Old 11-28-2007, 07:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Wed Nov 28th

Morning all...well i weighed myself this am..and i lost the pound i gained last week..however, to give myself an even more boost i also measured myself. In 8 days (the last measurement), I lost 3/4 inch in my waist and 1 inch in my hips. I'm soooo stoked! I know i've been working hard....but man that's a lot of inches in 8 days...so now i'm not so bummed i didn't loose more weight...so i definetaly recommend everyone measuring themselves...i wish i had takend measurement from day one...but i started about 1.5 months later.

pam-sorry you aren't feeling so well. Hopefully you are feeling better. I think it would be easier to get up early if DH does too. I've tried but since my dh doesn't have to get up early its hard to get out early when you just want to stay snuggled next to him.

hope everyone else is well. check back later...i'm off today. Work also gave me family medical emergency leave so i'm leaving friday and sat for gpa's funeral.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Morning!!

Feeling a little better today, but I did sleep in till 6:30...did my crunches but no exercise Tomorrow I should be back to normal.

Patricia ~ great news on the inches! I measured myself about three months ago...can't remember off hand how many inches, but I can tell in the way my clothes are fitting, and when I sit down my legs don't "spread out" as wide, if you know what I mean. Also butt is more firm So, you're right...the inches & firming are more important than the weight loss.
Sorry aobut grandpa, glad you got the time off to go be with family & celebrate his life.

Lisa ~ great news on your possible promotion!!! I'm sure you'll be a store manager in no time!!! Congratulations!! Let us know when you start.

Gotta run to take DD to preschool, then food shopping, then off to find the kids new coats. I thought the ones they had last year might make it another year, but they both grew so much!!! I hate when they do that...maybe I should stop feeding them so they'll stay small?? KIDDING!!!!

Have a lovely day everyone!
Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:32 AM   #3  
Working on it.

S/C/G: 190/190/115

Height: 5.3

Good morning, I am new here, to the site as well as this post... I hope that all of you have a great day... I am starting today to work hard on getting this weight off, and I did measure myself this morning. Hopefully I will be able to stay on track and do what I need to do.
TechGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome TechGal! You've come to the right place.

GG ~ Wow ~ that is a lot of inches in just 8 days. Very cool. The greatest feeling is when my clothes start to feel looser. Enjoy your day off.

Hi Pam! I was just catching up reading yesterday's posts and I can't believe that you only have 2 more gifts to buy. Planning parties is so much fun! I can't wait to hear what you're planning on serving.

Kerri ~ so sorry to hear that DH is still dragging his feet. Isn't all of his family in AZ? Maybe deep down he doesn't want to leave his family. You are his family too ~ the more important half! I just don't know how you're able to function at all. It's no wonder you're miserable as you're heart has to be breaking. I hope that something works out shortly and both of you will be together again.

I ordered my 7 year old DD an American Girl doll. It came yesterday and guess where it was made? Yep, China. Is anything still made here in America??? FYI ~ I heard this guy on NPR last week saying that much of the stuff that goes into our plastic ware is *banned* in Europe. Every now and then I order a bunch of stuff from Oriental Trading Company and it always has a funny smell to it. I'll never order from there again. It's such a shame that now even children's toys aren't safe.

I've got a full day ahead of me so better shower off my grumpy mood and get moving. Talk to everyone later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #5  

joan - so far i have enjoyed my day off...just got back with a meeting with the personal trainer...it was a killer session. As for you question is anything made in usa anymore..i know one..the vermont teddy bear...they are some great bears for people of all ages. But other than that..probably not LOL

techgirl - welcome....good luck!

alright...dh and i are off to go look at some lighting
Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

Lisa, CONGRATS!! Both sound like great options for you, I hope they work out!

Joan, I don't know what to buy the kids anymore!

Techgal, Glad you joined us!

Pam, DH keeps telling me I need to be thankful that the boys don't each much now, because someday we'll be working 2 jobs each just to feed them!

GG, Congrats on the loss and the inches!

I'm up .2 this AM...serves me right, I was completely off track yesterday! It's gotta be DMS - During, not Pre!!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ thanks for the suggestion ~ they are adorable! My youngest is a huge teddy bear lover and I plan on ordering one for her birthday in January. So cute....
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #8  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

GG - Awesome news! I just informed hubby that we need to pick up a tape after work so I can start keeping track of inches too! I have done this in the past, don't know why I haven't done it this time...

Pam - We got lucky this year. 2 of the three can still wear their coats from last year. I'm glad because we had such a mild winter in VA that they didn't need the big coats much. This year, being in PA is a different story tho!

Tech - Welcome! Post away and before you know it, you will feel at home :-)

Joan - That is kinda scary... I've ordered from them in the past but not for the kids. My youngest daughter got an American Girl teaset and stationary set (with lap desk thing) last year. She never used them! I should look into ebay shouldn't I! I had completely forgotten about those...

LBH - Hubby told me this morning that I have DBS (dealing with bosses *&^%$) today lol

I still haven't weighed myself.Shooting for Saturday and am very afraid. I know I haven't done horribly but am a little anxious. I am planning to start taking measurements. I think that would help a lot to see the inches. Now I wish I had done that from the start! But, I don't think it's worth starting over for :-)

We are getting settled back in after our Thanksgiving trip. Work is kinda weird since I put my notice in. I guess that's pretty normal tho. Other than that I just think I may need a little more coffee!

beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:35 PM   #9  

i definately highly recommend the tape measure..i'm bummed that i dont' have my "start" measurement...but still. Its a great feeling when you have worked hard and step on the scale and there's little to no loss..but then you pull out the tape measure and see how much you've done. I knew i was loosing since i'm almost falling out of my 12's but its nice to have a number.

off to play ball with my dog, do laundry then get my unibrow wax LMAO...god i look like a klingon right now with these brows from ****!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:54 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6

lol at GG ....
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #11  

it is official..the klingon has left the building. My eyebrows are once again under control. I also treated myself to a great pedi and manicure while there..they did a great pedicure..i was so relaxed after. Now i'm currently doing laundry and dh and i just made a huge batch of red beans and rice that is currently stewing in the pot...it smells awesome in this house right now.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Just dropping by to say hey.

Joan, my son always tells me the same thing," why is everything from China" LOL

Welcome, Techgirl

GG, did you guys find some lighting fixtures?

Lisa, yay for you, I hope the job works out.

Beachmomma, where are you from in VA, I'm from VA myself. Well, I grew up in Norfolk/VA Beach. I know you are not from Northern VA because you would have difinately needed a coat here last winter.

Well today I carried 4 bags and a box of stuff to the thrift store and I have 3 huge bags waiting for the trash tomorrow. I was up till 130am. I only got about 3 boxes packed, but I am glad to get rid of all of that stuff. My entire upstairs is a disaster area. LOL. I just keep wondering how DH always seems to get out of this packing stuff, hmmm. I am sorry to say that I have not been doing good in the eating dept. I haven't exercised either. So I am a little afraid to weigh myself. I may be back where I started from.

Gonna go for now, talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5.6 "

Smile Hi, Im new here

Hi, Im completely new to this forum and this website. I weigh 17 pounds and need to lose atleast 30 lbs. I have lost weight before but now it seems to be getting much more difficult than before ( age 32). How are you guys doing it? any advice /excercise tips?:
hinaimran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #14  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

hin, welcome!!

Alicia, we moved here from Staunton (I-81 and I-64 interchange is right there.) We had a very mild winter last year.
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Beachmomma, well, I'm around Winchester (81 near WV), of course I had been in TX since 2000 so maybe thats why I found it so cold. LOL, So you are moving back to Staunton?
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote