Old 05-14-2008, 11:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

GG I hate the dentins, I just had my teeth cleaned about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I hate it! but this time around they said my teeth looked very good, I have changed my tooth brush to one of the rotary once, that's the only thing different but I guess it does do the job! I also have a trouble tooth, they did a filling a long time ago, it was not done right, the tooth was too high then too low and later it broke off about 1 yr ago but with all the stuff happening w/Sean I didn't go to the dentist to get it checked out so now I have a decaying tooth, I know it sound just awful! I got to go and get it fixed, but I hate the dentist so much, I have not made the appointment to do it yet.

Joan great job staying out of the bakery department!!!

Stephanie and Fegi sorry about the stuff going on w/the ex'es that is horrible. to both!

Lauren does time go really fast for you being so busy? I hope so,

Trish I wish I would had waited a year for Sean before sending him to school, I think that is a great idea!

Today my day was good, I went to my friend's house to teach her to knit, we had a really nice time, then it was noon and we were hungry so we went out for lunch, we had Yummy sushi!!! I haven't had sushi in a while like 3 weeks, LOL. It was wonderful! Then the usual stuff at home and later a friend called to ask me to go to the knitting shop tonight, once a month we meet there in the evening it is called knitters anonymous group, so I went, I called dad (dfi) to ask if he could watch Sean while DH got home and he is so great! he did come, I love him so much, I am a little worried about him though, he is turning 83 and he is looking a little tired.
here is what happened at the knitting shop.
Couple week ago I sign up for the class I took on Saturday, the class was $60 everyone in the class was using the same yarn, I wanted something different, so I found a very pretty yarn to use, and of course it was more expensive than what everyone else was using. I asked the gal that teaches if the yarn I choose would be good for the class and she said it would work just fine, my gage may be a little different but didn't really matter as it was a lace and there gage is not that important. The yarn was $125. The day before the class I changed my mind about the yarn and I wanted to exchange it for a different kind. So I asked the gals a the store if they would exchange it for me, and that's what caused all this huge feud, they asked me if I had the receipt for the purchase, they know I hardly ever keep my receipts, I am not good at that :blush: and they said no I could not exchange it w/out the out, they knew darn well I bought it for the class and how much more I had spent on it. then one of the gals said she couldn't exchange it w/out the recite because another customer wanted to x-change something else and didn't have her recite either (we both shop at the shop, we both buy a lot of yarn from them) and they had refused to do it for her. They had to treat us the same. I was not too happy about it. They just changed the policy about exchanging yarn w/recite only in the last week. Later I find out they had told her no to her cause she buys yarn when they first get it in (I do to) then she holds on to it for 6-12 months and then she doesn't want it any more. Well I don't do that, I buy yarn and lots of it, and I keep it and use it. So I take the class using my yarn I bought I couldn't x-change and the yarn is not appropriate for the project, cause of the type of yarn it is, you can't see the pattern, and I was very upset because I specifically asked them if it would work for it and they said it would. I try to return the yarn again today and they will not take it back, the reason I am so upset is, I spent over $600 in yarn last month, you would think they would do an exception, but apparently NOT, so I flat out told them they pretty much lost my business, I am going to use what I have already gotten from them, but anything else I buy I will not buy from them. I am sure they are going to rethink it and regret it. But I will not buy any more yarn from them. No way!!! I told DH the story and he was so upset I can't even tell you guys! he wanted me to return some of the stuff I have here w/recites but I really like what I have gotten so I am just going to keep it and enjoy it, but I am not buying any more yarn from them (I guess they have not gotten the memo yet, that a lot of businesses will do just about anything right now to get a sale, w/this terrible economy! or they are just invincible! ). I will get my patterns and my needles from them as I need them but that's about it, since needles last a long time, and they do have very good patterns.
there is another shop in the area, is not as close as this one, but it is close to my in-laws house. :smile:
That's the story.

Well I have to go downstairs, DH is calling me!
See you guys tomorrow!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote