Old 03-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #16  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Kerry glad to see you back I was wondering where you have been?
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Went to my eye exam and I have 20/20 vision. I didn't have 20/20 vision with my glasses/contacts! Amazing...

Kerry ~ it's good to have you back. Hope that you're doing ok.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys!

I am back from the playdate - Tai and another little boy fought over some toys, but overall it was nice to get out and talk to some adults!

Joan - glad to hear the surgery went well. I have loved being able to go swimming and stuff and being able to see at the pool!
Lauren - how is the temp thing going this week?
Kerry - welcome back...
Srappin - good to see you back.
Alicia - I have sign off on some paperwork for Moms Club Int'l - mostly it is a release form for liability and dues...have fun with the tax stuff.
Heather - have a great vacation! Warm sounds great...
Christina - I am looking into a group of moms that get together - the one you have at works sounds like fun.
Sheila - hope things get better today for you...thinking of you.

Talk to you later. I need to get some other stuff done while DS is napping! Maybe a workout???
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hello!
Just a quick hello to everyone!
I am off and running to the IEP meeting, I am nervous reck, that's why I have not been able to be here this morning, I can't concentrate on anything. I am mess.
I hope to be better after the IEP.
Talk to you all later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all, Just a quickie to answer Joan's question from Monday.
My daughter says that sometimes she feels like she still needs her mdicine, but is reluctant to go back on it since she has been off of it since 6th grade. Seems like my grand son may have escaped her curse. He sleeps fine and hardly cries.

I don't think people outgrow true ADD. I believe that what some folks are diagnosed with as Bi-polar syndrome in adulthood is really latent ADD. Look at the symptoms. They are almost identical. Since we become different people after reaching Sexual Maturity, some add symptoms may re manifest themselves as new symptoms- therfore making it seem like a different disease.
My daughter says she can tell how she is behaving by other peoples' reactions to her. If they are getting frustrated with her or snappy ,that is her cue to back up and do a little relaxation therapy, and meditate for a few minutes. Re-focus and de-stress. She says her son helps alot to keep her mind busy.

Hope that was what you were looking for.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #21  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Kerry, good to see ya back!

Scrappinrn, good to see you back too! My kiddos are the same age as yours.

Joan, that's wonderful about your eyes, wasn't this a birthday present?

Hanna, take it easy, hope it goes well for you...how was the facial/massage?

Lauren, not living on a farm. I'm not exactly sure about the exemption. When I first got there (wrong building) they told me no because I wasn't over 65 or disabled. Once I found the correct office though I did get one. Takes $1000 a year off my county taxes, whew! DH said something about it being our primary residence?

Just wanted to share a cute story. Was helping ds with homework, we were talking about these books they have to read. Not sure what they are called. Well I asked him if they were the same books he had brought home to read at his old school. He looks at me like I'm such a nut and then he tells me (with a tone of course). This is the U.S.A.! Duhhh!

Well ladies its a beauty of a day here. Day is shot for housework though. Trying to talk myself into cleaning my car, it needs it badly. Oh and I still need to go on my walk.

Talk later everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #22  

Hello everyone!

This is my first post in this forum. I'm excited to be here with the rest of you 30- somethings!

My name is Elaine and I live in AZ. I have two children, ages 6 and 3.

I went to the gym this morning and did 45 minutes on the treadmill. (Can you tell I'm proud of my accomplishment? )

Heather-- your post made me chuckle. Good luck with the in-laws. Have a great vacation!
Elaine28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #23  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Day 3 of weaning here. I'm still sad about it, but happy too. I get my body back to myself before she gets too vocal. She's a bit velcroish, but that's to be expected.

GG/Lisa: I hope y'all get some rest soon. Not having the same schedule all the time must make it difficult to adjust.

Alicia: Did you get your car cleaned out? I've been doing mine a bit at a time. It is finally ready for vacuuming.

Dangergirl: I think it's awesome that your DD can self-monitor and knows when (and what to do!) to get herself back on track.

Hanna: Hope the IEP went well.

Joan: How cool to have 20/20 vision. I thought about having Lasik, but I'm too chicken. Now I'm too old to have it done.

ScrappinRN: Enjoy your vacation with the kiddos!

Kerry: Welcome back. It's great to see you here.

DeltaDawn: Glad to hear that the playdate went well.

Jasmine: I hope things settle down soon for you.

Sheila: What a horrid thing for DS to say. I think there would have to be some serious repercussions for that statement.

Heather: Have a great trip!

Lauren: Hope the new job is going well.

Christina: Your job sounds fun!

OK, gotta go see about dinner. We are having crawfish etouffee tonight. I know, it's not exactly diet, but DH has been so good with all the weird stuff I've been trying that I decided to treat him tonight.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Danger ~ thanks so much for the info. It's good to hear how self aware your daughter is. I hope that my son will gain that with maturity. I know plenty of mature people that don't have ADHD that aren't self-aware... ;-).

Hanna ~ best of luck with the IEP. Sean sounds like he's getting more dangerous as of late. My heart goes out to you ...

Hi Dawn ~ We finally know DS's name!!! What a cool name too!

Alicia ~ it is a gorgeous day on this end. 70's and I've got all the windows open. Kids are running around in shorts and flip flops. Yep, lasik was my
40th b-day present:-).

Welcome Elaine! We love having new people join us.

Karen ~ yeah, no more leaky boobs!! Nursing is such a sweet time between mother and baby but with #3, I couldn't wait to be finished. I only nursed her for six months. What do you mean you're too old for lasik?

Parent teacher conferences tonight so I need to get everyone fed before heading to the school. I was asked to make a dessert for the teachers dinner and I made brownies covered with mint chocolate shavings. My niece gave me some hot chocolate mix from Williams Sonoma for Christmas and this stuff was too good to be used in hot chocolate! None of us drink hot cocoa so I decided to save it and spread on top of brownies. The whole can was filled with chocolate shavings, no powder present. They turned out so good. One of the teachers e-mailed me this afternoon to ask for the recipe. Those would be some pretty costly brownies if she bought a can of WS cocoa....LOL.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

joan- congrats on the 20/20. I so want surgery for my eyes. But I don't have the extra cash flow right now. as for the heel spur...i take asprin when needed and they could do cortisone injections..but honestly..i dont' want to go there. Things that help heel spurs are getting orthodics for the shoes ($$$) and loosing weight (working on that). I do find that if dh kneeds out my heel daily it "Breaks" up some of the inflammation and really makes a difference.

sheila- sorry to hear about your bad day. hope things are better and hopefully dd doesn't give you hard time since you've already dealt with dh and ds.

welcome back to all those.

Jasmine - is it just normal bloating? hope your gi gets back in tract

As for me...today was a great day. Shocker huh???? i just had a really good client day. All the clients were nice (that's a real shocker)...and I had a difficult case that was confimred by another doc..which made me feel good. Then i had a great client who has done everything i recommend (ie echo of the heart and bloodpressure check) to ensure her dog (who has a heart murmur) will do fine under anesthesia for a dental prophy. The dog did great and when she came to pick up the dog...she sang my praises and how happy she was and how much she loved me. I actaully had mutiple people appreciate me as a vet today. It helps remind me why I am a vet. So i'm happy...even despite the fact that the receptionist that was going to close was sick with strep (and still contagious) and the other recep couldn't stay..so i stayed until 9 pm doing the closing stuff. DH was shocked when i came home and told him i had a great day..he said..."but you stay until 9...how does that work". I think he liked knowing i had a good day since i've had so many runs of bad ones lately...but tomorrow is my day off so i'm ready for some rest. alright i'm off...see ya tomorrow

hope everyone is well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:15 AM   #26  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post

I CAN SEE!!! Amazing! Pam and Dawn, you two know what I'm talkin' about! I had the surgery yesterday at 12:30, got up off the table and could actually see the clock on the wall. I'm walking down the hall and telling Mike how I can see this sign and that sign and then I walked out into the sunlight and went, "ahhhhhh!" This place waits to give a sedative until after the surgery. I was a little disappointed since I was feeling anxious but now I'm so glad that they waited since I came home and immediately fell asleep. Woke up two hours later with very little light sensitivity and almost perfect vision. The actual surgery was ... weird. Thankfully, it was short and pain-free. I have to go back this morning for my follow-up exam and then I'm off to buy some new shades:-). Thanks to everyone for thinking of me and wishing me luck. You girls are the greatest! Hugs ~ Joan
I have a friend who just had eye surgery. Not the Lasik but the other one that corrects really really really bad vision(she was -7 in each eye with a really bad astigmatism). She is sooooooooo happy that she can see. It took 3 days for her to see correctly but now she has better than 20/20!

Congrats on the surgery! Get out there and buy some snazzy shades!!!!!
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote