Old 03-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #16  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. Hope you are all having a good day! Did the treadmill this morning, man its tough to get going but once I do I feel so much better. I find that I'm having trouble regulating my eating. Any suggestions? I work part-time, so I only have to eat at certain times when I work. The days that I'm off, I end up going so long before I eat that I'm starving!

I think that I have myself terrified to overeat, but I know that not eating enough can be just as bad because then I get extremely frustrated!!!

Any suggestions???
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon ladies. Don't have a bunch of time to read over the posts, been a busy day and I need to get dinner started soon. Just finished doing the WATP 4 fast miles. I'm doing it for 10 days in a row as part of a challenge. With all the jogging, I'm bound to see some positive results... I hope so anyway!

Someone asked me, I think it was Joan, not sure, can't remember. Yes, I love the WATP workouts. I tend to stick with the longer more intense workouts though. I have all the 3, 4 and 5 mile workouts and some of the 2 milers, but I haven't really used any of the 2 milers lately. They're a great cardio workout and adding handweights or stretchie bands really ramps up the workout.

Have a good night all. I've got dinner to cook, kid to bath, laundry to fold, dishes to wash, etc. Take care and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

Heather
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Dangergirl - boy ok boy does that sandwich sound good! Have a calorie count on that by chance?

Sheila you guys are so good at this,, you keep everyone straight! LOL no secret for me just alot of hard work. I have to get back on the weights again i have been slackin there but I am on the treadmill ALOT and I am on a 1200 calories diet so that sandwich sounds so good! Actually I eat alot just mostly the green kind you know? I am down to my last 18 pounds so its the hard rind - its always the hardest to lose i think.. BUT THANKS I am so excited to be here you guys are just the greatest!
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #19  

pflughzy - I eat every 3 hours,, make it go much better for me,, i dont make wise choices if I go too long and get too hungry.

I have bran cereal and a cup of milk in the morning
then 1/2cup of cottage cheese 3 hours later
then lunch 3 hours later
then a snack (usually fruit) 3 hours after that
then Dinner and if i am still hungry 3 hours after that more fruit

it really works for me!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:21 PM   #20  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Goldmoon: That is actually the way you are suppose to eat i hear anyways. So I see you are from Nebraska. I think North Platte down to Lincoln is so beautiful. Grand Island all that is just fun!!!! How quick was it for you to loose those pounds?
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #21  

I am about 100 miles north of Omaha and yes Nebraska has a beauty all its own! Thank you.

I started about the middle of August 2007 I did really well had lost 17 pounds by Oct - was down to about 178 by Thanksgiving then just stalled out until the middle of January. So I am starting to lose again but not anywhere as fast as the beginning.

Eating that way just makes my day go smoother you know? I have high fiber cereal in my desk if i get really starving inbetween i will take a pinch of that and it holds me off until my next snack or whatever but with only 1200 I really am careful!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #22  

Sheila! OMG i just noticed we weight the same! HOW COOL ARE WE!

wait ok i got too excited,, maybe not,,, looks like I miss looked and you have surpassed me!

Last edited by Goldm00n; 03-04-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Oops
Old 03-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #23  

Height: 5'6

MO... funny I thought exactly the same thing about the peanut butter!!! Sick women we are!!! Good luck with the job hunt, hope you get some rest tonight.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

(see the smile? I am not offended, this is a happy note)Sheila, don't get me wrong, I'm not down on myself. I beileve that in order to see your own true self, one must be prepared to laugh at that same self. I am an expert at it. It also helps me to not judge people at all. If I can look at myself and laugh it off, I can do the same for others who might otherwise get under my skin, Like that nasty little witch of a boss I used to have. I just sang her theme song in my head and remembered that somewhere, some one loved her, so I shouldn't hate her. That is what I do with myself. Lot's of people love me, so I do too. But even if they didn't... I would still love myself. I just want to FEEL better. I hurt all the time and carrying around 30 extra pounds doesn't help. But when TOM comes around! I am fat and ugly cause that is how I feel!
But my self esteem is great. If you know anything at all about me, know that I do not- DO NOT care what others think of me at all. I do not let anyone's opinion of me sway my decisions or make me feel little- also the opposite. I do not measure my self worth by other people's praise or high opinion of me. I live MY life.

Now tell me, do I have low self esteem? C'mon, I left a bad marriage and picked up my whole life and moved it 3000 miles to Alaska for a Man I barely knew just to see if it would work. Naaaah, no self esteem issues here. I'm just a whiner. I can't whine at home, it falls on deaf ears, or absent ears. No Whining alowed.

I never had girlfriends in...well, in my life. I am not a girlfriend kind of girl, so some times I think I come across wrong. So please forgive and know that I am good mentally. Socially I need help, but where I need the most help is diet and exercise. I really need some one to tell me to "just do it" re: the tread mill and "Just don't do it" re: the food.
My husband is no help. He is constantly trying to feed me, and he would rather I be spending time with him than on my treadmill or trying to hash out a healthy meal from scratch for us.
So, now I have you guys. I read your stories and feel like if you can do it with all you have going on, I can do it. Cause otherwise, my life is a breeze. Probly why I got so fat. No stress, No chores, No Kids, wonderful home. Man spoils me.
Well, Sorry I went off. Just didn't want you getting the wrong Idea about me, and don't want youse guys to worry.
Thank you though, for your concern. Makes me feel loved!
Danger
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #25  

Hey Goldmoon!, I will get you that calorie count. The recipe is at home, I will get that too.
My dog is from Nebraska. There are pics of him on page 4 or 5 of the picture page, oh he is also the little butt sticking out in my avatar!
I used to live in the corn feilds of Iowa and the hay feilds of Missouri.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #26  
sheila

dangergirl: Cool glad to hear it. You sound very strong willed and man that is awesome took me years to get that way. Hats off to ya "girlfriend". See you can just kick me in the butt when I need it!! Cool beans......
Old 03-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #27  
sheila

Mo: your picture is HOT girl when are you going to come to wyoming so I can hook you up with a cowboy, Promise no PJ stories!!

We are having chicken cordonblue tonight. The kids love that and it is cold outside. Well everyone i am hoping you all had a very prosperous day and I will catch ya later

Love ya
sheila
Old 03-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #28  

Sheila, Kudos to you on the Chicken Cordon Bleu. I won't even attempt something like that. There is, however, a CCB casserole that is to die for!
Much more up my alley- Chop it up, mix it up, throw it in, set the timer, pull it out, eat it up! one dish to clean
Have a great day every one!

Ps Sheila- it only took me one beating from a bad marriage to get that way! That was 20 years ago! I think you maybe took the better route.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:12 PM   #29  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Sheila: Guuurlllll...what are you smokin'? What picture did I post that was HOT? If I was sooo hot I wouldn't be the dateless wonder! Yeah baby...DATELESS WONDER. Work it, work it....yeah. Move it to the left, kick it to the right. Go girl, go girl. Yeah! Regardless, one of these days I'm takin' your spunky arse up on that offer! True dat.

Sorry, (Lauren cover your ears) I also have my m-page open while I'm typing and I'm jammin' to my crazy mix of music on there. Believe it or not...though I'm not a country fan...I even got a little of this on there: "Bartender asks me, says son what'll it be? I'll have a shot of that redhead yonder lookin' @ me!"

Danger: Boo, you rock the house baby! Good for you for breaking free of a bad marriage! Much love babe! I'm kind of like you in the aspect that I am more comfortable hangin' w/guys. BUT, this group of chickas is addictive fo sho (sorry, I'm listening to rap now on my playlist). I mean heck....I take off for a few months and when life sucks I'm back here immediately because everyone is just real and genuine. The fact that you are able to lay it out there makes you the perfect match!

GG: I wish your gorgeous vet self would get back here! I'm needin' ya. OH! Speaking of our resident animal expert.....Vittori is still alive and kicking...frequently trying to escape. Crazy little rodent-she's a smart little bugger. Big as a guinie pig (sp?) now. Maybe her butt gets up and feeds with mine in the middle of the night.

Pam: I'm soooo glad that wasn't lost on everyone! That was just....I still wonder if that story is even true.

Karen/Vickster: Where ru mamas @?

ROO/BJ: COME OUT OF HIDING RIGHT NOW BEFORE I HUNT YOU DOWN LIKE A COUPLE OF YUMMY CADBURY CREAM EGGS........

Heather/Gold: Yo Yo Yo & a what's shakin'?

Wow...so great. Can't see out of my left eye. This contact needs a smackdown. Think I'll dump it's grumpy butt in the trash. Yeah! How ya like me NOW!

Ok sexxxy group, gotta run for a spell. B-Back soon....have about 10 more songs to chillax with on my page.

xoxoxo Your Resident Phreak-a-deek, MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hello!

Sheila you are a crack up, my DH had to come in the room to see why I was laughing so hard! it reminded me of an email I got, read this:
http://danekworld.com/humor/wax_is_not_your_friend.html it is just too funny!

Lisa I hope the little old ladies are not running you over! are you OK?

MO those are a lot of people!
You are right where are ya ROO

Heather what a great feeling! you will loose the rest, keep working on it!!

Danger you have a lot of girlfriend over here!

sapphireheather you had a busy day! did you find out what was wrong w/roof?

Nikki I know what you mean about being afraid to overeat, specially after loosing a good amount of weight, the best thing to do is to eat little meals through out the day, and I do know eating breakfast makes a big difference.

I had a great day, met w/my girlfriend and we did go to get the beads, we found this amazing store everything Indian as an American Indian it was great, nothing I would buy for myself other than the beads, but great for gifts. Then we went out for lunch, we went for Mexican food and I ate too much.
Sheila we thread the beads on to the yarn and we knit them w/the yarn. When I finish it I will try to post a pict.
Well I am taking the little dudes for a walk before it is too late!
See you later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote