Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Thurs March 14th

Morning all...just a quick hi. Tired and don't want to go to work. Need more coffee. Hope everyone has a great day!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!

Today I have a few errands..a friend of mine found "the best" jeans at Kohl's, so I wanna go check them out. Also have to return a few workout tops to Walmart..found cheaper, nicer ones at Kohl's...that and Target are my fave stores...plus Kohl's is running a % off sale til Tues, so I'll save a few more bucks. Aslo have to run to the Travel agency to give them my credit card, because WE BOOKED THE TRIP!!!! WOO HOO!! I can't wait...8 months and counting...

Anyway, other than that it's laundry and hanging with Cadence. Not much planned for the weekend, which is nice. Taking the kids to an egg hunt if it doesn't rain.

Okay, so hope everyone has a super duper day...I'll check back later!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning! Happy Friday everyone!!! Haven't been able to check in the past couple days. Been so busy around here! But, good news!! I am down a total of 12 pounds now!!! WOOHOO! Lost a total of 6" too! just 20 more pounds to go in 3 months! Hopefully I can do it. My mother is getting married in June and wants us girls to wear either a strapless, spaghetti strapped or halter type dress... All I know is there's no way I would wear a dress like that now! Got lots of work to do!
GG, I was starting off sluggish this morning too, but reminded myself it is Friday!!
Pam, my dh and I just booked our trip this week also! We are going to Roatan Bay, Honduras for our anniversary in July. I am so excited! This will be our first vacation without kids since we got married 10 years ago! We have an egg hunt at the park tomorrow we were planning on taking the kiddos as well. Should be a busy fun weekend!
My brother and his family are scheduled to come in tomorrow evening, so it will be a busy week! Kids are on spring break! Weill check in when I can!
Everyone have a wonderful day!
Stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #4  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone Happy Friday that is all I can say about that issue

I start vacation @ 5:00 thankgoodness.

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #5  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi All!

Nothing new to report. Drinking my water today (spiked w/a little sparkling grape water and lite cranberry juice) and trying not to mindless munch. Nothing yet on the 2nd job front and I've applied or inquired now to about 35 places. Remaining frustrated. No plans for the weekend-no money. Soooo....I guess I will finally get some cleaning done. Thinking about cancelling my gym membership to save myself $40 per month since I don't get out there much anyway.

Sorry to be so gloomy.

Have a happy weekend. MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin ladies!

Sheila, is next week spring break for you? Are you going to Disney Land?

Pam and Stephanie I'm excited for the both of you!

Hey Mo, GG and everyone else!

I had my interview yesterday. I think I'll keep looking, doesn't seem to promising

I cleaned out DS's drawers the other day. He keeps telling me he needs new clothes. Well after I digged through everything most of it was bagged up for goodwill. He was still wearing some size 6's. Well he's really grown from last summer and I don't think he'll fit them anymore. Not sure what size will fit him though. 8 will fit his waist but will look like capris, lol. Size 10 will fall off and I can't find a size 9.

Anyways, not much going on here. I haven't gotten a workout in for 2 days. Gonna try today, after I clean. Wish I would of cleaned earlier this week, not fun to do on a Friday!

Okay ladies, hava a great rest of the day. Talk to everyone later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #7  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello ladies,

It has been a long week but it is finally Spring Break here. Yeah... DD has a playmate coming soon so I will have make it quick. I finally broke my plateau and went down another pound. I increased my workout by a mile and my intensity and it worked. Son starts spring break when he gets done with school today. I go home to visit my parents on Sunday for the week. Hopefully it will be warm enough for me to go running outside. They don't have a treadmill but there is a park nearby with a running path. Don't want to lose momentum now. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Dawn
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

happy Friday!

I don't have time to post to each.

TGIF, I am getting ready to go out for breakfast w/the gals!!! I am looking forward to it! and then of course I am going knitting!!!

It has been crazy here at home, the IEP went OK, better than I expected, but I was still pretty depressed, it sucks....

See you later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Alicia, I love Children's Place just for that reason, because the run big/long and have adjustable waists. I just bought the boys stuff at Christmas. I bought Peter size 8 jeans and they're huge. I have to roll them a few inches and tighten them. They border on ridiculous. But not quite. He is 47.5" tall and 49 lbs.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6

Hey all..

Lauren..there is a Children's Place Outlet about 20 mins from me...I just spent 58.00 there and got two bags FILLED with stuff for Cadence for the fall. Unfortunately, there is not much for the boys as they get older. Then again, my son tends to wear the same stuff all the time...sweats & tees, lol. I do love the adjustable waists, as they allow you to get more wear out of the clothes.

Alicia...I must have missed something, cause I didn't even realize you had an interview!! I'm so sorry!! Anyway, if you don't think it'll work, then most def. look elswhere. Good luck with the shopping. I just got Frankie some size 4 dress shoes cause his 3s (that are only from Thanksgiving/Christmas) don't fit...told him to stop growing, it's getting expensive

Stephanie..Honduras, huh?? sounds excellent. we will be celebrating our 10th as well...isn't it great? Once you know someone will take the kids, then it's a race to book the trip, right?? Oh, and congrats on the loss!!! So happy for you!!

Hanna, hope you enjoy your day today. Let us know what they said at the IEP!

Sheila, hey girl, hope your vaca is good. Did you speak to DS the other day??

Mo, Hi honey!! Man, I'm sure it's frustrating waiting to hear about a job!! Hope something somes through soon!! Have fun cleaning this weekend (ugh).

Fighting..way to go girl! You're working so hard...good for you!!

Just picked up my intinerary and a few other errands...Cadence was so good I took her to McD's...AND I DIDN'T GET A THING!!! came home & had salad w/chicken..so proud of myself, as I LOVE McD's!!

ALright, AMC is coming on & I have some towels to fold...talk later!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #11  

I PRAISE ALL OF YOU STAY AT HOME MOMS!

little mario has pink eye...so i stayed home with him today..oh my gosh..how do you ladies get on the computer???...its 5pm here now and this is my first chance to do anything...we have been playing, sleeping, showering...everything..you name it...he isnt even like this on the weekend..lots of busyness today...it was fun but i am so addicted to the computer especially in the morning..i was having withdrawls!!

slow today on here...its friday!!!...yeah...dominic is coming home for the weekend...i have to get him from work at 9...so not sure what we will do...i have to work for a few hours tomorrow to get some things done that should have been taken care of today..but other than that i think its going to rain..so they say..well enough about me

gg: hope you had a great day at work

pam: your vaca sounds so fun...hubby deserves a big hug for that one!..did you find "the best jeans"?...what brand are they?

stephanie: have fun with your brother and his family...and have a wonderful weekend

sheila: enjoy your vaca...how long is it for?

my mo: good job drinking that water...take that $40 a month and buy a couple workout videos...then you can get some exercise in the comfort of your own home!

alicia: I agree with lauren...try childrens place..they have great prices too...and always stuff on sale...also try gap or old navy both of those brands have the adjustable waist bands as well...im sorry your interview doesnt seem promising..is it because you dont think you want it or did you get the feeling it just wasnt going to work out?...i hope something comes your way real soon!

dawn: congrats on breaking that plateau!...spring break already?...i dont know when it is out here but not now...i think it starts the monday after easter...something like that..have fun at your parents house!

hanna: hope you had fun at breakfast with the girls!...i love going out with just the girls!...how close are you to L.A.?...we are going down there in a few weeks for my neices birthday

hi lauren: how is the temp job going (i think its temp and i think you are still there)...have a great weekend

well all...i think i need to go find my little guy..things are a little tooo quite if you know what i mean..have a great weekend everyone
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

stephanie -well friday means nothing to me when i have to work tomorrow LOL. I've heard Roatan is neat...I've been to honduras a few times but never made ti to roatan..but from what i heard...a great place. And most everyone speaks english there (unlike the rest of honduras)...and truthfully, the rest of honduras is very depressing, too many people and people living in bad conditions (i went there twice wehn i was in the military).

hang in there mo -h opefully a job is right around the corner.

as for me ...work sort of sucked...mostly due to crazy clients. But i did at least email my field director and told her pretty much i was starting to go insane with all the stuff and that i needed help, I need to have an office manager. She said she would get on it. Maybe that would help...but we'll see. I'm worn out and starting to burn out quickly. So pretty much I've told her if i continue at this pace...i will burn out and have to find a new job. I think the threat of me leaving is a push for the company to help me out. Hopefully i'll get something out of this Hope everyone is well. I'm off to relax and go to bed soon...i need rest before working tomorrow.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #13  
Alicia

Evening everyone!

Lauren, how old is Peter, 5? That seems tall!

Pam, you an AMC fan? Don't watch it anymore, but growing up that was my grandma's "story". I make sure never to call between 1-2. My DS would wear the same outfit all week if I would let him!

Christina, enjoy your weekend with Dominic. Is he liking his job? As for the interview I went on, they don't have anyone needing care but are going to keep me on file. It's not secure work anyways. Being that if the person you care for goes into the hospital or nursing home, etc, then you don't have a job.

GG, hope they realize what a great Doc you are and figure something out to help you!

Funny everyone mentioned the Childrens Place, my SIL mentioned it to me also. I always thought it was for little ones. Will def check it out! I also love the adjustable waists.

I opened a can of Progresso chicken noodle, BLECH! You know I love my soup but how gross! So much better homemade!

Well DH is out tonight, lucky him. I'm waiting till 1030 to go pick Kayla up from the skating rink. Trying to stay awake. Hope I can make it till then, I'm super tired.

Hope everyone has a Super weekend!
Alicia

Last edited by lois lane; 03-14-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #14  
Alicia

Hanna, I forgot, did you do the detox? Or is that next week? Hope you had a good day!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Spring Break started today and I'm wiped out tonight. We went to the park and then the kids played outside this afternoon ~ gorgeous weather. Seems like every time that I turned around someone was asking/needing something. It was a good day though and I just hope that this good weather continues. Doubtful since I think that rain is coming our way.

Alicia ~ someone told me that Target is now selling expandable waists? I haven't checked it out yet so I'm not sure if it's true. I order all of Liam's jeans from LL Bean. They have the best jeans and he gives them one heck of a workout. He now wearing a size 11 but the tabs are cinched in for his skinny little waist.

Hugs to everyone. Sorry this note is so short but I am so sleepy tonight... I made the mistake of telling the kids that they could stay up until 10:00 tonight and now I'm regretting it. I want to go to bed but they're still bright eyed and busy tailed...
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote