I have an Acer laptop and all of our other computers and printers are HP's. We also have several computers that he put together for the kids, my online business and for the kids to do their homework on. We have (I think) 7 computers in the house. That's the nice thing about his knowledge. He can put them together in a couple of hours... LOL

Dinner is ready so I gotta run! Hi to everyone and congrats to all who lost (Cheryl - 4!!! Excellent!!) and for everyone who got their exercise in...

Toodles!!
Hi Valerie,

Argh! I overslept this morning as well. Rushed and didn't take my vitamins, or bring food.

Thanks for the congrats. AND, tell your husband that I buy all Dell for my organization AND at home
cp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp33 View Post
Hi Valerie,

Argh! I overslept this morning as well. Rushed and didn't take my vitamins, or bring food.

Thanks for the congrats. AND, tell your husband that I buy all Dell for my organization AND at home

OHHH!!! We could have a computer war going here!!! LOL... I just buy what he tells me so I am out of this one!! LOL

And pantsalot...

Last edited by poppyseeds; 08-07-2008 at 08:00 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #19  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Good Evening Ladies!!!

RLK--- so how did the pictures go? Was your lil one rested well enough?

LadyPantsAlot---

cp33--- Way To Go on reaching your mini goal... and then some Best of luck reaching your next goal.
Have fun at the Wedding too.

To all the ones I've missed, thanks for the well wishes and short visit vibes for AF... hoping she hears them loud and clear.

Well today was a bust, it rained..... then rained some more.... then again...... oh and now it is raining. So much for going outdoors. I did the few errands I had to do, then the kiddos and I watched a movie. They napped then I did a few Core routines. Other then that it was a rainy dreary and AF kinda day. ... oh yeah, I had a small chocolate fudge sundaeu too... Hey I have AF.
Hoping that tomorrow is better.... no RAIN, as I need to go pick up a few more things and visit a friend. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by PearFreak; 08-07-2008 at 09:24 PM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #20  

Way to go Cheryl on the loss!

Lauren--Glad the meds help. I hope today was better than yesterday!

Toni--You didn't ask me but I have turbo jam and I really like it. I started out w/the "learn and burn" and it helped me to follow along. You will learn it if you do it a few times.
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #21  

Pear--My little guy was soooo happy but I didn't have a pleasant experience with the photo place. I am still upset. I don't usually get too riled up as a customer but this was annoying. But at least my son did okay--he doesn't like to stand still but we got 1 good picture! Thanks for asking. Hope your rain stops! I wish I had AF to blame for my sweets today. What is my deal??

Have a good evening everyone. Tomorrow night I am headed to a "Sweet Corn Festival" (I live in Iowa, okay?) so I have to stay away from the funnel cakes... And tomorrow morning is weigh in--would really like to see a loss but just because I have been exercising doesn't mean I will--my food intake has not been so hot.
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Lauren, I "caught" ADD from my DD, the same way you did. They were testing her, and I kept saying, "Just like me," so they tested me, too. I'm on dexedrine.
I did super at WW tonight, I'm down 2.4. Yay!
I have a nice little true story to tell. Today I took my push mower in to be sharpened. The repair shop told me to take it to the man who sharpens blades for the golf courses, and he might charge me $10. Back in Alberta it would have cost me $40. I called ahead, and he said he was getting ready to go on vacation, but If I brought it in right away, he had time to do it. "Are you sure?" "Yes, indeed!" So I took it in. Very nice man, sort of a generic-type "Dad" kind of man, you know. Said it would be done in an hour or so. I asked how much the charge would be, and he said $5. Thank you very much, Sir, I said, and got back in my car, and drove off to go shopping. No way in Heck am I giving that man $5. Him fixing my mower when he had vacay to get ready for. I figured $15 was a good amount, that's a $10 tip. An hour later, I go to get my mower, and after he put it in my car for me, I held out my $15 to him. He gave back the $10. "Oh, no. You keep that!" I tried to give it to him and said, "You took the time--" He interrupted me, and shyly admitted "I own my own shop." and waved his hand at the little building behind him. He said, "No, you go on, dear child." Well. I thanked him, and got in my car, and away I went.
And I thought. Well, here are the good people in the world. I found one!
I know there are good people in the world. Lots of us chat on 3FC together, but this one was a stranger, and I'm going to send all my push-mower friends to him!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:49 AM   #23  
Nordic Loser

S/C/G: 290/t/220

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for all the kind welcomes! Maybe I could start the new thread then...
Lady Pantsalot is offline   Reply With Quote