Old 10-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #46  

Im maintaining. Need 4 more lbs by the end of the month to hit "monthly goal". I did my workout today and have been eating my 1K-1200 cals per day. Doing the low fat thing too. Getting vitamins and veggies. So, just keeping doing what Im doing. It will come off!! I have faith!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Laurie ~ how much weight have you lost so far? You are so disciplined.

I weighed myself Friday morning and was back down to my lowest weight thus far. The two pound gain from the week before was gone. However, this weekend is a whole 'nother story...
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #48  

Joan,

Started at 223 on August 7th. I would like to be 130 by summer and have periods of loss and then plateaus. BUT I have lost 29 LBS so far and now weight 194. I still have a long way to go but feel like I am doing good. Before turning 30 I had lost weight before and it seemed easier. I am trying to make this a change that I can always live with. I got into higher fat gourmet cooking and eating at restaurants several times a week, drinking wine and eating very late in the evening. All this really packed on the pounds the last 2 years. I am trying to change the way the whole family eats incorporating "whole" foods, low fat while changing loved recipes into recipes I can eat for the rest of my life and not "GAIN". I would often make a really great new recipe with olive oil and butter or cream and have more of that and little or no veggies. We made a lot of pasta dishes, veal, shellfish, etc. I have cut back on the more fatty meats and now limit pasta WAY back. I portion everything. I really feel soooo much better and my DH and I are so happy with the food it really doesnt feel like a diet. I know that I will have high calorie / high fat foods once and awhile (its part of my job). But these are now real splurges and not an every day thing. The way we are eating now is the every day thing.

I am one of those people that LOVE routine. I didnt start out liking working out much but really enjoy the peace and quiet now. And I cant beat the feeling I have after.

Obviously, I am NOWHERE near my goal but I am really not at all worried. I have thrown out the more crazy aggresive goals and just think 2 pounds a week is fine by me. It doesnt matter how quick it comes off. All I have to do is keep doing what Im doing and it will be gone.

I feel like I heard all this before and thought it was fake but I do think something clicked for me. I believe this is how I will live my life now.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i haven't posted in a few days..but eating well...getting moving as much as possible. i have 4 more lbs for this month. I always weigh on wed. You guys are doing great. Keep it up!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #50  

Sorry guys for not posting much this weekend. Busy days on this end. Eating and exercise could be better. Back on track come Monday....
Old 10-14-2007, 05:46 PM   #51  

BTW, Laurie ~ you are doing GREAT! I can't believe that you've lost 30 pounds in 2 months... unbelievable.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #52  

KICKED BUTT THIS MORNING!!! 1.5 hours cardio and weight training. Did KICKBOXING...GO ME!!! Im so energized and I feel great!!! Eating has been good. Made a wonderful roasted chicken last night with rosemary and lemon....yumm...

How is everyone else doing?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #53  

I'm here... barely. Eating and exercise hasn't been good. I fell way off the wagon over the weekend and can't see to get back up again. I did get my exercise in last night and will leave shortly for a long walk this evening. One big positive is that I have been consistent with my daily exercise for months now. Food is a whole 'nother issue...

Laurie ~ I read your post from earlier about buying so many WW dinners. Too funny. Do you eat them everyday? If so, you're set!! I am not a fan of frozen entrees. Keep up the good work Girl. You are doing GREAT and helping to motivate the likes of me.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #54  

JOANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do it!! I am NOT a fan of frozen meals either but have them for lunches. Just helps me stay on track. I KNOW you can do. REMEMBER, its not how many times you fall off the wagon, its how many times you get back on. YOu only have to get back on 1 more time than fall off to make it to your goal, RIGHT?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:03 AM   #55  

I got up at about 4:30 (dont know y) energized, got in 1 hour of FIRM video. Awesome!! I feel great!!! I did have a too low calorie day yesterday. I got busy and didnt end up eating lunch or my snack. I will do better today!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

wow....430..man our nuts LOL. I've been good..i've gotten up the last 2 am and worked out. I only dropped 0.5 lbs this week...but considering how badly i ate last week..i'm happy. That means i have 3.5 lbs til end of month...definately got to kick it into high gear!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #57  
eeg

S/C/G: 215/203/160

Height: 5'6''

Default I'm in, but late

I would love to join this challenge. However, since October is 1/2 over, I will shoot to lose 4 lbs. I excercise 3-5 times a week including cardio and resistance. I plan my meals and commit them to a friend daily. I think I usually get about 1500 cal.

Emily
eeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #58  

Good Job, Emily!! Dont you worry. We will be doing another Challenge next month. I gotta fit into a killer dress by new years!!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #59  

Welcome Emily! Sounds like you are off to a fine start.

Hi Laurie! Hi GG! Where is everyone else???

Doing much better with my eating these past two days. I've been really busy and that helps a lot. If I have too much time on my hands then I tend to snack more. Also, walking every evening. DH made milk shakes for the kids last night. We never drink them but last night he made a chocolate shake for himself and added hazelnut syrup to it. Oh MY... so hard to resist but I did it.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #60  
eeg

S/C/G: 215/203/160

Height: 5'6''

Sticking to my food plan.

I had a "rest" day yesterday, but took a walk with my dog and did some squats and lunges.

Today, I did 20 minutes cardio, 1/2 hour CORE class, and 1/2 hour Ab machines. I'm sure I will feel it in the morning.

I'm still feeling Tuesday's workout in my arms today. It must have been a good workout, I guess.

Hope everyone else is doing well and taking good care of yourselves.

Emily
eeg is offline   Reply With Quote