Old 03-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

he he he he he

Yes Joan I was dancing with a co-worker but it was really nice,, I used to be a big country dancer, two step , 3 step waltzing,, and one of the guys i work with is also a very good dancer so it was nice to beable to dance all night and have fun.... and no tequilla but maybe just alittle volka!
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #17  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post
Nicci ~ so sorry to hear that the job didn't work out. I am glad though that you have some good friends that care about you and are willing to drag you out to the gym LOL. Hang in there and I will keep my fingers crossed that a new job is right around the corner. Are there not many jobs available in that area or is a language barrier thing?
Thanks for the crossing fingers. They say there are jobs available buuuuuuuuut it has a lot to do with most Swedes speak English so even if the job is completely in English, they will hire a swede over an immigrant aaaaand even simple jobs like clothing stores, require education. They have classes you must take to prove you can fold clothes. Then if you have a degree from university you can't get a job in a clothing store because you have too much education. It is a big circle of frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoan View Post
It was sooooooooo hard to get out of bed this morning. I woke up around 3:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. I figured that I'd lay in bed until 5:00ish and then get up and exercise. Sure enough right around 5:00 is when I started to get sleepy again and before I knew it, the alarm was going off at 6:00. I can't wait for Spring Break next week. Have a great day all ~ Joan
I did that too! I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep and had to get up at 5am. It was hard to get up and put in the contacts and walk to the gym.

Last edited by DaDuck; 03-10-2008 at 12:22 PM.
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!

Dadaduck I hear the frustration, how upsetting, so much red tape!!! while you do get a job, I know you hope rather sooner than later, try to enjoy Sweden.

Gold how nice you can dance and you do it! I have 2 left feet, and can't carry a tune!!!

Dawn we moms have to get really creative how to hide food in all kinds of ways, good for you!

Heather carrying 30Lbs no matter what they are I think they count!!!

Sheila sorry you were sick.

GG I hope you have another good day today.

Christina sorry about work, there are too many incompetent Dr.s out there. I hope the baby gets better soon

Julia it is great to have weekends when you do absolutely nothing! I love those weekends.

Lauren congratulations on the loss!!! every Lbs. counts

Joan I am so happy the weather is finally turning warm, I love it!

Pam I should call you the busy bee!

This weekend was weird, I wanted to do nothing and DH was suppose to be home, then he had to go to work all day Sat. Sean played pretty well all morning, I was able to relax a little bit, then one of the kids moms came to pick him up and she said they were having trouble w/their kitchen, they rent and they were trying to get a hold of the owner, she didn't want to cook and they were going out for lunch w/the 3 kids so I invited them over for dinner, nothing fancy, I just took some stakes out of the freezer and when DH came home we bbq'ed them made a rice, home made refried beens and I decided last minute to bake a cake, I have no idea what happen to my oven which is brand new (1 yrs old) didn't bake evenly oh well, we didn't need to eat it anyway.
Sunday dh was getting ready to go to work and his parter called him and he didn't have to go after all, but he did spend a great deal of time on the phone. Everything was going smoothly until DH told me last night we were all out of one of the meds for Sean, I wish he would tell me that after he gave him the last pill, not at 8 PM when my pharmacy is closed. We had to call the Dr. and get him to call another pharmacy long story, he had to go out at 10:30 PM to pick the medicine up so we had it in the morning today.
Today I am getting a facial, I can't wait, if they have a cancellation I will be able to get a massage

Have a great day every one!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #19  

joan: both midwives and doctors...our midwives are certified not licensed...meaning, certified midwives have an rn degree and a masters in nursing in addition to going to midwifery school...licensed means midwifery school...some have some rn schooling but not masters...
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #20  

hanna: i hope so to...however, she wont...she is having seizures and will be developmentally delayed...its really sad...such nice parents, and they are so supportive...i just wish they knew it might have been avoided with different choices...there is never a for sure but at least we wouldnt be wondering what if...i hope she gets to go home soon..its been over a week...so sad!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #21  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hanna, ugh, that sucks about the meds! I try really hard to remember to call the office a week or so ahead, because they have to mail the Rx, or I can pick it up. They can't call it in since it's a narcotic. A couple times I've had to beg them to stay open til a few minutes after 5 so DH can run and get the Rx. Of course it's usually on a Friday too, so I can't go all weekend with crazy boy and no meds.

Sheila, No, DH & I do not meet at home for any quickies! He goes home sometimes, but he has assigned parking. I don't usually leave, because parking here sucks. As is I have to walk almost to the end of the p-lot because I start at 9.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

mornin!
finally out of Stuckagain. Down 3 pounds. Minus the 2 pounds I gained that makes 1 pound gone!
Now if I can lose another one next week I will be convinced the rollercoaster ride is over.
Did nothing over the weekend.
Oh yeah, except find out I was overdrawn! Apparently I am not the math wizzard I thought I was.

Oh well, I'll just make more.

Yea for everyone who lost!
Yea for every one who did their exercise!

Sorry for all who are ill. I hate being sick.

And for those of you who got to sleep in...

Gotta go Chickies
Laters
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Lauren ~ there's no time like the present:-). Yes, I'm as bad Sheila (who am I kidding? NO one is as naughty as Sheila;-).

Christina ~ so sad... Was this their first child? Not that it matters, one way or another.

Hanna ~ you are the sweetest girl. I want a neighbor like YOU! Always so thoughtful and generous .... I'm in the same boat as Lauren, the medicine that Liam takes for ADHD can't be called in. I call the doctor about a week before we run out and he mails me a prescription. My old doctor wouldn't mail it and I had to drop by to pick up the prescription each month. It became a real pain in the behind.

Nicci ~ speaking of a real pain in the $#&*#... no wonder it's so hard for you to find a job. How long have you been living there? Did you meet your bf before or after moving to Sweden?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #24  

Danger ~ EXCELLENT NEWS!!! Congrats on the weight loss! Pretty soon there will be nothing left for your mountain man to hug;-). Keep up the good work Chickie.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Well so much for my facial. The gal that made the appointment didn't know the esthetician was not going to be there today, so the facial is tomorrow and I am getting a FREE massage!!! can't beat that!

Danger congratulations on the 1 Lbs!!!!

I just gave the dudes a bath, oh my G-d the little girl is such a pain in the butt to get her clean, you would think I was hurting her, she cries, like a baby :sad:

DH is on his way out the door, I have to clean the bathtub after giving the dudes a bath, I don't like cleaning bathrooms.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hannah, I'm With ya on cleaning the bathroom! I hate it so much my husband has to do it.I just conveniently forget until he gets sick of it. My little boy gets pretty dirty and I usually leave a ring in the tub whe I wash him. My husband will give it a dirty look for a few days and then raise an eye brow to me about it, but I work too, and iI do alot of other house work, So he will usually clean the bathroom. I'm the one who climbs up and down the crawl hole to do the laundry.

Joan, You have it easy girl, My daughter had to be SEEN each month to get her perscription. I wish I could have just picked up a script each month.
Luckily I am all done with that now.

Well, I ate bad for lunch. Cannadian bacon and pine apple pizza- no cheese on whole wheat--4 peices. same thing I had for dinner last night. Oh well, Am I gonna get a spankin? No, just tight pants.

Better get goin.
Later
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #27  

Danger ~ quick question regarding your daughter. Even though she's all grown, does she still have to take ADHD medicine? Just curious if some people "grow out" of ADHD. I know some adults that have it and they take medication for it, but they weren't diagnosed until they were adults.

No cheese??? How can you have pizza w/ no cheese? That's the best part (drool, drool). DH made his killer pizza yesterday evening. Man, that stuff is great. He asked if I really missed him or just his cooking. I had to answer him of course but I gotta tell you that it's a toss up;-).
Old 03-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #28  

joan: yes this was their first...i did find out that they named her "faith" and she went home this morning...so we will be doing home visits for at least a week to get mom breastfeeding because she has been pumping and still wants to try to feed...so we will still be caring for them..probably for awhile..which is good i think
Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #29  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Christina, sorry I missed that story earlier. How incredibly sad. I hope they get a miracle. Sounds like the parents have lots of Faith though, that's good. I hope she is successful BF'ing.

Joan, Peter doesn't eat the cheese on his pizza. Weird kid. Of course Robby copies him.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #30  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Joan, forgot to wish you good luck earlier. The laser eye surgery is tomorrow, right? I'm sure all will go well.

Christina, does your company do that for all clients? Sure would have been nice to have someone visit at home after giving birth. Hope that everything went okay (as well as it could have).

Hanna, how lucky are you to get a free massage. You sure do deserve it girl! Never had one myself, heard they are great!

Well, I was making dinner before practice and took out the chicken, well it was dated 3/9. I was to scared to use it. Usually it's dated at least a week. Guess I should have checked the label before I bought. Anyways, I wound up just getting carry out. Didn't have time to grocery shop for more chicken. DH got ribs. I was good this time and got a grilled chicken breast.

I finally gave up the pepsi. Only to realize I've replaced it with coffee. Was gonna try and give that up this week, until I woke up this am. What a bad idea to stop drinking coffee on the week we lose an hour. Maybe next week.

Okay, hope everyone is having a great night. Talk tomorrow!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote