Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 11:45 AM   #31  

HELLO!

Day 7 op! And I know it is so important for me to keep my environment set up right - if there had been chocolate in the house last night, I would have eaten it. Safe if you can stop at one serving, but I am no good at that.

Happy - yeah day 2! Hooray for mileage. I've been trying to drink water more to keep me filled up too - and to keep me from things like candy.

Jul - what fun! Sounds like a cool market to be involved in - hope you get lots of orders. ~ I really like strength training - there are so many benefits to it. Hope you like your tape.

RR - well, I was going to say enjoy the belgium chocolates, but others are saying to get rid of them . . .

Nanci - after your initial bootcamp, how often will you do the video? How long is it? ~ I am also going to be gone soon. I'm going to NY Fri-Mon and am worried about that. I figure if I can be smart at breakfast & lunch, that will really help.

Rabbit
Old 01-09-2002, 11:45 AM   #32  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default UGH...

I am such a zoner today...must have a cold. It's all DH's fault...had I known I would be getting sick once I got married, I would've never gotten married!! I have no drugs with me, and it's miserable outside, so I'm not going out at lunch to get any. I hope they have some good soup in the caf. Brought my LC, but I really want some soup...shoulda brought a bowl from home!! It's not like I don't have enough...I made an entire 6 qt. crock pot full!!

I don't have the energy to respond to all right now...hope everyone's having a great day.
Old 01-09-2002, 12:59 PM   #33  

Nanci: do you still have the same email addy as a few years ago? I can send a few photos of ornaments.

I did the Strength Training for Dummies tape. Its a little slow because it does go over all the proper 'how to stand' how to hold the weight', 'how not to...'. But it was really good to have the reminder. The instructor was very nice. I just walked in place between each exercise while she was going over all the 'how to/how not to' parts. I've still got some more certificates so I may order another Dummie tape. I just can never keep up with the Cindy Crawford type tapes, and Denise really turns me off with her breathy 'come on, you can do, keep going, let it burn, yeah' stuff. My Tae-Bo tapes need replaced so I'll order those again too.

LBH: feel better soon!!!

Nanci: good idea to pull out a few photos of when you were last at goal. I've got a whole little mini-album of favorite 'me' photos. It helps!

I have a very dry throat today so thats helping me drink more water.

Bad Girl Confession: Boys wanted waffles so I made the real good from scratch kind (with 1/2c. butter). I only ate one!
The rest went in the freezer for another day.

- jul
Old 01-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #34  
Donna

Talking Belated Happy New Year Everyone

Hello All,

It's been really busy around here the last couple of weeks, it took me forever to catch up on the posts. I am so tired, I'm taking a training class and it runs from 8am - 5pm all week. It's been a while since I've gotten up early enough to leave the house by 7:15 and even longer since I had to sit thru 8 hours of class .

Anyway we went back to WW last night and it was even worse than I'd thought, not only had I gained back what I lost last winter (after staying the same most of the summer) but I'm over two pounds higher than my starting weight . Oh well, I'm not gonna start crying over spilled milk. Here's to getting back on track!!!!!

I can't remember all the posts, but:

Vicki - I am so sorry to hear about the baby. Hang in there and give your mind enough time to heal as well as your body before you start trying again O.K.

Nanci - Welcome back and thanks for the congratulations .

LBH - I was excited to see the snow on Sunday too. K was making fun of me. Today the high was almost 50 and all the snow's gone , we're back to the ugly mud phase.

Well, gotta go see how dinners coming K's cooking tonight .

- Tech
Old 01-09-2002, 08:11 PM   #35  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello!!!Just checking in!!!Take care all!!!
RR
Old 01-09-2002, 08:14 PM   #36  
Pink Thingy

Default Totally off topic, but.....

I've just watched MTV Jackass and seen a guy get his butt cheeks pierced

Hope everyone is doing okay - will read and catch up posts later on today - 1.12am here Wednesday morning. Off to bed - nite all.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:01 PM   #37  

Hi all,

Just a quick check in here.

BFB, I giggle so much at your posts. Why in the world would someone get their butt cheeks pierced?! I once saw a picture of someone that had their hooha pierced. OUCH

Lauren, I am sorry that I you are feeling ichy.

Tech, Just get on the band wagon. I am in the same place you are.

Jul, My email is now [email protected]

Rabbit, I am not sure how many times a week I am going to do the video. I am thinking 3 with the treadmill on alternate days. I can tell a difference already so I am excited to take the measurments. Ok Rabbit, Maybe we need to challenge each other for our out of town trips.

I was VERY GOOD and got up this morning to exercise as I have to go do something tonight. That was a major victory for me. I am one of those ppl that stay in bed until the last moment (on work days) even if I am awake.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:22 AM   #38  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, I was starting to get stressed that the site wasn't back up!! Here's the post I wrote yesterday, but the site went down just as I was waiting for it to go through. Luckily I was able to copy and paste it somewhere else until the site came back up...

Feeling slightly better today, not soo spacey! Just had some of my soup and a grilled cheese for lunch. Forgot to put some seasoning in the soup when I made it though, so it was kind of blah.

Nanci- You're really kickin' butt with that video!! I need to get back into that...I want to feel the loosness in my pants.

BFB- Hmm...butt cheek piercing, huh? I've seen that show advertised on the TV Guide channel, but had no idea what it was. Remember not soo many years ago they wouldn't even think of saying something like that on TV...it was a crime that Archie Bunker said ****, or something?!

RR- Hi!!

Tech- Good to see you!! WI can be a real eyeopener, can't it?! Welcome back on the wagon with the rest of us!! UGH...nothing worse than sitting in a class all day...think that's why I never liked school!! And the snow...you know it's all gonna melt today and freeze overnight so we have black ice to deal with!! Sounds like our weather reports are the same today.

Jul- Strength Training for Dummies?! Cool, I didn't know they have that...didn't know there were Dummies videos! Where did you get it, like B&N or Amazon? I'm thinking that might be a good thing for me, a slower pace.

Yesterday, the 10th, was one year since I had to put my beloved dog, Niki, out of her misery. I was fine all day, until I went to the pet shop in the mall last night. They had 2 German Shepard puppies in separate cages. One was really playful...younger than the other. The other was laying there, trying to stay awake. Finally it just put it's head down and closed it's eyes. I almost lost it, because I just had that picture in my head of Niki laying on the table and she just closed her eyes and went to sleep... Then this AM on the way to work, I saw a guy walking two dogs - a Samoyed and a white Shepard...just like Niki. I lost it...this was after my AM started out bad cause I wiped out on the ice outside on my walkway.

Anyway, I'm pulling myself out of it...hoping to hear for the landlady today to tell us we can move in this weekend! Have a great day all!
Old 01-11-2002, 10:59 AM   #39  
Pink Thingy

Default Just so you all know......

I have managed to convince myself that I posted something that was mature, sensible, practically a revelation, a once in a lifetime awe inspiring, thought provoking post .......

but now you will never know I blame the site being down What's the betting that my post which highlights my 2.5lbs gain is still on the system.

Have a great weekend all.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:23 PM   #40  

Lauren: hang in there. Its so tough seeing dogs of the same breed. I have a really hard time at the outdoor art shows because I always see a lot of Goldens. I do like my 'dummy' tape and I did order it off Amazon (with a g.c.) I'm going to get another one too. I did the weight training one on Wed. and yesterday I felt it. Did it again today - did a lot of walking in place between the twelve exercises.

Kenny and I had a date yesterday afternoon - went to Springfield (30 min. away - the 'big town') had lunch at a fav. italian place, went to Barns and Nobel and a few other places. I wore a pair of jeans that had previously been tight!!! - jul

215/172 current/169 VD goal

exercise for the year: 6
Old 01-11-2002, 03:04 PM   #41  
LBH

Hi All,

WooHoo, we're moving this weekend!! Just talked to the landlady and she said they've been there all week scouring the place and making minor repairs and it's all ready, we don't need to clean, we can move right in! Now, normally I'd be like, yeah, whatever, and clean anyway, but the place was spotless when we saw it, and what little I know of her, I believe her when she says she scoured the place!! We could probably eat off the floor! We are going to meet her at 10:00 tonight to do like a walkthrough of the place to cover any questions and I guess ground rules. I'm soo psyched!!

Jul- I'm definitely going to look into the dummy videos. Congrats on the jeans!!

BFB- You crackhead!! If it was soo awe inspiring, can't you remember it and re-post?!

I can't believe it's 3:00 already, this day is flying by!!
Old 01-11-2002, 03:17 PM   #42  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

It seems a little quiet around here but I thought I'd pop in and say hi. The food situation is much better this week (now I just have to get my butt back to the gym). I'll let you know on Tuesday how I'm doing towards my Valentine's Day Goal but I'm just happy that the scale seems to be going in the right direction for about the first time in a month.

Lauren - Congrats about the move and good luck with everything. It sounds great and it can be sooo exciting. I can't wait until we can move and hopefully own our own home but with the prices around here, who knows. Have fun this weekend.

BFB - I have a feeling that your mature inspirational post was nothing but a dream but I'd love to hear it should it come back to you in another dream!!

Where is everybody - Rabbit, Pryia....you all know who you are, come out and say hello!

Have a great weekend everyone,
Elisa
Old 01-11-2002, 04:06 PM   #43  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!I am soo ready to get back in gear at the club..I am definately going on Mon..I will be ready!!!!

Lauren--That is hard about your dog...Trust me, they are your kids!!!!Hope U didnt hurt yourself falling!!!Have fun this weekend starting to pack!!!!!

Jul-SOunds like fun traveling around selling things..U must meet some wonderful people on the road...

BFB-Jacka$$ is the funniest show!!!REfman and I just laugh and laugh...Stevo(the one whose cheeks were pierced) is the craziest one of the bunch......

Feeling good physically...Started crying last night watching Friends seeing Rachal reading the same magazine that I did...It is much easier now but I still have the moments..Must still be the wild hormones!!
Take care!!
TGIF
RR
Old 01-11-2002, 04:13 PM   #44  
Pink Thingy

Default As I said previously..........

It was

Quote:
a once in a lifetime awe inspiring, thought provoking post
are you all calling me a liar

It was so awe inspiring that.........anyway you wouldn't understand

LBH congrats on the move. You can pretend it's a first night all over again if ya get my drift
elisa way to go on the food situation, I haven't been too bad this week and I would like to think this is reflected on the scale. (Then again it reflected on Tuesday )
Juldiet the only way I am gonna get non tight jeans right now is to buy a pair!

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all doing ok. Special hi to Tech (nice to have you back) and RR (how's the scrapbooking going)

C U Later

"Nothing but a dream" (sheesh - next time I will keep my awe inspiring thoughts to myself )
Old 01-11-2002, 06:05 PM   #45  
Donna

TGIF,

Stopped in last night to carry out my "come here more often promise" and the site was down so....

I have decided to take things slow and not try to change everything in the first week back on track. This week the plan is to get in all my water, eat three decent meals a day and write everything down. Based on this plan this is my third day OP. (OK so it's a cop out because I've been over pts , but I'm sure not as much as I had been ).

LBH - Hope your feeling better about Niki, it's hard, every now and then I remember my old dog and miss her something fierce and she's been gone 5 years. Have fun moving .

RR - Glad to hear your doing well.

BFB - You crack me up. How's the battle with pringles going? I avoided temptation by not going grocery shopping like I was supposed to today.

elisa - Glad things seem to be getting back on track for you.

Jul - congrats on the jeans , wish I could say the same.

Nanci - YEA on the exercising!!!!

Anyone want a couple of pets??? My dog decided he didn't like his crate yesterday and tried to claw and chew his way out, now his face is all scratched and swollen (sp?). Some of you may remember he did the same thing last winter and we had to buy him a "gorilla" cage. I wish we could figure out his problem... Now today the cat just jumped from the top of the stairs to land right next to the computer and scared the sh*t out of me. I think I'll keep K's golden though he's been semi normal lately. Ah...the joys of pet ownership.

Anyway, this has turned into a novel again So I'll sign off.

Later,
-Tech
Closed Thread