Old 02-08-2008, 01:09 AM   #91  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I am a 30-something and have recently jumped back into the dating scene. I actually went out with someone last night for the first time in a LONG time - well, since my ex and we were together for over 5 years. I would love to talk to others who are going through the same stuff.

Amy - Where in CT are you? Isn't this weather weird? Where is the snow? Is it February or what?
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey Gang! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Amy, Way to go by being strong. Those are great acheivements. You should be proud.

NotTheCheat, Welcome. Please jump right on in!

My friend & I went to Chili's yesterday. I ended up getting one of the burgers. But, the good news is I cut it in 1/2 put the other 1/2 in a to-go container. I ate about 1/2 the fries too. This morning I threw the other 1/2 of the burger away. A couple of months ago, I would have scarfed down the entire burger & fries & been looking for more!

As far as exercising, I have to talk myself into it daily. But, once I get into it, I'm so glad I did it. I'm hoping this weekend will be pretty so I can walk outside along the beach. I still haven't gotten into the weights. It's a bit intimidating. All these buff guys are in the mirrors watching themselves. I'm just a bit too self-conscious right now...

Any big weekend plans? I'm going to make marshmallows for nephews & maybe bake some cookies and freeze them for when I go to my parents next weekend...I love to bake, the hard part is staying strong. But honestly, the stuff I make doesn't taste nearly as good as the stuff someone else makes.

Have a great Friday & weekend!
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:27 PM   #93  

Where are all the singles???

It's been a decent week so far. I baked this weekend and only ate one cookie. I put the rest in the freezer & will take them to my parents, so the temptation will be gone.

Hopefully, I will have lost the 2 pounds I gained & a little more. I've really tried to focus hard on just eating better and continuing to work out.

I had a small goal today. The pants I wore to work today have fit well in the past...not tight, not loose--just right. Well, today when I was standing talking to someone, I noticed them slipping down just a bit. I was so excited!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Just had to add that I lost the 2 pounds I gained last week & another 2 pounds. So far, 14 pounds!

Last edited by jenjen; 02-13-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: add weigh-in numbers
Old 02-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 260/170/160

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Ladies!

Not much to report here execpt my weight loss fustrations lately. Since January I've put on 10pounds! It is "that time of the month" for me this week and I think that is where 5 of it is! It's fustrating feeling my pants get tight when I'm doing everything humanly possible. So I figured I'll just focus on staying on my meal plan from the now defunked LAWL and getting to the gym 4 days a week/1.5 hours a day. Hopefully it'll all catch up next week. I'm trying to not get too down on myself because my mom was right this past weekend, I haven't hit a rough patch like this in a very long time. So I due. Maybe I need to add another protein bar to my day? I weight train 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes. LOL...I know there is muscle under all this fat somewhere! HA! I know....it's hibernating for the winter and waiting till spring to make an appearance! But I'll hold off on that for a few weeks and see how I do once this is all over with.

Later...
Jenn
ViolinJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #95  
On the road to find out..

S/C/G: 340/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I was so excited when I saw this thread. I just decided today to check out the 30 something forum, and I found a place I feel right at home. I can relate to so much that is being said.

I have only had one serious relationship in my life. I don't know if that was due to the fact that men had the problem with my weight or that I did/do. Confidence for me is key and it is the one thing I am concentrating on this year.

I have managed to lose 80lbs in the last 14 months, and my self-confidence has skyrocketed, but can still be a bit shaky when it comes to guys. I have always be the "friend". I can't tell you how many guys I have had a crush on ask me to find out if my girlfriend is interested in them. Just recently I ran into a friend of mine and he did a huge double-take. He just couldn't stop starring and telling me how fantastic I looked. We've hung out a lot lately and we've been friends for 10 years and have a lot of history and catching up to do, but I think I am also really enjoying the harmless flirting and ego boost. Is that wrong of me?

Anyway, I am rambling on. I can't wait to get to know you girls better.

TTFN,

Wendy
wennygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #96  

Welcome Wendy!

Congratulations on the weightloss! I've lost 85 pounds myself. A bit stuck for now, but I'll get through it.

Enjoy the thread!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #97  

Hey gang!

Jenn, Hang in there! You're done so well. Maybe try switching up your workouts or food intake. Are you eating enough? If you're working out that hard, maybe you need more food.

Welcome Wendy. Glad to have you with our group. And, no it's not wrong of you to shamelessly flirt & get a much needed ego boost! Your weight loss is amazing.

Well, I did pretty good today. My coworker brought in cookies--I had one, but stayed on plan other than that. Didn't work out tonight because I had to pack up to go out of town tomorrow. I have to leave early in the morning for a doctor's appt and then I'm heading to my parents'.

Wish me luck because my mom is a "feeder". She equates food with love--and I'm truly her daughter because I'm the exact same way. She has started to cook much healthier in recent years. My problem is her home cooking is just too dang good that it's more about portion control. But, I've packed up instant oatmeal & 100 calorie snack packs to keep me from eating the goodies (she always has baked stuff around!)

So, if I don't check in until Monday, have a great weekend!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:54 PM   #98  
girl in the public eye!

S/C/G: 270/262/140

Height: 5'5

Hey ladies-- wellcome newbies!!! So awesome you joined and I am looking forward to getting to know you too!

Jen-- I heard you on the period stuff-- it sucks!!! Stay strong!

Jenn-- So excited about your weight loss!!

I have been so out of it ladies..I am hitting that point..you know that point where you are teetering on stopping. I have been sick and that has been making it harder. But I have to be committed to this. I called a friend of mine whose best friend is a personal trainer. I just need to get someone to kick my *** because there is no way I am going to be in shape to do some of the stuff I need to do this summer.

I used to sail and I am getting back into it this year with a friend of mine. And there is no way I am going to be able to do some of this stuff in the shape I am in right now.

Sorry ladies I am just venting right now. I need to just kick it up like 10 notches. The weather is killing me..being sick and just unmotivated all together. I would rather just sit on the couch and watch tv and be a hermit for a few weeks.

With all that being said I have kept the weight off that I have lost and I think just maybe I might have lost one more pound. THANK GOD!

I am making a personal committment tonight to check in here once a day for accountability. So don't be surprised if you see a bunch of posts from me.

Man I just got to do this...I have been the fatchick-- the friend all my life. Man I am 31 years old I just can't do it anymore! Its gotta change! You know what I mean? LOL you know it would be so much easier if we never had to eat again. I think I wouldnt have a problem. Its like being a coke addict and having to have just a little bit every day. Insanity I tell you insanity.

Ok I am a little cranky because I haven't kissed anyone in a while. LOL Jeeish I am just all over the place tonight. But this is what is going on in my head.

I am thinking of going on a private retreat this weekend just to remove myself from distractions and get back my focus.

I will keep you all posted. Thank you ladies for letting me jsut vent!!!
belleamiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #99  
girl in the public eye!

hey ladies--

Checking in-- called the personal trainer working on setting up an initial appointment. Am on track for today!!! Sticking to the plan.

Hope you all have a good weekend-- Amy
Old 02-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #100  

Hey everyone-

I just got back from the gym and I can't even begin to express how frustrated I am!!!!

Friday is my weigh-in day and once again I am up 1 pound. I don't understand how this is possible! I am averaging about 1900-2000 calories a day and burning approximately 2800-3100 calories a day. This gives me a daily calorie deficit of approximately 250-800 calories. I would have thought I lost at least a pound. Just in case I measured my fat to be sure it wasn't water weight, and well, no it isn't water. What the !!

I talked with my former personal trainer who has been helping me out now with workouts to do on my own and who I am still reporting to for accountability (just not paying), and he said that he wasn't sure and asked me what I have been doing for my workouts?

I told him that I worked out 5 times this week for at least 1-1.5 hours, including both cardio and full body weight/functional training. He seemed very satisfied by this and proposed that I may want to do a detox. Have any of you guys ever done one? He has done one before and it worked great and is planning to do one next week. He told me he would research them and get me more info. Right now I will do just about anything.

I really just want to give up, but the leaner, meaner side of me is just bound and determined to figure this out. Anyway, I think he felt so sorry for me he decided to work me out for free today. I forgot how challenging his workouts can be. Today he made me do dips off the bench with my feet on a stability ball. Ouch! I had NO idea I could do those. Anyway I am rambling on. It is nice to have a place where I can vent and I thank you all for listening. Now in response to earlier posts...

Amy- Great idea to go with a trainer. They give you great accountability. I loved my personal trainer! I worked with him for a year and it made a world of difference. However, just like with relationships you have to find the one you click with. DON'T EVER SETTLE!! If they're good they'll kick your butt, but let you complain about it if you want. They may tell you if you have breath enough to complain you're not working hard enough though. My trainer said that a lot. I just learned to grin and bare it and found out that I could do much, much more than I ever thought I could (i.e. the dips with the ball). I switched to complaining before and after the workouts.

Jen- Good luck with the parents thing. My mom is also a great baker, and sweets are my downfall. The one thing I have going for me is that my mom is very respectful of my current journey and incredibly supportive. She doesn't hide the sweets when I come over, but they aren't sitting out on the table either. I also make a point of having those great 100 cal packs around for just such occasions. I hope you have a great weekend!

Jenn- I am feeling where you are coming from. Maybe it is common for those of us who have lost a lot of weight and our bodies just need to readjust, but it is totally frustrating. The sad thing for me is I can't blame any of it on my period. Who know's? Keep at it and I am sure it will all come off again! That is what I am telling myself on a hour by hour basis. You have done an incredible job and you are getting nearer and nearer to your goal. Have faith!

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend. I am planning on focusing on myself this weekend and plan to get back out there next week. However I don't think I will meet too many "quality" men where I tend to hang out. Maybe I need to find a new hang-out, huh?

Take care,

Wendy
Old 02-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #101  
girl in the public eye!

Hey Wendy--

Keep going!!!! You have come so far. You might just be hitting a plateau. I have done the detox stuff before and I LOVE IT. I did my first one a few years ago and I think probably do one at least once a year. They are a little difficult to stick with BUT you feel amazing afterwards. When you figure out if you are goin to do it or not the best thing is to start on Friday so you have the weekend. You will get sick especially if you have alot of caffeine in your diet. The first two days you will have headaches and just feel all around crappy thats all the junk coming out in your body. But then usually on the third day you will wake up feeling amazing. I always get angry with myself when I slip back into normal habits because the way you are after detox is just so great!

okay so today has been pretty good except for the fact that I had some mashed potatos with dinner and few glasses of wine. Other than that I have been 100% on plan today!!! woo hoo. And I am trying to meet with the personal trainer in the next 3 days so I can get that going ASAP.

Here we go with another day tomorrow-- my mini accomplishment today is that I haven't dipped into any Vday candy and because I have a slight buzz going on I have the munches but I am not going to entertain it!!! Woo hoo.

Talk to you later ladies!

-Amy
Old 02-18-2008, 07:58 PM   #102  

Hey gang! I survived the weekend w/the folks! Eating wasn't too bad. My mom's very supportive and the meals were always well balanced except for left-over fried chicken, but I pulled the skin off! And, I tried to fill up on veggies & fruit instead of meat & potatoes.

Amy, good for you for calling the trainer. You're on your way. I understand about not kissing for a while. There are times I really miss the companionship...just to have someone there...

Wendy, I did a juice fast for like 3 days about a year ago. It wasn't too hard...just lots of fruit & vegetable juices and water. I also did the detox phase of Fat Smash Diet. THAT was harder for me. For some reason, the cutting out caffeine almost killed me. I laughed about hanging out in places that do not provide quality men. Totally understand.

Jenn, Hope you're hanging in there.

Well ladies, I have something to admit. I saw my ex before I headed out of town on Friday. It was great to see him & so comfortable. We went to lunch & made out a bit...bad idea, because now I want to kiss him (or someone!) even more. He's a good guy & we've been friends forever & he's so supportive. We talk a lot, but this was the first time we've seen each other in 3 years (and we live about an hour apart!) I know it wasn't a good idea, but it was such an ego boost.

Hope y'all have a great week. I'll get back in the swing of the gym & working out tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #103  

Just a quick "pop in" to say I've lost 2 more pounds this week. I'm really surprised because I went and ate Mexican food yesterday & didn't hold back. But, I offset it with a long workout so I guess that helped.

Happy Hump Day everyone!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #104  

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback on the detox. I started one this past weekend and it is supposed to last for 2 weeks. So far so good. A lot of it has to do with consuming more fiber and LOTS of water and cutting out certain things like dairy, peanuts, red meat, caffeine, alcohol, etc... I have been OP all week with the exception of last night I had 2 slices of thin crust pizza , however I still stayed within my allotted calories , but the dairy and meat were not great for the detox. Anyway, today has been better. I am not feeling as hungry which has been my biggest issue. Maybe it is all the fiber? I hope everyone is having a great week! Congrats Jen on the weight loss! WTG!!!

~Wendy
Old 02-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #105  

Hello Ladies

Well I think I figured out why I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. I gained all 5 back this past week and decided that I needed to start at step one. I know that I'm burning approximately 2000 calories a week. So I found a weight loss calculator online and it says that I need 1876 cals for fat loss and 1440 for rapid weight loss. I then wrote down everything that I ate today and added up the calories. Well it turns out I've been averaging about 1200 cals a day. So I changed my dinner plans and had a higher calorie dinner with a few extra carbs. But starting Sat when I get more Balance Bars, I'm going to add an extra one in. I eat one on days I go to the gym, so I figure that's an easy 210 cals that should bring me up to the rapid fat loss range.

While I'm glad I figured it out, it's a little scary how easily I can just eat so little! It does explain the tiredness, lightheadedness and dizzynes I've had lately.

I'm still doing the online dating thing. It's not really working that well for me. I refuse to settle though. I eat healthy and get my butt to the gym 6hours a week. I refuse to settle for someone who is inactive, eats fast food and doesn't take care of themselves! The results may not show as much on the outside, but internally I'm extremely healthy! There is one guys profile that I really like, but I'm not expecting any kind of response. I emailed him and he did look at my profile, but that's about it. His loss I say! Not to be arragent or cocky, but he's missing out on a great person(Me) by just judging on pictures and not looking at what we write about ourselves.

Other than that, I'm still a perment resident of cloud nine about getting accepted to Temple University! Can't wait to start!

Congrats on the weight loss Jen!
For the rest of us...Let's go ladies let'sexercise, eat healthy and let's look healthy, killer sexy and have our pic of intellegent, good hearted men!