Old 01-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Wed. Jan 9th

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

Hope everyone had a good night's sleep!! Just finished a half hour of power yoga...I'm sweaty!!! Used to do yoga all the time after I had my son, I like doing different things. The yoag mood hit me this AM while I was having coffee & watching an infomercial for the Fluidity bar...that thing looks like fun.

So, congrats to all who had a good weigh-in yesterday!!! You should be so proud!! I haven't weighed myself in about two weeks, feel like TOM is coming & just want to wait...to those who gained over the hoildays (who didn't??) keep up the good work, stay on track today, take it one meal, even one bite at a time. Before you put something in your mouth today, think if you're going to be mad at yourself after you eat it...give it a try just for today & see if it works for you!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day. I have some errands to run today, some cleaning, and I have four cakes to do on thurs/fri, so I'm gonna get the cake boards all ready for them. I usually decorate my cake boards (ie, I have a baby shower cake, so I'll use baby shower wrapping paper as a background) so that will save me some time.

I'll checki in later, got so busy yesterday, then DH was on comp. all night putting his music (his own recordings) on here so he could burn them to disc/put them on myspace...funny he used to make fun of me for being on there, now his old band has a page...hehe.

Have a SUPA DUPA DAY!!! Let's all eat well!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #2  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

I have to get going for now but I just wanted to say hello to everyone and to wish you all a great day!
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

mornig all...well i'm happy...i did loose this week. However, i had gained 5 lbs over the holidays...so im sort of at a negative. But i'm glad i lost...i was worried i wasn't going to. I'm actually impressed. I decied to try to limit my alchol intake to pretty much null (or close to it). Well so far i went a week without anything...which for me is good since i normally like a beer or glass of wine at least 2-3 times a week...hope that doesn't make me sound like an alcoholic LOL. Even last night DH made a margarita and i said no....oh how i like margaritas (: tomorrow night...i'll get to see if my measurements have changed much and my %fat.

pam - how i love yoga...i haven't done it much since i've started back at the gym...but i love it...great workout

esk - hey there...have a great day.

Hey to everyone...have a beautiful and great day. Everyone keep up the good work.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #4  

Patricia~I'm with ya on the alcohol. DH and I have a few beers/drinks every weekend. It's like our date time without going out. Anyway, I haven't had anything since Christmas...oh, wait I had three beers on NYE, bit I'm trying to stay away from it cause I'm hoping it's gonna make a difference. Glad you're on track. Congrats on the loss, and yes, Yoga is an amazing workout. It's funny cause it just looks like a relaxing stretch program, then you do it & realize how intense it can be!!

later.
P
Old 01-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #5  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all,

The sun is out today. The husband is off to work and the son is getting ready for school. Daughter has a play date later this morning so that will be fun. At least I will be out of the house. I worked out again yesterday for 45 minutes. But I do feel like I snacked quite a bit in the late afternoon and evening. Hopefully I will be able to control it better today. Everyday is a new day and all you can do is try to do better the next day.

KAZ good luck on your large goal. I know it isn't easy but am sure you can do it. I was 325 pounds as a teenager and went down to 156 in the matter of a couple years. So don't ever give up, it is attainable and you really seem like you have the drive to do it.

Talk to you all soon
Dawn
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #6  
KAR

Morning All,
Hope that you all have a wonderful Wednesday! I got up and did my Walk Away the Pounds for the Abs workout. I am feeling a little more energy and am not nearly as hungry as I have been when I didn't workout for a couple months. Plus I feel that I don't make unhealthy food choices anymore. It sure is windy and rainy here. The heat wave we had only lasted for a few days.
Pam I have never tried yoga. But I bet it would quite a workout. Sounds like you are very busy with your baking business. I bet that keeps you hopping along with everything you do with your family.
Patricia, I have given up on the alcohol too! I probably only have one drink every couple of weeks. Congrats on your loss! I hope you have a better day today at work. Good luck with your chat with the receptionist.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a wonderful day and stay on plan. I think we will be walking inside the building this afternoon for a half hour. I guess that is better than nothing.
Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Morning,

Got the kids all off to school this morning without any problems, something is wrong with this picture. Hubby's home since we have the funeral later this afternoon, he wanted to go have breakfast at the amish place up the road since it was just the two of us. I can think of better things to do just the two of us but OKAY! So, of course we went, but I'm telling you its just not possible to eat a healthy breakfast at an amish buffet. I kept my portions small but I ate some really bad stuff, but it was really good. He kept saying "we'll eat better later its okay", but hows that gonna happen when we'll be rushing around with the kids to get to the funeral home and then there's the inevitable eating after the funeral with the family ARGGGGGH! I guess that just means when I get home I have to run/walk on the treadmill for an hour plus my pilates. Yeah, I have time for that. NOT! Okay, now that I have vented my frustration, I'll try to think positive for the rest of the day.

GG, great job! I love the margaritas too, I still have 1/2 gal. left from NYE, thats sitting in the frig calling my name. Its really hard some days not to go pour one when my familys driving me up the wall, but I think might indulge in one this weekend and then throw out the rest.

Pam, I do some yoga, I do like it but its hard for me to with a bad back. Also, I ordered one of those Fluidity bars last year and it really did give me a great workout but it hurt my back so bad I couldn't keep it up, I had to send it back. But, had I not had to deal with my back problem I would have kept it.

I'll try to check in later this evening after I get home and get my workout in and report on how I did. Have a safe day! Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Pam, thanks for the great pep talk this am! Haven't really tried the yoga, but my sil got a pilates video once that kicked out butts, lol!

Patricia, hope you have a better day at work today. You are probably gaining muscle, I am sure it will show tomorrow when you take your measurements!

Trish, just do your best today and don't be too hard on yourself.

Kerry, I gained over the holidays myself. I think at least 5 lbs. We moved during that time also. Dh got a job in Charlotte, NC. We moved but are not actually living "in" Charlotte. He still works for the telephone. Walk where you can. I think I am gonna walk in my yard we have a few hills so I should get a workout from that!

Hey everyone else! I am going to meet DS teacher this am. I did get him off to school, but for some reason he thought I was going in w/him. He had a look of horror when he found out otherwise.

Have a good one everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #9  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, everyone. UGH I just cannot shake this flu stuff...probably doesn't help that my 2 yr daughter has a congested cough and insists on doing it right in my face...no matter how much I remind her to cover her mouth. There's no telling what I have NOW. I feel rotten. Feel like I'm never gonna be able to go work out again...right now, my cough is just too bad. I know I would do more coughing than working out. Gotta love this time of year...this CRAZY weather doesn't help much either.

Well, no deer chili or salad and baked potato this morning for breakfast...I had oatmeal! How boring and normal is that?? LOL I'm hoping the warmth of it will help my congestion....eventually something will help.

Fightingtolose, it's incredibly amazing that you used to weigh 325 lbs and are down to 176 now!! I soooo wish that I'd learned how to tackle this when I was young(er). Healthy eating was something that was not even an issue in my childhood home. Both parents were (are) overweight. Mom used to cook with lard and our food was fried mostly (in the lard!!). I remember having fried fish or chicken for supper and then fried apple pies for dessert! There was no talk of portion control. I didn't even know about that until I joined weight watchers. Seems common sense now. lol I've vowed that my children will know better and be healthier. My son has "the gene." He seems like he'll struggle with this his whole life too. I've been criticized by my MIL for watching my son's portions and restricting his empty calorie intake. When he visits her house without me there (and with me there, if I don't literally stand up to her), she'll let him have 10 cookies and as much candy as he wants to. I've talked to him about what it's going to do to his body, the results (teasing, no friends and health problems)....he's gotten to where he'll even stand up to her some now. She tells me that he'll hit a growing spurt and it'll fall off....we've been waiting for that to happen for several years now...and he grew almost 3 inches last year!! But he gained the weight to match those 3 inches! I've tried explaining that to her......I'm still "not letting him be a kid." Sure wish I'd been taught better when I was a kid....hopefully he'll thank me later. She never will..........

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

I've got grocery shopping and cleaning and painting today....and I don't feel well enough to do any of it! Plus a two year old to care for (my daughter). Guess I better get off this thing. Have a wonderful day everyone. I'm sure I'll be back later.

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-09-2008 at 10:02 AM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Good morning everyone! DS slept a little longer this morning and we just finished a hip hop dance workout - it is a good thing that I try these things privately vs. a class as I am not very coordinated! Has anyone else tried a hip hop workout? They say it burns quite a few calories.

It sounds like everyone has busy days with exercise, errands, family, etc. Sorry to hear about the funeral, Trish.

I hope that everyone has a good day. Dawn
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GOOD MORNING KIDS!
How in the heck is everyone today?

Pam (alias: Miss Peppy:-). You go Girl! You are on a roll and there's no stoppin' you. I did yoga after my firstborn as well. Unfortunately, like Trish, my back can't handle it. I've had back problems since #3 and that is why I now stick to walking. However, I did buy Dr. Oz's new book and I did the workout over the weekend. Slow streches that are good for my back. I wish you a SUPA DUPA day too!

GG ~ you turned down a margarita... you are dedicated! I love margaritas. I've also cut back on the alcohol. DH and I still drink some wine on the weekends but that is it. I'm sticking to wine only. No more beer. I remember reading in one of your posts last week that you were enjoying your days off tremendously and that the next few weeks were going to be crazy busy. You weren't kidding... sorry about the interviewing/training new help. That has to be really draining.

Dawn ~ wow. You'd never be able to keep up with two little kids if you were still at your heaviest weight. How many years now have you kept the weight off. God bless you!!

Have a great day Kerry ~ good luck staying on plan.

Trish ~ LOL at your comment about finding better things to do when it was just the two of you:-). Hey, that would have *burned* calories not added them! Sounds like you've got a full day ahead and might need those calories. You'll probably be so busy talking with people at the funeral that you won't eat as much as you normally would.

Alicia ~ good luck with the meeting this morning. Keep us posted. It's so hard to see our kids hurting.

Diana ~ good for you in speaking up to your MIL. You are looking out for your son and trying to make him aware of good health at an early age. Our parents cooked that way because that was all that they knew. We know differently now. Hope that you get to feeling better. Water, water and more water. Maybe you need an antibiotic?

I still haven't registered to vote at our new address so that is one of the things on my list to do today... Gotta run. Hope that everyone has an excellent day.

BTW ~ Lauren ~ good luck today! Also, put me down for 5 miles since Sunday.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Diana, I agree w/ you about the healthy eating and teaching our kids. Ds now takes a bottle of water to bed w/him every night, because I do. He actually drinks it tooI I also think it has alot to do with metabolism. DS consumes foods unimaginable and is so thin I can't look at him w/his shirt off. BTW, I grew up w/a grandmother who didn't cook. We literally went to Burger King instead, EVERY night. I am not joking or exagerating either. Of course the house was filled w/chips and candy. Somehow I'm the only Obese one. Go figure. If I go "home" today it's the same thing, however they like bringing home Krispy Kreme donuts now. Old habbits are hard to break. Hope you and DD feel better soon.

Joan, you sound quite chipper yourself today. Hope you are having a good one.

Pam I almost went to McD's after my meeting but I thought of your pep talk and thought better of it, so THANKS ALOT! Had a Lean Cusnine instead.

Meeting went well. The teacher is such a sweet lady. DS really doesn't like her. She said to me "I hope it isn't me" How could I tell her it may be? Anyways, we discussed a few things that might help. We will see.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #13  

Trish~good luck @ the funeral today..hope it's not too upsetting. Good job on controlling your portions...life is meant to be LIVED and everything in moderation, I say!

Kerry~hope work goes well today, and enjoy your walkl!!

alicia~good for you passing on the Mickey D's!!! I was feeling the same way today...sooo hungry cause I was out all morning & forgot to bring a snack, and it would have been so easy to stop there, but then I knew I'd be mad at myself & I'd have to tell you guys, and that would suck, so I came home & made a salad...SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

Joan~Hey chica!! HOpe you are doing well!! I forget what state you live in...is it still MO? Or is it an early primary state?? I have been obsessed with the primaries...DH thinks I'm a nut.

Diana~ stick to your guns with your kids!! My MIL loves to give my kids candy, but she doesn't see them very often at all, so I'm okay with it. She's a pretty good judge of how much they should get, too. She's afraid they'll get a "sick belly" if they eat too much. I think it's great of you to look out for your children...weren't we always told to "clean your plate"?? I think that mentality is out the window now...hope you are feeling better soon. I know people who've been coughing for a month, it's really hanging on. Take it easy & don't push yourself, just exercise when your body's ready!

Lauren~Hey!! Did you start the new job today?? good luck girl, hope you like it!!

Anyone I'm forgetting, sorry!!! HOpe you all have a great afternoon!!

Pam
Old 01-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!

wow it has been very busy around here.

all newbies!!! Dawn ekstatikia, CCmomf5
I am a regular here for the most part, I have not been able to post in the last couple of weeks a I used to, I am going to get more on track!

Pam I love your pep! that was great!!! sounds like you are going to have a busy day, I love to bake, I don't know what size I would be if I had a baking business you go girl!!!

ekstatikia have a wonderful day!

GG you are amazing! staying away from margaritas it even difficult for me, I don't really drink but a margarita is always good, congratulations on your loss, concentrate on the positive don't worry about the weight you put during the holidays, you are doing fantastic! sorry you have to talk to your staff, I hope it goes well and easy!

Dawn that is so encouraging! I love to read and know about such success stories, how long has it been since you lost that much weight? You are an inspiration!

Kerry I am so happy to see you here again! how are you? how is school for you w/all the kids after the break, I know it can be very difficult for them to come back after such a long break, readjusting/transition is very hard for them. I send you a huge

CCmomf5 I never been to an amish restaurant, sounds good to me! but I do agree there would be more fun things to do w/DH and burn some calories, Oh well, I am surprised it was not his thought, you know men! LOL. sorry you have the funeral today,

HI Alicia! sorry you are having troubles w/school and DS. I hope your meeting goes well. how is the house coming along? did you paint?

Diana I agree 100% you have to be proactive w/your children and teach them early on about food intake, sometimes our families (older ppl) are stuck in their old ways, I wish you all the best w/the inlaws, you are doing the best choices! they are your children you have to put your foot down. sorry you are not feeling well, it is not fun, I hope you feel better very quickly!

Delta Dawn that is nice your little one got to sleep in! that is always good! I never tried the hip hop.

Joan hello! how are you doing? did you get some rest after the holidays, I know you were busy w/family. how is your skin?

well as for me, I have been in a lot of pain, I have not been able to do too much, it is getting a little better, my doctor suggested starting to take arnica montana several times a day, I think it has help a little. I am not over doing anything, taking it very easy, sitting on the couch knitting. My weight is now stabilized at a 105 I have not lost any more. I think for now that is good, I feel really good about it, my pants are falling off my butt. Remember my big shopping trip, well all the jeans I bought are a little too big now, DH doesn't want to know a word about it, he said if I have to go get different clothes, he doesn't want to now anything about it! LOL. The little dudes may be getting a new friend, my neighbor works w/someone that is looking for a new home for his little yorkie, they can't move to where ever they are moving into w/a pet, so of course I said I would take it. We don't know if it is a little dude or a duddet! LOL. but we will take it anyway!
I am trying to eat a lot of little meals thought out the day, I think it is a big key to help me feel better all day, keeps my sugars levels more consistent.

I told you guys I lost my cleaning lady, I was sad, and I was not to sure I was going to be able to keep the house clean w/out her, I did get started on using natural products only, no more chemicals, it is amazing what a little bit of vinegar can do~ and for my big surprise, the cleaning lady was not doing such a good job after all, I think she had gotten to comfortable here, and she was just dusting the surfaces. Dh has been helping me moving furniture around and vacuuming in places that had not been touched for a while.
Off I go to walk the little dudes, a short walk

I will be back later,

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Pam we were posting at the same time!
Hugs,

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote