Old 01-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Tues. Jan 8th

GOOD MORNING!!!

It's a new day everyone!! Let's stay on track with our eating...it seems like we're all doing pretty well so far in the new year!!

Christina~hey girl!! Best wishes to you at the doc today, please let us know what he says, and be sure to take care of yourself!!

Patricia~I am so proud of you with the training!! Can't wait to hear your numbers!!

So, I'm about to get downstairs & do a firm workout. My ankle still feels funny, but I can't stand not working out!! Need to run some errands today after I take Cadence to school...Dh is thinking of joing a gym. They just openeda Planet Fitness nearby, a friend goes there & loves it. It's only 10.00 a month!! DH misses going to the gym (we have equipment in the basement, weight bench, treadmill, etc.), so I told him to do it. I mean for 10.00, you know?? He's in pretty good shape, but he only works out like 2x a week. If he joined the gym, it would probably be more.

Well, gotta get Frankie some breakfast (yes, he's always up this early!!), and then off to the basement!!

Have a super day all!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:56 AM   #2  
KAR

Morning everyone,
Just got done doing my Walk and Kick workout for 30 minutes. Need to cool off a little bit before hitting the shower to get ready for work. Now I hope my eating can stay on track for the day. I was okay yesterday. One of the ladies brought in a chocolate cake for the Buckeyes game. I must admit that I had a very tiny piece of it. But atleast it was the normal huge piece that I would have taken. Didn't do a lot of stress eating even though I was put through the ringer with one of my students yesterday. Let's just say that I think I could handle a toddler's temper tantrum better than I can a 11 year-olds. Hoping that he comes to school in a better mood today.
Sounds like everyone was on a roll yesterday with their exercise and eating. Way to go!
Pam enjoy your workout. I would love to join a gym for $10.00 a month. But don't have a gym around here that cheap. Hubby is thinking about joining the Y again. Don't know if that will happen or not. Just content working out with Leslie and her gang in the mornings for right now. Then trying to squeeze in short walks in the afternoons.
Well tonight is my first TOPS meeting of the year. Will find out just how much weight I gained over the holidays.
Well better go get my shower and think going to work for the day. Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, I did really well yesterday. My goal is to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. Yesterday I had 1430. I was soo tired from work that I went to bed at 9:30. (I still feel like I could go back to sleep) Today I am mostly at the register, but I know that it will be busy regardless of if we have customers.

Well, I have to pack my lunch and head off to work ~ so have a good day everyone.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:17 AM   #4  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hey, all! I'm just popping in before a very busy day. I've got a sitter and some appointments this afternoon and lots of things on the agenda before then, and band practice afterward (I sing on the praise team at my church).

The good news is, I'll be too busy to sit around and eat. The bad news is, I can barely walk because I've worked out so hard in the last two days. (I have REALLY missed my workouts and I've overdone it a bit, I think!) It should be fun trying to run around to all the places I have to go without waddling! I can't wait to see the ribbing I'll get from all my bandmates tonight! Ha!

What a wonderful way to start the day, at a place where I know I'm in good company!!!

To everyone: I am so excited to see all of the awesome posts from yesterday! I read them all, and I am so grateful to have a place like this where we all come and support each other! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all.

Pam - becareful on the ankle...ligaments are the slowest to heal...don't over do it
lauren - that seems like an awful low amount of calories for you weight. I'm currently at 1600 -1700 a dau amd was loosing (before the holidays) with that.
kar - its ok if you had a small piece...we all have an small indulgence every now and then. Sorry for you that the game didn't turn out better...however of corse, me being a gator fan, i was rooting for LSU...even though i hate them...but had to root for the SEC.
esk - take some ibuprophen and ice down the sorest areas (yes ice not heat). then take a slow walk today. My personal trainer has me lightly work an area we worked hard the previous day. She has a masters in sports therapy and she says that it help to move the lactic acid (the stuff that causes the soreness) out of the muscles.

off to work...good luck all!!!!

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 01-08-2008 at 07:47 AM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:28 AM   #6  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Just poppin in to say Good morning to everyone. day 2 week 2 for me and typing it all out seems to be helping to keep me on track. was up late so I needed a cup of coffee this morning (wasted some calories there) but thats better than feeling like crap all day because I started out bad , and I have to have some energy to chase the 2 year old around all morning

Last week this time it was negative 10 degrees with the wind chill and today its suppose to be 57 (welcome to New England!) so I will likely have a nice walk this afternoon before my daughters nap. I talked someone out of a stationary bike and am picking that up Saturday so weather won't matter as much and I can still get in some movement when I get it.

I will be working on some stuff on the laptop today so I will pop in a bit later to see how everyone is doing! Until then...

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good Morning All!

Whew! We had a rough night. Six year old was up all night crying, sore throat and headache, guess its going thru school. That means everyone in my house is going to have it, yipee! I did not want to get up this morning but I have a very busy day ahead. I have to take my Jr. high daughter to the eye doctor, Gabe to the Ped., and I still have to go get dresses for us girls for the funeral tomorrow. I don't have a dress, I don't buy dresses for my daughters, what kind of woman am I?

I'm glad to see there are so many people on here with so much enthusiasm and willing to offer advice and encouragement. You guys ROCK!

I haven't done anything this morning except regular morning stuff, you know breakfast, dishes, and oops I had two cups of coffee this morning. I did weigh in this morning and I lost 4lbs this past week. I always have a big first week and then we go into slooooow mode. As long as I can lose 2lbs a week I'll be content.

Gotta go, try to check in later, all the running around today is gonna wreck my eating plan for the day, wish me luck. Have a great day, try not to get blown away if you live in an area thats as windy as mine is right now.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!!

Yesterday was rough, but I am motivated for today. It should be a pretty typical day at school. Then after school I am headed to the gym.

Trish-sorry abou the kiddo being sick and your schedule sounds exhausting.

Lisa-way to go on meeting your goal for calories

Have a great day!!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! It sounds like everyone is up and at it this a.m.

Christina - there is a trainer named Patrick Goudeau who has an aerobic workout on the stability balls - I watched one of his shows and now do some of the moves while watching tv. You can sitting jumping jacks, bouncing with arms pumping, marching with arms, etc. to get your heart rate up. It is kind of fun - sometimes I end up with my 21 month old joining me on it!

Trish - congratulations on your weight loss! Hope DD feels better.

My show is coming on to do my work out - so, hello to everyone else. Have a good day...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Good Morning All!

Glad to hear that everyone is getting their exercise in. I just can't seem to get moving. It is supposed to be in the high 60's here today (who would have thought) so i might try to do some yardwork. I have girl Scouts tonight and I haven't even gotten our stuff together yet.

pmasci... For my sisters shower I am doing the covered candy bars, tea bags, mini candy bars and mintbooks. Also I am going to do a paint can as a gift. This is my first time doing any of this so we will see how it turns out. It is killing me sitting here with all of this candy...lol.

trish... a bug just finished going through my house and it is no fun. Good Luck with your doctors visits. Congrats on the weight loss.

Kerry... how do you like the walk and kick? I got it just before the holidays and I haven't had a chance to do it yet. I was doing the express walk and the walk away your waist and I love them.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #11  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all,

Another dreary foggy day here. It makes you just want to stay in bed all day. But I can't do that. The kids are up and the husband is gone. The son is off to school and the daughter is eating her yogurt. That is all she has wanted for breakfast lately. Even the cats are asleep. I need to clean house today...yuck. I ran on the treadmill last night. I added a minute to my time. Time to get that back down. I worked out for a total of 45 minutes again. I am doing pretty good watching what I eat. I still have to be careful or I will start mindless snacking. I do it in the evening the most. I am looking forward to starting school next week so that I am out of the house but , I hate having all the homework and no time for anything else. Well I better started. Talk to all soon.

Dawn
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #12  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, so many posts so early in the morning! (Not that it's early, but this is GREAT for this time of day!!)

I know it's only 10 am, but I'm eating a salad and a baked potato. It's just what I wanted. Being bad and having ranch dressing, though.

I'll be busy later today, I hope. I'm watching my two year old and someone else's two year old right now....wait, I won't be any busier later than right now! LOL (2) Two year olds....what the heck am I doin on a computer?? LOL I'll be painting later, as soon as I get to the store and buy some paint. I'm sore from all the crawling around and climbing up and down I've been doing while priming the room we're painting. Guess I've gotten more exercise than I'd thought! YIPPEE!

Have a GREAT on target day, everyone! Keep up those posts...they help me sooo much to stay motivated!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #13  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

GainingWeightInLa two 2 year olds! I feel for you lol I have 1 and she keeps me on my toes.

Beautiful 60 degrees outside, went for a 20 min walk with my daughter and her scooter, and ended up carrying her and the scooter for more than half of the walk , its just too bad the weather won't hold up it's suppose to rain the next few days and then get cold again next week (neither of which make for good walking with toddler weather) the bike I am picking up Saturday will surely help a lot. anyways just thought I would check in again since I had a few minutes.

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

LOOK AT ALL THOSE POSTS!!!

I've got #1 home today. Went to the Dr. and had the "he does not have RAD" argument again. Depending on how much the meds cost, I may call back and ask to speak with one of the Drs. I like.

So my day of getting things organized and ready for work tomorrow have been shot to you know where. And forget studying...ain't gonna happen.

Alicia, I keep forgetting to answer your question from a few days ago. Robby's doing much better, it's Peter sick now. And we have not found our guest. We think there's 2 though...something small, like a mouse, and something big, like a squirrel. DH threw one of those blue blocks behind the dishwasher and someone nibbled on it last night. It's supposed to starve them by making them not want to eat or drink. Whatever, as long as it starves outside!! Other than that, there hasn't been much noise going on lately.

It's gorgeous today, supposed to get into the mid-60's! I only had to wear my fleece jacket over a long sleeve shirt today! Sigh...makes me wish for Spring, already!

OK, I'm off to try and get stuff done!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lauren, I like the link! BTW, what is RAD?

Christina, I'm thinking of you today and hoping the Dr. has good news!

Pam, your son is an early riser. Takes after Mom? Def wouldn't pass up the $10 gym.

Kerry, hope your weigh in goes well.

Everyone I am missing, sorry I'll try to post something later.

Having a rough day. DS was hysterical this am when it was time for school (not like him). So I kept him home. Not sure if I should of. I told him he will have to go tomorrow though. Anyways, haven't gotten any exercise in yet. I am gonna try for the walk after DD gets home and can stay w/DS.

I lucked out last night, DH made dinner for us. I couldn't turn it down, ya know? But the rest of the day was good. Still working on it I guess.

Hope everyone is having a good one!
Alicia

Last edited by lois lane; 01-08-2008 at 02:09 PM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote