Old 09-29-2007, 11:53 PM   #16  

Good Evening

Busy Day Around Here..got A Lot Done..washed My Car And I Took Down All The Blinds In The House...washed Them And Cleaned All The Frames On The Windows...it Always Makes Me Feel Good When I Clean The Parts Of The House That Get Missed...

Gg: The Gators Played A Pretty Decent Game..it Just Ended..they Didnt Get Their Butts Kicked Or Anything

Karen: Scrapbooking Sounds Fun..ive Never Done It On Paper Only Digital...6 Hours How Many Pages Did You Get Done?..glad You Had A Good Time

Alicia: I Hope Everything Works Out For You Guys...and Soon!..hang In There Girl

Pam: Did Yo Uhave A Good Day Hanging Out With The Kids?...my Little Guy (3) Was Busy All Day With Me...playing And Helping Me Wash The Car...no Nap For Him Today!...hope You Had A Wonderful Day

Joan: How Was The Hayride...ive Never Been On One.sounds Fun...do You Get Allergies On Them?..i Know Silly Question But That Was The First Thing I Thought Of When I Read You Were Going On A Hay Ride...hope You Guys Had A Great Time...did You Take Pics???

Laurie: Canoeing...that Sounds Fun To...again Something Else I Have Never Done...im Sounding Pretty Boring To Myself...ugghhh Need To Get Out More...sporting Events, Im There...how Was Canoeing?...did Yo Utake Pics Also...maybe You Cant Take Them So Well While Canoeing...i Dont Know...hope You Had A Great Time

Lisa: Do You Get A Vacation Soon?..i Think You Deserve One...you Are Always So Busy...try To Have A Great Weekend And Relax Some On Your Day Off If Possible

Still No Mo?...im Really Getting Worried..she Always Writes To Me On Myspace And I Havent Heard A Peep From Her And I Even Sent Her A Message...i'm Gonna Try Again..i Hope Eveyrthing Is Alright

Hi To Everyone!...have A Great Weekend...mine Is Pretty Much Over..tomorrow Is My Day With Dominic (yeah!)...talk To You All Tomorrow
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Christina, my next day off is Friday - Monday. I am going to a wedding in Cleveland OH for that. It is about a 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive from here. I am staying with friends and plan on having some FUN. (not that I am a party animal or anything - too responsible) And no vacation for moi. I wish.

I just filled out an application for Coldwater Creek. I have had the first interview already, so we will see how it goes. :fingerscrossed:

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:28 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 162 (post Baby)/133/128

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone.

Not sure do I just jump right in? (Feels rude reading posts, when you don't know people yet, lol)

This will be short, I can barely move this morning. My hubby and I spent the entire day yesterday painting my daughters bedroom. NO MORE PEPTO BISMOL PINK WALLS! - A cautionary tale- for those who think it would "cute" to let a 7 year old pick a paint color. 3 years later (so as not to hurt her feelings) its gone! We were exhaussted but managed a little happy dance at the end.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Lynne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome lynn...and yep...just jump right in. we are all about more people. My mom once painted the dinning room a shade of pink...and we always gave her crap because it looked like pepto bismol.

well all..i'm off to go see anna ruby falls and then off to oktoerfect in helen...mmmmm beer.

and yes i know my team wasn't crushed but they played like crap. Considering they beat the snot out of UT...and auburn had lost 2 games...we only scored in the 2nd half...it was a pretty pathetic game. Oh well...definately no national champs this year.

hope everyone has a great day!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #20  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Lynn, That's what I'm dealing with in my bathroom right now! There was wallpaper and border print in an 80's pastel print that I took off...only to find bubble gum/pepto pink walls!

DH got the MBR primed, and between my mom, aunt & I, we got most of the dining room and bathroom prepped for paint. Not much will get done today, because MIL is taking us out to eat, but we'll try to get a little done before coming back home to get prepared for work tomorrow.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #21  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!!
I have been MIA cuz M-I-L is still here and I am trying to be nice all the time..Of course, I blew up at her on Thursday, so I am ignoring her until she leaves on Thursdays and taking 1/4 Klonopin tab this weekend to tolerate her mean, spiteful, bi$chy behavior towards my child..I didn't use the "F" word to her this visit soo I am doing well!!!

Hello and welcome to all the NEWBIES!!!!
Been following my diet very closely since I have 6 months to lose more weight per my wonderful MD...
I have been looking a ways to cut back on money..OMG--everything I spend is soo importantScrapbook supplies, vacation, clothes for K, etc etc..I thought about dropping the healthclub and her music class but who knows..I am just getting my ducks in a row in case I have to pay rent when(or if) I leave this household......
Ok--have a great weekend everyone!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #22  

well i had a great day. went up to anna ruby falls with dh. the falls were very pretty and we ended up hiking about 2.5 miles. it was great. then we went into the town of helen for oktoberfest. so today i sort of killed my diet...but it was well worth it. We had lunch at this great beirgarden with yummie german sausage, a very large yummie pretzel, sweet potatoe fries with gorgonzola cheese...and of corse BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we had fun wandering around the cheesiest little bavarian town but it kept us busy. and of corse we also had a great dessert before we left. we were going to go to a corn maze but both dh and i were exhausted by the time we were done. So we may go do it another day. It was absolutely a great day with beautiful weather! Hope every one had a great day.

rr - sorry to hear about MIL. hope things get better.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 09-30-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 09-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Good Sunday evening all...

GG - what a wonderful day you had! Funny about the full moon though. It's been crazy person after crazy person all week (Tuesday was the worst.) But it is a weird phenomenon. I saw a sign for a chilli cookoff and beer festival today called Kettles and Kegs. I don't like beer, but I LOVE chilli. Too bad you aren't closer. We could go together!

Joan - you have one lucky family. Pool, hayrides, ice-skating. It's like Norman Rockwell. I can't ice skate though. I love to try but my ankles won't cooperate.

RR - hang in there with the MIL. Only 5 more days. It's sad when they can't even been nice to a child.

Lisa - good luck on the job!!

Lynne - keep posting. We are pretty much an open book here.

Laurie - I am dying to see KNocked Up. Just waiting for my work's RedBox to get it back.

Well, all, I am off to bed. I haven't slept much this weekend and I am beat.

Have a wonderful MOnday.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #24  

fannie -beer and chilli..i'm there..oh wait you are too far away LOL. But it does sound like a good time.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:32 PM   #25  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Evening ya'll! I could have sworn I posted yesterday before I left for a wedding. But I don't see the post, so I have no idea what happened to it.
Anywho, had a great time at the wedding. It was in Zanesville, about an hour & a half from where I live. The girls had a wonderful time, my 2 year old especially. She was the life of the party! She spent more time on the dance floor than the bride & groom! ROFL She even got mad when we made her stay off the dance floor for their special dances, bouquet/garter toss, etc. It was fun just watching them have fun. Eating went pretty well, especially since I didn't eat much at all. Waaaay under my calories, but its ok. Today has gone well too.
My sister asked me today if I was losing weight, she said I look smaller. (I LOVE my sister! heehee) Told her I was just counting my calories. She 'ughed', but I told her the website made it sooooo easy.
Well, hope everyone had a wonderful weekend & talk to ya later!!
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #26  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Evening all. We went to a Celtic Festival in Bethlehem, PA today and I am EXHAUSTED. OMGoodness. We walked (and I pushed the huge stroller) all over the place 5 times. It was a lot of fun. I loved the caber toss. I've got to go google it to find out why in the world they do it!

RR: Sorry to hear about MIL. I hope you can remain calm for the rest of her visit. I can believe she is mean to K. That totally sucks to be mean to a kid.

Lynn: Hi! Yup, just post away. Great to see you here.

OK, I'm off to hit google, then bed. Course, Cass is wired up and wanting to play. I don't know how I am going to convince her it is bedtime.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Christina ~ how much longer will Dominic be away? Hearing how well he is doing is such EXCELLENT news!

Lisa ~ I am keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that you get that CC job. Would you be able to have normal hours?

Welcome Lynne ~ Great to have you with us. How old is your daughter? I painted one of our bedrooms "pink tutu" over the summer and it's so darn cute. It's a real faint pink color and there are princesses all over the walls:-).

GG ~ sounds like a fantastic day. German sausage, pretzel and beer... YUM.

Hi Lauren! BTW how is your mom doing? You mentioned her helping you paint so she must be doing better??

RR ~ Had to LOL at your "everything that I spend is soooo important!" Scrapbook supplies???? You're too funny.

Kerri ~ good to hear from you... are you feeling a little happier these days? I hope so. Depression is nothing to be messed with. Where is STL is the Kettles and Kegs event? I happen to love chili *and* good beer. My problem is that I love everything....

Hey there Reality ~ the wedding sounded like a good time. The kids in my family go nuts at weddings. It's great to see them having such fun. Getting an unexpected compliment is such a sweet lift ~ keep up the good work.

KarenK ~ Celtic Festival sounds right up my alley! I love the jewelry at stuff like that. You are one busy mom!

Blue ~ how's the new job? Haven't heard from you all week.

Hanna ~ how are you doing this weekend?

Sheila ~ where are you WildThing?

MO ~ we are worried about you? Please drop us a line letting us know how you're doing. We'll start another rumor if that is what it takes to get you out and about again.

Speaking of rumors... haven't heard from BJ all weekend either???

I have a great family and I sometimes take them for granted. Three of my brothers have awesome parties several times a year. They really go all out. It's such a safe, fun environment for the kids. I looked over yesterday to see my 4 year old attempting to bob for apples. Funniest sight to see as she had the most determined look on her face. She was soaked within minutes. I went with my two girls while DH and DS stayed home. We were all going to go but Liam was in a "mood." He'd lost computer and television priviledges for the weekend and even though we stick with it, I'm relatively certain that it's punishing us just as much, if not more so, than him LOL. Because he's feeling frustrated and wronged he gets into *everything.* Example: we bought a new t.v. on Friday and Liam got hold of the large pieces of styrafoam (sp?) inside the box. He tore it up into a gazillion pieces down in the basement. We made him pick up as much as he could and put it in a trashbag. He brings the filled trashbag (that was open at the top) upstairs to empty into our large trash can in the kitchen. The trash can was already full, but these are the sort of details that escape him. Next thing I know my whole kitchen looks like it snowed several inches.... Sigh. After ranting and raving like a lunatic for 5 minutes, DH handed me my purse, gave me a kiss goodbye and opened the door for me to leave...

Today was a very good day here ~ thank goodness! Hope that everyone has a good week ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:19 PM   #28  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey, sounds like all had a nice weekend. I think I already mentioned my DS fell on Friday. It is a very small scrape. But his knee is somewhat swollen and he's not walking. He was walking fine after he fell. I am thinking I should have taken him somewhere today. I will have to take him tomorrow. So I am kind of worried. He told me the funniest thing while he was stuck sitting on the couch today. He said " something I've been thinking about really has been bothering me" So kind of nervous I asked "what's bothering you?" He tells me he is worried about how people got on the earth after the Dinosaurs, LOL. Whew.

reality mom, you may have posted something on the Friday's thread instead of the weekend thread?

rr, that's so unfair for mil to treat the kids different. I hope you survive.

Everyone have a great evening.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Joan, well it would still be retail, but hopefully better hours.

I kept thinking today, it is ____ away from leaving the store, leaving with me four more days. I am over half done with my long days. Last night was a litteral nightmare, I cant remember if I posted about it or not, but if I didn't it was horrible.
Today, well it was okay ~ cept I started.

Reality, I have a wedding next weekend in Cleveland. I am really looking forward to it. I don't personally dance, but I will be enjoying it.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:37 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello!

RR I am so sorry about your MIL, this is not right, I hate when kids get in the middle of adult "feuds". I don't know how you can put up w/her being in your house. That's why my mother is not welcome in my house. :Hug:

Alicia that is a funny thing your son came up with, kids are too cute sometimes! I hope your DS knee is OK, keep us posted. I hope things settle for you at home quickly! I never been to a maze before, if you do go let us know how it was. you need to take time to yourself everyonce in a while, that is very healthy!

Hi Laurie my opinion about Bella is she is just a kid and she wanted a "normal" home like she used to have, she wants to have her mommy, kids are amazing how the deal with issues like this, some time we want to see them have different reactions that what we adults do, kids don't understand it the same we do. I agree it is a good idea to keep an eye on her and try therapy, but if she is happy and moving on I don't think I would worry. You are a strong person, I think you made the right decision for your family, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. How was the lake? I am so happy for you to spend a nice weekend w/your family and having a good laughter is always great, I love Steve Martin.

Joan I am sorry your story sounded funny, I know it wasn't, you too have a great hubby! Lucky you!!!

Karen you are so busy with kids, that is great, I hope you get some good rest tonight!

Karri I don't like beer either. But I do love chilli, sorry you didn't get to go.

GG I love to see water falls, I think they are just incredible, we use to go to the Gorge in Portland/Washington several times. I am glad you got to spend some very needed rest w/DH.

Realitymom I am glad you had a good time at the wedding, sounds like your kids really enjoyed! that is too cute.

Lauren you sure have your hands full w/the house, try not to think of how time consuming it is but how nice will it be when you are all done! it is going to be HOME!!!

Lynne this is a great place, just jump in and start posting so we get to know you as you get to know us!

Pmsci I didn't get to see the whole movie knocked up, my neighbor rented it and brought it over, we watch about 1/2 of it and all of a sudden she got up took the movie and left, she is a little nutty! I will rent myself and finish watching it, I thought some 1/2 humor was not what I was expecting, but the other 1/2 was pretty good!

Lisa that sounds like a great plan for you to have a good time on your visit next week. I am keeping my fingers for the job. Keep us posted!

Christina good to see you, I am glad you are doing well, How is Dominic?

Hi Muffit!

Where are you Melinda we are all worried about you?

Sheila???? John and ROO?????

I am really tired, from what?? I want to know that myself, didn't do anything today other than sit on the couch and watch movies (of course Disney movies, we've seen Monsters Inc a billion times) with DH and Sean while I was knitting, I am working on a gorgeous wool jacket, I am very excited about it, it is really gorgeous!!! We went out for dinner to Red Lobster, I did really well only eat one cheese bread, I couldn't believe that! but I did it!!! I am going to bed! see you guys tomorrow!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote