Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #16  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well, it's 2 pm and I just got home from grocery store...I'm feeling even worse now. Could barely put one foot in front of the other in the store...but I had to go....I was even out of Toilet Paper!!!! Stopped at Wendy's (at DD's request). I got a large chili...I think they're 5 points. However, feeling as rotten as I am is making me want to eat!!! I'm eating spinach dip now with ff chips. The dip is almost ff....made with low fat sour cream. There wasn't much left of it and I haven't finished it off, sooooo......the cold temp of the dip sure makes my throat feel better. Excuse?? Maybe....

I'm toying with an idea. I'm thinking of switching to strictly calorie counting, but still going to WW meetings for the extra motivation. I would think calorie counting would be a lot easier than having to figure points. Anyone have any advice one way or another?? I think it's basically the same concept.....but I dunno. Seems calorie counting would be much more accurate.

It's weird sitting at my computer talking about calorie counting and stuffing my face. I feel really guilty.

Well, not much time til I go p/u son from school....thanks for all the get well wishes and kudos re: MIL. Life's a challenge sometimes, huh?

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-09-2008 at 03:10 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #17  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Popping in from the new job. Things are going well, although it took most of the AM to get me access and stuff. My bosses took me out to lunch to celebrate. Went to a french restaurant (it's the only place close to here) where they have a buffet lunch. Did well though, because it's fancy schmancy food. So far I'm on track with food today! And I was down again this AM, so I'm almost back to where I was before I sabotaged myself.

I'll try and check in tonight!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6

HANNA!!!! HI HONEY!! long time no talk...hope the Arnica helps..I used to do a lot of homeopathy before I had the kids, had a lot of time back then to learn about it. Great stuff, arnica. I'm interested in what kind of cleaning products you use.

Lauren~ lol at you "fancy schmancy food" forgot you don't like that stuff...didn't you say this place has a gym? What exactly is the job you are doing now??

later all, gotta run!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #19  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Hola from CT, just poppin in to say hiya. day is going good and I cannot wait for the stationary bike I am getting on Saturday, I have a question, I see all of this DH DW DS business in these posts and I think I have the second letter figured out DH is (DHusband, wife, son etc) but whats the D? when I read these I have been saying in my head as I read "Damn Husband" "Damn Wife" lol I assume I am wrong with the damn part is there a legend for all of These?! lol or can someone be so kind as to let the new guy know what the deal is hehe

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #20  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Botzz, "D" all depends on what he/she has done lately! Could be damn, could be dear, could be dumba$$. I guess that's why it's just better to use "D".

Pam, It's an administrative assistant position.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Botzz ~ I asked the same question when I first started here. Too funny. The "D" varies depending on the mood... For the most part my hubby is "dreamy" but every once in a while, I'll substitute that with "dumba$$." :-)

Hanna ~ it's good to hear from you! Moving furniture and cleaning doesn't sound like you're taking it easy? You be careful. BTW, I LOVE vinegar! I use it on so many things (windows, hardwoods, it's works wonders at getting sticky stuff up). It's cheap, natural and so much better for the environment than brand new cleaning products. My skin is doing good. I'm not on any medication for it and it's nice and clear. As much as I hated the Accutane, it looks like it did do the trick.

Pam ~ we vote here in early February. The older that I get the more that I love politics! It's fascinating (and frustrating) to follow.

Have a great evening all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello!

Joan I am not moving the furniture my dh is!

Lauren how nice that you were out for lunch. I wish you all the very best at you new place~

Pam I use vinegar mixed w/a little bit of alcohol to clean glass and mirrors
I use table salt as an abrasive
baking soda and vinegar or lemon juice to clean bad spots
hair spray to clean sticky things off things. Sean's bedroom has the most stickers, the light switches were all gooey from who knows what and the hair spray took it all off, it is all the alcohol in it.
I use cream of tarter and lemon juice to clean my sink in the kitchen (stainless)
As I think of other things I will post.

Tomorrow I am going to help my neighbor clean her house, she is slammed w/work and she has company coming over, she was ashamed to asked me if I would mind helping her clean and dust and change sheets in the spare bedroom, I don't mind I will help her, it is not a deep cleaning! from having a cleaning lady to being one, LOL!!!!

The little dudes had a good walk, it was nice to be able to get some fresh air, it has been raining a lot around here, today it was dry!!!

I will see you all in a while

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #23  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hanna, I didn't want to mention the painting again as I was affraid I would drive everyone nuts. LOL. But, since you asked..... I am on the living room now. Gonna try and finish up tomorrow, fingers crossed. It's hard because I can't seem to keep my other chores done at the same time. Every room needs it so it will be a long haul. I need to use more "green" products myself. I grew up with a grandmother who bleached EVERYTHING, so I don't feel like I've really cleand if I don't. But I know it saves $$ and is better for the encironment. I am gonna try some of those suggestions. I hope that you are feeling okay. Take a pics of all the pups and share with us sometime!
BTW, don't stay away for so long, we all worry about you.

Botzz, mine is usually dumba$$, lol. But, he's one of a kind thats for sure.

Joan, funny about dreamy, never thought of that one. Glad your skin is looking good.

Lauren, sounds like a good first day, not much work. Good to hear you are down!

So, DH bought himself a golf cart. I LMAO watching him ride it. It is old and doesn't even look like one. Sometimes I really don't know where he gets these ideas from. LOL.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Alicia ~ LOL at your painting. Remember back in the summer when we moved and I was up to my ears in painting. Ugggghhhh ~ I'm sick of painting. But, our whole main level has now been painted and I love it! I now want to paint the master bedroom and bath. That'll be a February or March project. Was your living room olive colored? What color are you painting it?

Diana ~ when I'm sick, I always lose weight as I have zero interest in food. Unfortunately, it comes back with a venegance once I'm all better... Beware of FF products. I was just reading on the internet earlier today (I think that it was on 3FC website) that people often eat double the amount when they read that something is FF. I, personally, think that the FF stuff is packed with loads of unhealthy stuff and that we're better eating the real deal, just less of it.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Good evening...

Hope that everyone had a good day.

Diana - I hope that you are feeling better. Its seems like you need things like toilet paper on the days when you really don't want to leave the house.

Lauren - congratulations on the new job. It sounds like it was nice first day with lunch and all.

Hi to everyone else...just thought I would stop in quickly while DS is occupied with DH. Usually, DS walks up and closes the laptop - guess I am on here a little too often if it is obvious to a 21 mo. old!!

Delta Dawn
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #26  
Alicia

Joan, I remember a bunch of you moved and were all painting. Seemed like around the same time. I also remember you painted one of DD rooms, it seemed to be pink and orange and maybe w/horses? Or maybe I'm imagining that part, lol. Yes, the living room was olive and I am painting it a similar color. (After 5 samples) I lost the fight at changing it. But I'm gonna do the dining room the Pumpkin Butter, regardless. Anyways wanted to get as much as I can done before I start looking for a job. You have ideas yet for your master bedroom?

Someone give me a kick in the butt as I did really bad for dinner!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #27  

hey all!

really quick!....i just wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes...not good news though...im having a procedure tomorrow...

thanks again...i appreciate it!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:19 PM   #28  
Alicia

Christina, I'm so sorry! Big hugs to you!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Christina I wish you a quick recovery after your procedure, what is it for if you don't mind me asking? how is your son?

You guys are all great!
I love the paint talk, we moved almost 2 years ago and we painted the rooms we knew we wanted them in (color wise) My office is red, the playroom is olive green, red and a sand tone. Sean's room is 2 tones of blue, the kitchen is ice tea orange (gorgeous!) but the rest of the house has not been painted, one I have not been able to choose a color and 2 I am not allowed to touch a paint brush or a bucket of paint, I tried painting Sean's bathroom olive green, it is so nice! but when DH left in the morning I had just started getting ready to pain, 10 hrs. later when he came home, :shy: there was more paint on me and on the floor than on the walls, we had to hire a painter to come and clean the mess I made. I am not good w/paint! LOL....

It was the afternoon from **** Sean had a horrible day at school and the afternoon at home was not better either, I am so going crazy, I am back to that place where I want to give up and DH is determined to keep going, it is kind of tearing us apart, it is not fun, I am very sad, but I don't know how much longer I can live like this. I have so many regrets in adopting.

I have to get downstairs and check on my dinner, DH is home and I know he is starving, I have no appetite at all.
I will see you tomorrow

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..well today was **** PART 2. Ughhh just a total night mare and my CSC is just getting worse. She left before i had a chance to talk to her...was finishing up my med notes. So tomorrow we will chat. I really am concerned about her. She has some health problems and had some family problems..and i'm honestly concerned she's addicted to her pain meds she's on and that's why shes a total space cadet...i'll tyr to chat with her tomorrow. And so today...i was not good. I forgot lunch and had 15 min to get somethign and of corse ran to wendy's and had a hamburger and fries...and don't forget the cup the size of my head coke LOL..and tonight i was going to the gym and instead sat down and had a beer...oh well i'm good but not perfect LMAO. Well it was 1 wk and 1 day and then i had a beer..but only one. Tomorrow back on track. I'll have my training in the evening. I decided with the two bad days i'd take off tonight and go to bed early so i'm energetic for tomorrow night.

hannah - you need to slow down girl. You hurt because you are doing all this stuff, ie moving furniture cleaning other's houses...you are not helping you fibormyalgia. Take a breather girl. You need a few days rest..i know its not your thing...but you need to start listening to your body..otherwise you are going to end up seriously hurt.

gaining- have you gone back to the dr's...ummm you have been sick way too long...you need to call him..i know you said you had a sinus infection...but you should call your dr...by now the ab's should have kicked in.

joan- nope i wasn't kidding..i am working 7 days straight. (only 2 more days) then i have sat off, then work 5 days and then leave the next day for a conference..then when i return..i'll have 6 days in a row. So very very insane!!!!! just commit me now LMAO

hey all..getting late..tired...going to bed
hey to all i missed and to all the newbies.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote