Old 08-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat TGIF August 1st

Morning all. Well nothing really exciting here to report...but i wanted to wish Hannah a happy bday. I know you probably want to forget your 40th...but dont' worry....you are still very young. Enjoy your bday.

Hey to everyone else...hope everyone has a good day. Time to get ready for work!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Good Morning, GG!

Happy Birthday, Hannah!!!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #3  

Happy Birthday Hanna!

Well, weigh in showed a gain of 0.4. ARGH!! The day is just off to a not so great start. I am trying to watch my attitude. I did get up and work out, even though I had planned to sleep in. I better move it--kids surrounding me!

Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Morning Everyone! Hope it is a good Friday for all. Rikki- don't worry about the gain...have you taken measurements? That is a great indicator too...especially if you are working out and losing inches but that muscle is hindering a scale loss. I know that sucks and then your whole attitude does too but I am glad you are trying to think positively. How old are your kiddos?

My little ones are playing around but it won't last for long I am sure. We are going to Dad's office today to have lunch with him so the hubby is pretty excited to show them off...now, I just have to remember to pack my slimfast shake and ONLY!!! get a side salad at McDonalds! Here's to wishing for willpower and a successful choice!

Take care and enjoy your Friday. I will check in again later. Tomorrow I leave for my last trip! (weeklong) So I don't know how often I will be on in the week but I don't think I could go the whole time without checking in!

Hanna- Happy Birthday!
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hi everybody!, Just flying by to say howdy, I'm going crazy around here. Big DS has to have all his paperwork ($$$) turned in by the 8th or doesn't get to go. A minor item he failed to mention to me a couple of weeks ago. So I'm scrambling to get it all done (me, not him, whats wrong with this picture), and now we have had a computer glick so I'm having to actually have papers mailed to me, what is this world coming to when I have to touch paper. As if that wasn't enough the other kids all start on the 12th and we got their schedules last week and they were completely wrong so we've been going back and forth with the school to get it all straightened out. On a lighter note, my brother and his girlfriend of 5 years are finally getting hitched today, so I need to get all my stuff done today so I can enjoy my evening. I've been running and doing weights everyday, my eating still isn't as scheduled as I would like it to be, I don't think about eating until I'm starving, and as a result I have not seen my scales change at all. I'm trying to focus on the healthy aspect of it right now and worry about the # later.

HANNA

mcmom, here you go

RLK, I hear you girlfriend, keep your head up, it'll all pay off.

Gotta go, kids are about to wake up their dad and whooooeeee that'll be ugly.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday Hanna-banana!!! We love you Girlfriend. Hope that hubby treats you extra special today ~ you deserve it!

GG ~ good hearing from you. Man, I bet that you're excited about your upcoming trip. DH's aunt went to Tuscany in April and *loved* it. She brought us back some seriously good olive oil.

holly ~ Good luck with the new medicine. Hope that you see good results asap!

Rikki ~ doesn't it feel great to have your workout finished so early in the morning? Sure does make my day go so much better.

Erin ~ have fun on your trip! I know that you're tired of traveling but months from now you'll be stuck in a classroom and probably be wishing for a trip! How sweet that DH can't wait to show off your two little treasures.

Trish ~ hey there Girlie! Good hearing from you. Those kiddies of yours keep you hopping and life never really slows down. I am so *not* looking forward to teenage years. Good thing that it's a gradual process because I look at my friends that have teenagers and their life is CRAZY.

Pam ~ have a great day. Wasn't the Veggie Tales movie great? Too cute.

Lisa ~ hi there!

Lauren ~ TGIF.

Toni ~ have fun at the movies. The school bus sounds like great fun.

I have been running around like a crazy person myself. We have so much packed in during these last few weeks of summer. DS is driving me BONKERS! Seems like I'm constantly on him these days for doing or saying something wrong. I am far more strict with him lately and he isn't liking it. DH has been so busy with work lately as well as interviewing for a new job and I feel really overwhelmed right now. Unfortunately, my eating has been out of control. All of a sudden, I cannot wait for school to start so that we can get back on a regular schedule. TGIF... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #7  

Erin--I have 4 year old twins and an 18-month old. It can get loud. You can totally handle lunch out today--you are doing great. Yes, I almost need to not weigh and focus on changes but if I lose, it's such great motivation. Gaining makes me so frustrated, though. Oh well, another week...

Joan--Yes, these last weeks of summer will probably feel like forever. My twins will start preschool for the 1st time this year so they've never gone back to school but fall just brings more routine. I am sorry the eating is out of control--I have those days. It's never too late to start over.

Well, I am still grumpy but at least I have dishes done and ants killed in the kitchen. Argh.
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all! I am bloated and miserable and am not afraid to shar that with the world!! Grrrrr.... I am going out to lunch and Walmart a little later so maybe I'll feel better. Then it's home to do my strength training workout again.

Anyway, I wanted to share something with you. Anyone with animals will get this totally. I didn't write this but it was tucked away in my archivs somewhere and I just found it this morning...

Animal Diaries

Excerpts from a dog’s daily diary:

8:00 AM – Dog Food! My favorite thing!

9:30 AM – A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 AM – A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 AM – Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 PM – Lunch! My favorite thing!

1: 00 PM – Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 PM – Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 PM – Milk bones! My favorite thing!

7:00 PM – Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 PM – WOW! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 PM – Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cats daily Diary:

Day 683 of my captivity…

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the floor. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it’s clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a “good little hunter” I am. The audacity!! There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies”. I must learn what this means and use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow – but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released – and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously ******ed! The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe… for now.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #9  

Forgot to mention... remember I said my shoulder didn't hurt... that nothing hurt? Well, last night I noticed that my abs (or as my daughter says, abdominabubbles) were so sore!! I must have done something right!! LOL
Old 08-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #10  
Changing Lifestyle

S/C/G: 197/187.5/137

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,
I finally got my signature! Yay!

Happy Birthday, Hanna!
yana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Busy coupla days! That's what happens and you leave things to the last minute!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNA!!!!

Last edited by LBH; 08-01-2008 at 03:40 PM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #12  

Happy Birthday Hanna!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Happy Birthday, Hanna! And I hope everybody else has a good day! I spent the day shopping for wedding decorations and knick-knacks with the Wedding Police, -- I mean -- my MIL. After supper (taco salad with low-fat meat, and lots of tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, and low-fat sour cream) I'm going with my friend who's going to do my hall decorations, to spy on another wedding to get decorating ideas, and after that, I'm going to Mamma Mia with another friend. After that, I'm going to go home, pour a glass of wine, and climb into bed with my cats, who will have been neglected all day and let them bite me and swear at me. That'll be nice.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #14  
KAR

Happy Birthday Hanna!! Hope you enjoy your special day!

Hi to everyone else! Sounds like you are all doing great! I haven't felt good since Tuesday evening. I think I had a kidney or bladder infection. So I treated it with cranberry tablets called AZO. I am starting to feel better. I didn't really do anything the last couple of days. I am hoping to get back on track with my eating and working out tomorrow. Just haven't felt that great and didn't workout.

Chat with you all later!
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6

OMG!!! Just had a whole post tuped up with personals...took me like 15 mins!!! AND I LOST IT!!! What??!!!@!@??

I had two Captain & diet cokes (60 cals each!!!) and am a little tipsy...sorry. Anyway. Went to my gf's today with a few friends & the kids swam all day. Cadence was going off the diving board for the first time!!! YAY!! She did have on her life jacket, cause she is just learning to swim. She can swim great in the shallow end, can't quite tread water yet. WEll, I turned around and she was gettin gout of the deep end WITHOUT HER JACKET ON!!! Iwas like, WHAT!!?? She said she forgot to put it back on, but was able to doggie paddle herself to the side....I was freaked out, thinkshe was too. Definitely going to practice the treading water thing, to get her good at it....

Anyway, I had lunch before we went over there, and brought rice cakes as a snack so I wouldn't be tempted...I had two servings of rice cakes (140 cals) and 4 bottles of water...I'm telling ya, I'm on a roll girls, and it's that freakin' spark/calorie counter...I love it!!! I'm getting used to being hungry, cause I know my body is getting the amount of food it needs. And I'm not even as hungry as I was when I started a week ago. But the best part is...I lost two pounds this week!!! YAY!!

Okay, gotta go floss the little one's teeth...hope everyone has a great evening, and excuse the drunkeness...I loveyou guys!!!

Cheers,
P

Last edited by pmasci; 08-01-2008 at 08:00 PM.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote