Old 06-13-2008, 06:57 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat TGIF, June 13th

Morning Everyone,
Got up bright and early this morning. I put in a good 30 minute workout already. Just thought I would drop in and say hi real quick before I start my busy day. Have training again today from 8:45 until 3 or 3:30. Then have to come home and do a few things around the house and make a few phone calls. So no rest for the wick here. But atleast this keeps me busy and not snacking on useless food.
Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend. Any big plans for the weekend? I have training again tomorrow from 8:45 until 3 or 3:30. Then I come home long enough to grab my suitcase, pick up my mil and then we are off to visit my family for a few days. Which should be fun.
Well I must think about eating my breakfast and then jumping in the shower. So I will close for now. Check back in later with everyone. Hope you all have a pleasant day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...kerry its great to see you back in action.

Its my only day off this week (i worked an extra day for extra $$$). So i've got a lot planned. The truck went in for new tires (had nails in two). It should be ready soon. DH and i already walked the dog. Then after we pick up the truck, we're going biking. Then i have to go to whole foods for veggies and the nursery for a trellis for my cukes. Then a chior apt at 3.30. Then off to see my pony. As you can tell a busy day...plus i really need to hem my dress for next weeks wedding. SO my day off will be very buys.

hope everyone is doing great. Check back later!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I had an awful day in NYC yestderday. Sooo not a city girl. Anyway, I'm back on home turf and soo glad it's FRIDAY!!

Have a TON of stuff to catch up on...131 e/mails to go through!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Good morning to all.

Welcome to me4life. I just started here and everyone is very nice and supportive.

Kerry- No real big plans for summer. Some camping trips with the family and one long trip to NY to see my inlaws and family there. A few classes for a reading program and a mentor program and the rest is focusing on me, exercise and eating habits. It is hard to find exercise time with a toddler and baby hanging on you!

Anyone have some suggestions for exercise? I have an elliptical machine at home and some DVDs...does anyone here do any Yoga/Pilates and see the benefits from them? I would like to give that a try.

So far, since stopping the slim fast I have just been eating basically what i want when I want. My weight continues to flucuate 2-3 lbs...same as on slimfast,no real loss. I look forward to starting ww and seeing real results again.

Have a great day all!
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Frankie's team lost the game last night, their coach is so great he immediately told them how much they improved this year, and how well they worked TOGETHER..so it was a nice ending. Went to bellydancing class last night and sweated my butt off...sore this AM. She is giving me more difficult stuff since I have the basics down. I am loving it!!

Today I have errands to run, then to take Cady to a pool party. DH is out tonight with his band...then to a golf outing tomorrow. Kids are sleeping at MIL's tomorrow so I can do a GNO with some friends. My teacher is performing at a Moroccan restaurant right across from my development, so we are going there. Really looking forward to it.

Patricia, sounds like a full day...enjoy.

Lauren, I don't like the city either. Haven't been to NY since I was a kid, but I try to stay away from Philly as much as possible...

Me...WELCOME!!! You will find lots of friends here.

Mc...hey there! I used to do yoga after I had my son...probably one of the best workouts ever. I was in super shape. I am starting to incorporate it back into my workouts. Right now just doing ti twice a week, will soon up it to 4X...it is so good for you.

Kerry..hope the training goes well. Hope you have a nice time on your trip, too!!

Okay, gotta get started on my day...have a wonderful one, girls!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #6  

good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!

not too much here...busy at work and dominic...went to court yesterday for him everything went great..they were so nice to him and congratulated him on all his hard work...he will be home before xmas if he does well...hot here...nice swimming weather....found out last night my mom and gma are coming out here next month...im so excited..my gma hasnt been out here since she moved to arizona...she has alzheimers and has good and bad days...she wants one more trip to see california..so they are doing a 3 week trip from north to south..will be great

kerry:good luck with the training...have fun with your family!

lauren: 131 emails???...thats too much for me...sorry the city didnt treat you well!...have a great one!

gg: you are a busy girl!...have fun on your day off while doing the "needed" things

pam: sounds like a nice coach he had...i like those kinds of coaches...its not always about winning....i really want to try belly dancing....you've inspired me...it always seems like you have so much fun doing it every time you talk about it...a friend of mine is looking into it for us...have fun on your girls night out!

mcmommy: good luck doing weight watchers...for me it has worked wonderfully...i dont do yoga or pilates..let me know if you try it and find it works well for you!

gotta go get the little guy up!...have a great day everyone and stay cool and hydrated!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Chicksters!

Kerry ~ enjoy your weekend with family! Three cheers for getting up and getting your workout in already.

GG ~ You have one *busy* day ahead. Sounds like you'll be too busy to snack. We used to have a Whole Foods close to our old house and I miss it. Michael just told me that they're building one close by and it'll be open by August ~ yeah!

Hi Lauren ~ you must be busy these days since we hardly ever hear from you. Job still going good? I love the city... just prefer that someone else be the driver!

mcmommy ~ I exercise daily on a recumbent bike as well as taking walks outside. I used to do Yoga before having kids and would like to get back into it. It's so good for your body. I've never done Pilates but my SIL is hooked and her body looks healthy and toned these days because of it.

Mornin' Pam ~ sorry to hear about Frankie's game. Sounds like a great coach though! Enjoy your GNO tomorrow. I am in need of one myself. My book club wants to meet next time at a bowling alley (!). It is one of the most diverse groups that I've ever been in and *always* entertaining LOL.

It's a mexican menu tonight and definitely NOT low cal. I'm making chicken enchiladas, spanish rice, cornbread. I was looking online for a mexican salad recipe and found one that calls for hamburger, lettuce, red kidney beans, tomatoes, cheese and crushed Doritoes. I should have moved on as soon as I saw the crushed Doritoes but I had to print it out and buy the ingredients. I remember eating this years ago at a summer party and it was sooooooo good! I am skipping making margaritas though and sticking to beer and wine. Anybody tried the Bud Lite Lime yet? Love that stuff. Hope that everyone has an excellent weekend ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #8  

Hi Christina! We were posting at the same time. What wonderful news to hear about Dominic. I'm so happy for your family.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #9  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

hey there everyone, new here, I posted last weekend but it's been pretty crazy since then. I just got back into town and am still getting adjusted to being home, DH has been taking every spare minute to finish up the greenhouse he is making me for a mother's day gift. It is absolutely gorgeous and a work of art (he timber framed the whole thing!), but I want it done!! My little plants need somewhere warm to live

Unfortunately I haven't exercised in eons Need to get back on the "wagon", I'm off for the summer and it is soooooo much harder for me without the structure of work everyday. I think I read a couple of you are also teachers, how do you make the transition easier?

Mc - I totally understand about the littles making it hard to exercise, mine are about 3 and 1 1/2 I do a Pilates video when it is too hard to get out with out them for a run. The pilates makes me feel more toned and I notice a huge difference when I have been doing it. I have 2 DVD's, one for "tummies" and one general. I usually do a 20 min. cardio then either a 10 min. arms or stomach routine. I like that I can pick how long I am going to do it for and that I can squeeze it in if the kids happen to nap at the same time.

LO's sad, gotta run, happy friday everyone!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Smile

Toni- Thanks for the encouragement...I will try out the Pilates/Yoga DVD after the kiddos are in bed. I am a teacher and yes, summer is so hard! I basically still try to prepare everything the night before and stick to it. I also try to keep very busy...cleaning, walking, kid stuff. I keep Nate (3 in july) and Allicen (3 mo.) in daycare part time so that I can focus, attend a WW meeting and have some down time for myself. One of the things I do during summer when I have some extra money is little rewards for a good week. I don't really do the mani/pedi thing but I can get a something new for myself like a CD or book. I wish you well...let me know what works for you! -Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm tired...did a lot today. DH and i biked about 9 miles today and it was fun. Then had to go to home depot for some stuff. Then off to my chiro apt and i feel better about it. Then went to the barn and rode...ended up going on a trail ride with a friend. It was fun. Then after dinner we did our errands. I'm exhausted....oh yeah...also had laundry to do. now its 9.30 and i'm ready for bed. Uggh i still have stuff i didn't get done but that's ok.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #12  

Almost time to turn in. The meal turned out great and even though I didn't overeat, everything on the menu was BAD. DH's aunt brought an Oberweis German Chocolate cake for dessert. I didn't even look at the fat content (!) as I cut up pieces. I ate more rich food tonight than I've eaten in a while and I feel bloated ~ not a good feeling. Tomorrow I plan on walking the entire time while DD is at her riding lesson. I am determined to get the weight off this time around. Have a great weekend all ~ Joan