Old 02-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #16  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone,

Danger, I have boxes of baby clothes (from when the kiddos were little). DH keeps asking me,"Do we need to keep these". Ive been wanting to make a quilt out of them for each of them. Well 1.) I don't know how myself and 2.) haven't come across anyone who can. Maybe before their 21?

Lauren, weren't you supposed to have an interview? I forget when, maybe it was last FRI? BTW, I'm going out of town tomorrow, put me down for 5 miles please! Thank you.

Beachmomma, very neat about DH and the job at the gym. Did he give up on the military?

Dawn, I've found some cool decorations for my house at Ross. I turned in a job application there yesterday.

AndLy, welcome!

Well ladies, I think I'm gonna go this weekend and check in on my grandparents. Haven't seen them since before Thanksgiving and I feel very shameful. DH is gonna stay home he has some work to do overnight. Plus he said he is going to do work to the house. I'll be curious to see what's done when I get home Sun. Somehow a visit to grandparents always involves Krispy Kreme donuts. Wish me willpower. Or at least let them bring home something I don't like (jelly filled).

Have a wonderful weekend ladies. All those getting snow and ice...be safe!

Alicia

Last edited by lois lane; 02-22-2008 at 12:53 PM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hey Everybody

I've been absent most of the week, things have been hectic as usual in a house with 7 people. We're totally iced in, Josh, the oldest, was supposed to have his Senior night tonight at the last home b-ball game and its been cancelled with no makeup date possible since Sectional starts Tues, he's a little bummed, last home game of his high school life. Wish I could go back to living with that as my only source of disappoinment in life. What is Trader Joes? i keep hearing everybody talking about it and I have no clue what you're talking about. I live in rural Amish country remember, the most excitment we've had is when the Super Walmart went in last January. Now we're getting a Peebles! WhoHoooo!! What is Peebles? The kids got sent home early yesterday due to incoming ice and we got it laid on pretty thick, thankfully though a let a couple of them go home with other people before it got too nasty so I only have 3 left today, and its supposed to melt off on Sun. so i can live with that.

ChicagoJen, Welcome!

Joan, Lasik surgery huh? Hope it goes well for you. What was your prescription for your eyes, were they really bad or just a little?

Alicia, our gas bill has almost doubled since last year, YUCK! Oh Yeah, STAY AWAY FROM THE DONUTS!!!!!

Dawn, Glad you had a good trip!

MooBunny, interesting name, glad you're here!

Karen, I had to report for Jury Duty selection on Wed. am. We were there for hours and hours and hours and then they sent me home. I was starving so I ate a whole 6" sub, some chips and a choc. chip cookie and then proceeded to go home and snack and didn't get my workout in. I was a little ticked off that I let somehting like that throw me off so bad but Cest la Vie. I'm back on track and now I know if I get called to Jury Duty again, I'll take some healthy snacks along. I hope your baby is better.

TAX REFUND!!!!!! I got mine today!!!!!!!!! Show me the money BABY YEAH!

Duck, you sound like a hoot! I love it, I write a little too. I used to write alot and before my first marriage was ended I completey quit, it was like he drained me of all creativity and passion. Now, I just don't have time to do much but I'm trying little by little. I'm from So. IN too, whereabouts did you call home?

Hope everyone has a great day, I'm off to do laundry and my workout and then I have to paint Lil Sis's fingernails so she's not "bored". What 4 yr old says its "boring" at home??????????? Later, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Have a safe trip Alicia! I did have an interview Friday, but had to reschedule for Tuesday, because their PC crapped out. They pretty much talked me out of the position.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Know what we call 7" of snow up here? October. Ice... now there's trouble. I don't envy any one with ice to deal with.

Clothing quilts are fun. Just tack sew the back part of the article to a square of fabric, then do another peice to a square the same size. Do that til the quilt is the size you want. Sew all peices together into a blanket shape. you can buy backing that already has batting on it. Get a peice tha same size as your top and sew them together close to the edge. Than add some edging and tack top to back at the corners of the squares with peices of yarn. I know, I have simplified it a bit, but it's not hard.

Trader Joes... Ah how to describe it? Think back to the olden days when people were more cut off from the rest of the world. Let's say there was this guy named Joe (well, there were probably lots of guys named joe, but we're only interrested in one.) So Joe goes all over the world collecting yummies, delecacies, and things of interest. Then he comes home to good old USA and opens up his wares to the common folk. So, they get to have caviar and fine wines and cheeses and scented candles and exotic food. The end.
They also sell alot of organic and whole foods and teas from all over the world. I miss trader Joes. As cut off as we are up here, we are encouraged to "buy Alaskan", but some things cannot be substituted.
Have a great day !

Last edited by dangergirl; 02-22-2008 at 02:02 PM.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6

Trish...MY four year old says home is "boring".. a lot. Today, though, she seems to have re-discovered her Barbies, which is a great thing. She has been playing with the most of the day.

Had to shovel earlier...couldn't get the snowblower started . I was out there for about an hour. We live on a corner, so I left the loooong stretch of sidwalk on the side of the house for DH to do with the blower when he gets home. Currently it's a liight rain outside. Well, Cadence's friend was supposed to have a "hannah Montana" party tonight (funny, neither one of us knew the other was doing a Hannah party), but we are expecting ice tonight so she postponed ti til next Firday...the night before Cadence's party. I'm enlisting the help of my party-planning/decorator friend on Friday afternoon to help me get the house ready. She's awesome!!

Okay, gotta go decorate the shower cake...have to deliver it tomorrow. Have a great night, all, I will probably be back on tomorrow!!

pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
I am so sorry to hear about all of the terrible weather out there. Chicago is actually dry, and I think that may be the sun trying to peek behind the clouds. Although I am not sure I remember what sunshine looks like! Be safe out there.

I am also sending along strong will power, hoping to catch some in a boomerang. My dh's office is having a drinks and munchies thing tonight. They always have way too much food and try to send it home with people. I'm going to eat before I go, but I'm terrible about saying no to free, fattening food! Maybe I will plan to go somewhere after they get together, so taking leftovers wouldn't be an option. If only I had willpower, I wouldn't have to trick myself.
Duck-I have been painting my condo for the last few days. Don't forget to stretch your arms really well after your done painting. My arms have been shrieking with every stroke of the brush today.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend, everyone!
Chicago Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

ChicagoJen ~ be strong tonight!! Sounds like you live in a great location. Chicago is cold and windy but I do love that city!

Pam ~ two H.M. parties next week ~ those little girls will be beside themselves with excitement! Did you ever figure out a good way to cut out the guitars?

Danger ~ excellent description on Trader Joe's. You should write for their flier:-). I do love going to that place. Always fun finding something new to try.

Lauren ~ I can understand why some places charge for re-scheduling but when the weather is bad there is no reason for them doing that. Did you talk to a manager? How is the interviewing/job process looking for you? Wasn't there a job that was within minutes of your home?

Trish ~ yippee!! You got your tax refund! You asked about my vision. Not great but not horrible either. My eyes are more dry than they'd like but drops should help that. I was supposed to go yesterday afternoon for my final exam before surgery but the weather was so bad that I had to reschedule. New surgery date is set for the second week or March. Oh yeah, what is a Peebles? I have no idea either;-).

Alicia ~ have fun with your grandparents. Are you taking the kids with you?

Duck ~ you are a hoot! Your posts crack me up. Good luck breaking up the relationship with your couch:-).

Karen ~ bet that your little ones will be glad to have you back home with them soon.

Delta ~ did you get some sweet alone time with DH? I remember your saying that your mil was going to watch the little guy while the two of you went off together. Sounds like you had a great trip.

Andly ~ welcome!!!! We love having new people join in.

GG ~ how many more hours left???? Have a great 3 DAYS off!!!

Beach ~ hi there! DH working at your new gym sounds great! It sure does help when you're both able to motivate each other.

Ok, girls I need a SERIOUS kick in the rear. I was doing so good at the beginning of the week but these past few days I've been eating badddddd. Mike and Liam are at a Boy Scout deal this evening so my little girls asked if we could make pigs in a blanket. I only make those a couple times a year so they're a treat. We made up a pan and I polished off 4 without even thinking about it. They're small but evil!!! Tomorrow is a super busy day but I'm planning on getting my butt out of bed early and getting my exercise in. Fingers crossed that I actually do this since it will help set a positive tone to my whole day. Have a great evening everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #23  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Terrible weather here today!! The Courthouse was open so we had to go in. And they are still deliberating so we have to go back on Monday. I'm just tired of the whole thing.

My girlie needs me so I guess I have to go!

Hello to all of you!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #24  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Joan, yeah, that's the interview I just went on. I did end up going to get fingerprinted today. The finance lady called me back this afternoon, I left her a message in the AM. She said if I went before 5 today, I could get it done without being turned away, and not be charged. If I didn't go today, I would be charged the $14. So I went over a little before 3, DH was home. I was back in less than a 1/2 hour, because it's nearby. Turned out to be a tiny makeshift 2 room office! And the building management didn't even plow the lot! All went smoothly though. BTW, here you go:

Jen, it's too late now, hope you were strong at the munchie get together! Next time, maybe eat an apple or something else fiber-rich to fill you up a 1/2 hr. or so before you go??
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #25  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. Sounds like ice is the order of the day out there. We have our share here as well, and looking to get 3-7" of snow tonight. I am soooo ready for spring! I can't wait to get outside!!! It is so hard for me to stay motivated while I'm stuck inside. Oh well, they say patience is a virtue (but I'm pretty sure that I lost my virtue a long time ago! hehe)
Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend.
~Nikki
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:09 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all. I survived work...it was busy...but lucklly nothing majorly crazy. Glad to have the weekend off. Im so worn out and ready for the weekend. DH made me a wonderful margarita tonight. I did go to the gym right after work (before the margarita). Tomorrow, I plan to take the dog for a walk, ride the pony and then dh and i are going to a wine tasting in downtown maritta. Hope everyone is well. I'm off to relax some...night all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Pam, I am here, I just worked nine hours yesterday and was too tired to respond.

GG, enjoy your time off. I envy you with your three days.

PF, where in Ohio are you located? Kerry is in SE OH, and I am in NW OH. Glad to have you join.

to the rest. I am going to finish reading my emails and go to bed, I am whoooppped.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #28  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

Height: 5'4

I'm in NE Ohio...right near the Ohio River. In 20min I can go from OH, through WV and into PA! About 45min from Pittsburgh.
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote