Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 08:46 AM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Default Week of Feb 10!!! Happy Heart Day Week!

Hi Everyone!

I am back. I am so sorry that I have not been around. So much going on and I was feeling like such a loser! Since I could not stick to a WW plan or any plan for that matter.

But now that I have hit Rock Bottom. I weigh more than I have in YEARS! In fact I am to embarrassed to even tell you. I am in really bad health. And I am scared if I don't do something. It is going to get worse.

I hope you don't mind I started the thread. Welcome to all the newbies.

P
Old 02-10-2002, 09:31 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good MOrning!!!!!!!!!!!
Pryia--U can always start the thread!!!THe early bird gets the worm(I guess that is 2pts!!! )
I would have said: HAPPY MARDI GRAS week but yours is great too!!!!!Sending U a big hug!!!!Things will get better cuz U R stepping in the right direction!!

IT was a blast last night!!I think I got 20excercise pts just with the right arm!!!!It is miserably sore today cuz I tried to reach the farthest people away to give beads to!!

Well, off to cook breakfast for everyone!!We have friends from Mich visiting for MG!!!
Vicki
Old 02-10-2002, 11:18 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Happy Sunday!! I am pretty stiff this morning...DH & I couldn't even drag ourselves out of bed until after 9:00!! We both worked really hard yesterday to get the house in order. He and FIL put the shed up, and SIL and I organized the house. I actually feel like I can have people over now. I can't believe what a help my SIL was to me, because she's not really like that, but it was good to have an outside opinion on storage and stuff. We got all the boxes emptied and the stuff that we don't need right now is in plastic bins out in the shed.

Pryia- Glad to see you back!! Hang in there, you'll find your niche again. I don't know what your situation is right now, but maybe you can check out that place that I just started going...Curves. I think it's a reasonable price for the service, if you can swing it.

RR- Glad you had fun last night, now you have to work on the left arm!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 02-10-2002, 12:17 PM   #4  

Hi all - I've had a pretty good week point wise, except Wendesday I was 18.5 over!!! So, to have an "op week" I should only have 12 points today! Will likely try for 18 and call it done. I am not quite exercising yet, but am THINKING every day about how I might LIKE to exercise - Baby steps right?

Lyssalou: Good point - eating better to be healthy is much more important than simply losing. Maybe if we all keep this attitude, we will simply learn to eat well because it is good for us. We can then stay away from the scales and be pleasntly surprised when our pants fall off at the market . Glad to hear the scales finally made a move, hope it stuck! Best of luck with the exercise.

LBH: Hope you are back to feeling yourself. I hate those horrid days. In kind of a slump here myself. Great to hear you enjoyed curves - that is a huge step in the right direction! When do you think you might make a career change? I am thinking the same way, but it seems like such a colossal effort to even start looking for something new. I will need to get on that! As for the shakes, I have been having a slimfast a day (4 points). My favorite is the dark chocolate fudge. When I first drinking them, the aftertast bothered me. I would keep them really cold (actually freeze them and then let them thaw) and that helped. Now, I actually LIKE the taste! Haven't tried the kashi kind. (Target sells slimfast for cheaper than anyone else I have found - $4.99 for 6 and $9.99 for 12 - plus there are cupons in the paper every few months)

Rabbit - thanks for the pats colors! Been seeing A LOT of them . Glad to hear you had such a successful weekend - what is pilates? Your new thought really has me thinking - not just about weight loss, but about my whole life. I am doing fine in most areas, but really don't see why I'm not doing better. Am I afraid? Lazy? Still just too depressed? Not fun to think about, but so worth while.

RR: Hope the quality time with refman has been possible! Great to hear things went well at the Dr. I have always thought "kids" would be my choice, but this week i am leaning toward "beamer" Good for you on the program - I have been chowing down fields of green beans myself lately. Glad to hear the parade was great - you must be exhausted!

Nanci: Not to knock the pats, but if a super bowl was ever fixed, wouldn't this have been the perfect year? The PATRIOTS in their RED WHITE and BLUE coming from the bottom, entering as a TEAM and taking it all. Quite an uplifting scene for america. It truly was a great game. Congrats on the losses! Enjoy the wine tasting. By the way, I don't know if you eat pirates booty, but I saw this thing on the WW general thread saying that it has way more fat per serving than the package says (like 8 grams instead of 1 or 2!) That is just so wrong.

Juldiet: Yeay for all the productive exercise! Sorry to hear you are "stuck" - I think a lot of us are. Stick with it and you will be rewarded enjoy your trip.

Lizzard: WOOHOO on the 12's - I just started again and am going slow also - frustrating but WE WILL GET THERE. Don't know if this is true, but just a thought - Maybe you are being too good early in the week (making up for the weekend) and by thursday your body just says "GIVE ME FOOD!"? I have had that problem in the past.

BFB: Good to hear from you! From what I have heard, sometimes the beer monkies like to hang around even when you have had NO beer. They are very difficult to catch, but they enjoy occasionally sticking their toe on the scale as you weigh, causing all types of mayhem. Keep plugging along and you WILL see the results you want.

Tech: congrats on the loss! Your minigoals sound like a great idea.

elissa: I am switching to the 18-23 range this week! (bouncing right now between 149 and 151, so figured it was time). How I will miss those 2 points! That is what really got me thinking about where my points "go" in the first place.

Pyria: Welcome back!!! This is the first big step. You can do it!
Old 02-10-2002, 10:04 PM   #5  

Hi!

Pyria: good to hear from you, hang in there.

Nanci: we're awaiting the wine report!

RR: how nice of you to think of the people at the back of the crowd. I had a friend tell me last week that she was cleaning out their garage and she found a huge sack full of beads. She knew it was over 10 years old because she and her husband had never gone 'down there' together. Her husband has been packing around this bag (garbage size) for 12 years (thats 6 houses!) he just didn't know what to do with them. I told her I knew someone I could send them too but alas we were too late!! They'd been put out with the garbage the day before. (She could of at least taken them to the thrift store!!!)

This week will be good for me! I always lose a couple pounds while I'm in Philly. Lots of city walking (fast) and only 2 meals a day. Maybe I can make up for my bad week of munching (PMS).

I won't make VD goal but thats o.k. I'll work on a new goal (this is the first time I've not met a goal).

Bad news in the area. 3 men are missing on Table Rock Lake (just 2 miles from my house). They have divers out looking for them. Its been cold and very windy. I guess they were out bass fishing early this morning and tipped over.

- jul
Old 02-10-2002, 10:52 PM   #6  

Ok I had to come and confess. We were so BAD. I think on Saturday i had about 3 days worth of points. OH NO! This is the first time we have been over on plan since we started right after the first of the year. I feel icky.

We just need to jump back on track right away.

We had a great time and went to a lot of wineries.

I need to get ready for the week so I will check in with you all tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:15 AM   #7  

Nanci: glad you enjoyed, now get back on track this week.

Update on the men missing. They are on the other side of the lake from where I live. They were all young, 19,20 and mid-20's and they left to fish Sat morning in a homemade boat. The ramp they used was found, the truck and trailer were there. One boot has been found. The 19 and 20 yr olds went to school with the daughter of a friend of ours.

Lyssalou: you might enjoy reading some of Geneen Roths books. Between reading those and getting my meds changed for PCOS. I lost 42 lbs without really trying. Just a different mindset concerning what food is. The book Breaking Free from Compulsive Eatting is the one I read. Now I've reached that plateau where I really need to 'try' to lose the rest of the weight. 20 lbs to go - I can do it this year!

Goal today: WATER!! Lots of it!

jul
Old 02-11-2002, 09:45 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I lost 1/2 lb. this week...remembered to WI this AM. I'll take anything at this point...I may not be completely OP, but I feel good about what I'm doing.

Jul- That's a shame about those 3 guys. Have fun in Philly!

Nanci- So it was one day, or weekend, you'll be back on track, now that you're back on a weekday schedule, I'm sure.

Bailey- Not sure what I'm doing about the career change. I guess when things calm down, I'll check more into the real estate thing. I've had the slimfast shakes...I like the powder better than the premixed cans. DH drinks them too. Haven't had one in years. Wish I could have a blender here at work, I'd drink the Kashi shakes here, they taste horrible just shaken in the shaker cup.

Hi to everyone!! Have a great day!!
Old 02-11-2002, 11:24 AM   #9  

Thumbs down

Good morning all!!! Sorry about posting in the wrong place yesterday, but I was looking for a week title that looked like the previous weeks - it never dawned on me that you might change up things once in a while!!!

Dh has lost 10# in 2 weeks just by mostly eating right. I am so proud of him!!! I can tell his clothes fit him better. I just had to brag on him.

Baily - I can't quite get the hang of exercise either. Video tapes are too hard to learn, and keep up with. The tread mill hurts my calves too much, and it is hard to go anywhere to exercise with the kids (even on a walk!!!)

RR- sounds like you really had fun at Mardi Gras

Jul - did they find those 3 men yesterday?

LBH - Congrats on the .5 #!!! Slow and steady wins the race.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:26 PM   #10  

It's another Monday and I feel really good today. Why do women have to go thru these crazy moodswings? I'm determined to have a OP week. For some reason I feel great and have amazing willpower all week until Wednesday & Thursday nights (I think you might be right Bailey). I'm gonna really try and pay attention to myself and find a solution to this. Sunday morning my scale was down another lb but I'm not officially counting it until WI this Friday (hopefully it'll still be gone! ) Great job to all those who lost recently!!

Tech, I love citrus too much to cut it out completely. I just wanted to stop for awhile to see if my mouth would feel better and it does. Instead of eating a huge bowl everyday I'll eat a small one every other day. Hopefully then the acids won't cause the irritation anymore.

Bailey, I'm gonna have to look at my food consumption and see where my points go. I think I do a pretty decent job of getting my fruits and veggies in. My others probably come from bread, dairy, and meat. I've been really watching my sweet intake. When I have a choc craving I usually have a small glass of Choc skim milk after dinner and it cures me.

Lyss, don't start telling bad puppy stories. I'm considering getting one in a couple of months. Right now all we have are low maintenance pets (fish & turtles) but I really miss having a dog. Tell DH congrats for us!!

LBH - Great job on going to Curves. Getting there is the hard part.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:28 PM   #11  

hi all!

I've had a great week except for the m&m's. Dangit. I'm not even sure of the points so they are not on my journal. Need to work those babies off.

Liz - oh no on the food allergy! Hope that works to just cut down.

Bailey - point use. Hmm. Well, I usually use 2 pts in the morning on grains, 1 on fruit. Lunch is usually salad & something else - totalling anywhere from 2 to 8 points - depending if I'm bad or good. Dinner is usually around 8 pts - some kind of chicken (alot of times!) and always veggies. Leaving points left over for popcorn and/or skinny cows. I usually like to only use 18 pts from my meals, then snacks, and then some left (does not always turn out that way). ~ I like to think of that saying in regards to my whole life also, that's why I like it. ~ Pilates are stretches and floor type exercises - supposed to give you long lean muscles like a dancer! ~ Woohoo on the 18-23 range. You're doing great!

Tech - congrats on your loss!

Elisa - good luck!

Lauren - yeah on curves!

RR - have fun with all of your mardi gras stuff!

Pryia - welcome back! I've been wondering about you.

Lyssa - your playground sounds neat! ~ Hooray on the jeans! ~Yeah on the wise decisions eating out!! ~ Hooray for dh! ~ And I enjoyed your family photos - thanks for sharing.

Jul - oh I hated hearing that about such young people. Hope it's all a mistake and they are found okay.

Nanci - whoops!! ~ But hey, one bad weekend won't kill you - as long as you don't let it turn into a bad week, bad month and on and on. And you're doing too good to let that happen.

Somebody at ww said last week that they heard the skinny cow points are wrong and the nutritional info is incorrect on the package - that they are 4 pts instead of 2! Oh, I so hope that is incorrect.

DH sent me an email card with a box of chocolates - he said, look honey, chocolates with no points!!

have a good one!

Rabbit

______
I will require more of myself.
Old 02-11-2002, 05:10 PM   #12  

Liz - don't worry, my puppy is a good puppy, I'm just a bad puppy owner. I was told to have him nuetered at 6 mos. and I didn't. And I haven't done good at training him(he was doing great, I just didn't follow through - one of my fatal flaws!). Otherwise, he is a wonderful dog. And fixing up the back yard was great for the kids. That's where they are now except for the child who didn't finish her scoolwork this morning.

And I hope your mouth clears up, and you can go back to eating your citrus. I wonder since citrus is acidic, if you could eat a food that is "base" if it would counter the acid? But then again, I don't know enough about food chemistry to tell you which foods are base!!! hmm... I wonder if dh would know!!!

Rabbit - I don't do ww points, but I looked at skinny cows this weekend and while they are fat free, they aren't sugar free. but Blue Bunny Ice Cream is fat free, and no sugar added, and oh so good on taste.
Old 02-11-2002, 05:19 PM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

DAY 39 AND AF IS HERE!!!!!!!!!I am not complaining about the cramps from h#$$ or the fact that I think the ole uterus fell out in the grocery store!!!!I think that horrible chapter of my life has finally closed and I am starting over!!!!!

Rabbit--THe m&m's would do it for me also!!!I owe REfman some brownies but will not even attempt to make them this week!!!No way!!!!

Lauren-Yeah on the 1/2 lb!!!!!

Well, must get out of this bed and go pick up Toodles!!!The kids are off school cuz of MG soo she willl be pooped out from playing at daycare all day!!!!!
Vicki
Exc=43miles
198lbs(college)-125lbs(1990's)-151lbs(1999)-104lbs(2000)then met Refman, got married,pg then m/c-138lbs(Jan4)--now 128lbs
Goal=118lbs
Ok..that sums up my life!

Last edited by RoadRunner; 02-11-2002 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:18 PM   #14  

Ok I am back on track. I am not going to let the weekend get to me. I am going to eat on the low end of my points for the rest of the week and exercise every day.

Pyria, We have missed you! I am sorry that you are having a hard time and feeling so poorly. Keep coming here, I think it helps so much. I am sending you some hugs.

Vick, I am glad the parade was fun. I can just picture you throwing those beads.

Lauren, Great job on the 1/2 lb. Congrats on getting the house in order. That has to feel good.

Bailey, That is interesting about the Pirates Booty. I haven't had it in along time and guess I won't be.

Jul, That is just awful about those guys. I hate to hear stuff like that. It is just so sad.
Have a nice time in Philly.

Lyssalou, That is Awesome about your husbands loss.

Liz, I am glad you are feeling so good. It is so nice when we hit that groove.

Rabbit, Oh NO! Say it isn't so about the skinney cows! That is going to severly bum me out. I have really been enjoying having those as a treat. That was nice of your husband to send you the e-chocolate.

Everyone have a great evening. I am off to make my breakfast bars.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:34 PM   #15  

Just needed to say - I need a life! Just watched the pairs olympic figure skating. Controversial judging between gold and sliver... I am bawling my eyes out!!! Even the girl who deserved the gold held it together better than me! PMS???
Closed Thread