Single Thirty somethings!!!!

You're on Page 20 of 20
Go to
  • Hi ladies!! I'm also new to the site. I am hopeful you dont mind my "crashing" the 30 something, I'm 29- will be 30 in September.

I read through the last few pages of posts... I love the valentines to yourselves. My valentine's day gift was leaving a relationship that wasn't fulfililng. He was a fantastic man, but just not "the one" so I ended it.

I'm doing ww, or trying at least, and I agree... so hard when out social. Wine and beer (oh, how I love beer) are horrible diet wreckers but I am not willing to give them up. I like nights out at the bars with the girls! THe other thing that makes it so hard is I'm in school part-time for my masters while working full time... I know the moms out there have it worse than I do, I'm not saying I'm the busiest person in the world, but this is the busiest i have been. i do not have a 9-5 job, my job is high-pressure and demands a lot of late nights and weekends... so trying to get the most out of school makes it tricky. working out is tough... trying to get it in as much as I can. What I'm missing th emost is sleep... just wish I could sleep more.

Anyway, LOVE this thread!! Looking forward to hearing all about everyone's fun times!
  • Welcome Ladies!

Thought I'd drop by and see what everyone is up to. So what's going on with everyone? Exercising and eating well I hope!

I'm still on the hunt for a new job. I was at another agency on Monday where the temp recruiter had a position that she submitted my resume for. She said that they were expecting to hear back by the end of the week, which is today. So hopefully I'll get good news sometime today or Monday. It's a job that I think has alot of potential and I'm excited about it.
    I also applied for two more jobs just earlier this afternoon. I like to think that job hunting is like speghetti, you have to throw your resume on the wall and see what sticks!

I started counting calories again on Monday after getting on the scale and nearly dying! I gained 15lbs at the Palace of Doom I used to work at! None of my clothes fit either. So I'm sticking to 1200cals-1500cals and using Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds dvd's interchanging 2 and 3 mile dvds. I'm not expecting to lose anything this week it's that dreaded "that time of the month". But I'll get on the scale on Monday just to keep myself from falling off the wagon.

I'm starting to study for my Pre-Calc mid-term today. The exam is on the
    25th and I didn't want to start too early, but I did catch up on some homework this week though.

I do need to ask all of you for a favor. Please wish me luck, send me luck, keep me in your prayers that I find a great new job soon!
  • Violin Jenn, good luck on the job search!

Is anyone watching Tough Love on VH1? What did you guys think?
  • grneyed--I watched Tough Love. I thought it was interesting. Hey Back2Basics, sounds like your daughter and my son have the same idea. lol....My son is 14 and I thought he would be crazy about someone new, but he just asks when I'm gonna get a boyfriend...lol..I told him, when I'm ready.
  • Quote: grneyed--I watched Tough Love. I thought it was interesting. Hey Back2Basics, sounds like your daughter and my son have the same idea. lol....My son is 14 and I thought he would be crazy about someone new, but he just asks when I'm gonna get a boyfriend...lol..I told him, when I'm ready.
    I think I have some serious undiagnosed "dating" issues, and I would TOTALLY pay for a retreat similar to what they're going through. That first challenge (the walk around the pool) was ROUGH though.

If I was on a show similar to Tough Love, I'm sure I would have been very angry and/or upset at the criticism aimed my way. I'm sure some of the criticism would have included that I "needed to take better care of my body" and maybe (this is my own "diagnosis" of why I have such trouble dating) that I give off "unapproachable" energy.

In a nutshell, I think I am "Ms. Party Girl" combined with "Ms. Lone Ranger", with a touch of "Ms. Caretaker" (the one who's always trying to fix "broken" guys) sprinkled in.
  • Hope you are have a good time here!
  • Grneyed:
    I don't think I could have done the "pool walk" either. The criticism would have been harsh for sure, but when I think about it, we are our own worst critics anyway. I'm more Ms. Lone Ranger than anything, I had some serious commitment issues, but I've dealt with them. I used to be Ms. Caretaker, but after my mom died, that was it for that one.

After I lost my mother I took two years to grieve her and find out what the problem is with me. I didn't date anyone, wouldn't. Last year, I decided I was ready (around Nov.). That's when I met someone that I have been dating since, its a slow process and I am EXTREMELY cautious about it.
  • Hi Everyone, I'm back...I was here in July I guess. And was losing weight. I'm not too happy with my self. In Oct I weighed 146lbs. Then I was actually finally content with my weight. But then I had a knee injury, and then I rec'd some traumatic news. So in Oct I stopped exercising and at the same time started emotional eating. The emotional eating lasted til December. I went up to 170 lbs. So I gained 24 lbs.

I thought I could just eat normallly and my weight would go back down. Not so. Now for the past month or so I've been trying to diet and the weight is not coming off.

I'm trying to eat more raw food to try and lose weight. So I will be starting for sure tomorrow.

It's hard because I do really well til friday. And then on the weekend I think I start to feel sorry for myself because I live alone. Even though I have invitations to things, I won't go because I don't like my weight...or maybe I just am to afraid and I'm using the weight to isolate.

Anyway. My new goal is to eat raw til dinner and no eating in front of the tv. Its the tv watching and eating that sets me off...
  • Welcome back. Good luck on your goal, I know you can do it.
  • Welcome Back Pam!

Sorry things haven't been going well for you, but you are in good supportive company here!

I too have gained weight back, 15lbs. With a good, healthy clean diet and exercise, we can both reach our goals!

I have a tendancy to emotional eat as well, but I've found that journaling those thoughts, feelings, hopes and fears helps to to not eat. If you have invitations to things, I say go. You were invited for who you are, not your weight. Getting out and having fun with friends is actually a motivator for me.

Stay positive! You can do this!

Jenn
  • Grneyed:
    Did you watch Tough Love last night?
  • Quote: Grneyed:
    Did you watch Tough Love last night?
    I DVR'd it and will be watching tonight. I'm sure I'll have a few interesting observations
  • So I watched Tough Love. I've made a few of those mistakes; most notably, talking about work too much and talking about past relationships (either his or mine). I understand the Lone Ranger's position though. I focus on work because it's one of the few things I think I'm fairly good at, and has become a focus of my life at this point in time.
  • I hear ya on work being a priority... I do the same. I'm good at my job so I tend to spend a lot of time at it... feels good to work at something I'm good at. Now, if only I could spend as much energy on my diet as I do on work...