Old 11-02-2007, 07:03 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default TGIF!!! 30 Something chat Nov. 2

Morning all!!! Just finished my Firm workout...man I love doing them!!! I feel so great when I'm done, and even better knowing I got my exercise in for the day!!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good Halloween. My kids had fun. Will post pics this weekend, also one of us. We went to a party last weekend and were nerds...pretty funny.

Big John, so glad to hear about your positive attitude. Good thing are going to start happening for you, my friend!!!

GG, sooo sorry to hear about your day, and about your grandfather. My g-ma had Alzheimer's, and although it was a blessing when she passed it was still hard. hugs for you

Hanna, the pics are great!!! As nice as you are, I could never imagine you as Cruella Deville, though!!!

Laurie, congrats on the weight loss!!! I'm gonna jump in the challenge this month. Oh, and Bella looks gorgeous...great costume!!

Lauren, Joan, Alicia, Blue, Roo, Sheila and everyone else whose name is escaping me right now hope you all have a super weekend. We are going to a beef and beer tonight, and I am not drinking the beer, for sure. Going to have a Cosmopolitan before I go, so maybe I'll only have a glass of wine when I get there. Oh, and I'll be doing LOTS of dancing

I'll try to post my pics & check in this weekend. Have a super day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...getting ready for work...thanks for all the support

pam - enjoy the beef and beer thing...btw...did you know a cosmo has as many calories as beer in most cases. Just fyi...for me..if i'm out with friends, i usually get a beer because i drink it slower..if i have a martini or cosmo..i suck those down like candy...but that's just me LOL
here's a few sites that talk about it.
http://www.rochester.edu/uhs/healtht...ricvalues.html
http://partysmart.osu.edu/alcohol_and_calories.asp
i've noticed you mention that a few times...defintaly drink what you like..but in reality, most alcoholic drinks are about the same...and a lot of martini drinks are high in sugar (there fore calores). I love martinis (Cosmos, sour apple, lemondrops) but for me...i can't stop at one LOL. But still go out and have fun. Enjoy your night
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Good morning everyone. Today I go in for my first weigh in after my two days of detox. Please wish me luck to see a little difference.
Jamiep03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I'm soo tired, slept pretty good last night, but would've loved to just stay in bed this AM.

Jamie, Good luck at weigh in!

GG, Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I got up to see my grandparents last night and Gran looks soo weak and tired. She has O2 now, and slept on and off the whole time I was there, which was only about an hour. Gramps is happy to be back home though.

Must finish coffee, can't think right now...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #5  

YEAH ITS FRIDAY!

not sure what we're doing this weekend but it doesnt matter..its friday

hope everyone has a great day

gg: so sorry to hear about your grandfather

hanna: love the pics...sean is a great ninja!

jamie: good luck at your weigh in..can i ask a question...what did you do for detox?

lauren: im with you...slept well last night but still tired today...i would have loved to stay in bed

pam: which "firm" videos do you have?...i see them all the time but never bought one

hi to everyone/alicia/john/joan/kerry/kerri..everyone else i am missing...have a great friday...

oh, and here is a pic of my little batman...dominic wasnt able to come with us so a bonus pic of my two boys when we went to the park the last time dominic was home for the day

Last edited by Christina S; 11-02-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:41 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Christina, your boys are gorgeous....too bad the batman pic didn't post. THe Firm videos I have are the ones from 2003 (I think it was their first infomercial?) and also the Transfirmer series from a few years ago. I love them, they really kick your butt. I'm trying to trade them off with the treadmill.

Lauren, sorry about your Grandmother...my grandpa has been on O2 for a few years, and just recently has to have it all the time. It's very sad to see him getting worse, so I feel what you're going through.

GG, thanks for the info., although the rochester site seems to not be there anymore. When I make the cosmos myself, I use light cranberry juice, and I'm the opposite of you - beer goes down SUPER easy for me, and vodka drinks take me a lot longer cause I sip them. Also my friend goes to WW and they told her to stay away from beer, that vodka & juice has way less carbs and metabolizes better. And being that I've been working out for two months, and the only thing that is not firming up is my belly, I figured I'd give this a go. We tend to drink every weekend because we always have some sort of social thing going on, so I usually do drink a lot of beer. Last weekend we were at a party, and I had three or four cosmos where I would normally have had 7-9 beers!! I also felt better in the AM. Hopefully switching will work for me
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #7  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hanna, Sean, DH and yourself are all too cute. BTW, it is Beautiful where you live. I love the mountains.

Lisa, you are funny about getting sick messing with your eyes.

My walking buddy called me last night. Wanted to walk today. I rushed home from work and she called the minute I walked in the door. Said it was too cold for her little one. Told me to come tomorrow. We will see. Tomorrow I am going to a Mary Kay party. Not a big makeup girl but I will enjoy the company. Oh and there is a craft fair at the local elem. school plus the stores are joining in, so I may go check it all out.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Well I bought the TV just not the one I had planed on. I ended up with a 42" LG!! I went to the store to look at the LGs and the sonys. I think Sony make the best but I can't afford sony prices lol. LG is a close second and you get a lot of bang for your buck. Well I was looking at the 32" and they had open box 42" sitting on the floor as well. The difference was only 100. SO I went with the 42" I got a 1,400.00 TV for 899.00 Plus they gave me a 3 year extend warranty for 32.00 were its normally 132.00 and then cause there was a screw up and it took a while for them to get the price of the TV correct they gave me a service package wheere they send a Tech out and Calbraite the TV for the best picture possiable. Normally 100.00 I got it for free.

So after everything said and done plus a new DVD player for my old TV so I could watch DVD on my old TV in the bedroom and the cables to hook everything up. I spent just over a grand.

I wont be eating out anytime soon lol. But I love the TV and I haven't bought myself any big or nice in a long timeso yeah I did it.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

wow bj..that sounds like a kicking tv. Good for you.

Pam - i'm just the opposite lol... i suck down the cosmos etc so fast and would polish off 5 or 6 without thinking lol...where as with beer..i can only have a few. But i guess everyone is differnt.

work went pretty well today..nothing really exciting. Busy but good. Tomorrow is my day off and dh and i are going to spend some QT together.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote