Old 10-18-2007, 07:47 AM   #1  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default 30 Somethings Chat Thurs. Oct 18

Morning everyone!! I can't believe no one's started the new thread!

Hanna~OMGosh! I will defiantely keep yo uand ds in prayers!

Lisa~as you know by now we didn't come in yesterday...mom ended up in the hospital again. She has a bladder infection and her blood count was a little low again (don't know if you remember last year when she had issues). It wasn't as low as last year but with her history they wanted to take care of it before it got bad again.

Got my workout again yesterday (before I found out about mom). I am totally loving it! Can't go today though cause the man has an ultrasound of his scrotum. His one little friend hasn't descended all the way yet and they want to make sure it's ok. Hopefully won't have to do surgery!

OK Have to get going and take ds 1 to school. TTYL!

P.S. I forgot... to Andrea!! She's 16 today!!

Last edited by mamabear272; 10-18-2007 at 07:50 AM.
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:56 AM   #2  

Morning all!! I am finally coming off my plateau. Down 1 lb this morning. I have been working out but my eating has been too low in cals. I have been a little busy and have these moments of depression (dealing with the Sophie thing) and I just wont want to eat. I am going to try really hard to get my cals to normal today.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!

Kerri I am so happy you found a new place, sorry you have to do the "change" but it sounds very positive,

Laurie I am sorry about what you are going thru, I am sure Sophie is in your thoughts all the time, you are doing great! keep the exercise routine and you do need more calories to loose the weight, Yeah!!! on the the 1 Lb!

Molly I hope you get good results about the ultrasound! happy birthday to Andrea and I hope your mom is OK. Can you escape and go for a walk?? just a thought!

Sheila I love the words from Lisa there is a fine line between love and hate, you are wise woman, Lost of

Lisa you too are a great lady, wonderful advise, did I miss anything about the job with LB? Have you heard anything?

Thank you all for all your very kind words, I love you all!

Sean slept in our room last night, we made him a bed right next to me, I couldn't let him sleep by himself on the other side of the hallway, to scary, I didn't sleep much, I kept just watching him sleep and breath. Today we woke up all happy and ready to go to school. So off he went like nothing ever happened, all the people at school know what happened so they now know to watch him very carefully I have to trust that they will. Michael (DH) is wiped out, but he insist he is going to work, I am very worried about him, he has shown very little emotion and he is the one who did the CPR, I always say if it doesn't come out one way it will come out another, I have not a clue how he can be so strong emotionally I am not sure it is all that healthy. I am not going to do much today, nothing stressful for me for sure!!! I am basically going to be a lump! LOL.

Have a great day!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' chicks and dudes,

Molly ~ Happy Birthday to Andrea!!!! Who's Andrea??? Good for you for getting your workouts in. Amazing how much better I feel after exercising. FYI ~ my DS had an undescended testicle at birth. They waited to operate until he was a year old and it was no big deal. Far harder on the parents than the child. Kids bounce back so fast. Hope that your mom is doing better today.

Hi Laurie ~ congrats on the 1 lb. loss!!! You've been working so hard. I can't believe how early you get up each morning. Is Bella still doing ok with the whole thing? I haven't had time to respond to posts the past day or so but yours have been cracking me up. You have a great DH. Don't be too hard on him ~ he's just being a MAN!

Hanna ~ I am so sorry... what a huge worry. I would be out of my mind wanting to know what happened. 3 weeks is way too long to wait. Maybe your pediatrician can pull some strings? You poor girl... it just isn't right that you're constantly bombarded with stress. Thank God that you have a strong marriage and that you've got support in dealing with all of this. I will continue to pray for your family ~ big hug.

Sheila ~ I've been missing you. So it's official, DH quit school? What about the girlfriend ~ is she still in the picture? I'm sorry that things still aren't good between you and DH. Sounds like DH just isn't incapable of giving you (or the kids) the support that is needed. Your plate is overfilling these days Girlie... so sorry.

Kerri ~ Your new living arrangement sounds like a good one. It'll be nice to be so close to work. Did DH ever put your AZ house on the market? Living apart for this long has to be killing you. No wonder you're depressed. Heck of a way to lose weight, eh? Not a healthy way though. Your body is sending you some serious signals ~ don't ignore them. I did talk to my nephew and he told me that his rent just went up (almost $200 up). When he first moved into these apartments they were very reasonable but not anymore. Try and get out and enjoy this gorgeous fall weather. I know that it's hard to get enthused about anything when you're feeling so down but just try baby steps each day.

Lisa ~ still working long hours?

KarenK ~ hi there! How are those babies of yours?

RR ~ where are you???

Lauren ~ LOL at your bringing your two little wild men to the meeting. Been there, done that... I can take my two girls practically anywhere but Liam is a whole 'nother story...

Michelle ~ how are you? Still working out like a madwomen to get into shape before seeing your honey?

Kerry ~ you sounded beat in your last post. BTW, congrats on losing weight this past week.

GG ~ hey there PATRICIA! How many beers exactly were consumed... I believe that you worded it, "wayyyyyyyyy too many." Hope that your week is going well.

Rooster ~ contacts???

BJ ~ Ok, so give the low-down on why the wedding felt weird... Did the bride ditch the traditional gown and go for Daisy Duke cut-offs? Did she give birth at the wedding (now that would be really weird)? Did the groom have a booth set up offering free tats for all of the guests? Were the bride and groom related???

Alicia ~ your notes about DS always make me smile. It's obvious that he is so special to you, as is your daughter. You're a good mom. I hope that all will work out for you when DH takes this new job. Would he consider taking medication for his depression?

I weighed myself this morning and I'm still right where I was last Thursday. I'd like for the scale to move down but I'm also thankful that it hasn't gone up. My weekend carried over into Monday. Finally, it seems that I'm back on track. I've kept up my walking in spite of my bad eating and achiness from Accutane. I'm amazed by how diligent I've been with the exercise. It's become a habit and I actually look forward to it.

I got a e-mail last night from a cousin of mine. For as long as I can remember she has been overweight and depressed. She's now in her late fifties and was recently diagnosed with Diabetes. Scared the heck out of her and she is walking everyday and swimming three times a week. I am so proud of her as she was the most inactive person that I've ever known. Believe me, if my cousin can do it, anyone can do it! Hugs to all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hanna ~ I took so long writing that when I finally posted my note, yours popped up. I always say the same thing... These things have a way of coming out one way or another. Keep an eye on DH. He is holding much in and being strong as that is what know to do. Again, I'm so glad that the two of you have each other and watch out for each other. Take it easy today...
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Yeah, I know, it's almost lunch time. Just found time to get here.

Joan, good for your cousin! Sorry it took a diagnosis to get her moving. I put a new battery in my scale a couple weeks ago, but it's still not working right. I wonder if the little flat hearing aid type battery needs to be changed??

Hanna, Hang in there, you have soo much stress to deal with right now. Does DH always keep his feelings inside? What does he do for a living?

Laurie, Congrats on the pound!

Molly, Happy Birthday to Andrea!! Hope all is OK with Mom!

We got our new furnace put in last night! Yay! Now we have heat! We didn't need it yesterday though, and won't today either. I turned the thermostat waaaay down. The guy said the A/C is shot though, so in the Spring he said give him a call and he'll give us a good deal on a new condenser.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hanna- I can tell you that DH is pillar mode. All he is thinking about is you and Sean. More likely he'll break down in the car or to friend but wont show weakness at home cause he has to be the strong one untill everything is done.

Joan- Well the 1st thing was the entire wedding party was seated during the entire wedding. I've seen standing or kneeling but never sitting. An see my brothers are step brothers and our parents didn't get married untill us kids were well into our 20's. Well at first brothers wedding my other brother was the best man. Well now it was the other brother's wedding and my other brother who was first to get mairred was not to be found nor his wife. They got into a fight a few months ago and thats what cause them not to come. When my brothers fight they can go without talking for more then a year and hold a grude just as long. It really upset mom but she held up really well. I just can see ever being angry with someone enough to miss something like this. My understanding is it was an e-mail between the wives and one took what the other said wrong that started it all. We all had a good time but you could still feel it.

The one that I think was hurt the most by it was mom and I think it was wrong of them to do so.

LBH- check to make sure that theres nothing on the battery. Sometimes they put plastic or tape on those small batteries so they don't discharge and easier to hold on to.

Last edited by Outland; 10-18-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Molly, Andrea is 16? Wow, is she driving yet? Which hospital is your mom in? I hope that she is okay, give her my best. Oh and don't worry there is another Senior Day next Wednesday. (I am off ~ thank God!)

Hanna, LB never called back. They did ask if I could set the store, but that was it. I heard back from Coldwater Creek yesterday, and they had decided to go with a different applicant. Glad Sean is doing better. Remember that stress is a very bad thing for you so do some major de-stressing thing in the very near future for yourself. (ie. massage)

Joan, I am not really puttng in long hours during the week ~ however I am working many days straight. Like right now I am in the middle of 9 days. I think my body just needs to get used to it.

John, the wedding a couple of weeks ago that I went to also had the wedding party sitting, even the bride and groom for part of it. I think that this is traditional in the Catholic services. (I am not Catholic)

I have a possible opportunity to move to a different position in the store that I work at now. I would be what is considered a Double A. This is a Assistant Area Sales Manager, covering one department. This particular department has not had one since I started working there. Technically, I am supposed to wait 6 mos. before applying ~ but the human resource manager said she would get the ball rolling so to speak, if I so chose. I am seriously thinking about it. I will keep you all up to date as I make my decisions and what has been done.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Lisa, would it be more money? Less stress/hours?

John, I have never replaced the little battery, but I have taken it out and wiped it off, spun it around and put it back in. There wasn't anything on the 9 volt. The power comes on, lets me set the date, etc., but when I step on it to weigh, it says error. Hmm...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..well after typing wed am...comcast decided in their quest to find our bad internet connection, they blew out any sort of connection we once had. So we were left with no internet until tonight. Very frustrating...i wanted to say hey to everyone...but also i really had to get something printed up. Oh well LOL. Things have been pretty much same old same old. Work is pretty good. Steady but not insane. I'm making some great clients. I have friday and sat off so Dh and i are going up to SC this weekend for a european car fest and visit with some friends...should be loads of fun. And to answer your question joan...wayyyyy too much = 5 beers ugghhhh so bloated LOL

Hannah and sheila _ hugss..i'me very sorry i was mia and missed all the crap you guys have been going through. Hannah - i can imagine how scary that was. You def need to take lisa's advice and do some major destressing. Hang in there
sheila- i hope things get better. DS will be making a HUGEEEE mistake if he settles for a GED. I hope once you get this crap with him settled, you start looking at your current situation with DH...i really think that is def not helping.

hey to everyone else..its sort of hard to keep 2 days straight...so sorry if i don't give everyone credit. but i'm thinking of all you!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Hey all..

Been really busy. Finally got my 225 cookies done today!! Woo hoo!
Also made a halloween cake for the cake walk and have two cake order for customers for Sat. so that will keep me busy tomorrow.

Sounds like everyone is having kind of a tough week. Hanna, thank goodness Sean is okay. I would have completely freaked out. Hopefully your DH will talk about it soon. Sheila. hope thinkg start to smooth for you, and Alicia as well. I can't imagine being in a marriage where my partner was not supportive. I really count my blessings when I read what some of you are dealing with. My thoughts are with you .

Well, not much going on. Still FIRMING 6 days a week, and still no weight loss. GRRRR.... Oh, well. Having a physical next week, so we'll see what that brings. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, not sure if I'll have time to get on tomorrow...

Pam

PS...Patricia...5 beers??? OMG, we had friends over for the Eagles game last Sunday, and I counted the next morning....44 BEER CANS!!! There were only 4 of us!!! I think I probably had about 7-8 myself, but this only happens every now & then, so I think it's okay. My usual is probably about 4-5
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren, I would only take it if it were more hours and $/hr. Right now I am usually getting between 23 - 32 hours a week. With the added responsiblities I would expect it to be around $10/hr. I am trying to decide whether I will be happy in that department and if it would be a good fit for me. I don't know many of the women that work there, but I get along with the Assistant Store manager who covers that area. I first also want to see what is said at my review, hopefully my current Assistant Store Manager would think I would be a good AA. I have to request a meeting with her tomorrow, so I should know soon ~ I think.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote