Old 08-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #16  

Hello ladies! I am having a good day here. I had pizza leftovers for lunch but I split it between me and the 3 kids so I didn't eat as much. I worked out once the kids were settled for rest/nap time so I am feeling victorious w/that. And, my dryer was fixed today--finally!!! Yes, my mountains of laundry can be done (or should I not be happy about that??).

Kerry--Good luck at weigh in!

Joan--Your post made me suddenly want to take my kids to see Wall-E but I know I would eat the popcorn--that's a tough one. I hope you and the kids enjoy it!!

Marianne--WELCOME! I love this group and I am sure you will, too!! I understand on the afternoon thing--I have time to work out then but I usually spend it reading or napping or something else relaxing and quiet. My excuse is that I don't want to disturb any sleeping kids!! I hope you decided to get your workout in--I did today and I feel good for doing it. AND, I would "die" if anyone knew how much I weighed but the internet is so safe--I love these groups!!! Sorry to ramble on to you--a little hyper from the work out!

Kori--You crack me up!!!! And it's good to know someone else is up/down like me. Some have called me extreme... Have a good time w/your cousin!

Fergi--Great job on vacation!! Wow--be proud!

Toni--I know what you mean--I joined Facebook and caught up w/some old high school friends and it was soooo weird. I am not at all the same (praise God! Ha!) and it's just hard to connect who this person was w/who I remember. Am I making sense? Anyway, I get it. CONGRATS on the pound!!

Monica--WELCOME! Great job going from 210 to 183--that's awesome!! I seem to have stayed at my current weight for a year or more. I hate it!! Let's hope we can get going!!

Cheryl--Way to go on that walk--I don't know if I could have done it. I am a baby. Good luck at taco/margarita night--looking forward to hearing your report tomorrow!!

Hi to everyone else. There must be something to that working out boosting endorphins (forget the medical backup, I only go on my experience) because I feel a little high on life right now. I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for the 1st time. I wasn't able to do everything for the whole time but I did pretty good. I am just proud I got the workout in at all. Okay, I will stop typing so you don't have to keep reading my rambling. Later! Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6

Hey chicas...

Toni congrats on the loss. Glad you enjoyed the visit with your friend. In the AM I give myself 45 mins to an hour before I go out...I have to be good & caffeined up, lol!

Fergi, so gald you had a nice vaca, and the wt. loss is a huge bonus!!! Fantastic!!

Rikki, I'm interested in the JIlliam Michaels thing..let me know how it goes for you.

Joan, did you say the Ritz Carlton?? Frank has been working at the RCin Philly, it's being completely renovated. He says it's amazing...I'm sure they'll have a wonderful time, but you're right, CEC would have been way more impressive! And cheaper!! HA!

Welcome, Monica!!!

Time for dinner...see ya later!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 226/220/150

Height: 5' 3

Hi all
Just finished reading your posts and it's so much to take in. I think I'll have to get out a pad and paper to jot down notes so I can respond appropriately. But given that I'm pressed for time I'll have to be short.

To all those who lost even 1 ounce - CONGRATULATIONS
To all the newbies- We've got your back and we're all in this together
To those who came back from vacation - Hope you had a great time (lots of sex time too)
To those who wish they were on vacation - I am wishing too :-)

I had a fantastic time at the beach yesterday.
Learnt that some of my friends are the biggest cheaters at boards games and I am not much better. HAHAHAHAHA

The diet was shot out the window yesterday and left for dead. My sis makes some fantastic potato salad. I'll say no more....

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
kickemjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 206/180/140

Hi ladies it is good to be back from vacation and a small mishap with my A/C.
Anyway congrats Fergi on your vacation loss!

Joan- My MIL does things like that to. What can ya do!
My son has been begging to go to Chuckie Cheese too.

Is anyone else sad summer is almost over and school is starting? This is my last summer with my little guy and I wanted to last longer.
Miltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Kickme... sex time!! I like the way you think girl!!

Fergie... OMG, I've never lost weight on a vacation in my life! AWESOME JOB!!

Joan... I'm telling you... the tools/support at sparkpeople.com is amazing! Why haven't you joined yet?

Welcome Marianne and Monica....

Toni... sounds like you're getting back on track. Good for you!

Hi everyone else! Hope you all had a good day. I am posting late today because I had a very busy morning and had to work all day. I have been running this slight headache and sore throat for a couple of days now but it hasn't kept me down. Still on track with eating and fitness. Sparkpeople is helping so much!! I love that site!

Have a fantabulous night all!!! Now is the time of the post when I dance...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #21  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Well we are trapped in the house today. We had the rain and wind from the tropical storm that formed in the gulf. So it has been a blah day.

It feels so good to be back. I really think I lost the weight because we were always on the go. Plus swimming every night before we went to bed helped as well. We would play water volleyball. I think that is what did it. I was even sore. I might see if the Y has a water aerobics I can go to after work. I think that I would like that.

My dad went to the doctor and had to do the stress test. The doctor recommended him to the Mediterean Diet. I read the lit on it and it sounds not half bad. I might try it. Especially since blood pressure and cholestorol runs in the family gene pool.

I plan on going school shopping this week since I am off. I need to get back on track and get the fridge stocked. My husband wants to lose a 100 pounds for next summer trip.

Talk to yall soon.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #22  
KAR

Evening All,
Fergi, sorry to hear that you were trapped at home today due to the rain and wind. Hope you can get out tomorrow. Sounds like you had a really fun vacation. I would to find a water aerobics class near me. But they are all in the mornings at the local hotel in the fall and winter. I could just see me telling my boss. I think I will take my lunch break now and go to water aerobics two towns over. I will be back when I get back. Enjoy your evening!
Valerie, sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather. Hope you feel better soon! If you don't feel better in a few days, you better go see a doctor. Hope you have a nice evening!
Miltrez, where did you go on vacation again? Yes I am sad that summer is almost over. Because once again, I didn't get to go anywhere on vacation. My dh has finally decided to start saving money for a trip in two years. But I think I am going to save a little extra and tell him next year that we are going away for a few days. So are you starting to look for a job yet for when your little one goes to school?
Kickmejenny, sounds like you had a fun time at the beach yesterday though. You will get back track in no time.
Rikki, sounds like you are doing well with your new excerise and eating habits. I am curious about the 30 Day Shed too. Could you tell me more about it?
Lauren how is your mom doing? I have been thinking about her and you.
Hi to everyone else!
I went to TOPS tonight and lost 4 pounds of the 5.25 that I gained last week. So I was pleased with my results. Off to check email. Then to gather up the trash. Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..welcome to all the newbies here. It really is a great place. Nothing really exciting..just though i'd say hi. Works was busy like usual. I'm worn out...and haven't done a darn thing for my trip. Guess i'll be packing the night and morning before i left. oh well...that's my life in a nutshell...at least i remembered to get my passport months ago Lol..and yes joan..i'm sooooo excited. I really need a vacation.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #24  

Hey ladies. The 30 Day Shred has 3 levels on it--I started w/level 1 because I am a beginner!! Also, on each level, they show a beginner and an advanced exerciser--I again went w/beginner. She has you do 2 min. warm up and then 3 circuits--3 min. strength, 2 min. cardio and 1 min. ab on each circuit--and then cool down. It went pretty fast. She does talk a lot but I find it distracts me so I don't mind. I thought it was majorly tough and a lot of what I have heard is that it's tough and you get sore but people have had major results. You can search here or on sparkpeople to read more from people who have completed more than 1 day. It was "basic" exercise--no dancey stuff, had jumping jacks and push ups and crunches, etc.--and it was challenging. Maybe you could rent it or something?! I will keep you posted!!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #25  
Cheryl

S/C/G: 244.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Good morning ladies!

Rikki (and everyone) - I'm glad to hear about the Jillian Michaels DVD. I've been wanting to try it.

FYI - if you have cable television through Comcast, you can watch a lot of these "On Demand." This morning I nearly killed myself with the "Biggest Loser Carb Max" workout 20 minutes of serious heavy breathing. This was my first session with my TV . . . it was led by Bob Harper (I think I love him).

I have 2 mornings each week where my son is with dad. It seems like the perfect time for me to get up early, exercise, walk the dog, eat and get out the door. I was even early for work this morning (miracle). Hopefully this will continue.

Update: Last night was taco/margarita night at my favorite hangout - I ate at home before I left and drank water the entire time!!! Yay - proud of me!

Weigh in is tonight. Fingers crossed for the mini-goal being met - 10 pounds.

Have a great day everyone!!!
cp33 is offline   Reply With Quote