Old 01-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Trish, I must've missed something about Pumpkin Muffins! Go post the recipe in our 30 something's recipe thread! Please?!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #17  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Kerry - Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to remind me to work out! I really was dragging, but that little prompt from you got me moving and I burned some serious calories today. Thanks so much for motivating me! Good luck with your weigh-in!

Alicia - I know what you're saying, but I'm excited for you! Any loss is progress, whether you feel like you deserved it or not, hon! Hope your workout brought your spirits up a little!

Lauren - I'm so happy to see that your mom's going home tonight! Hope she's feeling much better!

Trish - Wow... I didn't realize you were dealing with a stress fracture... I'm sorry to hear it gives you problems like it does. It seems your outlook on life probably helps you deal with it as best as you can. Attitude is definitely half the battle. All of you with these long-term issues are such an inspiration to me!

DH will be home from work soon so I don't know if I'll make it back on tonight, but you all have a wonderful evening! There's still snow on the ground here and we may get a little more, so I'm kinda excited about it. I love the elements, period.

Last edited by ekstatikia; 01-22-2008 at 05:31 PM.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:56 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6

Hey all,

Patricia, hope you have fun tonight. We're doing a GNO next month...can't wait.

Alicia...3 lbs!!! Awesome!! Who cares if you did anything, the point is, it's GONE!!! Yes, we ent to Uno, I got the Chicekn fajita pizza and a salad. Ate two pieces, brought the rest home, and THREW IT OUT!!! So proud of me!! Although, I would have been prouder if I had picked the grilled chicken, LOL

Lauren...YAY!!! So glad mom is coming home. Hope she does better this time

Trish..hey girl!! Forklift driver, huh?? how long did you do that??

Megan...good job on the workout. HOpe you & the kiddos enjoy the snow!!

So I mopped the floor. The Shark steam mop has been in infomercials, and I have wanted it for a few months as I HATE MOPPING!! You can use it on ceramic, vinyl, harwood and laminates. Well, they finally have it at Kohls & I got a 20% disc. so it was 64.00 It worked pretty well, was a lot quicker than a reg. mop & bucket, and no chemicals. It dried super quick too!!

Scrappin, Kerry, Joan, Lisa, Jasmine, Hanna, etc, etc, etc (hehe)...hope you all have a great night. Not much going on here...just hangin' with the hubby & kids. I'll try to check in.

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #19  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, everyone. Well, yesterday was a real bummer! I was off target AGAIN! I've been "off the wagon" for the past 4 days (doin' okay today, I think)....not lookin' for a loss when I weigh in this evening at WW. Oh well, maybe next week will be a better week.

Wow, Trish, you sound like you're falling apart like me! I fell up my stairs this morning and bruised my ankle. (Yes, I said UP my stairs!! Dummy me!)

All this talk of TOM and AF and PMS and stuff makes me ever-so-grateful for my hysterectomy! :evilgrin: Although I do believe it's making it harder to lose weight. I used to love TOM because I knew it'd be good for a 2 lb drop. That's the ONLY thing I miss about those days.

Holli, I hope your days get brighter soon. I'm with everyone else...find something to take your mind off of it. I find that getting a haircut or something like that...just for ME....always helps my mood when I'm down. Even doing my nails or buying something new to wear...a bubble bath and shaving my legs (having a total at-home spa day is even better) helps a lot. You just need some time for you....spoil yourself! You deserve it!

Well, I've been logged in to do this post for several hours...I'm sure there are several posts that have been put up since I started typing this one. Hope it's not too outdated!

Have a great evening everyone!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick note - we had great news at the dr. DS is doing fine and no more surgery! Thank God! His kidney will never be completely back to its normal size, so it will drain more slowly than the right kidney, but it is draining at a perfectly fine rate...to make a long story short. Thanks for all of your well wishes...

Have a great night! Dawn
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
Good morning everyone, we had a two hour delay this morning and I'm getting ready to haul the kids off to school so this is gonna be quick and I'll check back later. Had a great meeting yesterday, pumped me up spiritually. So far morning is going well, just keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the day.

Lisa, congrats on the new promotion, hope it goes well for you!

Cardfan, if Albert leaves I'll shrivel up and die, the shrivel I could handle just not ready for the die part.

Joan, the hill workouts on the recumbents are AWESOME. Also, if you think about keeping your tummy tight while you're riding it does some fantastic toning.

You guys are the best I'll be back later, Trish

I know, Trish! Surely they're not that stupid! I see they signed Yadi to 4 years, so that's good! He's def one of my faves!

Hey everyone else!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #22  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Dawn, that's wonderful, I am sure you are all so relieved.

Lauren, yay for your mom!

Pam, I don't think I could have thrown it out, lol. Good for you.

I did get in my workout. I just really hate getting on the floor for some of it. So I kinda skip the last 5 mins.

For everyone who has sick family members hopefully they'll be feeling better soon, it really seems to be going around.

Hugs to all,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good evening everyone hope you all had a great day!!!! here in Indiana it was another cold day with some snow. not enough to keep the kids home....whooohooo..... how ever i did not have a very productive day at all i have been so tired lately it is driving me a bit on the crazy side. not sure what it is really just sooo drained. i do wonder if it is something i need more of in my diet but not sure of what it could be really. hope everyone has a great night

dawn thats GREAT about your DS my nephew just had is removed because it was not working at all congrats to your family on the good news
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #24  

Height: 5'6

Dawn...YAY!!! So glad you got good news.

Miller...maybe it's the time of year? Or Allergies? Or maybe you should think about bloodwork if you're really concerned. I had a workup done a few months ago. It showed nothing but gave me peace of mind...

Alicia...way to got with the workout, so you missed the last 5 mins...at least you did MOST of it!!

Off to make up a grocery list & go through my coupons.

'night all!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:25 PM   #25  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!! I'm free again!! GM went home yesterday. I noticed some definite cognitive changes while she was here so I had to call my mom and tell her about it. It's so hard to see the ones you love getting older. Luckily my mom is getting right on to taking care of her (she lives an hour away from my GM and mostly just talks on the phone with her) so I don't have to worry about her being alone.

I just found out that DH's company gives us free access to Ediets, so I have checked them out. It's pretty cool, they do the menu for you! I hate meal planning so this might help me. They also do a shopping list, but it's not 100% accurate. I have to get serious with this diet again. I now have arthritis (found out I have had it in my hands for years, I just didn't know it. And I was an Occupational therapist, how embarrassing!) It's in my hands, elbow and I think maybe my knee. So I HAVE to loose some weight. And get more active.

There are a lot of new people here since I've been off the boards, I'm so happy to see you all here!

Lisa: Congrats on the job!

Lauren: I'm sorry to hear that your mom has been in the hospital. I hope she is feeling better.

Joan: the bike sounds awesome. I always liked the recumbent bike at the gym.

Dawn: So happy to hear that your little one is OK. I know you must be relieved.

Miller: I agree, get an old fashioned physical. I did that to get established with a doctor and found out my thyroid was low. I'm on meds now and I have a bit more energy (when the kids aren't keeping me up at night!)

OK, gotta go. Girlie is actually sleeping in her bed right now and I have some things I want to get done. Have a great night!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #26  
Smartypants

Well seems like most are gone, so hello everyone. I'm very down tonight, working upwards of ten hours a day is taking its toll pretty quickly. this time, spent some of the evening in tears, mourning my Gracie. These nights happen, every now and then. I just had so much happen to me last year that I couldn't process it all right, so it's slow going... I wrote a fan mail to Mandisa telling her how the song God Speaking has been my lifeline...cause when your babies aren't meant to be held, and your world crumbles several times over, you wonder....does He know? Does He see what is going on, and is He here with me, through it all? And the first time I heard her song, I knew He was telling me yes. It played tonight, at a moment when I was remembering how she looked in His arms that night, the night before I lost her, and I just lost it. Anyway, I'll stop on that note cause I will start up again hahaah. Thank you Lauren, AF vibes are definitely most welcome :yells "woulda come on already???":, superb news on your mom, I know she has never been a moment without prayers and I'm so happy to hear they helped her. And yeah, it's like, 10pm and I should go to bed, but I just might go curl up with a book. James is going to bed now, so I'll be up by my lonesome. Anyway, I am thinking of you all...nighty night.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:49 PM   #27  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Holli, I couldn't imagine...just want to offer a hug and hope your days will get brighter soon.

Off to bed. I am the official 30something NUT for being up this late.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:04 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

HEY EVERYBODY!

I posted the muffin recipe on that thread, thanks for the heads up on that Lauren.

Alicia, Why are we up this late? I have to get up at 5:30, I'm gonna be grouchy, its a done deal.

Pam, I worked in that area on forktrucks and tuggers for 7 years, mostly as a team leader but I had to bust my rump everyday. Let me tell you, I had no trouble with my eight then.

Ekstat., I think God had a hand in my situation, He knew I wanted to be at home and He knew I would never quit cause of the money even though I was miserable, so He sent me home. Money ain't everything.

Diana, I'm so glad to know someone else that can fall UP stairs. My husband thinks I'm a freak of nature, guess not huh? Nanananana to him!

Miller, Hey I'm a hoosier too!

Dawn, Glad everything is okay.

Time to get off to bed, should've went after TBL, watched SVU, then the news, I never watch the news, it depresses me. Night! Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #29  
running my mass off

S/C/G: 197/187/117

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi, I'm new...

Hey all, I'm new here and wanted to say hi. I will post daily, I promise!!! I have been a fan of WW for over a year, in the past I have lost 55 lbs, however, with the holidays I have gained a few back or 20(arrrrh) I am getting back to business and need all the help I can get. I currently would like to lose 35 lbs by June. I have a loving and supportive husband who will join me in this journey as he has before (he lost 67 lbs).

We are runners who average 20 races per year...We are currently signed up for the Hyannis 10K on 2/24/08...I can now (NOT PROUDLY) say I am registered as a FILLY150+ lbs.(FAT RUNNER) yes, I kid you not this is an actual catagory in running races, ha ha NOT!!!

We are a family of 2 who have or rather, are owned by 2 dogs Riley (Boxer) and Annibelle (Shepard/Beagle mix).

We are currently in the process of adopting a 9 yr old boy , whose been in DSS custody for 5 1/2 yrs. We are hoping to have him home by April 2008.
liligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:01 AM   #30  
running my mass off

S/C/G: 197/187/117

Height: 5'5"

GatorgalstuckinGA...just checking things out and I noticed your profile ...Gator fan..hubby is an alumni ...we have a Gator bathroom(go figure)!!! He is proud of his school.
However whenever I mention PSU I get "Gators chomp Nittany Lions!!"
We are a fun lovin bunch, hee hee..
liligurl is offline   Reply With Quote