Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

Default 30-something thursday march 27 chat-a-rama

Howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Hi All!

Duck, You look totally different than your avatar pic! You don't look very thrilled about the weather...I don't blame you!

be back later...
hahahaha, well, wind with snow pelting me in the face kind of makes me look a little different but it is me! lol

Sushi was good, as always! Can't go wrong with sushi!!!!!

today the sun is ACTUALLY SHINING!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! I am off to do...something in the sun!

Nicci

Last edited by DaDuck; 03-27-2008 at 05:23 AM.
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #2  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hey All!

Just a quick one...running late for getting ready here this morning. Totally exhausted. Didn't sleep well @ all.

Nicci-I just tried sushi for the first time this past Fall and I really dig it. Though I prefer tempura style and that wasn't "true" sushi right? LOL I did eat salmon and some other fish on my first time, so I was proud.

GG- That style is soooooo totally YOU! Your personality is spunky and funky guuuurl and that haircut is sassy and I LOVE IT! Plus, what an awesome thing to donate the hair. You're making such a difference in someone's life! Fabulous!

Christina-No girl, you know I love you bunches! I'm behind on a LOT of emails unfortunately. I'll try to catch up later today. Oh, and that pink tank came in a set from....Sam's Club believe it or not! I don't have a membership there, but my friend Shell does and I picked that up w/her last Summer.

Pam-I think you asked about whether it's a good idea to work @ Kohl's right? LOL Yeah, I did think about that. They have a new perfume that was out the other day I want to get and I love those 75% off racks and stuff they have all the time. Plus I really like their work out pants and their bra section. Ok, basically everything! LOL

Oh, get this all-the other girl in the office just announced that she's going to burn up all of her personal time next week. Yeah, so she's taking 1/2 days the whole week. Next week is our busy phone week...so I'm going to be slammed off my arse..... for those of you that I haven't told about the phone ****-when these periods come up I average one call coming in to my desk EVERY 1.5 minutes for an entire 9 hours straight! That's on top of having to manage whatever people I have there for orientation and all my paperwork and payroll and emails and internet instructions. Blah blah blah. I'm not ready for this........

Have a good day all. I have a meeting right @ 0800 and I'm needing to leave here in an hour....not showered yet and no clothes picked out for today yet. I'm surprised I even remembered to take my thyroid meds this morning....but I definitely need my inhaler.....gotta run....

P.S. Where are Karen K, Vicki, Lisa, BJ and The Roominator?

MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...thanks everyone for the compliments on the hair...i definately love it and it does look good.

Mj- hang in there girl...sorry you have to go at the phones alone...but hang in there.

daduck= glad to hear the sun is shining....and i'm with you...sushi is always a good date.

Alright all..i'm off to work..hope everyone is well. Talk to you laters!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! It sure is tough to get back into my workout routine now that I'm back from vacation. To top it off, I'm just so tired. Yesterday my dd was sick, hubby's working nights and for some reason I just can't catch up. I think I'll go hit a workout in a few minutes to snap me awake.

Hope you all have a great day!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:34 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!

Nicci...hope you are enjoying the sun!!

MO...have a good day a work. HOpe the phones don't KILL you next week. I LOVE the Kohl's clearance racks. I got the shirt I wore for Cadence's b-day party (which I love) for about 4.00 off those racks...yes and I agree about the workout clothes...I just got a couple of "Tek Gear" workout tees for 5.00 each!!! And they fit so well!!

Patricia..HOpe your day goes well!!

Steph...I started belly dancing about a month ago...there's an instructor that teaches at a dance studio near here...and guess what? You don't need a lot of coordination to do it. It's all aobut muscle control, which comes with time, according to her. It's so much fun, I'm going to continue it for as long as I can.

Gotta go get Cadence dressed for school. I feel like I've been nonstop running for the past two weeks. Will try to get on later as Cady is going to her friend's after school, so maybe I'll have some time to myself.

Have a great day all!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #6  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello again all,

Sorry I have been gone so long. I enjoyed Spring Break at mom's last week and then have been playing catch up at home this week. I actually lost a pound and a half while I was at home. I really tried to watch what I ate while I was there because I knew I wouldn't be able to work out like I do at home. I did get to work out a couple days on the recumbent bike.

The kids and I are back in school and back to the same grind. I had been having a problem with a program requirement for my graduation. My major requires a 144 hour internship that there was just no way that I could do. I have been a housewife since I got married 5 years ago and we had no plans of me returning to work for at least a couple years until Samantha is in school full time. I only had 2 classes left other than this requirement. I finally bit the bullet and went in and talked to the department head about it. I have to admit that I was a little scared because I had been told by others that there was no way around this requirement. I had my list of reasons all written down and thought out and just went in and presented them to him. He was actually a lot more agreeable than I thought he would be. He said I could use my military duty as my Management Internship. Because of the position I am in my unit I manage a lot of things and he said that this would cover it. So all I have to do is 144 hours of what I have been and maybe add a little to it and I will have that done. I can do that easily because I do a lot from my home during the month and I can count all that towards my 144 hours.

Well now that I am back home I am back to my treadmill. I can definately tell I wasn't on it last week. I lost a little bit of my stamina. Husband went to work early this morning but hopefully he won't come home early this afternoon and mess with my workout time. I know that sounds terrible but when he is home he just completely throws off my schedule.

Hope you ladies all have a good day.

Dawn
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Fighting - good to see you back. Congrats on the loss! That is great that you were able to work out the internship without having to add anything to your already busy schedule. Hope you get your workout in when you want!
Mo - sounds like you have some hectic days ahead...
Pam - hope that you get your time in for yourself this afternoon...
GG - really cute haircut!
Nicci - enjoy the sun! We didn't get the snow here that they were predicting, but it is still early in the day...
Heather - sorry to hear DD is sick.

Have a good day - another quiet one here before a nutty weekend.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone!! I've been out with a broken computer, but I think (hope!) it's fixed now. Thankfully DH is a computer guy so we were able to fix it ourselves, it just took time. Lots and Lots of time! I do not want to give up my light, easy to use laptop. DH said that I would have to get one with Vista if I got a new one and I was dreading that (not that I can AFFORD a new one right now). Anyhow, I'm back!!

I hope everyone is doing well here. I will have to try to catch up on the posts when I get a chance.

to everyone for now!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning!
MO good luck at work today!
DaDuck I LOVE Sushi! mmm..... too much, LOL
Dawn one of my very good friends is a teacher in East Los Angeles, she has to constantly work on her hours to have credits, it is incredible how much stuff she has to get done. right now she is hoping to get her job back, she was on leave of absence cause she had a baby, she didn't think she was going back to work, but she has too, and w/all the cuts in education funding she is not sure she is going to get her job back. Good luck to you!
Congratulations on the loss!!!

Delta Dawn what plans do you have for the weekend?
Karen I hate when the computer goes out, I feel lost w/out it, lol. I am glad you go it back to working! I want to get a new one too, I really want a laptop, but DH is not to enthusiastic about getting it just yet.
Pam hello! I heard that belly dancing is a great work out, specially for your abs, I have not tried it, I have been invited to go to a couple of belly dancing parties and I have not gone, I have zero coordination, when everyone is going right, I am going back, it is too embarrassing. Enjoy the time by yourself!
gg love the new do! I wish I could decide to cut my hair, I am afraid. to do it! I know it is only hair! you lood great!

I have not been around, I have just been busy, I have no clue where did time go. Yesterday I went out w/a girlfriend who I have not seen in a few months, we went out to the Cheesecake Factory, we had blast, lots of catching up. Last night I went to play Bunko and I WON!!!! I was so happy! I usually don't win anything and I had a great time.
I had to say I am pretty happy right now, Sean has gotten a little more stable than he has been, it has been very nice! for a change!
Today DH is off, well maybe, maybe not, I hope he doesn't get a call to go in, it would be very nice to spend some time w/him! and he sure can use some rest he has been working for 10 days straight.
Got to go get a cup of coffee, see you later!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Dawn, I'm right there with you. Seems like when DH is not home I can get so much done. I don't know why that is.

Today my commute was a little snowy, but seems to be clearing up. I am just so hungry today. I wonder if it's hormones. Anyway, just trying to distract myself from eating everything in site.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #11  

Hey all...

Karen..I have Vista and I hate it. I wish DH would dump & load XP on, but it may be too complicated for him.

Dawn, Great job on the loss. So glad that the school problem is working out for you as well!!

Ddawn...hey, girl I see your ticker moved again...you are doing so great!!!

Hanna...belly dancing is so much fun..you ahould give it a go!! I'm so glad to hear that Sean is doing well. Hope you & DH get to spend some time together today!!

SB...I'm really hungry lately too. Had to days of non-stop chocolate eating..and I KNOW it's hormones. Can't wait for TOM to start!!! It's always bad a few days before!!

Okay, gona go have some soup for lunch. Talk later!!

Pam
Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon everyone! How is everyone's day going? I feel I have gotten quite a bit accomplished today! I got in a good work out this morning which felt great and gave me energy! I am going to be making salmon for dinner tonight, does anyone have any fave recipes? I have always wanted to try grilling them on the cedar planks, has anyone tried that and what do you think?
Hanna, glad to hear things have been smooth with ds! I bet that makes the day a whole lot more smooth! Hope you get to spend time with dh tonight, I know that would be nice for you both!
Dawn, that is great that your schooling is going so well for you! My dh keeps mentioning to me that I should be taking classes to get a degree since I stay home with the kids, I just haven't gotten that motivation yet! I already feel like there isn't enough time in the day to get it all done, don't know how I could fit in classes and studying!
Mo, good luck with the busy phones! Just keep the thought of the bigger paycheck in the back of your mind to get ya through it!!
Nicci, I have so many friends that love sushi as well, I just haven't been able to get into it as much. I wish I could, then I would have more dinner dates with the gals! Enjoy the sunshine!!!
Hello to everyone else! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Talk to ya later
stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Gals! Afternoon to ya'...

Went to see my new little nephew last night. My youngest is 5 and when I get around a baby I can't seem to take my eyes off of them. I just love them so much. That being said, I don't want another one LOL. It's great fun to smell that new baby smell and then hand them back to their mama:-). I have been so busy lately and can't seem to get everything done in a day that I need to do. Question for all working moms ~ how in the heck do you do it??? I've been gone for the past two days and my house looks like a bomb exploded. Laundry to be done and a trip to the grocery store is desperately needed. Needless to say, my eating has been terrible. I haven't been done any cooking this week and we've been eating fast, unhealthy stuff (ordered pizza one night and then chicken & salads from the deli the next). I have a big ham bone left over from Easter and I'm making 15 bean soup this afternoon. Feels so good to get things back in order today and already feel more in control than I have in days. Time to get a trip in to the grocery store before picking up the older kids from school. Hugs to all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #14  

Joan...funny you ask about working moms. I foundI got a lot more done when I was working. I think I just crammed more stuff in to less time, KWIM? Also, when no one is home all day, the house stays clean. When Cadence & I are home, we are making messes, playing, etc, so I think it makes more work. Or maybe that's just messy ol' me?? Glad you had fun with your nephew. I love babies too, just not enough to raise another one, haha!!

Making spaghetti for dinner...not even really that hungry...I just ate a bunch of peanuts and I don't even know why I did...so dumb!!

Gonna get to work crocheting a baby blanket (the only thing I know how to crochet!!) for a friend's shower next month. That's how I'll spend my night...nice & relaxing.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!!!

Pam
Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Shey, if you lived by me, I would invite you for a newbies to sushi night out! I have never tried it, but two of my closest friends love it, as do their friends and children! So, I really need to try it. I don't like trying new food things, but hopefully that will change once I am have gone longer with not eating bad foods for me.

I am learning all sorts of little things about myself as I am eating better and working out. One funny thing that I noticed had to do with my son. I was too lazy before (gosh, that is hard to admit) and I would always ask him to run to the basement or upstairs to fetch something to not have to go up and down the stairs myself. I don't do that anymore, and should have never gotten into such a lazy mode. Well, somehow, he has picked up on me not asking him to "grab this or that". Now, the last few days, he is asking me to get him anything and everything he needs, including a glass of water.

So, I need to indirectly let him know that just cuz mom is moving more, and no longer a lazy lump, he has to continue to be self-sufficient.

Things are going great and I am feeling energized, but I am not noticing the scale move. That is disappointing and I am eating so much less and working out, so I don't understand.

I think that perhaps a program would be good for me, but not sure which direction to head with that.

I got an added boost of motivation, as a friend of ours got married in Mexico and is having his reception at the end of May. He hangs with 20 somethings that are hotties, and I am looking forward to attending the reception and not feeling inferior.

Funny, pmasci, I stay at home, but babysit as well, and the house is much worse than when I worked outside the home. We make messes all day, and there are so many things to clean up when the kids go home.

But moms working outside the home don't have spare time during their day to fold a load, or dust as I do. Maybe a case of the grass is always greener!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote