Old 01-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #16  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Cardfan1, welcome, we have a couple others here that are from St. Louis also.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #17  
KAR

Welcome Cardfan 1! You will enjoy the support that you will get from this bunch of great people.
Pam sorry to hear that your little one is sick! Hope she is starting to feel a little bit better. I hope you get your workout in today sometime. My sds is getting over a cold and thinks his dad and I are mean because we won't let him go outside and play. But it is like 20 degrees out there at the moment and windy. Enjoy your evening with the kiddos!
Jasimine tell your dh happy birthday! Hope you have a nice trip to the mall and be good at dinner. You can do it! I will be happy when the alternate assessments are all done at the beginning of March. Glad all you have to do is behavior charts.
Scrappin hope this week calms down for you. Great about getting in your workouts though. I am sure that you can get your eating in control. I try to plan out what I am going to eat the day before and stick with it.
Fightingtolose, sorry to hear that your weekend was crazy. Hope your week calms down for you. That is crappy what your bil did to your sister. I bet she is going to be better off without him. So how did you ds do in his tournment?
Ekstaikia hope your little one is feeling better. Sorry to hear that your neck hurts now. Hope you can get some relief from it soon. I hope that you get some rest today.
Trish, that is okay with the cake. You just dust yourself off and start all over again. Every once in awhile we give into our tempations. But we learn from them too. This is a new week and you will get back on track.
Hi to everyone else! Hope you are all having a great start to your week.
I got my 45 minutes Walk Away The Pounds for Waistline dvd and then 15 minutes on my Bender Ball this morning. Did the breakfast dishes and that is as far as I have gotten. But I think I will jump in the shower and get ready for the rest of the day.
Chat with you all later.
Have a great afternoon!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #18  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone...wow, so many posts to catch up on!!! Looks like everyone had a busy weekend! Same here.......I'm glad son was out of school today.....I slept in with my children, which is a rare thing around here. I soooo enjoyed it...what a way to start the week!

Well spaghetti dinner was good, although I ate......in fact, I ate all weekend. I was totally BAD this whole weekend. The chinese Friday night was only the beginning. Soooo, today is a "start all over" day for me. I haven't dared the scales...probably won't til tomorrow evening right before WW weigh in (I don't wanna be completely shocked at the meeting so I'll weigh before I go. How silly is that??)

We're off to party central today....son wants to do something fun on his day off from school. I"ll be back later........

Have a GREAT Monday everyone!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #19  
KAR

Alicia yes I have three stepkids. My sdd is almost 12 and my sdss' are twins and they will be 10 in April. Not only are they at that stage they want to argue about everything, but then when my dh steps in he is screaming at them like a screaming basheen. Plus they are at that stage when they think they know everything. So I do enjoy it when I have a quiet day at home or work! LOL
Old 01-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Thanks,everybody! I really do need the support!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Cardfan1!! I'm from St. Louis also. There is another Cardinals fan that comes here too.... although we haven't seen her in quite awhile. We miss her! If she's reading this I hope that all is ok...

I just finished reading all of the posts and some of them had me laughing.
Trish ~ your description of eating cake at night was too funny! It's over and done with so move on Girl.

Holli ~ We all have those days. You are definitely not alone. I'd recommend not weighing yourself so often. It's a hard habit to break but a necessary one. Sending hugs to you...

Warm soft, gooey chocolate chip greetings to everyone else. I know that we're all dieting here but it just wouldn't sound the same if I substituted "spinach" in that line... would it?

I'm having a hard time with the food/exercise these days as well. I need a change and I've decided on a recumbent bike. Sounds like it will be a good workout plus it's easy on my back. Anyone use one? If so, let me know what you think. My SIL has one and she really likes it. I like that it's quiet and I'd be able to watch t.v. or listen to my Ipod while exercising *and* still be able to hear the kids. I'm going to *try* to ease back into my morning workout. The thought of it makes me shudder but I need to approach it with baby steps... I remember when I started out using my Gazelle a few years back that I started out at 10 minutes, then 12 and within a month I was up to 30. I know that I CAN do this.

Sorry for not responding to everyone individually. You're in my thoughts though... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #22  

Default hello all my fellow 30 - somethings !!

hello all.. i am new here (introduced myself in the intros though if you want to check it out) and i just wanted to go where all the other 30-somethings are .. i am 37 yrs old (feel like 21 though..he he) i have two kids 7 and 4 and i have about 30 lbs to lose or so..anyway i hope everyone is doing most AWESOMELY today and everyone life ain't so bad

maria
SoldiersWife821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #23  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Welcome Maria & Cardsfan!

Gotta run!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #24  

Height: 5'6

Welcome Maria & Cardsfan!!

Alicia...glad you had a nice birthday. Sounds like you got some good stuff, and to find some french doors you didn't know you had...awesome!! Was the dining set you bought in their ad?? I was looking at it, it looks nice. I was thinking we should get it, but the table we have is fine for now. Besides, it seems like any time we get anything new, it gets ruined but the kids or dog!!!

Joan..hey, how was the visit this weekend?? My SIL also has a recumbent bike, she loves it. I would like to get one so I can read while I'm on it, but we don't have enough room with the treadmill i the basement. Oh, well. If you do decide to get it, I hope you love it!

Diana...get back on your feet, girl!! Today is a new day, you don't want to waste all the work you did losing last week, right?? THink positive, and if you feel week, drink some water then come here for support...we're here for you!!

Lauren..hey!! Busy, busy, right??

Hey to everyone else. Got some laundry done but not much else. Took a 10 min. nap before the phone rang & woke me up (GRRR). Ah, well, thinkgs to do anyway...

I'll tryo to hop on tonight. Gotta decide where to get dinner with the kids. Frankie wants Mcd's & Cadence wants UNO...sadly, McDonald's is about the same price, and Uno's food is better, so maybe we'll just go there, I can get something grilled..

Later!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #25  
KAR

Afternoon,
Welcome Maria. Glad you came to join us. I am sure that you will find the support you need to take those 30 pounds off here.
Alicia, I have read Scoundrel in Disguise by Annette Blair and The Gift by Richard Paul Evans. Starting a new book today. Aother one from Annette Blair it is called Sex and The Psychic Witch. Normally I don't get to read this much. But just decided that I have been too busy this past couple of weeks and needed a break. Hope you got your dining room cleaned out today. Atleast you get your house back tomorrow to yourself during the day.
Diane hope you are having a better day food wise. Isn't funny how one little slip up leads to a weekend full of them? Good luck at your weigh-in tomorrow night.
Joan I know that you can get back into the working out phase again. I didn't work out for 5 months. Then at the beginning of this month I started again. I have worked out 17 days so far. Once you get back into the habit again you will start to feel better. Start out slow and build up your time. I used a recumbant bike at the Y. They are great and don't hurt your back at all.
Hi to everyone else. Still having a good day. Have had to stop several little battles betweens between the stepkids before they got into a full blown war. They were fighting over the computer, the tv and the x-box. Doesn't help that their dad tells them one thing and forgets it and then goes and tells the other one something else. So I have to be the one to save the day. Getting tired of it already. Almost wished that I was at school putting in a full workday instead of being here being a peace keeper. Already have written on our Wal-mart list a timer and a wipe-off board for the computer. Then it is visually written down and they can also hear when their time is up. Hope that works. God anything at this point would be better than then listening to them whine, argue and cry.
Well off to do something relaxing. Don't know what that is yet. Check back in with everyone later.
Kerry
Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hey everybody - thanks for all of the protein ideas...I am going to get the stuff you mentioned on my next run to the store. I found out that we have a Trader Joe's about 20 minutes away and I am hoping to maybe check out this week...

Got a short nap in today since DS was up before 6 a.m. and refused to go back down. Also got a Basic Step workout in, so I am feeling better.

Hi Maria and Cardsfan!

Alicia - we just bought a counterhigh table and chairs for our new house too! I really like being able to sit up higher. Good luck with the cleaning!

Pam - my parents were here for about 1 1/2 days, so stuck around the house. DS was sooo excited to have them here, so he played with Grandma alot. My dad just had surgery to put this pain relief wire in his back, so DS could just really sit by him on the couch.

Kerry - hope that you are enjoying your quiet day.

For those of you who had crazy weeks/weekends, I hope that things calm down for you...

Hello to everyone else! Gotta run so we can actually go do something fun when DS wakes up from his nap.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Ho Hum...

Hi Ladies, And welcome Newbies, from a fellow newbie.
I feel so glum today! I don't like it when I feel this way!After a wonderful- and I mean W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L-L - weekend with my husband, I had to get up at four and come to work. He got to stay in bed! Well, except for when he got up to feed the horses.
We had a warming trend yesterday (45 degrees) and then it rained, so we have water standing on ice on the roads. I don't drive very well on a sunny day in the summer, so you can imagine how scarey my ride was.
Then I ate my yummy lunch. As I was bringing a bite of delicious roasted venison tenderloin dipped in A-1 steak sauce to my mouth... My hand said "nevermind" and I dropped my fork and it bounced off of my breast and landed in my lap. I think I need to check into the old folks home.
I just want to be back in bed with the covers over my head. I don't know why, I'm not usually like this. Does any one have a cake I could borrow? preferably of the cheese variety? I promise to return it someday!
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Helloooooooooo,
Welcome Maria and Cardfan, I have to admit I'm addicted to this website, you will be too. I am sooo a Cards fan, I'm sick to death that Rolen is gone, my hubby used to play high school ball against him, his home town is just 30 min away. It was nice to have someone "local" playing for my favorite team.

Joan, I used to ride the recumbent at the Y and I loved it. I have a back problem and you can get a good workout on it without straining your back. Of course, one that doesnt' have programs to choose from or doesn't have varying resistance will do you no good.

I was getting ready to hop on the treadmill when I got finished with my housework, when my friend called and reminded me that we were having a meeting in 15 min so I had to change and run out the door again. I just got home and now have to get kids on homework and feed everyone so I can take DD up to the bus since she has another game tonight. I haven't eaten since 11:00 and that was my mid morning snack, I'm starving and I need to do my workout and I have no time for either. Yet, I'm on here chatting, whats that mean? That you guys are more important to me than food? How can that be? Gotta go , maybe I'll get on the treadmill when I get home tonight , it'll be late but I don't have anywhere to go tomorrow. Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #29  

Pam ~ we had a great time with my folks. I brought all of the food and my mom invited two of my brothers and their families to join us. Lots of fun. I love my brothers. Did ok with food as I was so busy getting food for everyone else and cleaning up. Leftover lasagna the next day is a whole different story...

BTW, I only saw the first HS Musical and it was cute. Clean and, just as you mentioned Pam, good message thru out. I thought that the music was great. I've never seen the second one but I've heard that it's not quite as good as the first (?). I talked Liam into watching "Narnia" with me and it was wonderful ~ great film.

I made a big pot of potato dill soup today and DH made homemade bread. Not the healthiest meal for sure sounds good on this cold January evening. Take care everyone ~ Joan
Old 01-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #30  

Trish ~ DH is picking up my new bike as I type this (he is the BEST!). Fill me in on the "programs that go with it" when you get a sec.

Dangergirl ~ I'm having the same kind of day *and* I got to sleep in this morning. Sounds like a lot of us are having that kind of day. Weather really affects my mood and today is cold and dreary. I am so looking forward to spring... Hugs ~ Joan