Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Something Daily Chat: Thursday October 4th

Just a quick note today. Feeling VERY apprehensive and anxious over the appointment with the optometrist today - woke me up in the middle of the night as well.

Yesterday wasn't my best day of the week - I missed my lunchtime walk (I had errands to run), but did manage to do my 20 minutes on the mill in the morning. I was "supposed" to make up for my missed lunchtime walk in the evening, but that just never happened. I'm pretty sure my calorie intake yesterday was a little high thanks to a little stress eating. I hate feeling this way.

Anyway - have a good one, everyone. Thanks for all of your words of encouragement, they mean a whole lot to me.

:Lawrence
Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:59 AM   #2  

Rooster, Don be too nervous!! I am sure you will LOVE contacts!

Just finished an hour workout. Feeling great!! Im gonna head to the shower and have a little breakfast. (HEALTHY)

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! Wake up and get those buns moving. Today is going to be a beautiful day!!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...

roo- contacts aren't bad...don't stress so much. good luck at the eye dr.

laurie good job on the workout

fannie- hope the presentation goes well.

off to work i go!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, just a quick note before getting ready for work. I couldn't open up yesterday's thread, so I cant reply to yall.

On a brighter note, today is the last day before my 3 day weekend.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

For some reason I'm in a good mood today...Hmm, maybe it's the extra coffee?

Going to p/u my new cooktop that we found on craigslist.com. We lost out on the furnace. It came down to "tell me when I can come get it" and the guy sent me an e/m an hour later saying someone else is taking both the furnace and the a/c. So we have a couple estimates coming Friday/Saturday.

Leaving at 4:30 today, have an interview at another agency. It's a temp to perm, but you can apply for other positions within once you're there and they've had many people go perm at this company...which, of course, is a pharma. I can't seem to get away from pharma. I guess once your resume shows the experience, they want you.

Yesterday was a bust diet wise...too many snack size candies. It's because I'm bored this week, have no work to do.

Last edited by LBH; 10-04-2007 at 09:39 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #6  
KAR

Morning,
Hope all is going well for everyone. I was a nice teacher and stopped at the grocery store this morning to buy a treat for my kids to make. They are going to make vanilla pudding and put Oreos in it. I am going to be really good and not sample any of the Oreos. I might eat a few spoonfuls of the pudding with them though. I did really well with my eating yesterday so I don't want to ruin it today. Am suppose to go to a birthday party tonight for one of our best friends. Only bad thing about it is that it is to start at 9 and last all night long. So I think I will go for a little bit and then come home and go to bed. My dh just wanted me to take tomorrow off so I could stay for the whole party. I said no, because I don't want to use up my days for stupid little things like that. Here in a little bit we are suppose to go for a weekend with some of our friends to the Football Hall of Fame and I am thinking about taking that Friday off. Plus I have new motivation to lose weight now. We are going to the beach this coming summer with some of our friends. They are talking about going for 2 weeks. So I want to look nice in a bathsuit for the beach. I don't want to look like a beached whale. LOL
Roo your appointment will go just fine. Sorry you didn't get your lunchtime walk in yesterday. Atleast you accomplished getting your errands done.
RR so is the witch gone? Hope your week is going well.
GG enjoy your day at work. Glad you liked your new dvd. I have some Firm dvd's but they are packed in storage. Since we thought we would have a new house by now.
Babyweight so when will your dad being moving to GA? How far will he be from you? I have a cousin that lives in Atlanta close to the airport.
Lisa enjoy your last day of work for the week. Have fun with your friends this weekend. When are you leaving for Cleveland?
Mo hope all is going well for you this week. How is work honey? Do you still have to do the work of others plus yours?
Alicia hope things are a little better today at your house. I know what you were feeling last night over the dinner issue. My dh stays at home because he is disabled. He complains when I don't get the dishes, laundry or housecleaning done in a timely manner. Hope you dh hears something from the interview. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Shelia how is it going for you? Hope things are going well with you and your family. Did you get things straightened out with your ds and wanting to quit school?
Michelle, how are you today? Hope things are going well. Did you ever figure out where you were allowed to run on the base?
John sounds like work is keeping you busy this week. Come back and chat when you are not so busy.
Laurie sounds like you are in a wonderful mood today. Hope things are starting to picking up at the shop. I am starting to think about some ideas to get more Avon customers for the Holiday season. I am going to go to a craft show first weekend in Nov. with a couple of Avon baskets to sell and demo the new holiday items and jewerly.
Joan how did your appointment go yesterday? Are you going to have it done?
Lauren hi hope things are going well for you this week.
Hanna how are you feeling today? You are not over doing it are you. Glad to hear that Sean is doing so well. I bet you are so happy about that.
Hi to everyone else. I have to go and get my kids back on task. Chat with you all later.
Have a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #7  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Hello everyone! Yesterday was OK, didn't have much time to be on the puter, so I wasn't able to post. I didn't even get all my calories logged in for the day till today! :0 Fortunately, I did well, though I was about 600 calories under. Oh well. Better than going over I spose.
So far so good today. Eating a Lean Cuisine Panini for lunch. First Lean Cuisine item I have ever eaten & it is surprisingly delicious! YAAAAAY!!
Hope everyone is doing well & talk with ya later!!
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #8  

Reality mom, I love lean cuisine meals, well, I dont LOVE them but I like them just fine and they are a healthy easy lunch. I often throw in more veggies or have a serving of fruit on the side though. I am not really hungry for more but do this to gte my calories up a little (and still be healthy).
Well, off to go sit outside. Im playing hookie today....
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Reality, ditto what Laurie said, LC's are good, not as salty or saucy as some of the others, but you have to add a salad or veggies or something to them to fill you up. If budget is not a big consideration, I highly recommend the Kashi frozen meals, they're delicious, and I am comfortably satisfied after them.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Im good kerry and everyone well i think i told you guys im flying out to missouri on the 27th of nov and i will get to TOUCH SMELL KISS SEE him the 29th im so excited
as for diet and exercise im kicking A$$ i've been doing my sit ups every morning with my push ups and at night i've been running from 30-45 mins and as for diet 5 small meals a day low card/fat and im feeling good and it's only day 2 for exercise
i'll get back to everyone later i just wanted to report im doing it NO MATTER WHAT
((HUGS))
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Michelle, I'm sure you will be counting down the days...and doing well with the working out/ eating.

Roo, I was thinking of you this morn as I was putting my contacts in. AS my left eye didn't want to accept the contact, it just wounldn't go/stay in. So I wanted to reming you to give yourself extra time in the morn to put them in. I was almost taking dd to the bus with one eye.

Kerri, I lived there 04-05. I also lived 2 mins away, off of Junngermann in ST. Peters. I could go to work for 2 weeks on a tank of gas. I really miss that!

Lisa, enjoy your weekend, you sure do deserve it!

Kerry, have fun at the party at night.

Hey everyone else.

Well DH didn't hear back from Vegas yet. He did get offered a job in Charlotte, same company he was working for that just laid him off, different boss/ division. He would get a vehicle to drive. The pay is less. But it is better than unemployment. It is 6 1/2 hours from here. Not sure if the kids and I will move or not. I have no family here. Don't know. Well all, I think I'm less moody today, but the day isn't over yet.

Have a great evening everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:05 PM   #12  
KAR

Alicia, that is great that he did get offered a job with the company he got laid off from. So what is he thinking about doing? I will keep saying my prayers for your family.
Laurie did you enjoy playing hookie today? It was very nice outside here today too. But unforunately I was stuck in the building all day long.
Roo how did your appointment go?
Michelle glad that things are going well with you. I like the positive attitude about being away from dh and making a change with your lifestyle. Keep up the good work, lady!
Reality I like their panini's too. But I have to eat a thing of yogurt it with or a small salad. I have been taking the Healthy Choice meals with me to school for my lunches. I heat them up in my classroom and my kids beg me to give them to them for their lunch instead of the school lunch. Now that is too funny. Hope you can figure out the right combination of foods to eat to eat all your calories in.
Lauren how did your interview go today? I hope well.
Hi to everyone else. I need to go meet my dh for dinner. I am thinking about getting a salad. I am not that hungry tonight. Then it is off to the birthday party. I got everything ready for school tomorrow. So I just have to come home and get ready for bed this evening. The pudding and Oreos were a hit with my kids. I did have a serving size portion of pudding. Plus we did find out that the carpet in my room is real easy to clean pudding up from. One of my students was running and fall dropping his bowl. It made a nice arch on the floor. He tried to blame the girl sitting next to him. But you know that they say about teachers and their eyes in the back of thier heads. LOL He finally attempted the truth and told her sorry.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

today was a pretty good day..i'm trying to get my butt motivated to go walk the dog...but i'm a bit tired.

michelle- good job on the working out
kar- hope you survive tomorrow after being up late
i agree with lauren - if money isn't a big concern..def go with the Kashi frozen foods. I don't like frozen food but the kashi taste great. They really taste like just made
alicia- glad to hear dh has some offer.

alright all..i'm going to cruise around a bit
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I actually did some exercises tonight. Yea me! I want to get these Hula exercise DVDs. They are on my Amazon wish list now and I think I will just have to email that to DH just in case he feels compelled to buy me something. But...I ate like crap. In my weekly mgr training we all had to do a job skill. Well most of the people in my class are from the deli or seafood dept. Oh, the food! Well, at least it was my main meal. I didn't eat any dinner tonight. I am not hungry.

Kerry - Your DH is disabled, too? I know I get really frustrated when I come home from work and the "what's for dinner?" question pops up. It's really hard for me to step back and realize he has been in pain all day. Funny story about the pudding and the little boy. Thanks for the smile. Have fun at your party.

Joan - I found some info on the Kettles and Kegs event. I am going to PM you with it.

Roo- How was the eye appt? Did you get the contacts? Change your eye color?? I've always wanted to get those colored contacts, but don't think I could stick them in my eye. Especially when I don't even need sight correction. Oh, the vanity! But I REALLY want green green eyes.

Michelle - I am so happy you get to actually see/touch/smell/etc your hubby soon. I know it seems like a long time, but these days will click by quickly. Especialy since you have so much in your life (kids, granddaughter). And good for you with the exercise/eating! Keep up the good work.

MO - please come back. we all miss you and love you.

Well, all I am off to talk to my honey, watch more TV and go to bed. Tomorrow is my only day off. Have to get an oil change though.

Have a great Friday!!!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 AM   #15  
KAR

Kerri yes my dh is disabled. He was very sick when he was 6 months old. His parents took him to the doctor and they were told that he was fine. Once they got him home his fever spiked as high as 105 and they rushed him to Columbus to Children's Hospital. By the time they got there, he had a stroke. So his whole right side was effected. It had worked at different factory jobs but after awhile it got to be too much on his feet to stand up for long periods of time on the concernte floors. So he went back on his disablity social security. They told him that he could work so many hours a month. He has tried looking for a part time job, but no one wants to hire him because of his hours. Oh well. Here lately he has been nice and helped me out with the house cleaning and laundry. Did you enjoy your chat with your dh? Enjoy your day off tomorrow!
GG I went to the party and stayed for 2 1/2 hours. I was good too I only drank two beers. So I am off to bed now. Thank godness I let my kids watch a movie on Friday afternoons for being good during the week. That way I can get my lesson plans done for the next week.
Night to everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday.
Kerry