Old 07-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #16  
KAR

Afternoon everyone,
Welcome Angela! You have come to a great place for support and accountability. Look forward to getting to know you. Glad you came to our group! I love the Walk Away The Pounds videos. I have a lot of them. I switch them up and they seem to be helping me firm up and tone my body.
So Joan what books did you get for your trip? I am currently reading One Small Thing. It is about a lady who wants a baby and can't get pregrant. Then finds out her dh has a 10 year-old son. So far it is really good. Have a safe trip!
Alicia, sounds like you have a busy 3 days off. Hope you got your chores done! I know what you mean about the kids. My stepkids fight over the computer and the tv remote all the time. It is like come on grow up and take your turn. You are not 3 or 4 and have to throw temper tantrums. You are 10 and 12.
Toni, so how is your day of staying OP going? I hope well. I did tell my dh that he was going to have to take me to the DQ tonight for a small hot fudge sundae with peanuts. When it is that TOM, that is the only time I crave ice cream. So I guess that is a good thing. Plus after I have it once, I don't want it again until a few months later. So what did you do for excerise today?
Sunshine, enjoy your weekend too. We really don't have anything major plan ourselves. We are going to a benfit dinner tomorrow for our friends daughter's softball team. Plus maybe to the fairgrounds to watch the harness racing. Other than that just relaxing and getting my workouts in.
Fergi, how did your day go today? How has your eating been for the week? I have been thinking about you! Sending positive thoughts your way.
Hanna how have you been doing this week? Did you rest up after your busy weekend? How is Sean doing? Miss chatting with you.
GG hope work went well for you. How many weeks before you go to Italy? I bet that is going to be a wonderful vacation.
Trish how was your lunch with the ladies today? So did you have your margrita?
Hi to everyone else! Hope you have a good evening!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #17  
Spin Addict

S/C/G: 145/139/120

Height: 5'0"

Hi Chicks,

I am really enjoying reading this thread every day.

I hope everyone has GREAT on plan weekend!

I decided to buy a new scale. I got one for $40 at Bed Bath and Beyond (I got a $10 coupon in the mail a few days ago and I had a $20 store credit from last year). It is a "Salter" and only gives weight, no body fat, water, memory things. Anyway I am 140.8 which I am definitely counting as a loss. It feels awesome to be moving in the right direction.
Gracesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #18  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Angela, and to you for coming on here and being so honest. I struggled with Anorexia and Bulimia in college (mostly bulimia) and still do every so often. I am a huge emotional eater and have a hard time controlling it sometimes. Have you checked out the "chicks in control" forum here on 3FC? Lost of good people there who might have advice for those night binges. I found that sometimes counting calories helps keep me from going over board...sometimes... I have also found that when I feel like binging I can come on here and "chat" with people who understand. I have started a sticker system for myself about 3 weeks ago b/c I was having a hard time exercising. I put a sticker on our family calendar (in a very well-trafficked area) every day I do at least 30 min of exercise. I have officially only missed 1 day in the last 3 weeks! I think part of me really likes seeing that nice little row of stickers and not wanting to miss a day...I'm kinda anal retentive that way I suppose. Anyway, I am a total convert to it now! Stickers for all!!! (DH was asking me if he could put a special sticker on the calendar every time we had sex!) could just imagine some one walking by and asking "so what are those stickers for?" Anyway, just thought that maybe you could try to give yourself a sticker every binge-free day. Everybody likes stickers...

Sorry for the novel. I got a little carried away...

Last edited by mamatoni; 07-11-2008 at 05:18 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #19  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

I think 4 of us posted at the same time!!!

Kerry, Thanks for asking. I have done well today. I made the kids waffles for breakfast and we put homemade ice cream and a little syrup on them...delicious I had a half a waffle with nothing on it and finished up the kids' leftovers (something I have a really hard time with, I hate wasting food, but don't really need to be eating it). I figure it is better to "waste" the food than "waist" the food, but sometimes it is hard anyway. I feel good about what I have eaten and that is the big thing for me. For my exercise today, I am going to do a new pilates video as soon as I get off here. DD is napping so I have about an hour or so to squeeze it in.

Alicia, thanks for the compliment on the names, I wanted original ones...have so many associations with the common ones from teaching. We found out after she was born that Aylin means "moon halo", thought that was pretty. We just liked the sound of it and I though it would be fun to have an "A" and a "Z"

Joan, have a great trip! Had to laugh at you feeding the M&M's to your kids, I have been known to make an apple pie for DH, then encourage him to eat all of it that day so it won't sit around tempting me.

Gonna go try that new video, have a great friday everyone!

Last edited by mamatoni; 07-11-2008 at 05:31 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hey all...one last check in before bed...

Toni- the sex sticker is a hilarious concept...sometimes I don't think that my hubby gets I can't have one more person touching me at the end of the day...school kids, my own kids and then he wants to grab too...I just can't take it sometimes!

Sounds like others are doing well too...enjoy your trip Joan...I am sure you will have fun. We have this weekend at home and then we are on the go again. I saved up all my points for dinner tonight and had a thin crust veggie pizza...yummy...but so good I had to move into my flex points too...oh well, that is what they are there for! Take care all, Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...work was fairly busy. I was on the 7th straight day of working. I'm wiped out...but the good thing is..i have the whole weekend off...woohooo. Its been a while since i've had a full weekend off. Tomorrow, i'm going to get up and go ride the pony, then i'm going with DH to watch him race his car. Not exactly overly exciting..but i know he enjoys my company.

java-welcome...we are glad to have newbies. And many of us share you love for java...many of us can't unction without it LOL

Kar- glad to hear things are better. Finances are always a stresser..but i always find it better to talk things out..deosn't help if ou cant talk.
as for the trip to Tuscany...just over 4 wks...i cant' wait..but god i've got a ton to do before i go and so little time LOL.

hey to everyone else..i'm off to go to sleep. take care...check back n tomorrow.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all... Welcome Angela!! Trish, yeah I want pictures!!! Bring 'em on!

I had such a busy day today. I don't work on Fridays so I went out with my daughter and my mom for lunch (sushi) and then we went shopping. I got 3 new tops, my mom got 2 and my daughter got 2. We went to Marshall's Home Goods which is way too much fun. Their prices are amazing!! I had to buy one of the shirts in a 2X... bleah.

Then my son (age 15) wanted to go to the mall and hang out so I dropped him off there while hubby made dinner. Then after dinner, I did manage to get a nice long walk in with my doggy. She is loving my new lifestyle too!! LOL Then I spent time updating my fitday food and activity logs.

Now I'm off to bed... nitey nite all!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-11-2008 at 11:17 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #23  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!

Just wanted to say hi before I go back to work tomorrow. I would like to post individuals but I'm pooped tonight, sorry. Had a crazy day. The 4 wheeler was stolen...we found it, we actually think DH's "friend" took it. My daughters "appliance" is falling out of her mouth, I'll have to take her Tues morn when I get off work to have it fixed. Just a crazy, crazy afternoon. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Hello to all the newbies, this is a great place and everyone here is wonderful!

Talk later everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post
Hi Sunshine ~ welcome!
Thanks!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAR73 View Post
Sunshine, enjoy your weekend too. We really don't have anything major plan ourselves. We are going to a benfit dinner tomorrow for our friends daughter's softball team. Plus maybe to the fairgrounds to watch the harness racing. Other than that just relaxing and getting my workouts in.
Thanks! I did!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote