Old 01-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something daily chat Fri Jan 18th

Morning all...off to a dr's apt (got to love annual exams...NOT LOL). Then i'm going to come home and do some last minute packing...and then off to orlando for my conference. I should be able to get on the internet...but not sure yet.

Alright guys...take care
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING!!!

Hey Patricia...hope you have a good trip, and do check in if you can!!

Hanna~ sorry about what's going on with Sean. I can't even imagine dealing with all of that. ((hugs)) Hope you have a better weekend!!

Danger...what a great story you have!! It's wonderful that you found true love..hope you get your hip waders soon!!

Joan, Diana, Lauren, Trish, Dawn, TX, Alicia, Kerry, Jasmine, and anyone I can't think of right now...HEY!!!!

I will be doing laundry and spending the day with Cadence. We are going to the party store to get a pinata and plates, decorations, etc. She's going to have a Hannah Montana party (not til March 1st!!) so we're getting the stuff early...she's so excited. Just found out another girl is having a HM party as well, a week befroe hers. The mom told me she's not doing a lot though. Parties & cakes are kind of my thing...I get crazed about details. Like, everything will be decorated with stars, even star-shaped ice cubes (I'm a nut, I know). DH is gonna make a stage platform so they can do karoake to HM songs. It sounds over the top, but it's just a 4x8 plywood put together with 2x4s. Must be pretty easy to do cause he didn't even argue with me. Then I'll just put shiny streamer curtains behind it. Should be fun. Also, I think I'm gonna take her to the concert movie in Feb..since we didn't go tot the show (not that I even tried to get tix, Cadence is way too young, but the movie theater's about a mile away, so I'll take her to that).

Enough of that stuff, we got about 2 inches of snow, right when the kids got out of school, so it was perfect timing. We had a snowball fight (DH was brutal!!!) and then built a snowman...so much fun. Expecting more snow tomorrow.

Gotta go get Frankie on the bus, talk more later.
Have a super day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

GG - have great trip. Orlando sounds really nice right now - it is 2 degrees out and is only going to get colder!

Pam - the HM party sounds like a lot of fun. I bet the girls will love the stage and singing. I am still trying to decide what we should do for DS's birthday - he will only be 2, but we lived out of state last year and most of our family has not seen our new house yet...

Hanna - hope today is better. You are in my thoughts.

Alicia - how is the long weekend going? Hope that you are surviving.

I will have to workout later as DS didn't want to miss Pooh and I didn't feel like it was worth the argument. Still waiting to see if my parents will come this weekend. They like to see what the weather will be like until the last minute. I will clean once I know when they are coming. Between a little guy and three cats, it isn't worth vacuuming, etc. until as late as possible.

Hello to everyone else! Have a great day. It's FRDIAY!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

I didn't even realize until this morning that I never came over yesterday. I am glad it is Friday and as a bonus it is a three day weekend. Not much going on right now.

Hanna-hugs coming your way. When kids are heaving things at me, I know that it is not me they are upset with. It might be me at the moment but in reality they are dealing with so much more. I had one kid going to town last week but a new foster kid was moving in and he didn't know how to cope. I also know it is my job to help them cope. I love the kids I work with. I also know it is not a job everyone can do. Plus, I wish all of my parents were as supportive as you.

Danger-I am envious of how much you love where you are at in life.

Pam-I want to come to the party. I have to admit to enjoying watching Hanna Montana.

To everyone else have a great day!!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I was starving this AM! :eat: So I went to the caf and got a ham and cheese omelet and a raisin scone for later...probably afternoon snack, because I know the omelet will keep me full.

Jasmine, lucky you, I don't get MLK off this year. They alternate with President's Day & MLK. This year we get President's day off. But the boys are off and thankfully DH is.

Dawn, 2°?! It's actually pretty mild here today.

Pam, You're a nut, girl!! How old will Cadence be?

GG, have fun in Orlando!

Mom is doing better, she and the doc discussed her discharge plan yesterday, but they have to restart the feedings and make sure she doesn't have any V&D from them before they let her go. I'm thinking she'll be out Sun or Mon.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

well im back...just checking back in. I'm planning on walking the dog and then heading out. I didn't want to leave too early since i'll be staying with a gf tonight and have to wait until she gets off work. I was thinking about stopping in my old stomping grounds (gainesville) since its on the way. We'll just see how i feel when i get there..i may just want to keep driving on to end the trip at that point orlando will only be 1.5-2 hrs away.

Lauren -glad to hear you mom is doing better

hannah - hang in there..sorry to hear Sean is doing porly

hey to everyone else
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ Have fun in your ole' home state. Will you be seeing any family?

Pam ~ As Lauren says, "you are a nut Girl!" I mean that in the nicest way possible though;-). So sweet that you make such a big deal out of birthdays. You're creating some super sweet memories. You'd be disgusted with me... I did so much for my two oldest and poor little #3 doesn't get as much:-(. She's not hurting, by a long shot, it's just that I made more of a big deal about birthdays with the older two.

Delta ~ Brrrr... man, that is way too cold for this chickie.

Jasmine ~ I *so* admire teachers, but especially ones that work with special needs. God bless you! Enjoy your long weekend.

Lauren ~ raisin scone... that sounds sooooo good. Panera makes an orange zest one that is my favorite. I was going to make some here at home but then looked at the *BUTTER* content and decided against it. No wonder they're so yummy and flaky! Fingers crossed that all continues to improve with your mom.

Brigid has a little friend over this morning and listening to them chatter is so darn cute. They keep calling each other "honey." We're leaving to go to my folks tomorrow to celebrate my little one's birthday. My parents are old (mom is 80 and dad is 95) and prefer it if we come to them. I'm fixing a big pan of lasagna and green salad to take up. The older kids get out early today so I need to get some stuff done this a.m. Hope that everyone has a Happy Friday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6

Lauren...so glad you mom is feeling better. You are such a great daughter, and what a blessing you are to her ( and us as well!!). Hope your weekend goes well Enjoy your scone...I've never had one, can you believe it?? Oh, and Cadence will be 5.

Dawn, Cadence loves "MY Friends Tigger & Pooh". It is a pretty cute show. Hope you're able to get your workout in!!

Joan..they did just buile a Panera down the street...haven't been there yet...afraid to go cause everyone tells me their soup rules, and I LOVE soup. I'm afraid I'll go broke Have a great time a your parents. It's funny the way I've been with birthdays, had a couple for Frankie at Chuckie's, places like that, and have just found that not only are the home ones cheaper, I think they're more fun, and I think sometimes the kids like them better, youknow? And I love planning stuff, so it's fun for me too!! BTW...is Brigid the true Irish spelling?? I have two friends with little Bridgets, but in high school I had a friend named Brigid.

Jasmine, my sis (25 yrs. old) wants to come to the party, too. She LOVES Hannah. Well, Cadence said, "I don't think my friends want you to come...you're to old." Nice, huh? She said it in the sweetest way, though, like she was trying not to hurt my sis's feelings.

Okay, gotta get the towels out of the dryer & get a shower.

Bye!
Pam

Last edited by pmasci; 01-18-2008 at 10:23 AM.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Pam, 5 y/o! You truly are a great mom!

Joan, I have no idea what is in scones! It looked good, so I picked it up!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hey Everyone ,just quickly checking in before I'm off to pick up lil sis from preschool. Got my run in this morning already and feel pretty good. I think part of my problem this week has been that TOM. It's not fun to feel so homicidal all week, I don't think my family has a healthy appreciation for my emotions at a time such as this. My daughter is finally starting to get it, the oldest one that is. We've got shopping to do for litlle man's birthday party tomorrow, I'm dreading the cake. The woman that makes our cakes is a genius and I'm slobberingright now just thinking about it. Pam, I would love to try one of yours but I think you might be a little far of a drive for me. Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for a great weekend! Catch ya later, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!

thank you all for your thoughts and very nice words, it means a lot to me!

Joan girls are so cute, have fun at your parents!

Pam the HM party will be great!!! I am sure, are you baking a cake? how cute would it be to make cup cake w/words from the songs... lot of work I can't even imagine!

Jasmine I know what you mean, the do have so much to deal with internally, you are awesome! the foster kids are multiplying, it is so sad, it just breaks my heart, birth parents don't even have a clue of the baggage the give this kids. thank you for what you do!

GG enjoy your trip, even if it is just conferences, I am sure the weather will be much better there!

Lauren I am glad your mom is doing better

I am doing OK today, I am not going to run any errands like I planned I decided they can wait till next week. I am going to just go knitting, that is my therapy. We got a call last night from DH's cousins from AZ they are driving down to San Diego to go to a something ceremony at the Mormon temple in La Jolla, they are staying in La Jolla for the weekend, we may go tonight to meet them there and have a bit to eat. They are busy tomorrow w/the ceremony which I am glad it is Saturday, I want to go up north the Orange County area to go to a big quilt show, it is suppose to be one of the biggest shows, I love to quilt!!! some pieces are really art pieces. Sunday we are going to have the cousins over for brunch, mom and dad will come too, I am so excited cause mom is going to have to get out of her bedroom!!!!
Anyway, I am going to go take a shower and go knitting, I will check in later!

Have a great day!!!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Pam, the soups at Panera are very good. I'll tell you what though. I went there a few weeks ago for lunch. I got the pick 2. Half a sand and cup of soup. I was so full for the rest of the day. Very satisfying. My favs are the Vegetable and the Black Bean. Party souds like fun. You are right, home parties are so much better. I don't know but if I mention 2x4's to dh he's all on top of it, lol. He built something under the bed and then for the kitchen, lol. Have a fune weekend. Have a nice time shopping with Candace.

Lisa, congrats on the job. So what did you and mom do for fun?

Joan, have a nice time visiting your parents. Lasagna sounds yummy. Glad you and Dh got to spend some time together. I hate those weeks when DH works late, I need some adult interactions sometimes.

Hanna, have a good time at your knitting class. Post some pics of your sweater.

Megan, how did your meeting go yesterday?

Trish, homicidal? Hang in there a few more days, lol.

Danger, Kerry, Lauren, Jasmine and everyone else, have a super weekend.!

Dawn, hope the little one lets you get your workout in, lol.

I feel just awful today. It all started last night. I put the oven on the self cleaning cycle. I went to check it near the end and the glass inside the door is shattered into billions of pieces. Then I was on the laptop. Well the puppies were at my feet. Actually being very good. Finally I look down to see what had them occupied. Well they had chewed my cord to shreds. Its now in 3 pieces. Actually this is probably the 3rd cord I've been through this year. DH will be so mad. He got rid of the 2nd part of my cord and let me use the cord to his Karaoke machine. So it was his cord that got chewed. I haven't told him yet. Besides all that I'm feeling down. I know this will sound crazy but I miss my work. I woke up this am feeling like I was being smothered and couldn't breathe. I am gonna get out of the house today, maybe that will help.

TGIF everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #13  

Lauren ~ butter, butter and more butter. Oh yeah, there's a little flour in there too;-).

Pam ~ Panera is one of my favorite places. They have the best soups and bread. Excellent coffee too.

Trish ~ I'm picking up a cake this afternoon for DD's birthday party tomorrow at grandparents. It's a little old Germany bakery ... slobber, slobber... My mom loves this place so that is the main reason why I'm buying a cake this time around. Leftovers will stay with her.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #14  

Hanna ~ Enjoy your quilt show. I know how much you love quilting. You would sure get along great with my mom as she is amazing with her quilting.

Alicia ~ Uggghhh. I'd feel sick too! Is this your new oven? That is just awful. Sounds like you do need to get out today. Can you leave DD in charge for a short bit and go take a walk outside? Have you been looking for a job in the new area? You seem to be ready for one. I can't remember if you worked part-time or full-time before? Good luck Girlie...
Old 01-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #15  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, everyone. I've been sooo busy last two days...it's making me crazy to not be here and see what everyone's got going on. I skim the posts, but can't really sit down and read like I like to. I'll be back full force probably Monday.

I do have good news....some good friends came into town yesterday and wanted to go out to eat with us, but didn't want to go to the fish place that I was dreading (because I'd TOTALLY BLOW IT!!!). So, we went to this place that's kinda like a bar and grill. I had grilled chicken, baked potato and a salad!!!!!!! I think that totally saved my day yesterday!!!

Lauren, I'm so glad about your Mom!!! She sounds like a REAL trooper. Hopefully things will calm down a bit for you really soon.

Trish, just psyche yourself up before the party....think about how GREAT you'll feel afterwards if you DON"T have the cake!! Keep yourself busy during the whole party...surely between psyching yourself up and keeping busy, you'll not be haunted by the cake. I love the way it makes me feel to have a battle like that and to come away having conquered it. WHAT A FEELING!

IrishJoan, how old were your parents when they had you? That's amazing that they've lived to be 90-ish!

gatorgal, can I hide in your suitcase? I would SOOOO love to go to Florida!! My in-laws left going there this morning. I'm green with envy!!

I'd love to stay and "talk" to everyone...too much work to do....I'm payroll person at work and I'm quite sure I'll have some threats on my life later today if I don't get busy! Stay strong this weekend, everyone (hoping that for myself, as well!!!)....Hope to see "less" of you all on Monday! (I hope everyone understands what I mean by that....not that I don't want to see everyone Monday...just hope we're all lighter! But I'm sure you all got that....I'll be quiet again, now! )

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-18-2008 at 12:21 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote