Old 12-14-2007, 06:58 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default 30's Something Daily Chat: Friday Dec 14th, 2007

Hi all, Been busy last few days. I started a new job a month ago and I never seen such things happen on the accounting end of things for any company! (No, nothing illegal, just.... laziness!!!)

OK< so I started this thread to ask you all to beat me up! hahaha, today is the company Xmas Party. They are holding it at the bowling alley across the street from the company. And, yes, you guessed it, all you can eat pizza, and all you can drink OPEN BAR! (good thing I'm not a drinker!) However, being my birthday next wednesday I just might endulge myself into a strawberry Daccarai! (think I spelled it right!)

And last night I was tired, worked from 7 am to 6 pm with only 20 min break! So I came home and instead of doing the wise thing ate a bag of popcorn for dinner! ! OOPS. Oh yea, and Jade (the black lab) is asking for a walk! hhmmm, too busy to walk the dog, not good!

hehehe, have a wonderful day!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Morning all!!

Okay, Loriann...maybe try to eat something before your party, like a bunch of veggies, just to fill you up. I should have done that last weekend. Went to a cocktail party, very hungry, wound up eating crap the whole night. I couldn't stop myself, then on Sunday I was so mad!!! GRR!!! So maybe doing that would deter you from eating too much pizza.

Alicia ~ good luck girl!! Hope everything goes smoothly for you. How long is your drive?? Let us know when you get there, I'll say a prayer for your family's safety dring the trip!

Joan ~ HI!!! I love magic cookie bars, even with just plain old choc. chips, so I can IMAGINE how good they are with gourmet chocolate...MMMMM....

Tamia ~ LOL about you not wearing a coat. I'm the exact opposite. I wear three layers to bed, even with flannel sheets. I'm always cold

Well, gotta get moving on some stuff. Have to go to the store, clean, and set up a little more. Gotta get DS on the bus in a little first. Didn't work out this AM just felt like sleeping in a little...Oh, well. Four out of five days isn't bad. Maybe I'll get on the tread tomorrow.

Alright, hope everyone has a WONDERFUL DAY!!! It's very icy here, not on the roads, though, just the trees etc...should melt as it is going up to 47degrees today...

Will check in later for sure.

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Joan, I also love majic cookie bars. MMmm! hopefully the acne stays cleared up.

Pam, I don't know if there is an Elder-Beerman or Bonton store near you, but they carry Electric Mattress pads. They might just be what you need.

Alicia, drive saftly whenever you drive. Yes I am surviving, so far! Next week I have almost 45 hours. As for shopping with dad, we were home within an hour of leaving. It takes 15 - 20 min to get to the store. He got her Elizabeth Arden perfume set, and 2 tops. (Mom has always done that with me too)

Today is my only day off this week, so I will be checking in later.

Lori, this is what you asked for.
Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 12-14-2007 at 12:32 PM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:07 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

We're thawing out! Thank goodness, because I hate ice!

Loriann, How's that?

Going to post an update on my meeting this AM up in the "kids" thread, if anyone is interested!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Good evening ladies,

Busy, busy, busy today. Took DS to the cardiologist no change in his condition which is good news. Have to follow up with the surgeon at CHOP in three weeks for another echo and then we will get a surgery date. My doctor changed my BP medicine and I have to have a complete blood workup because the pills they had me taking while I was pregnant cause liver damage etc. Finally did make it to Shoprite and it was a mad house. Spent two hundred dollars on a little bit of nothing I didn't even buy any meat.

pmasci... Do you know the name of your neices heart surgeon by any chance? I think my DS is going to see Dr. Cohen. I am always cold I just don't wear a coat... go figure. I have the exact same blankets and covers on my bed in the summer as in the winter and I sleep under them all.

lauren... my friend died suddenly I think there was alcohol and pills involved but her mother is hush hush which is totally understandable. I loved that girl we had so much fun together. On a lighter note I figured out what I want when I win. I want a coach purse and I told him to start saving because it will be damn near a suitcase size...lol.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone,

Pam, Dh swears it's a 6hr drive. For me it's 8.

Lori, I'm not a drinker either, but a pizza and beer sure does sound good.

Lisa, hope you enjoyed your day off.

Lauren, are you guys gonna get any of the stuff coming up the East coast tomorrow?

Hey tjjsmom!

Well guys, I'm leaving in the morn. Gotta make myself do it and not be lazy. DH already had the internet connected. So, I'll be talking to ya soon.

Everyone, have a Great weekend!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!
Lola
dalalou
Loriann

Pam the cookie exchange sounds like a lot of fun, do share pictures w/us!

Joan can I ask you what is your diagnosis? why did you take the accunate? Have they tried giving you a low dose of doxicyline (sp??) I take 20 mgs. daily, it took a long time to figure out what was wrong w/my skin, I have very good skin but I get a bad rash 2 or 3 times a year and after many years of trying different ointments they diagnosed it as ROCEASIA. I didn't think such a small dose of antibiotics would make a difference, and I didn't believe it was ROCEASIA but it works! the cookies do sound delicious, I love frozen cookies too, so I don't know if freezing them would be a solution here, LOL. enjoy them, I am sure the kids are going to love them!

Alicia how are you doing? are you getting all settled in? how was the sleep over w/dd friend?

Hi Lisa! how was the shopping trip w/your parents? Are you going crazy at the store you work at? I can only imagine how tired you must be at the end of the day this time of the year.

GG it is great you are able to get the personal trainer

Gainigwtin LA I think you can loose the 50 Lbs. by June, it sounds totally doable.

John where are you?

Melissa???

Roo

well we are doing ok around here, it has just been crazy. I went on Monday to get my heart tests, they did a cardiolite, oh boy that was not fun at all, it was rather scary, they inject something in that causes the heart to feel like you are working out really hard(stimulate a hard work out), it only lasts 5 minutes but you feel horrible during that time, they told me if the MRI after that stimulation didn't look good they would asked me to come back 3 hrs. later to take an other MRI but in a "rested" state, they did have me come back, but apparently it was not something I had to talk to a cardiologist right away about, like right then and there. Sean is not stable at all (nothing new). Hanukkah is over thank G-d it is!!! I ate so many latkes I thought I was going to have nightmares about them we had a few parties to go to, it was fun, and it was great to see people I had not seen in a while. I delivered my new year's invitations and I am really looking forward to the party, a lot of people already RSVP'd I can't wait!
As far a my weight well I'm down to 106.5 Lbs. the cymbalta has really curbed my appetite, I called my Dr. today to find out if they gotten my results from my heart test, but they don't have them yet. I asked the nurse if the cymbalta could cause me to have weird dreams/nightmares since I started taking it I have been having them and she said yes it is very possible, a lot of people on it have the same complaint, she said she was going to talk to my Dr. to find out if I should switch medicines, but I want to stay on the cymbalta I will put up w/the weird dreams, I like how it is helping me w/pain (fibromaialgia) and I can deal w/Sean better too, I feel more calm.
The little dudes (the 2 little yorkies of mine) were at my friend's house last Saturday, she went out for about 3 hrs. when she came back she found her DD's Advent calendar all chewed up and torn by the dudes, well the Advent calendar was filled w/chocolate, so she calls me all frantic and tells me she wants to pick me up and run to the emergency vet, it was freezing so I get all bundled up and off we go to the vet, they were super honest at the vet's office, the told us there was nothing they could really do other than put them an IV and watch them all night since they didn't know how it was since they ate the chocolate and more likely it was already digested, so we brought them back home and they were just fine. Can you imagine if people couldn't have chocolate
I got to run, DH just got home. I will be back soon, I won't say tomorrow cause I just don't know!
Hugs everyone!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:41 PM   #8  
Not so Newbie

S/C/G: 217/217/120

Height: 5'1''

Hello everyone, I haven't posted here before but I wanted to say hi. I'm just embarking on my weight loss journey so I know I will benefit from posting on this board.
Right now I'm watching what I eat but I'm going to be joining weight watchers January 1st.
These next few weekends is going to be rough. This weekend we are going out of town for a family get together for Christmas...so lots of food. Just have to be careful.
Anyways hope to make some friends here =)
christih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

christina! you came to the right place
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #10  
Determined to lose!

OK, so I ate a real late lunch yesterday! (about 2) but I wasn't even hungry! I went to the party, and I drank . I had white russians, and strawberry daccarrai's. I was feeling it! (NO, didn't get drunk, but sure was buzzed!). During the night I did eat ONE pieece of pizza. But I was bowling till about 9:30 and then we moved to a pub, and I danced till 1 in the morning (when It wasn't my turn at the pool table). I got up this am and down to... drum roll please, 182!!!!!

I'll check in and read everyone's stuff later and catch up. And thanks all for the batooney kicking!!!!!!!!!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote