Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Wed. Sept.19th

Morning All,
Sorry I didn't post last evening. Busy day at work and then I ended up falling asleep in the armchair last night. Plus doesn't help that it is TOM. So feeling like a big beached whale at the moment.
Michelle, hang in there sweetie. I know that it must be tough right now, but remember that he is doing it to help out your family.
Alicia sorry to hear that things are stinky at home. Hope things work out for the best for you all. Glad you enjoyed your book. I think I have now read 25 pages in my book. So I am slowly moving up in the world.
Hanna hope you are feeling better. Miss chatting with you.
Mo you are just too funny girl. You put a smile on my face this morning after reading your post. So you were the mojo that I need to face the morning with my middle school kids. Thanks.
Shelia, I really don't think one piece of pb cake is going to take you off the bandwagon. Sorry to hear that your vb team lost their game. You will all come back strong the next time and kick some serious butt.
GG hope today is better for you at work. I think your weight gain is from muslce. So don't sweat it.
Hi to everyone else. Must hurry out the door to work. I will try to come back and chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..that's for all the support. It probably is just muscle gain...i need to find my tape measure so i can measure myself. that way...if i have a week that i gain, i can measure and hopefully see losses in inches. i do hope work gets better today. My problem is i have very high work ethics and i wish more people did too. We have several slackers at work and i'm tired of it...and really my boss has been ignoring for so long that i think the people have gotten accostumed to it...the probably is...next month the boss is getting a promotion. Which makes it hard to discipline actions with no one in charge. But you better believe when i'm working..i'm putting my foot down. There's this one girl that always wants to leave early when its slow. Last night there was 15 min left before closing and she asked if she could leave. I asked her had she done all the evening/closing stuff...she said yes. Well i find out after i let her leave, that she didn't enter the daily bloodresults in..also found out that the other petnurse actaully was there first in the am. So me and her are going to have a discussion today...going to tell her if she does that crap to me again...she will never leave early on my shift. If it was my clinic, her butt would be fired months ago..she has a horrible additude and tries to get out of everything. there's other crap going on too...but too long to type about. Sorry i vented. Hope everyone has a good day.

kar- sorry you were so tired..hope you are able to get more energy today
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good morning~

Kerry: Did you sleep all night in the chair? Just wondering if you will end up with a headache today.

GG: That has to suck dealing with co workers like that. The work ethics I totally agree on. I am glad I don't have to worry about that but I try to instill that in my children. Good Luck

MO: You are so funny!!

Oh you guys you know the problems I have had with DH since his dad passed away. I heard yesterday that he has been told from his brother and sister that he needs to be going down to his moms and checking on her anything she needs it is up to him because we live so close. And when DH told DS about me wanting to move she told him No you can't move you are there to watch after mom. WTF it is none of her business. Mark is submissive person he will do it and he should help out his mom but not neglect us. He said two words to me last night that was it, he had counseling yesterday so he was pissy.

Anyway hope you all have a great day. I am so damn glad it is wed. I work thursday and friday I am off I took a day I am going to billings.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Lois- what book are you reading? I think the deer were just happy to see you and I have my fingers cross for you. But I wouldn't mind moving to Vegas their weather is better.

GG- I'm right there with you on the work eithic

Kerry hope today goes well for you

Mo,hanna and everyone else- HI!!
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #5  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Good morning everyone! I wasn't able to post yesterday, seemed like everytime I headed to the computer, something needed done. *sigh*
So far, the day is going well, although I have only been up for a few hours! lol
Realized that my calorie intake has been below what the calorie site said I need to consume. I have been keeping it around 1800, cause I THOUGHT I read that. Looking at it again, it says I should be consuming about 2100 calories! Oh well, it shouldn't HURT me in my efforts, should it? TOM is coming, so I am praying to continue my healthy habits, no matter that evil TOM wants me to eat! heehee
Laurie, so sorry to read of your struggles with Sophie. I agree with the others, how amazing & unselfish of you to realize that Bella is being deprived in a situation that also isn't helping Sophie. Lord willing, there will be someone who CAN help Sophie, but it is definately a sad situation. You obviously are a very loving mommy & trusting your own judgement for you & yours is the way to go!

Out- TWENTY ounce burger?? Whaaaaaat? That makes MY belly hurt! LOL Seriously, I think it is great that you took a meal to eat/drink whatever the **** you wanted too. I have learned (the hard way) that if I deprive myself, it makes me crave it so much that I binge on it. NOT good. So, if I want something, I eat it, just in healthy portions.

GG- hope things improve at work before your boss gets promoted. Sounds like it would be a lot better for you!

Sheila- Sometimes, DH's are simply pains in the heiny. They are soooo lucky we love them!

Welcome to the newbie! (so sorry, I am having a brainfart & can't recall your name!) I am new here as well, but I feel like part of the gang already!

To everyone else, Hello & hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning All ~ Happy Hump Day... not that I feel like humping anything today. It's one of those mornings... This medicine for my skin is kicking my butt. My alarm went off early and there was no way that I could get up to exercise today. I ache all over. I've read on the internet that physical activity tends to aggervate joint pain. Great. I've finally established a decent exercise routine and now I'm too damn sore to do anything. I took the weekend off and felt so much better because of it. Monday morning came and I was fine but by Tuesday I was sore all over again. Two steps forward, one step back...

Morning Kerry ~ those first few weeks of school starting up again have to be tiring. Are you meeting some of the other teachers?

GG ~ It amazes me that people can pick up a paycheck for doing *nothing*... it's not right that your boss has let people slide like this. His not doing his job puts you in a bad position. It's time for GG to whip some butts into shape!!!!

Sheila ~ Bummer. I was hoping that things had really improved with DH. You're right in saying that he should help his mother *BUT* your own family needs to come first. Unfortunately, if he hasn't figured that out by now he probably never will. His moodiness has to really wear on your nerves. Big hug from me to you.... Enjoy your day off on Friday.

Alicia ~ I'm so sorry that DH is wanting to move again. Geez, that has to be so hard on you and the kids.

MO ~ so good to have you back sweet potato pie topped with buttery, crunchy crumble:-).

I met with my son's teachers this morning before school started. He is such a trip. The kid is hilarious and some of the stuff that he says is unbelievable. The thing is he doesn't know that he's being funny. Kerry ~ you can probably relate to what I'm saying here as some of your kids must come up with some funny stuff. His teacher says that he's always got a "brillant" idea that has absolutely, positively nothing to do with the lesson. I so glad the he seems to have a great teacher. I really do like her. She seems kind but very firm. Today is early dismissal day where the kids get out of school at noon. In the past, I've always made these "fun" days where we go someplace fun. Not today:-(. It is super hot here again and I'm avoiding the sun like the plague. Sorry for venting I'm just feeling really crappy right now.

Hey MICHELLE! I just had a "brillant" idea that is cheering me up! You won't see DH for months, right? Get back on the exercise train and get into some serious shape in anticipation for the "reunion." Might be a good goal towards?

Hugs everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #7  

Hey,Hey,Hey Big John & Reality... we posted at the same time.

Big John ~ you are so damn funny. That was one BIG "Booger" (as my 4 year calls hamburgers). It's good to read that your mood has improved. Hang in there... your day off is approaching...

Laurie ~ forgot to write to you earlier. "dido" to what everyone else has written. Such an unbelievably hard, sad situation. Too often the normal/typical child is ignored while the other child is indulged. As hard as your decision is, it sounds like the right one. Again, I'm so, so sorry...
Old 09-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #8  

Reality ~ had to laugh at your comment regarding "DH's"... my sister and I were in the kitchen recently while the guys were in the other room watching t.v. and talking about extremely boring stuff. My sister and I were like, why do we need them? Then we both said at the same time, "oh yeah, $$$$." LOL.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Just checking in quick!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone!
It is so gloomy here today - dark out and drizzling!

Sheila sorry you are going through a tough time with DH - hang in there. He will get through what he is going through.

Michelle stay strong - I know you are realy bummed but keep in mind what your DH is doing is a great thing!

John - you have to at least tell us where the BigBooger came from so we know if it was worth it! haha - ya like that Joan? If I crave a burger it has to be from In N Out! Mmmmm

GG - sorry things at work have been hairy! Get it hairy?! Aaahh come on that was cute! LOL It'll get better!

Hanna where are you ?

Hey Joan! Mo! Kerry, Lauren, Lisa, Angie, Reality, Dragon, Blue, Roo, Laurie, Hanna, and everyone else!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Kerry, just curious if you picked up some snacks last weekend? If so, are they helping the afternoon hunger strikes?

John, I'm reading The shop on Blossom Street, its really a chick book though. Yeah Vegas would be fun and wouldnt be so horrible if I didn't have kids. I'm an east coast girl and I like the cooler weather.

Joan, the meds you take, are they oral or topical? I know you named them before. Ever since I went to the Dermatologist it seems I can't get away from all the DR.s now. I don't like going either. Now I have to go for all this other stuff that's come up. I really opened a can of worms. Anyways, I hope your joint pain eases up.

Lauren, hows the job?

Okay I have an hour till I pick up DS and I have to convince myself to get some exercise in before then. Talk to ya later.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #12  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hey all! Im not feeling too hot today. I actually can not remember the last time I felt sick. I just feel nauseated and lethargic - Im getting winded even when I get up to walk around the house.
Ughh - I had to turn my cell phone off today becuase the bill collectors are calling - and my current payments are not even 30 days late. Even my daughter's school is calling because she has been going to the cafeteria (even though I send her with a lunch) They have an ala carte selection so she just goes and gets whatever she wants - even though I told her that she cant do it anymore and that I have no money. The lunch lady calls everyday even though I told I will send payment when I get my next support check but its not for 2 weeks. I cant send the $12 bucks cause that would leave me with $13 to last me 2 weeks - I dont think that is a good idea.
My daughter does not seem to understand when I tell her that we have no $$ that we actually don't have it.

GG - Im sorry you have to work with people like that - there is always someone like that everywhere. At my last job, I missed work 1 time in 2 years (a tree fell on my car) and left early once. It used to drive me crazy when people don't even want to stay for the shift they were assigned. Usually they are young.

KAR - I always feel like crap during TOM too, and the crazings are ****.

Sheila - Did your DH have a really hard time with his dad's passing? I know when my mom passed, I had a **** of a time with it, I think it took me about a year to get back to normal.

John - staying away from those burgers?!

Joan - Are you too sore because of your workouts? Stretch really well, it helps a little.

Lauren - HI!!!!! Hope your day is going well.

Slim - we have the same weather here in Yucaipa - crazy, it was unbearably hot just a couple weeks ago.

Alicia - EXERCISE!!!!! As soon as you get started, you will be happy you did

Last edited by Blueyedblond; 09-19-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #13  

Hi all. So, I bought the Firm upper body dvd. I do my bike a lot and wanted to get something for my upper body. Its a great dvd but does nothing for my abs. Do any of you have a GREAT abs workout dvd you can suggest? I am working out like crazy now to keep my mind off everything and its been good to be physically exhausted.

ALSO, a caution. I have been eating edamame for snacks to increase my calories and have been doing the 1/2 cup of beans. Well, the 1/2 cup is for pods not beans. Also the fat is ridiculous. So, Im not going to be eating those much anymore.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #14  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Laurie - I love the Firm Tapes. They are the best - one of my fav workouts.
Hope it helps you let go some of that stress.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi every one!!!

GG sorry to hear you were up 2 Lbs. I am sure it was just water retention and muscle you have being working out regularly, don't you dare get discouraged! Sorry to hear about work, it is difficult to be a person with ethics and morals cause not too many people are like that anymore, hang in there, it suxs! I know. I get very frustrated too, I don't like to procrastinate and I have high standards too, I know what you mean!

Sheila have fun at Billings today. Hey I have to ask was the PB cake really good! I hope it was and I hope you enjoyed it, don't stress over it. Sorry to hear about your sil, why doesn't she move w/mil then she can make sure mommy is taking care of, don't let them make it your problem, IT IS NOT!!! DH needs to put his family first and that means his wife and his kids. He needed to break the umbilical cord long ago.

John what were ya thinking when you ate that burger! I would've had indigestion for the next month, LOL.

Alicia I love chick books, my book club has been reading "serious" stuff books! I need a good chick bk myself! Sorry to hear things are not grubby at home with DH. I hope you don't have to move, it is not good for the kids to be moving they need stability

Blue any news about the job? Sorry $$$ is so tight.

Angie if you find more hours in the day let me know, I sure need them too!!! LOL

Dragonfly and Pretty vision grab a cup of coffee and chat w/us, the scoop is what ever is in your mind, this is an great place!

Melinda how my sweet double chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! how are you doing? you are too funny! I love ya!!!

Lauren what happened with the
Quote:
Got an e/m from them last evening requesting my salary requirements and mentioning a possible phone interview or in person meeting
good luck!!!

Michelle I will keep you in my prayers, I think highly of military families, you are the BEST!!!
PS how is the baby?

Laurie my heat goes out to you, I personally think you made the best decision, I do believe your first priority is Bella. Believe me I know exactly what it is like to have a child like Sophie. I think I mentioned it before, being able to say I can't do it, is a big part of being strong and knowing your limits and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Quote:
If you research RAD behaviors and see what these kids put their families through, you would be amazed
some of the problems she have and she will have are not necessarily linked to the lack of nurturing, but more from the damage the drugs birth mother used. This poor children are genetically loaded and they have extensive brain damage and neuro damage from the drugs, believe me, we are going through all this with Sean, if I would had know all this before the adoption was final I would have not done it. You are a great mom, a great person and I respect your decision 1000%

Well I am doing OK, I didn't feel well at all Monday or Tuesday, I didn't have any energy and I had a migraine, it was bad! Today I am back to normal thank G-d! I went back to the gym today, it felt great! I am trying to eat at least 3 meals today, I have not been doing good in the food department. I am up 1.5 Lbs. I am not happy about it. It is that time of the month again that I must get in the office and file papers, I hate it! I don't like to procrastinate but I do when it comes to filling paperwork, I got to get it done before Sean gets home, it is pretty messy here! I got to get to work!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote