Old 07-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Monday, July 14

Morning All....the kiddos got me up early...so welcome to Monday!
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all...got up this am and took the dog for a walk. Its been 5 days straight of rain so therefore dog was excited to go for walk. Now i just have to get motivated to go to work.

mcmommy-i'm enjoying my days before kids... everyone who has kids tells me to enjoy my sleeping in while i can. Once kids come along...no sleeping in.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Good morning! This is hollymommy - I posted an introduction yesterday, but it was in the wrong spot - sorry!! I am 33, married, have 4 kids and I work full time and go to school. I am currently at work - I have been here for 45 minutes. I am getting ready to go ride the excercise bike (we share office space with a rehab clinic and they let us use their gym) and do some crunches. Then at 9:30ish I head off to school for 2 hours, then it's back to work until 5:30. Good thing I packed healthy food for the day! Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Good morning to everyone!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #4  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
Hope you all have a wonderful start to the week! Sounds like we all had nice weekends!
Welcome Hollymommy! Glad you joined us. So what are you going to school for ? Sounds like you have a great plan on losing your weight. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Erin,don't you love it when you can sleep in and you get woke up early. I know that in a month, I will have to start getting myself use to the going to bed at a certain time and waking up earlier than I already do. So what are your big plans for today with the kiddos?
GG, sounds like the volunteering is going to be fun! Still lol about the bodies in the closet comment. Enjoy your walk this morning! How far do you walk with the dog? Enjoy your day at work!
Hi to everyone else. I need to get my butt in gear, get a 45 minute workout in, eat my breakfast, get my shower and get ready to go to my doctor's appointment at 10 . Then it is back home to mow the lawn. Don't know what else I'll get into for the day.
Well you all have a wonderful day! I will check back later with you all!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #5  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Mornin' All!!! Just waiting for the hubs to wake up so we can head off to the gym. I am ready and rearing, and hoping for a great work out. Hoping to have a lazy day today, and catch up on the housework. Not much planned today.

Welcome Hollymommy, I am pretty new here too.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Wow, it seems like all of you are much more motivated than me in the mornings! I used to do a workout before my morning shower, but since I have a hard time dragging my butt out of bed early enough to get the kids to daycare and to work at an early enough time that I can get school and work in and get in almost 8 hours of work...well, maybe you can see why I so tired in the mornings!! Kerry, I am going to school to be a Registered Health Information Technician. Basically, that's anything and everything to do with Medical information and patient charts (both paper and electronic) and coding - there are a LOT of things RHIT's do. GG - something to look forward to - yes the kids will get you up early for a lot of years, but then you get to be like me, and the older ones put on cartoons for the little one, and they all sit there watching TV like zombies until parents get up! They come in and say good morning, we are going to watch TV, and then I get to go back to sleep!

Morning all!!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I have to brag, I'm sorry! We're getting a new car today! I would have been happy with a nice, little, couple-of-years-old decent car, you know, something pretty, and new-to-me? We went into the Mazda dealership last Fri, and DH-to-be starts pointing at shiny cars, and saying things like rust-proofing, and Sport Package, and Power this and Power that!!! And some kind of warranty where if anything goes wrong, the dealership pays for it for 5 years, including oil changes! My knees started to shake! He says it's because he works in Alberta, and wants me to be safe, but holy cow! More importantly, he let me pick the car I wanted!
Yes, I realize how lucky I am!
**On another note, my DD is 11, and gets up, makes her bed, and has cereal in front of cartoons for an hour or so on non-school days, so her lazy mother can sleep in a little.
Now, I'm going to clean up the garage, so the new car won't be ashamed of us when it gets home!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Hollymommy!

Congrats Kofarq!!! Getting something new is always fun!! Drive it in good health!!

I am not motivated in the mornings at all... add me to the list of those who sleep in. My kids started taking care of themselves in the morning a long time ago. They are 15 and 11 now and don't bother me at all in the morning. They just get up and do their own things... LOL They know mom is just a walking zombie in the morning and will tend to get in your way as she stumbles about. The longer mom stays in bed... the better!!! LOL

Have a wonderful day everyone!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Kori, (not sure if I said that already!) Congrats on the new car! So what did you get?

Holly, that's great that they let you use their equipment! Sounds like you have a pretty flexible schedule.

Pear, cool that you and DH go to the gym together.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hey Chicks!

Just a quickie this morning, I'll check back in later with my pictures I took this weekend.
DH and I went out on Sat for our anniversary, to Applebees, Starbucks and Lowes. We bought some stuff to finish out the room we just painted. It's really sad when thats what our "dates" have become, and we like it.
Didn't get much exercise in this weekend, I worked hard outside in the yard but nothing on the bike or running. We did take the kids to Holiday World yesterday and spent the whole day playing there. I was so tired I didn't get up until about 8 this morning when the dogs were barking like crazy to go potty.

Hope everyone had a good weekend , I gotta catch up on posts and I'll chat more later. Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #11  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good morning. I hope everyone is having a good start of the day.

I was sick again last night. I have gastritis and it is awful. If you have never had it then you won't understand. The pain is horrible. It is like a baby that has gas. You know how there stomach gets bloated and hard and they cry uncontrollable. Well that is me. It gets so bad that is feels like my ribs are going to rip open and it also feels like my stomach is going to explode. It will put me in the fetal position. So I suffered from that all weekend. When I lost the 15 pounds it totally disappeared. But I gained it back and now it is back. It is very hard to sleep when this is going on.

Pearfreak I get the waffle stuff from Target. It is the organic mix and you add the eggs, milk, and oil. Which are also organic. I did not tell me husband that everything I cooked that morning was organic until after he ate. He asked what my deal was with the organic stuff. I told him that it is better for him and it does not have all the added chemicals and hormones. I wish I could find more stuff that was organic. I buy what I can. But yes his birthday breakfast turned out so good.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #12  
Tracie

S/C/G: 165/163/130

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! Happy Monday!

I just joined 3FC this morning. I really need a support system. Its so important for me to have women to relate to and have motivate me. This is going to be a frustrating road. I am trying to lose the thirty (ouch) pounds I have gained over the past five years... and I am starting TODAY!
I think my metabolism is very slow now. I cannot lose weight the way I once could, so the first two weeks are often the most difficult for me when I start a new "lifestyle"--- I rely too much on the scale.
Today my goal is an hour cardio session in the morning (leaving now for the gym) and an hour this evening before dinner.

Talk to new friends soon, hopefully!

Tracie
WantsSkinnyJeansBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #13  
Spin Addict

S/C/G: 145/139/120

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning Chicks,

Welcome Tracie and Holly.

I hope that everyone had a good weekend. I went off plan and had a small vanilla ice cream yesterday. I had just completed 3 hours of weeding so I thought I "deserved" it. But both my garden and my home look fairly neat today.

I had a rough night with teething last night, these molars can be horrible.

Congrats on the new car Kori!

My plan for this week is lots of fiber and to make it to a spin class four times this week.
Gracesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hello All!

GG- Yes, life before kiddos was sooo different. I love it both ways. They are only 3 and 4 months so no doing their own thing yet!

Kerry- Even though no school, we are still up early! I don't mind it though. On certain days I still take them to daycare b/c Nate is a bear to drop off if he doesn't go. We already worked out and plan on just playing and relaxing today.

Tracie/Hollymommy/ Angela-

Trish- Sounds like you had an enjoyable anniversary. Congrats!

Kori- That's awesome about the car....yes lucky indeed...can he speak to my husband?

Pear- I wish my hubby would join me in my efforts...he doesn't really need to but it would be a whole lot easier if he ate healthy too and worked out!

Gracesmom- I hear you on the ice cream. Yesterday we went to Cold Stone which has awesome ice cream!!! I actually passed up cake and cookie batter flavors for sinless sans fat sweet cream with strawberry and blueberry mix ins. I was proud of myself but really wanted the dang batter flavored ones!

Fergi- I am sorry to hear of your condition. That sounds just awful!
I am totally on board with the organic. When I found out about the whole baby bottle issue and then learned more about all the chemicals in everything, I just thought it was time for a change. I shop at a place called Whole Foods where everything in there is natural or organic. I even use natural shampoos, washes, and baby stuff. My son doesn't know the difference between regular and organic spaghetti os....

Poppy/Lauren/Kim/Joan/Pam and all the rest- Hello and enjoy your week!
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #15  
KAR

Afternoon All,
Welcome Tracie! Sounds like you have a good plan in place to lose your 30 pounds and change your lifestyle! Good Luck to you. I know that you can do it!
Erin, I know because I can't really sleep pass 8 or 9 during the summer. Hope you enjoy your day of playing at home with the kiddies!
Fergi, sorry to hear that your weekend wasn't that great! Hope you are feeling a lot better today!
Trish, congrats on your anniverisary! Sounds like you had a nice date out with your dh. Sounds like you put in a workout anyway this weekend, working in the house and the yard.
Kori, congrats on your new car! So what kind is it? I hope you enjoyed cleaning out the garage!
Gracesmommy, hope your day is going good. Sorry to hear that your had a rough night last night. Your treat sounds yummy!
Hi to everyone else! Hope your day is going great for you. I got my 3 mile workout in this morning, went to the doctor's, got gas to mow the lawn and in the van, got my new sunglasses from the eye doctor's and then came home. Eat lunch and then started on the yard. Didn't get very far and the mower quit. So the neighbor is working on it right now. Just hope that I can finish the lawn today. Since I set the time aside for it today. Plus it is not that hot out today. But this week is suppose to heat up here.
So I guess I will go read for a few minutes.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote