Old 05-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Weekend Chat May 17th & 18th

GOOD MORNING CHICKSTERS!!!

HOpe everyone got a good night's sleep...I went to bed at 9:30 last night, woke up at 5am!!! Oh, well, I'll try to get a nap in today

Frankie seems to have bounced back today. We are supposed to go to dinner with friends tonight, the kids were supposed to sleep over a friends (with their friends) but I may just take them to MIL's...going to NY & company for a little shopping...they're having a sale & I have a coupon

Trish, you are so funny!!! I love reading your posts. It's so nice to hear someone tell it like it is...very refreshing, and I want you to know, it's very much appreciated!!! Hope Barney is improving...btw...I think that name has stuck.

Karen...hope you & the hubby have a great time tonight!!! Do you know what movie you'll be seeing??

Buhrens, welcome back. So glad your pup is okay. Afreind of mine had a puppy for four dies, then had to put him to sleep, they were devastated...So thankful he's all better, and the name is too cute!!

GG..hey girl!! HOpe you have a good weekend!!

Lauren, Alicia, Steph, Joan (how was the party last night??), Fergi, Hanna, Lisa, and everyone that's slipping my mind...hope you are all well!!!

Well, off to have some breakfast...hope everyone has a super day!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...well i don't normally weigh myself more than once a week but today i decided to peek. I weighed 161 this am. I'm 2 lbs away from my halfway mark. Now i'm not making it official (changing my tracker) until my official weight day...but yeah!!!!! i was also good and got up and walked the dog for 30 min. She appreciated that.

have to work all weekend, but tonight i'm meeting my friend tonight for dinner. She's the one i told that i called out a vet for my horse and ended up being my vet school classmate. So it should be nice meeting new/old friends.

Alright all..i'm off to get ready for work!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Well I'm a grouchy one I think it must be pms. I was okay for most of the day yesterday and then when I got home from praise team practice I was just ticked off. No reason, just ticked, spent my whole night that way, woke up that way. And of course, DH seems to really being trying to start an argument, could just be my perception but I don't think so. If he's not careful he will be visiting the hospital today. Haven't got a lot of regular exercise in this week, mostly yard work so that makes me feel icky. This weekend is just gonna be crazy and next weekend is graduation so this next week is soooo important for me to maintain a positive frame of mind, or I'll be eating everything in sight.

Lauren, I only had 35 miles this week, no excuses, just not managing my time well. Hope all is well with the pup.

GG, can you send me some of your motivation, I seem to have misplaced mine. Hope your visit with the vet pal is fun, Its important to have those gal friends to chill with sometimes.

Alright, so I'm gonna get off here and go walk my two hairy beasts, and pull some weeds. Later I have to go shopping for an outfit for graduation. I Hate Shopping!!!! Makes me want to throw myself in front of a bus. Later, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Chickies...

Pam ~ you sure do sound chipper for getting up at the crack of dawn! Have fun tonight. Hope that you find a cute outfit too!

GG ~ WTG!!! Keep up the good work Girlie! Have fun tonight with your new/old friend. Are the hubby's joining you or will it be girls only?

Trish ~ you are too much LOL. That hubby of yours better stay clear. Hang in there and take things one moment at a time. I know that it's easier said than done but try and really *enjoy* the graduation and the time leading up to it. My sisters have these huge celebrations and by the time that the actual event comes around, they're too tired and worn out to enjoy it.

The party turned out to be fun. I'm really glad that we did go. I went shopping with my little one yesterday and she says, "ooooohhhh Mama, let's buy you a sparkly dress for the party!" Not that kind of party dearie LOL. I bought some new clothes and was fitting into sizes that I haven't seen in a long time. Even though the scale hasn't been moving, it seems the exercise is making a difference. We used a brand new babysitter last night for the kids and she worked out GREAT. I'm so thrilled to have a good babysitter that lives right around the corner. The kids loved her (probably because she played Wii all night with them). Now I'm off to take DD to riding lessons and I'll be listening to tunes and walking around the horse farm during her lesson. Hope that everyone has a great weekend. The weather is soooo pretty here ~ no rain! Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

This day is going to be a total bust, diet wise! Yes, I'm admitting it now. I made brownies after I cleaned the kitchen this AM. To bring to work though. And DH & I are taking MIL to Cheesecake Factory for dinner tonight, for Mother's Day.

I just realized I never posted last week's miles. Sorry. I will post them all after church, before Barkfast tomorrow.

Did I mention that Eli is in the finals for Barkfest? It's a festival sponsored by a local shelter and radio station that DH listens to. So the radio station is having a mascot contest and DH entered Eli. He got an email saying Eli made it into the finals!! Funny thing though, a guy I work with also entered his dog and he's in the finals too. He's a big red husky, we saw them in PetSmart the other day and he's gorgeous...and soo sweet. Of course Eli just wanted to play.

WTG on the exercise and smaller clothes Joan!! Have fun at the farm!

Trish, Did you give the family the PMS warning?! I used to warn DH all the time! Since I've been on the Yaz pills, what a difference! Anyone that is on the pill, I highly recommend this on. Really, really light periods, really short periods, and almost no PMS! And it's really helped with the monthly acne!

GG, Ooooo, you're soo close!!! Congrats!!! And speaking of vet appts. You're right, Banfield is really pushy with the money making! Thursday night Eli went for his Rabies vaccine and I think the final Distemper. The girl was pushing the ear cleaner...because he had "a little bit of gunk", and to prevent ear infections. OK, he's a lab. I don't recall them being *prone* to ear infections. Eli's ear are pretty spotless, aside from regular gunk. I don't need to pay $20 for ear cleaner they want me to use twice a week!! Your take?

Pam, Glad Frankie is better...need to go read what the problem was.

Burhenns, Welcome back, glad the puppy is OK! My old dog had kennel cough when I adopted her. She was pretty sick, but not enough that she needed to be hospitalized or anything. Remind us, what kind of pup did you get?

Off to read some more before DH comes in yelling at me for being on the computer.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone!

I just got home today from the job. It's not bad, but man its so boring and I was *SO* homesick! On a positive note, Spencer loves the afterschool program, DH thinks he has a crush on his Teacher (a girl from the highschool) I get home and Spencer is throwing up, sounds like its going around. I tried to catch up on this weeks post but I just skimmed it over.

Pam, hope you have a nice time tonight with friends, glad Frankie bounced back quickly this time.

GG, yippee for you! Enjoy your time with friends!

Trish, you've been busy this week, give yourself a break!

Joan, are you liking WW? Did I read that you're kids will be on Summer vacation next week? Wow! Glad you enjoyed your party.

Chistina, did you say its 100 degrees where you're at? HOT!

Lisa, I hope you got a phone call!

Oh, my grandma is still not better. We haven't been given any real answers, its very frustrating.

I know I wanted to say more but my battery is running low so I better cut it short.

Lauren, no workout but I'm gonna try and get something in later!

Hey to everyone else, hop all are enjoying their weekend!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening alll..friends should be here shortly but just thought i'd jump on and say hi.

lauren -congrats on eli in the finals. as for the ears...labs do actually get ear infections a lot. I usually recommend owners cleaning their dog's ears once a week as prevention...but its not a necessity. A little gunk not a problem...but i do usually think it does help to minimize ear issues. And honestly each hospital is different. There are usually a few things i always recommend since i highly believe in them...such as glenhaven chews for dogs..but i also tell the owner's its a recommendation. I do think an ounce of prevention can help.

Joan- glad to hear the party went well and glad to hear the sizes are getting smaller...

alright all..i'm off..i was good all day so maybe i can enjoy some beer/alcohol tonight. Night all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!! Date night was AWESOME!! It was nice to go out by ourselves. We didn't have to take anyone to the bathroom in the middle of the movie!! We saw Ironman and it was pretty good. Not too much fighting (I hate fight scenes that go on forever and ever) and RDjr was looking pretty hot. I in no way followed plan tho. And we went out with DH's mom/aunt for Mother's Day last night so I've been bad all weekend. Guess I better get my hiney in gear!!

Alicia: Glad to hear that the job wasn't too bad. But I am sorry that the little one is sick. I hope it clears up quickly.

Joan: Glad that the party was fun. I hope you had fun during the riding lesson! I hear you on the babysitter thing. I'm so happy to have found a sitter that I'm making plans to do this monthly!! We paid her $30, provided her dinner, picked her up and took her home. Does that sound like we did enough? I was afraid of not having paid her enough but she wouldn't tell me how much she wanted. Oh, she was here for almost 4 hours, but we were here with her for 45 min to make sure the kids were OK with her.

Lauren: Good luck to Eli! What radio station is it?

Trish: Isn't that annoying to go to bed pissed and to wake up pissed!! Most of the time if I wake up pissed it's because I dreamed about DH doing something mean. (But he's really a sweetie and doesn't do mean things!! I don't want anyone to think he really does!)

GG: Congrats! You are doing an awesome job.

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Karen, WDHA - 105.5, not sure that you get it by you, it's a NJ station, actually located a couple miles from my house. I don't think the signal is as strong as most NY stations. They are a classic rock station...kind of like 104.3, I think. Glad you had a nice date night!

We had a great time last night. By the time we got to Cheesecake Factory is was about 6, and we didn't get seated until 6:35. By the time we were seated, they were telling people the wait was 50 minutes. Our wait was supposed to be 15-30 min. I had Chicken Maderia w/o the mushrooms. It was really good! DH had a burger and MIL had shrimp and angel hair. We had the Thai lettuce wraps for appetizer and they were out of this world! I was the only one that ordered dessert and coffee. I ordered Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough cheesecake. It was awesome! I only had a few bites though, and brought the rest home.

Alicia, are you doing homecare?

GG, I didn't realize that with labs ears. I know cockers and goldens get them, but didn't know labs did. Would it be sufficient to clean them with some saline and a cotton ball once a week, or is the ear cleaner stuff?

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #10  

Karen ~ $30 sounds good (we did the same amount LOL). My babysitter wouldn't tell me how much we owed her either so I just came out and said that we pay $7/hr. She's got 3 kids to watch here and that is a big responsibility. We don't go out that often but when we do I want someone that I trust and that the kids love. Our old neighbors used to joke how the favorite neighborhood babysitter was always available for us but not for them. They were joking but it was true. We paid her more LOL. And, she was worth every cent. I'm so glad that this new babysitter is good. I don't know if we'll go out once a month but at least every 2 or 3 for sure. Like you, I had so much fun!! We left our house and then stopped at a local bar to have a drink together before going to the party. It was so nice sitting out on the patio with zero interruptions.

Alicia ~ you asked about WW... it is working really well for me right now. Knock on wood... I'm motivated but flexible as I'm trying to diet w/o depriving myself completely. I ate fruit before going to the party the other night so that I wouldn't be ravenous and eat a bunch of high calorie appetizers. The WW leader kept talking about keeping two things in mind: 1) move more and 2) be more conscious about what goes into your mouth and why. That has been at the back of my mind all week long and it's really helped me make better choices. I'm not doing core or flex points this first week. I'm just trying to follow those two rules. I just hope and pray that a month, 6 months and 2 years from now I'll have lose weight and still be keeping to the rules... Hugs ~ Joan
Old 05-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #11  

Lauren ~ I've never been to Cheesecake Factory... sounds like I'm missing a good thing;-).
Old 05-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello guys. Another bad day here. I've got to get back on track with eating. We went to Cheeseburger in Paradise for dinner (we skipped lunch so it wasn't that bad) and DH ordered dessert. He hardly ever wants dessert, but today he did. We gave the kids forks too and that poor piece of cake looked like piranah had attacked it. LOL. Luckily they ate their fare share so there was less for me!

Joan: Whew, I'm glad we seem to be inline with other baby sitter parents! I was feeling really guilty that we didn't give her enough. Good luck with the WW stuff. I did well on it for a year or so. Now I'm not doing well with anything.

Lauren: You're right, I haven't heard of that station. I'm not a big radio listener anyhow, and when I do it's usually satellite radio.

Happy Sunday all!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy weekend! Not so glad it is over though as I didn't get half of what I needed to get done, done! We're going to the beach next weekend from Saturday-Wednesday and we still don't even have a cat sitter. Nor do we have the treadmill that's been sitting in our kitchen down the stairs and into the basement, ugh.

But I keep thinking, that goodness I'll be at the beach soon. Plan to do lots of exercising (more than the treadmill has seen at least) and swimming, even if the water is cold.

Happy Monday all...
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote