Old 07-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Chat Friday July 25th

Good moring all!!!

What, I'm startign the thread again?? Where is everyone??

Well, today we are DEFINITELY going to the library...we keep getting sidetracked!! But that is #1 on the list today. Then to Target, the produce store, and maybe swimming at my mom's. We shall see. I hung all the lights on my patio yesterday. I think they look good, DH says,"yeah, they look good, but i didn't think we needed them anyway." Men are dopes sometimes. Of course we didn't NEED them. And the fact that all of tehm cost me about 5.00, well, that's reason enough!!!

Okay, girls. off to get some laundry started & take a shower. Then off to the librarry. And yes, we are going to check out Diary of a Worm. Frankie is very intrigued by the title!!

Later chicas!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Morning!!
I'm here, just slightly in a fog! LOL and since hubby & I aren't speaking at the moment, I will say - men are dopes most of the time!! At least today - maybe he can restore my faith in the species at some point!

P - have fun at the library. I need to take my kids. They are signed up for the summer reading program, but we haven't made it up there to fill out their papers. Oh, well - it's still summer, right?! But I am also intriqued by "Diary of a Worm." I will have to see if our library carries it.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

This will be me later tonight and tomorrow trying to get my homework done so I can have a BDay party for youngest on Sunday!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Holly, if you go into your User CP, you can Edit Signature, and add a ticker when you reach 20 days.

TGIF!! It's kind of a busy one!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 AM   #4  

Thanks Lauren! Since it doesn't have an "edit signature" tab, should I assume that I have not been on here long enough, and it will pop up when I can do it?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

holly- it will pop up when they allow you to have it...just keep checking.

hello all...off to my moms today...she is an hour west of Harrisburg...so I will try to check in later...I am feeling so great since I have decided to just do this the way I want to do it. Take care and enjoy this weekend...Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:08 AM   #6  

Thanks, Erin! Have fun at your mom's!!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #7  

good morning!....HAPPY FRIDAY!

was MIA yesterday...kept thinking about checking in but then my day just flew by

pam: $5 is reason enough...im with you!...have fun at the library

holly: bday parties in the summer are great...how old is your youngest going to be?...my little guy will be for next sunday..cant wait for his party should be fun...have a great time!

lauren: good luck with your busy day...

mcmommy: drive safe...isnt that like a 4 hour drive?...used to live in dc and went to pa every so often...have fun

well thats it for now!...hope everyone has a wonderful day...nothing exciting for me....work, football for dominic and thats it...have a great one
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Erin... good for you!! You deserve to be happy and you will do just fine!!

Pam... I'm dying to hear Frankie's reaction to the book. I have the little lights all over my patio too. Hubby keeps leaving them on... grrr...

Hollymommy... I wrote the poems, not Joan!! LOL I'm glad you're enjoyng them. I still have some more to share at some point.

Lauren... Enjoy your day!!!! Friday...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #9  
KAR

Morning All,
TGIF!!! I think we have all looked forward to the weekend coming this week.
Pam, enjoy your errands today. Have fun at the library! Glad you got your lights hung up.
Holly sorry that you are not speaking to your dh right now. I go through those kinds of days too! So hope things get better for you. Enjoy your youngest's birthday party on Sunday!
Lauren, hope you have a great day at work. Hooe today isn't too busy that you take some Lauren time for yourself!
Erin glad to see the postive attitude! I have a spark page too. Just haven't been using it much here lately. Will have to get to using it though. Since it helped me alot in the past. My name is KerryR on there. Enjoy your trip and your family reunion!
Valerie, thanks for mentioning the Sparkpeople yesterday. I had forgotten all about that site. It helped me lose about 30 pounds a couple years ago and then I got so busy that I forgot about it. So I updated some of my stuff last night. Thanks again! Enjoy your day off!
Christina, hope you have a nice Friday. When does Dominic's football games start? I bet you will be the proud mama in the stands yelling the loudest, won't you?
Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday. I have to workout, get ready for the day, pay some bills, go to the bank, the post office, and gas station. Then I might break down and start cleaning house. Haven't done that yet. Let it go for over a week. This evening DH and I have a dinner date for Happy Hour at Dakota's Steak House. Appeziators are half price and we can usually get out of there around 15 to 20 dollars for the two of us. That includes drinks and food. Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Pmasci, thanks for reminding me, I need to renew some books. I went to WW last night, I'm up by .6. Bluch. I took MIL-to-be home, and went to the grocery store to drown my sorrows in fat-free fudgicles. They didn't have any, so I stood in front of the ice cream section debating with myself for 15 minutes. Do I get the ones I only kind-of like? Do I try something new, like gelato? Should I go to the other store? I ended up buying mini cucumbers and some low-fat ranch. I picked up and put down 4 different chocolate bars. When I left the store, I felt pretty proud of myself! Still kind of mad at the .6, but oh, well.
I let my cats out this morning. I felt the driveway, and although it is VERY black and VERY shiny, it seems dry, so unless one of them lies on it in the hot sun, I don't see any problem. Just in case, I have scissors and a camera!!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #11  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Good morning..

Have been running errands trying to get ready for the trip. The dog is going tomorrow to get groomed. I started packing my bag already. I just need to finish the girls laundry and start on theirs.

Pam have fun at the library. My girls love to go.

Kori congrats on the will power. That is my biggest struggle is will power. Especially when it comes to chocolate.

Kerry we are leaving Sunday morning. It will be a 14 hour drive. The husband is freaking out he looked at the weather and it is suppose to rain that week. Oh well it doesn't mean we can't have fun.

Valerie will look into breakfast stuff. I hate oatmeal it makes me gag. But I had read that if you eat a high protien breakfast it curves the appetite for the rest of the day.

Well off to run more errands. Have a wonderful Friday. I will try to keep in touch on the vacation. I will have my laptop with me.

Fergi

Last edited by fergi; 07-25-2008 at 12:10 PM.
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #12  

Back again girls...

Made it to the library today!!! Frankie decided on some Hank Zipzer books, and Fudge-a Mania (has read the other two already). He did read Diary of a Worm while we were there..said it was pretty funny. A bit below his reading level, though, so it was nice he read it there!! Cadence got a few of the Jamie Lee Curtis books. I've been wanting to get them, and stumbled across them while looking at "Worm", so she got them. Also a few old movies. What did I get?? Nada. Zip. Zilch. That's because by the time they finished looking, playing on the computers, and reading, they were ready to leave. It is hard to look in the adult section with two ancy kids...I'll probably get over there ne3xt week by myself

Anywho.....

Erin, have a great trip to your mom's!! Hope the reunion is a blast!!

Kerry, mmm sounds like fun tonight!!! I should see if there are any restaurants around here that do something like that!!! I'm all about saving some dough!! Hope you two have a nice time!

Kori, great job on the will power!!! woot woot!! Good girl, you should be proud!! Hope the kitties don't come back with little black paws!!

Fergi, hope you are getting everything done with as little hassle as possible!!! I'm very jealous, have fun!! Oh, and I also eat an egg & two whites on wheat toast for breakfast almost every day. Keeps me full till I have a yogurt mid-morning. I think it's whatever works for you...

Christina, have a great weekend with the kids!!!

Lauren, holly, Joan, Alicia, GG, Lisa, Trish, Toni, hanna, etc. Have a super weekend!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #13  
KAR

Kori good job with the willpower! You can do it! Hope your cats enjoy being outside today!
Fergi, sounds like you will have a busy weekend getting ready for your trip. Have a fun time, even if it rains.
I have paid the bills, worked out for 30 mintues and now have to get my shower and then go to the bank, mail the bills, and go to the gas station. Just a lovely day planned. Then we will see about cleaning some of the house.
Chat with you all later,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #14  

Hello everyone. This is my 2nd day posting on this thread so I am trying to learn who everyone is. I had my weigh in today and was the same as last week--I guess that's better than gaining. I feel like I am making some good changes so that's the positive side. I even snuck in a workout last night before bed. Well, I started the day grumpy but I think I can get thru the rest without yelling. Have a good weekend everyone!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Kerry... what is your user name on SP? I am poppyseeds there too. Add me as a friend and I'll check out your page and send you some goodies!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote