Just curious how many people have an old favorite for breakfast that they eat day in, day out. I tend to have old favorites for dinner (partly because I'm lazy, partly because I can't cook well, and partly because I live alone and have leftovers), but my breakfasts are all over the board.
I sat down thinking about this question myself, and looked at the breakfasts I've eaten over the past three weeks (when I started journalling). Here's what I ended up having:
- Vegetarian faux "Egg McMuffin" (300 calories) - 4 times
- Cereal and a veggie patty (260 calories) - 4 times
- Cereal and yogurt (305 calories) - 3 times
- Yogurt and a veggie patty (190 calories) - 1 time
- Oatmeal and a veggie patty (230 calories) - 1 time
- Waffle and a veggie patty (225 calories) - 1 time
- Ice cream sandwich and a veggie patty (220 calories) - 1 time
- Oatmeal (160 calories) - 1 time
- Cereal (190 calories) - 1 time
- Beans and rice (360 calories) - 1 time, no food in the house
- Lean Cuisine meal (270 calories) - 1 time, and again no food in the house
- Nothing (0 calories) - 1 time when I slept in really late
Hrm. So I guess Fake Egg McMuffins are big with me, and cereal and yogurt and oat meal. Usually I add veggie patties or yogurt in to get the protein boost in the morning. Today I'm trying soy nuts just as a change in pace.
Anyway, just curious what other people eat for breakfast. Do you vary it? Have you eaten the same thing for the past 30 years? Inquiring minds want to know.