30 Something Daily Chat: Thurs. Dec. 6th

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Lauren ~ you mean there are adults that don't like coffee??!! LOL. I can't function w/o it but know plenty that drink tea or soda in the a.m. This coffee shop also has pastries and deli sandwiches available. There is no way that I could $25/teacher since I have to buy for 10 in total (!). I decided to pick up $10 gift cards and have the kids distribute them. DS has his classroom teacher plus a speech therapist, occupational therapist, Resource teacher, etc., etc... I still need to pick up more but figured that I'd spent enough today. I normally give out homemade baked goods too but considering I haven't even started baking yet.... I am so disorganized this year. Just this morning I finally ordered the kids xmas photo. Nothing like waiting for the last minute ...
  • Good afternoon everyone.
    I'm in NJ and it was 22 degrees when I took the kids to school this morning. Watched the weather report and they are saying it is going to be 64 next week can you believe it? That is why my kids are sick now.

Has anyone ever tried the Denise Austin Blast Away the pounds indoor walk? I usually do Leslie Sansone but I figured I would try something new this morning. OMG! The "easy" walk totally killed me...great workout!
  • Joan, yes DH is coming tomorrow for EVERYTHING. He's one of those for last minute plans, as I just found out a few days ago myself. The kids and I will have to stay one more week though to finish out school and work. Kids are not too excited. I think they will be happy in the new house, but will miss their friends. I know that school will be scary for them at first too. As far as little ones at this time of year....I remember my SIL telling me last year my niece use to yell up the Chimney "Santa, come down here, NOW!" LOL
  • Good evening ladies...

Sorry I've not been around the last couple of days. I took a few days off from jogging b/c my knee was bugging me. And well...now today I found out that I'm PREGNANT!! WHOO HOOOO!! I have to admit I'm very, very excited this is my first child that I'm expecting. So I'm sure you can imagine what I mean.

I'll probably be around though...no doing anything to strenous but trying to stay fit during the pregnancy too but not weighing nearly as psychotically b/c after all...the pounds are going to add on....

Talk to you all again soon!

Betty
  • Betty~ congrats! I have 4 kids, they are truely a blessing!!! Best wishes to a very healthy pregnancy.
  • Thank you!!!
  • Oh Betty, how wonderful, what wonderful news for the holiday season, congrats to you and DH.

Hanna, how is the holiday going? Did you give DS the ipod yet?

GG, I was reading about the cat that bit you, you have to be a special person to be a vet for sure. Hope its feeling better today.

Lisa, my grandparents had an Aveo for about 6 months. I thought they looked so cute in it. Have you had good luck with yours? I think they got a lemon.
  • Betty ~ that is wonderful news! So happy for you and your husband. How far along are you? This will surely be an exciting Christmas for you with such sweet news to share.

Alicia ~ how's the packing going? May this reading find you making some serious headway!

Hugs to all ~ Joan
  • Locabal: Congratulations and best wishes!!!
  • Alicia, mine is a great little car, unless I forget to screw on the gas cap. (don't ask ~ it's happened twice) Then the check engine light comes on.

Betty, Congrats on the news. Does the rest of the family know? That would make a great Christmas present.

Joan, I haven't heard back from the church position ~ didn't have an "I nailed it" feel to the interview. I really think the MIT program is where I need to be.

Hanna, Happy Channaka (sp?). Let us know about the ipod.

Lisa
  • Hi all! i just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I'm currently involved in a weight loss program with weekly weigh in, but sometimes need that "I'm really not the only one going through this today" kind of support. I heard about these forums on the news and I liked what I saw on this one....

I'm sorry to hear about ya'll weather..sounds terrible. I used to deal with it every year when I was in Michigan, but now I'm in sunny FL so no more snow. Keep warm!

I think for my weight loss my biggest challenge is my motivation to stay away from JUNK FOOD. I am a junk food junkie. Chips and sweets are my downfall. I don't excercise enough either...all things combined have kept me from losing at the rate I'd like to, but I am on the downward crawl which is a relief! I have learned to just take it day by day and do my best to stay on track. Does anyone else have the junk food junkies?
  • welcome rico...good luck

betty - congrats..i bet you are excited

joan and all else - thanks for enquiring..my hand is doing better...still a bit swollen but not too bad. In all honesty i've been bitten quite a few times..and not every time do i need ab's. However, i don't mess around with cat bites..they are the worse. Cat's mouths are full of nasty bugs. And this one, i felt hit the bone...so i knew i really needed ab's. it didn't bother me too bad today...and my tummy is adjusting to hte ab's. Just had to make a few extra runs to the potty today LOL.

I survived work today..however, i do believe all the crazies came out...but such is life. One more day of work. Going to FIL for the weekend. So may not be around much. I did manage to make it to the gym tonight and work out pretty hard.

alright...check back in the am...night all
  • GG, we had the crazies at my work too. It must be close to a full moon.

Oh and I have to correct my first post. When I left for work the actual temp was 9 degrees, with a wind chill in the negatives.

Lisa
  • hello everyone!
    Lauren I can't believe people don't like coffee, what is wrong w/them!
    Lorie

And to you tjjsmom!

Rico! I do k now about junk food, I found some Mexican chips I used to eat when I was growing up (in Mexico City) a few years ago, and I used to go out of my way to get them, they don't sell them at the regular supermarkets, so I would have to go to 7/11 and get them, I used to eat them every day, some times 2 bags a day, I think that was a big part of my gaining weight, it sure was comfort food, the are sooo good, and they are spicy too!

GG I am soo sorry about your hand, that must stink, sorry you are having trouble w/stomach because the meds, that doesn't sound fun. I agree w/you about the looney people that come out every once in a while, is it full moon? I don't know.

Lisa I hope you get some news from the church job, how about the other interview you were waiting to hear from at your current job?

John that is a bummer that you are not as motivated, the weather doesn't help much either, you need to get back into that mode, it is so much better for you overall! Sounds like you are working lots of hours, I am sure that is extra $$$$, are you happy about that?

Betty congratulations! that is wonderful, and you are not going to be huge (bellywise) for the holidays. How far long are you? huge

Alicia how are you doing w/the moving, are you all packed? are you looking forward to it, to the new house, to the new schools?

Joan that is a really good idea on the paint. I am sorry about your back but I am happy for you that it is getting better.

Where are you MO????
    Where is Laurie and Sheila???

I am sorry for all of you who are having really bad weather, stay safe on the roads!

It has been very busy around here, Sean has kept me on my toes, I only wish it would be fun stuff. For Hanukkah we have not been able to do much at home w/Sean he is in a pretty maniacky stage, the meds he is on are not working at all. the Ritalin patch was working very good for him until he got a horrible rash from it, so we had to stop using it. We have only light candles once the first night, he has only gotten one gift so far, we have a big party to go to on Sunday, he knows we are doing a gift exchange there, he is looking forward to that, I am really looking forward to it too. They asked me bring homemade potato pancakes (latkes) I have to make at least 150 of them, I am happy to make them but it is going to be a big job, I am going to start tomorrow and hopefully I will have them all, but if I don't I will finish them on Saturday, the problem is they are fried so I want to get them all done in one batch, I can't wait, they are really good!!! I have had a couple of lunches w/friends and we have exchanged gifts, that is always fun to do. I got two really nice things and one, well lets say just not too nice it happens, oh well, it is all part of the fun! I guess.
    Michael has not said anything to me about a gift for me, but mil said he got or is going to get something I am going to really like, I hate surprises. I have not gotten him anything yet, I am not too sure what to get, I will figure something out John I could use some guy advise there!
    Today I printed the invitations for the new year's party at my house I printed 50, it is so cute, I hope I have a good turn out! I am a little early to give them out, but I am going to tomorrow as I want people to know ahead of time about it! Michael is going to take one to work and post it there too.

I have to go, FIL is on the phone and wants to talk to me, so I will see you guys tomorrow!

Hugs
    Hanna
  • I am sorry I thought I said to you too TJJMOM!