Old 11-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #256  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Hey, here's a shout out to all the single chicks on Thanksgiving! Hope you're enjoying the holiday.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving orphans this year. Turkey smell throughout the house.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hello,
I'm new to the site and thought I'd introduce myself. 30 and as of yet unmarried but dating. My boyfriend and I pledged to each other that we would increase our exercise and decrease our eating out time. So far we're still trying to get things right but its nice to have the support system. The only problem is that we are also enablers for bad habits, but we recognize that and are slowly getting better. I cook for him as he can't cook and its nice to have him around b/c I call him several times a week just to take a walk. Usually he complains but I get him going with a lot of nagging :-) We also now belong to the same gym. He goes after work and I go before but he's promising to try and get up earlier to go with me!
I cannot work out after working all day. My body just never agrees with me after sitting at my desk all day. Its amazing how much easier it is to go to the gym at 6am versus 6pm... once I'm out of bed of course!

I'm also reorganizing my living space to make room for exercise but also b/c I know that the clutter and disorganization make even going to the gym a difficult endeavor. When i'm disorganized and have to look for htings or have a messy apartment waiting for me at home I have a hard time getting motivated to do anything! Plus its much easier to cook healthy in an organized kitchen!
I have found that weight loss is more than eating well and exercising. It involves a full life makeover.
Anyways, that's the start of my journey. I hope it isn't a false start like the ones I've had before. I have the modest goal of 180 pounds. I know that the charts and BMI calculators would say that that's still overweight but I figure once I get to 180 I will be much healthier and happier and will try to lose more but for now losing 85 pounds sounds like a formidable enough challenge!
Sisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #258  
Ufi
Persistence

Hi! Welcome.

I find that getting up and taking a bit of a stretch or walk (to the bathroom or for a drink of water or something) has really helped my body withstand desk days.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #259  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Height: 5'7"

Hi,

I am Errica and I am have been off and on this site since 2000. I am single but with children. I don't do alot of going out, but I DO GET OUT. I am so glad that someone started a Single 30 something support group but I do not have a DH/fiance/or steady boyfriend to talk about on any of the threads.
erricah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #260  
Ufi
Persistence

Yeah, people seem to talk a lot about their significant others, don't they? And we're sort of left going uh.....
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #261  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I'm a single thirty something! I'm 31, actually. No children, never been married. And no significant other, not even a prospect. But I have a great set of friends though, who keep me sane when the "I'm tired of being alone" bug sets in.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 12-03-2008 at 08:47 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 260/170/160

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Sisi, Erricah and grneyedmustang!

It's wonderfull to meet you all! I'll be taking a leave of absense from the board while I study for my final exam!

Keep the thread alive!

Keep up the gread work!
ViolinJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:17 AM   #263  
No longer super size!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolinJenn View Post
Welcome Sisi, Erricah and grneyedmustang!

It's wonderfull to meet you all! I'll be taking a leave of absense from the board while I study for my final exam!

Keep the thread alive!

Keep up the gread work!
Good luck with your final exam. You can do it!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #264  
Ufi
Persistence

Been feeling bummed lately with the holidays and people making family plans. Any other single chicks dealing with that?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Sorry the holiday's are bumming you out Ufi!

First off, I'm the same ViolinJenn as before but had to re register.

If it makes you feel better, this is the most difficult time of year for me. I have SAD( Seasonal Affective Disorder) and Christmas is the worst time of year for me with that, my ob/gym dianosed me with PMDD as well and I've only been on new meds for that one week and I don't have a lot of friends. It seems that going back to school was a selfish move on my part and few understand the time demands while I find my stride.

BUT! There are a number of positive things! Like....

1. Having more $$ to treat yourself to some cool jewlery or something...(LOL..Um I bought myself a long necklace, cute earrings at the Mall yesterday both for $30! And this am I bought a cute ring on QVC...sterling silver with an opal stone and the sides of the ring have black zebra strips! And a cute brown plaid skrit that was on clearance at Target.com...
Okay I went slightly overboard!

2. Less stress of what to buy others...

3. THe gym is less crowded! So yay to not having to wait for equipment and LOVIN the endorphins!!

4. Time to relax

But I understand what you're getting at. Hearing others discussing the fun times ahead of meeting up and hanging out with friends and family. It does get to me, but try to make the decision to be optimistic about things. They are also likely EXTREMELY stressed out! I'm not!

BTW...Ladies! I just got an email from my instruction this morning regarding my final exam grade and my final grade for the class....

On the exam I got an 86.5%!!!!!!!! (which is much better than I expected. I thought I was gonna fail out and only be quaified for pan handling!) And for my final grade for the class(algebra)....I got a B!

WHOOO HOOO!!! I needed the confidence since I haven't done algebra in 15years and this is my first semester of college in 13years. So next semester is ...Pre-Calculus for Business!!!! I feel confident that I can get good grades!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's and Have a safe New Year Ladies! My brother and I are leaving 5am Tuesday to visit our parents and older sister in Florida!

See you in the New Year!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #266  
No longer super size!!!

ViolinJenn, congrats on the good grade! Hopefully you've got some time to relax before the Pre Cal kicks in. And I'm jealous because you're going to Florida.

Ufi, hang in there, and know that you're not alone! Some of my friends are sensitive to my plight and try not to "rub it in my face" that they're not alone, but there are the few who seem to relish in it. I usually just limit the time I spend with them so I don't start with the "holiday singles blahs".

Happy Holidays to everyone and know that you've got us if you start feeling down...

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 12-22-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #267  
Ufi
Persistence

The time between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day is the worst part of the year for me. I think I've probably got some SAD, too. Thanks for the support, and I hope everyone finds some holiday joy.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:30 AM   #268  

Hi, I'm new here! I'm so happy to have found this thread! I'm single...and happy. For me, I would some day like to get married and pop out a baby or two one day. I've only recently felt that I'm ready for such a thing. Right now, I'm just dating. I haven't had a serious relationship in about a year. Anyway, everyone here seems pretty cool. I don't know if we share goals here, but I'd like to. I'm currently at 155 and would like to lose about 30 pounds...feel healthier and get into a healthier routine. I never work out. It's totally terrible. I'd like to get going the first of the year. I tend to let my job and whatever else get in the way of my doing so. I don't even bring lunch to work. I eat out almost everyday. This really has to stop. Since, I have no family to cook for, I really don't cook at home either.

Well, I guess that's all. Glad to meet you all!

Alli
AlliMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #269  

Smile Happy New Year

Hey Ladies-
I was excited to see a single 30 somethings group on here. I've been struggling with my weight since forever and am trying to win the battle this year!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
martinigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #270  
Ufi
Persistence

Hi, and welcome! How long have you been single?