Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 01:57 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Feb 24TH!!!!!!!

Good Evening!!!!

Lyssa--Thanks so much for the info!!!Can I come to U for support??????If I ever yelled at my dad like she does, I would have been punished for life!!!!!They say that U start liking them again when they reach 13....Life is hard as a Step Parent, esp if U have never been a parent before..She "remembers" alot of things about her mom and throws them up at me, forgetting she was alot younger when her mom was alive..(Like mom always let me do what I wanted..well at 6y/o, U want to do different things than U do at 10!!!!!)

Rex Smith....I have not even thought about that name in years!!!Leave it to Lauren to remind us of our ages!!!!!!!

Lauren--U dont actually think I would bottle myself????No way, that is the best $25 I ever spent to let someone else do it!!!!!!I use to pay alot more but found a little place down the road that DH goes to and it is the same stuff done cheaper...A haircut is $15 and I was paying $38!!!!!

Have a great one!!!Off to get the little one out the house!!!She is rearranging everything!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 02-24-2002 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:22 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

OK, let's get one thing straight...it's Leif Garrett, not Garrettson...miss Lyssa!! And yeah, he was up there with Rex, et al... How can you girls be 30 something and not know Rex?!?! Do you not remember "You Take My Breath Away", or "Goodbye to You"?? Ahh...I just did a search for Rex Smith and found a link where I could hear the music and man, it just brought me right back to like, 8th grade!! Actually, that was 1979, so I was 11 y/o, and in 6th grade!!

Vicki- WOW!! $25. for a hair color...I wish!! I pay $65 for a cut and color!! And when I get it highlighted, it's more...and supposedly that's cheap!! I pay $25. for a regular wash, cut and blowdry. Glad I could help bring attention to our ages!!

Well, I've been a lazy bum all day, been watching TV and reading the paper w/DH all day!! Now it's 3:30 and I really need to get going and do something!! Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 02-24-2002, 08:22 PM   #3  

Hi!

Ok Lauren I can not figure out who Rex is either. I am racking the brain here.

Vick, What a great deal you get on your hair. I have been going to the same person for about 12 years. It might be tempting to change for those prices though.
It can be very hard to be a step parent. I can certainly relate to how hard it is sometimes to remember that we are the adults. Count to 10 when you need to and always remember what a good job you are doing with both of them.

We had a pretty mellow weekend. We just got back from an hour walk. I am not sure who was more tired the dog or I.

I have the Sunday night blues. I really need to do something about this job situation. I just dread Mondays.

Take care all
Nanci
Old 02-24-2002, 09:42 PM   #4  
LBH

OK, girls, go refamiliarize yourselves with Rex: Rex Smith!!
Old 02-25-2002, 06:15 AM   #5  

Can anyone say UGLY?? I was not going to add this up, because it is so bad, but I decided I really should. I tried moving to the 18-23 range this week. Have been pretty good in the 20-25 range. Well, at 18-23, I should have 126 to 161 points a week. Put me back at the 20-25 range and my max should be 175. Add 10 miles, and I should STILL be under 200 points for the week.

The sad truth??? 241.5!!!! I know, it's frightning. I am actually glad I looked back over the week though. I had 4 good days. It was just the other 3....(56.5 points on a SUNDAY?)

So, New week, no guilt and move on. Trust me, you won't hear me complaining about the stats at WI!!

Elissa - LOL, clearly I was with you on having the hungry's at the end of the week. I had a whole weeks worth of points between Thursday, Saturday and Sunday alone! Lets jump back on these horses and ride into the 140's (yes, I do believe this week has me back above that 150 bar).

Lizzard - Let no one fool you - CANDY BOUGHT FOR CHARITY HAS NO POINTS. In fact, that may be WHY you lost the pound! Seriously, though, good job.

Juldiet - wow - 10 posts a pound. I will have to try to figure this out. I think my food journal will have me at a pretty high number, though. The roof sounds exciting! Good luck with the H2O.

LBH - Great job on the 12.5 miles! I am up early to go to the gym to start working off those 100 extra points I ate last week! Lets see, 1979 was 9 years old in the 4th grade. Got a dog, wasn't into boys for a nother 2 years - well, except the HARDY boys! Went to the web site and STILL can't place this Rex Smith guy. Thanks for the link though - not bad!

Nanci - Have fun meeting the dutchess! Don't those compliments feel great? Good luck with the work situation - that is the worst feeling. Maybe we can motivate each other to get moving on the job switch process?

Lyssa - Thanks for the info on scale vs scales! That makes sense. Suddenly I thought I was missing some huge part of life not knowing the correct word. You made me feel better, but then I found out about this REX SMITH guy.... Always missing something!

RR - Great about sd2! Sorry about sd1 - I am SURE you are doing great! It's an ugly age - best of luck. P.S. - if one of 'em read 10 lbs less, I would most certainly have "scales"!!!

BFB: I remember you talking once about laying under the wagon. That is the only way to describe my situation. Interesting view down here!! Hope all is moving forward - we miss you!
Old 02-25-2002, 08:17 AM   #6  

Just a quick note to Bailey...
I totally look forward to reading your posts and your "what I ate" diary. They always make me smile and help me to get over my mistakes and start over again. I did so great all week and then ate completely out of control this weekend. Why???? I still don't know. But then I came in here and read your posts and realized I'm not alone. I love it that you love your drinks!!!! I do too and I try to be good but somedays I just have to have some alcohol -- especially on the weekends!! And I love my wine too!!!!! I just wanted to say a special thanks to you. You keep me going!!!!

Last edited by lizzard_h; 02-25-2002 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:47 AM   #7  

Thanks Liz - that makes me feel good, although I shouldn't want to encourage anyone to consume 56 points in one day!

But seriously, I look forward to your posts as well. You have been a big factor in my FINALLY starting to exercise.

Did y'all feel the cold coming up from the ground? Look out the window to see the pigs flying? Yup, that's right: lazy ole not-a-morning-person Bailey got up at 5:30 and went to the gym BEFORE WORK! Until today, I thought 6:00 am only occurred if you stayed up WAY to late. I might try doing it again tomarrow to see if that hour actually exists EVERY day!

JULDIET: Another shocking scientific find here: This is my 239th post. Total weight lost? 24 lbs (well, that was before eating those 100 extra points...). Bizarre coincidence or proven weight loss tactic?? Maybe I'll post another 10 and then jump back on the scale

Last edited by BaileySG; 02-25-2002 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:55 AM   #8  

BTW Liz, It takes a LOT of alcohol to wash down a small barnyard in a few days all while pretending you are GOING to drop 2 more lbs before your trip next week. Believe me, a LOT of alcohol...
Old 02-25-2002, 12:30 PM   #9  
Phat Chick

I was thinking more along the lines of Rex Harrison
Old 02-25-2002, 12:37 PM   #10  
LBH

LOL, sorry hon, I wasn't going that far back!!
Old 02-25-2002, 04:12 PM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

OK, I feel like a big, fat, bloated, cow!!! My scale says I gained 3.5 lbs. this week!! Now, I know I was bad, but not 3.5 lbs. bad!! I have felt bloated all day, like PMSy bloated, and i shouldn't be...I don't wanna see that freaking hag til at least Sunday!! I guess I should be happy that I haven't been spotting for 5 days!!
Old 02-25-2002, 04:12 PM   #12  

So there was a Rex Harrison? Right? Because that is what I kept thinking, and I think he is the reason I can't keep Leif Garret's name straight. Duh, I just looked him up on Google.com, and he is the classic actor. Well, I always say gain a baby, loose your mind, and I did that 4 times over - not much of my brain left anymore (maybe I am just kidding myself to think it was ever there).

Well, I don't remember Rex Smith, I never heard his music before, and neither has dh who can be like a music encyclopedia sometimes. Sorry, Lauren, but I missed out on him. Andy Gibb was my teen idol!!!

Well, I went crazy yesterday and got a large portion of my livingroom cleaned up. I even put my futon out by the street for someone else to clean up. I didn't really want to clean up where the dog peed on it, and dh has been after me for years to get rid of it so I put a sign on it saying "Free, Needs Cleaning". Well, I guess someone wanted to mess with it because it is gone now. I am glad, because it is nice to be able to walk around my livingroom again. Now I have to get rid of this darn treadmill. I am not going to use in, and neither is dh. He is going to see if anyone at work wants it. I just want it out.

The scales are moving downward again. Another .5 pound since yesterday. YEAH. This is the longest I have stuck with a diet in 6 years. And I intend to stick with if for the rest of my life. I have realized that if I ever stop "dieting" again, I will end up where I am now, and I don't want to ever do it again. I may be under 200, but I am short, and I wear the same size as a friend of mine who is over 200. Not a pretty site. Well, that will all be in the past very soon!!!

RR - I would be glad to give you support anytime you need it, and that goes for anyone else, too. Parenting is a hard job, no matter what role you play in a child's life, and no matter how many children you have. If anyone tells you different, they either don't have kids, or they aren't aware of what is happening in their own home.

Just a side note. The reason we had the last 2 kids was because we went to a church where many of the young mothers believed you should have as many children as God wants you to have. They followed a parenting method that they claimed made having more children easier. We bought it hook line and sinker. The program worked great with our older two, so we figured it really worked. We soon found out with #3 that it wasn't a magic program, but that our first two just fit into that method for a time. Not #3. Born red headed, and proves the old myth of red headed temper to be fact. I think we caused more harm than good with her. But before we realized that the program was not working, #4 was on his way when #3 was 3mos. old. The funniest part is that 2 of the ladies who were so convinced that you should have a large family quit at 4 too. I do believe God give grace to some to have large families, but I also know that I am not one of those people.
Old 02-25-2002, 05:01 PM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
The funniest thing today..the weather was soo beautiful that I couldnt bear the club, so I came home, got on shorts and my radio and headed down the street..THe school crossing guard caught my attention and when I turned around, I had 5 cats in a line running down the sidewalk to keep up..NEedless to say, after running back home, giving out treats and then running fast to move out of their view, I was able to excercise..It is suppose to go down to 18 degrees on Wed after being 75 today...

Lyssa--your house hold makes me tired!!!!!Wow...I couldnt even imagine having kids until whenever!!!I just want 1!!!I am with U on the short issue..Being 5'1 is definately no room to expand!!!

Lauren--I think that is definately PMS.....I am ready for the old hag soo I can have 2 AF under the belt and 1 more to go!!! THe first one was weird, soo I have noo clue when the next one will be and what to expect...DOnt let that discourage U and keep doing like U R doing!!!!

BFB--U R too funny..U always make me giggle with the post or the pics!!!!

Bailey--I thought something weird hit my windshield today..Now that I know pigs flew, that explains it!!!!

Well, have to put the old Durango in the shop to get the dent repaired..I know it has been since Dec...but I sort of forgot about it!!!!!
RR
Old 02-25-2002, 05:09 PM   #14  

LBH - You have me thinking!!! I have been looking for the web sites for my old heart throbs when I remembered my firs crush at age three onDavid Cassidy (click on the link, it is a cool site). I thought the Partridge Family was everything!! I even had a poster of him in my room at that young age. Someone should have gotten a clue that 3 y/o's shouldn't be boy crazy, but I was, and David Cassidy was the cutest at that time!!!
Old 02-25-2002, 05:19 PM   #15  

OK - my job is making me want to cry (it's really not that bad, I'm just not into it at all) and the same orange has been staring me in the facr for the past 6 1/2 hours! Well, at least I am not eating anything else while I try to talk myself into a nice yummy orange.

Anyhow, despite my crankiness I had to stop to say

Lauren: So sorry! Don't get discouraged. It could be PMS. It also could be because of the exercise. I know that sounds weird - but it is true. When you first start exercising your muscles kind of freak out and start retaining H2O. I would have to do some research to figure out exactly how much and for how long, etc. However, what that really means is that your gain is good!! You are being so good to your body. It will just take it a little while to adjust to its new "lifestyle" and that extra water weight will go along with MORE lbs! Keep it up. You rock.

Gotta go run clean some windshields while I moon over david cassidy - Dreamy! (To coin a marsha phrase)
Closed Thread