Old 04-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/225

Height: 5'11"

Default Tell me what you think!

Hi Everyone! I'm new here and I'm doing this just for me. Over the past year and a half, I have gained quite a lot. Most of it is due to baby #3 and anti-depression meds, but I digress. The fact remains that it is here and I want it gone! I could lose a ton of weight, but I would be happy to get back to pre-baby weight. Reading through some of the posts, you all seem to be a very optimistic and supportive community and that's what I need. Yay!
ZooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Zoogirl, I think you have come to the right place! Jump right in!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hello and welcome.

I am here too after gaining a lot as of recent too. Our weight, goal, and height are the same. I dont have my weight posted now, but i am about the same as you. I cant post my weight until i lose some or i get discourged when i see my ticker so FAR away from a goal, ha ha. Funny the mind games i play with myself...anyway. So tell us a little bit about yourself. What is your game plan for getting the weight off? What exercises do you prefer?

I am a calorie counter and so far so good. 3 pounds this week...woohoo. And my exercise of choice is my elliptical 3 days a week and some kind of strength training/cardio video 2-3 times a week. So far that is working for me, i will have to bump it up eventually but for now this is working.

Look forward to getting to know you and seeing you around.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #4  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

HI and welcome!
I sometimes lie to others about my eating habits...even to myself sometimes!!! But on this site I am TOTALLY honest...And that helps me a lot. I find the fitday website to be an excellent tool to help me... Make sure to have a look. Good luck!
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #5  

Yep - this board is the perfect place for that! We all have different stories, but we all are in the same boat of wanting to get healthy and lose weight!

I look forward to following your progress

Bertie
fitnfunbabe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooGirl View Post
Hi Everyone! I'm new here and I'm doing this just for me. Over the past year and a half, I have gained quite a lot. Most of it is due to baby #3 and anti-depression meds, but I digress. The fact remains that it is here and I want it gone! I could lose a ton of weight, but I would be happy to get back to pre-baby weight. Reading through some of the posts, you all seem to be a very optimistic and supportive community and that's what I need. Yay!
Welcome, ZooGirl!

I have been on, then off, then on, then off, now on again...just because of my own "stuff." You are right that this is a supportive, nice group here!!

Hope you find all the support you need. I'm happy to be back, myself.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get n healthy View Post
And my exercise of choice is my elliptical 3 days a week and some kind of strength training/cardio video 2-3 times a week. So far that is working for me, i will have to bump it up eventually but for now this is working.
Hey, had a question, Get n healthy. Is it true that you burn a lot more calories on an elliptical than on an exercise bike or treadmill? Dh & I have talked about spending a little of the economic stimulus money on some bikes for the family, and on a piece of exercise equipment.

Only thing is we can't totally agree. I've told him I've heard that the elliptical burns so many more calories, but he, I think, is worried about getting bored with the elliptical, so he thinks he would rather have a treadmill.

Just wondering what your experience has been.

Thanks!
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #8  
TIRED OF BEING TIRED

S/C/G: 224/205/150

Height: 5'3

hi..i dont talk about my weight much i joined so that i can talk to others that get me and understand how i feel...i think we found a great support system here...lots of luck.....
SEXY SOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Welcome and good luck!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

Height: 5'4

Hello Ladies, I am a newbie also. Just wanted to say hi.
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote