3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Single Thirty somethings!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/129711-single-thirty-somethings.html)

neurotictigg 02-28-2008 09:50 PM

Apparently you have to have at least 25 posts under your belt and have been a member for 30 days before you can add one. I want one too but alas I have to wait

neurotictigg 02-29-2008 08:52 PM

Well tomorrow is the big day..March 1st

March Goals

1. stop drinking pop
2. bring lunch to work each day
3. increase water intake

Not going to be easy but nothing worth it ever is

Persistent Pam 03-01-2008 01:05 PM

Helllooo.

Oh...okay (about the weight loss chart) I guess Ihave to wait. That's okay.

Well counting calories is amazingly different way to diet. I'm being more careful with what I eat. Today I made an amazing soup:

1/4 Cup Chopped Chicken=67 Calories;
1 CupTomatoJuice=50 Calories;
1/2 Tlbs GrapeSeedOil=40 Calories;
1/2 cup Chopped Cauliflower=14 Calories;
1/2 cup Chopped Zucchini=15Calories;
1/4 cup Chopped Spinach = 7 Calories;
1/4 cup BrownRice=54 Calories
1/8 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp cumin

I doubled the recipe so that I would have enough for dinner.
add everything in a pot (chicken raw) and bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes. Before serving I added 1tlbsMargerine=70Calories;
All of it is only 310 Calories!!! I alsa added an Oatmeal Square (I need dessert)

Wow. It's the weirdest thing. I'm able to stop eating. It might be because I'm eating regular meals and lots of veggies.

I have a problem too. I'm weighing myself every day after my workout. I'd rather not but it's a bit addictive. So far it's only after my work out and no more. But I don't want to become fixated on the scale. Also if I don't lose weight I don't want to be depressed about it. (Of course you'll all hear about it if I don't lose.) Tues will be two weeks. So I will officially weigh and record that day. My goal is to lose my weight by July1, 2008. I have to find a way to be okay will slow weight loss. I don't want to become fixated or obcessed about this.

I've been on 3 interviews for this one job. So I might get it. So that will keep me busy then...anyway...enough rambling...

jenjen 03-01-2008 02:24 PM

Hey gang. Hope y'all are having a great weekend.

Pam, Try to not obsess too much over your scale weight---easier said than done, I know. I weigh daily, but only take an "official weight" on Wednesday each week. It's too hard for me not to weigh daily. I'd love to see some of the recipes. I love to bake & cook. It's actually my stress reliever. And good luck on the job hunt!

Wendy, Congrats on the loss. That's great! You should be proud of yourself.

Genny, Welcome to the group! I enjoy being single, most of the time. I like not having to answer to anyone...not worrying about having to rush home, because someone is depending on me. It gets lonely sometimes, but I have great friends...married & single. I've learned to do things on my own if I really want to do them. Good luck on your goals. I've cut out a lot of diet soda. I have maybe one a week, vs. one a day. I also take my lunch to work. Not only do I eat healthier that way, but I save $$$ too!

Dinner out Thursday night was fun. A group of us go out about once a month trying different restaurants. This time it was a Brazalian restaurant where they bring different meats, fruits, & veggies to the table & carve off what you want. I had a mojito & lots of water. The food was good, but I could tell by the time I got home I had way too much salt. I felt so dehydrated.

How are the rest of you doing?

Have a great rest of the weekend!

wennygrrl 03-01-2008 03:36 PM

Well the detox is over as of last night. :carrot: Tonight I am going out with a friend to have a cocktail to celebrate! I managed to lose 6lbs on the detox even with it being my TOM. :D

I went to water aerobics with a good friend of mine that is having a difficult time of late. She kind of drifted from her weight loss path and got stuck. Right now I am just trying to be as encouraging as possible. We had made plans to go to aqua class last night and she called me this morning and asked if I wanted to go to breakfast instead. I convinced her to go to aqua class and if she still wanted to go out to breakfast I would go with her afterwards. She agreed and by the time class was over she was feeling better and we each had some chocolate skim milk and went our separate ways.

If you're wondering about the chocolate milk, my trainer told me the best food to eat following a workout was an 8oz glass of chocolate milk. (Evidently it has the right ratio of carbs to protein for muscle synthesis.)

Pam, your obsession with the scale is a common one. Most people that I have chatted with weigh everyday, but only officially weigh-in once a week. At one time I had a great obsession with my scale, and it was so bad that I gave it to a friend of mine for safe keeping. I try to only weigh once a week. The only scales I can access are at my gym and they are in the trainers office. My trainer gives me **** if he sees me going in there on any day but weigh-in day, so to save myself a scolding I try to avoid the area. Once I reach my goal and go in to maintanence mode I will weigh more frequently so that I can keep a handle on everything, but for right now the weekly thing works really well.

Genny, welcome to the group. Your goals for March sound great. It is important to take things one step at a time so you don't get overwhelmed and just bag it all.

Jen, i am glad you had fun on Thursday. A group of my girlfriends get together every month as well and try a new restaurant. We call it GNO or Girl's Night Out. All of them, but me are either in a serious relationship, engaged or married. However, I think a number of them envy the fact that I am single and hearing some of their stories I don't blame them. Anyway, we went to a Sushi place on Thursday. I didn't drink, but had a lot of water and salmon and tuna sashimi (which translates to strips of raw salmon and yellowfin tuna). It was delicious, but like you I felt dehydrated due to the sodium in the soy sauce. I am trying to cut out the soy when I eat asian food, but it is difficult.

Anyway, it is finally a nice day out and I am thinking of going for a nice long walk. Have a great weekend ladies!!

Goldm00n 03-01-2008 10:38 PM

I dont think I can say I love this Forum enough! I just keep finding more and more groups to join! Pam your soup sounds great! Wennygrrl I love sushi! my favorite is the eel close second would be tuna i think. Genny your goals sound great! I just recently got MOSTLY off the soda myself, i am now drinking iced green tea and i can tell a huge difference in how i feel. I still have one diet coke a day because its just easier with my work enviroment but it was a major change for me!

Great group!

neurotictigg 03-01-2008 10:49 PM

Hello all

Pam: I completly simpathize with the whole " i cant stop myself bit" I have obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd) and although I dont get hooked on looking at the scale. I constatly mess with my hair trying tomake it "perfect"

Wenny: The chocolate milk tidbit was great I love chocolate milk and I am always wondering what to eat after a work out.
I did well today I didnt eat any donuts (there is a timmis downstairs from my work) and 1 diet pop. I drank about 3 glasses of water and ill drink one more before bed.

I want to get healthy for soooo many reasons. My mom just found out she had a mild heartattack and also I have crohns which mean that my food consumptions choices sometimes affect my being sick.

Thnks for the support ladies

Goldm00n 03-01-2008 11:36 PM

Neurotictigg - HEY! I must have gotten mixed up in names. I am bad with the scale myself.... I weight my lightest for the day 10 mins after i wake up in the morning.... dont ask me how i figured that out... I am better now but only because i have slowed down losing. Good for you for wanting to get healthy! I got out of a bad relationship in August and I quit smoking and went on a diet all in the same day.... here i am how many months later and i am still not smoking (thank god) and i am still losing even if its at a snails pace.. You should really try the iced Green tea! its great

wyoming 03-02-2008 01:17 AM

Speaking of Drinking...

I'm just writing to say hi! I'm 30 and I live in NYC, just starting my journey towards losing my weight permanently - no more yo yo!

I've been looking at the things I consume and I just had a big DUH moment - I never really thought about the cocktails I drink and the CRAZY calories they contain. Knowledge is power I guess.

Does anybody follow any rules or have any tips that have worked for them? I don't want to cut alcohol out completely - it's way too knit into the social time.

In other drink news, I've been off soda for about a month now. I started drinking fizzy mineral water instead - I found out it was the bubbles I was craving more than anything else!

neurotictigg 03-02-2008 03:35 PM

Try light beer instead of regular or if your a mixed drink girl mix with diet pop instead or soda water

wennygrrl 03-02-2008 06:15 PM

Hey ladies!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I had a FANTASTIC one!!:D I went out last night with a friend of mine to celebrate the end of my detox and the weight I had lost. We stopped in at my favorite local dive bar to have a cocktail and all of a sudden the men just came out of the woodwork. I am normally quite shy, but I just decided to keep myself open, happy and enjoyed all of the attention.

While in the bar I ran into my ex of about 2 years. We haven't seen each other since last summer. He knew that I was on this health kick, but not much else. We were trying to do the being friend thing, but we were too busy to keep it up, or at least he was. Anyway, I digress, I was coming out of the ladies room when I saw him. I totally wasn't expecting to run into him. He is a recovering alcoholic and so a bar was the last place I thought he'd be. (There was some goodbye party for a friend of his). Anyway as I passed him I waved. He glanced at me and then did a double take and looked very perplexed. He then approached me and told me that he almost didn't recognize me that I had changed so much! I can't tell you how elated that statement made me. One of my guilty little goals was to make such a positive change on the outside and inside that he would be shocked! :devil: I guess I succeeded!! Whoo Hooo!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Besides my ex, a good friend of mine (yes, I've slept with him:flame:) was trying to get me to go home with him. (I think it bothered him that my ex was there. We kind of "got together" to each get over our exs.) Also his friend was hitting on me and asked for my number. There was also my girlfriend, who picked up this guy in the bar, and HIS friend asked for my number. Needless to say, my girlfriend and I didn't pay for a drink all night.

Wyoming, in response to your question about low cal choices for alcohol, neurotigg had some good suggestions. Depending on the drinks you prefer you could also try club soda, sparkling water, or diet tonic water. Personally I have started to just drink straight alcohol on the rocks. I find this way I slow down, savor my drink and the calories are much more controlable. My favorite is Grey Goose on the rocks with a twist of lime. 2 ounces of vodka only has 124 calories. So I am able to consume quite a bit without blowing my deficit. Last night I was quite toasted and I had less than 400 calories.

I hope everyone has a great week!! Stay positive!:D

wyoming 03-02-2008 07:03 PM

You go girl!

Rock on about your bar story! That is awesome!!

Your tip about on the rocks makes the most sense so far. I tend to go out for a long time and it won't be as easy to sling them back when I'm dealing with straight spirits. Thanks!

ViolinJenn 03-02-2008 08:34 PM

Hello Ladies:wave:

Well I've had a bit of a quite weekend, mainly because I'm broke, but I needed to give my apartment a good minor spring cleaning and cook some meals in advance. I made a new reciepe, Ginger Red Lentil Soup. It wasn't an exact recipe but I was able to use it as a guide. It came out quite tasty but I used to much water and the lentils mushed. Oh well! It's still a good dinner after one of my intense workouts. Full of protein and veggies!:hun::hun:

Well it was my first week counting calories and I have to say....making sure I eat enough is difficult! It did yield some great results! I lost 5pounds! Now all I need to do is keep losing and break thru this up and down cycle!

I still haven't heard from my online chemist guy!:shrug::shrug: But he did take about a week before to respond and you don't send a girl an email like he did and not check for a response. I think that he may be playing that "I am the man I am the hunter" thing!

But it's been uneventfull otherwise!

Welcome newbies!:wel3fc::welcome2::welcome::welcome3:

neurotictigg 03-03-2008 11:34 PM

Hey Girls

Well Im on day three of no Pop and its not as bad as i thought. The true test will be if and when i have pizza. I dont think ive told you all this be fore but i have crohns and although i usually dont have any major issues, the last few days have been yucky..i have a stitch in my side i cant get rid of and i feel bloated to all ****!!!!!

Wenny: Good to here you had a nice night out..we all need one of those every once in a while.

Well i am off to bed early. I have my first conselling appoinment tomorrow and i dont want to be half asleep for it.

Persistent Pam 03-04-2008 06:58 PM

Well today is my official day 15! I've lasted this long, which is huge for me. I weighed myself and have lost about 3 lbs. I'm down to 159.5 (I'm 5'4"). So I'm really glad I've been doing this. I already feel so much better. Its amazing how "powerful" or accomplished I feel just sticking to my diet for 2 weeks. I love it.

You know how they say "weight" is for a protection. Its been my choice in the past to eat instead of living (I think all my negative self talk was making my life more difficult than it should be). So every day that I am on my diet, I'm reminding myself that I am choosing to live over hiding in the food.

Its amazing, Since I'm counting the calories, I've been able to do this. Its very weird. I try to have about 4 meals of about 300-400 Calories. (I've only been doing that 1 week). But its working.

I'm meeting a friend tonight. Oh I broke up with my boyfriend about 3 weeks ago...that had caused a binge. Then:carrot: I met another guy last night and he's really interested in me. Right after talking to him I went and ate something...It was so automatic. It wasn't much. But I was glad that I was aware of it. I think its the fear of being like/success will set me off as well. I need to learn how to deal with that instead of running to food.