Old 09-11-2007, 04:43 PM   #16  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone~

Well volleyball was a total blast last night, we kicked butt and won........ Beat my seester ha!

About 3 this morning I got sick with the flu so I had to cancel daycare.

Michelle: I have the upmost respect for you and your husband and children. I am very very patriotic and have the deepest respect for our troops and their families. You all give up so much for our freedom, it is not just our troops fighting but those families at home dealing with everyday stresses and the stress of missing your loved ones. I am sorry to get so emotional on you and all but it is a very emotional subject for me. I always put my American flag out every day. I decorate my flower beds in american flags, I help in any way I can. I get very upset with people that don't show their love and appreciation to our troops and their families. I am here for you anytime, we all are.

everyone Hey sorry this is short just still feeling somewhat blah!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #17  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hey everyone - just doing a fly by - I have had yet another very busy day.

I was offered 2 jobs this week!!! Im accepting the one from the medical clinic I applied at- pays less (not much) but has an amazing benefits package. So they offered me the job pending background check and drug screening - that is what I did this morning. Then I had to go pick up a prescription for Savannah, and in a couple hours I have a Dr. appointment for Savannah. She has ADD and we are going to implement behavioral/counseling into her treatment along with her medications. She has no behavioral issues - it is just some thing that we can use for more support/ideas for helping her.

Im really really upset - I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound - so I'm only 1 pound down from my starting weight and I have been at this for a long time. I looked through my fitday and I have a daily calorie defecit of 600 calories - I shoud be losinng just over a pound a week - I don't get it. I think I may try a low carb diet.

I have to get ready to head off to my appointment for Savannah - so not alot of time to respond to everyone - but I want to tell

Michelle that I feel for you!!!! My step dad was in the military my whole childhood - he would be deployed for months at a time - even a whole year on 2 occasions. I know my mom had alot of support from the other wives and families. Its hard, there will be hgh phone bills and lots of letters but you will get through it - just take advantage of all the things the military provides you in the way of support!!
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #18  

Im going home early YAY! My shop is in a huge shared shop and Jeannine, the gift shop lady is going to close for me. I opened for her for an hour while she had an appt. so she says, "go home, Ill watch your shop and check people out."

I only sold 1 bottle of wine today. BUT I got an order for 10 cases this week so I am in a great mood.

I dont know what the weather is like everywhere else but we are having a yucky grey day so I am thinking about cracking a bottle of some nice red wine and celebrating our order.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #19  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

It was glumy here earlier today then the afternoon turned out real nice. I got my walk in then sat on my swing and read.

Hanna, its so important to spend time with friends, glad you had a nice time.

Good night everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..another productive busy good day...but at least i got out on time. So not too worn out. I think the motivation for exercise comes from my gradual weight loss...i'm feeling good..pants are fitting again.

laurie - i'm sooooo proud of you putting that scale away. I think it can be so self destructive (been there, done that). And it does get easier as the weeks go by...you really start to look forward to that weigh day to see how you did. Good for you.

hannah - with all you've been through lately i wouldn't have any energy. You've had a very stressful crazy few months...give it time...you'll find your grove

slim - well i bet the dog enjoyed playing at least...its better than nothing.

goddess - savannah has many safe areas. does it look like DH might be stationed at hunter???? most of the crime in savannah is downtown...now don't get me wrong..there are definately some shaddy sides of the street...but let me know if you end up there..i might be able to help..and btw..don't feel every like you are a downer...we're all here for support

bluey - first off...if you are at a 600 cal deficiet...you're body may have put itself into starvation mode. I would up the calories (i know that doesn't sound logical...but it really is important to be at your proper calorie range). Also, have you been to a dr to get screened for different problems like hypothyroidism etc. BtW..congrats on the new job.

hey to everyone else.
alright all..going to go for a walk soon...
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #21  
KAR

Evening All,
Well I went to TOPS and lost 2 1/4 pounds. So being back in school and a bigger building is helping. I am pleased. So I hope to keep being motivated to eat right from now on.
Alicia, TOPS is like WW. But is a lot cheaper. We have contests and programs to help us lose the weight. So what book were you reading on the porch this evening? I love to read too. But unforuantley going back to work has put a big dent in my reading. I do try to read a few pages each night before I go to bed. So maybe in two months I can finish a book. LOL
GG glad your day went better. It always helps when you are not so tired either. So are you looking forward to only working five days this week?
Congrats Blue for your job. If you are -600 calories a day in your diet. You need to eat a little more. If you don't eat enough your body goes into stavartion mode and you won't lose any or much weight. Hope that helps.
Shelia I am glad that you loved volleyball! Keep it up! Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. How do you feel this evening?
Laurie enjoy your early time off from work. That is nice that you all take turns and look out for each other's shops. Congrats on your wine order!
Hi to everyone else. I am going to relax a little bit before I go to bed. I am hoping to be in bed before 11 tonight. Chat with you all tomorrow.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

good job on the weight loss kar. and actually i only work 5 days a week...if i work a weekend i get a weekday off....sort of throws off the whole schedule..but i'm definately looking forward to a full 2 days in a row off where i can do a bit of R&R.

tried to go for a walk tonight...but it started to rain 10 min into it. So instead did 30 min power yoga...always feel great after yoga. very relaxing and enjoyable.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #23  

Well, I just let our doggie out and thought I would check in. Sounds like everyone is doing so well on the loss. Its so great that we can all be so supportive to one another. It really helps.

Well, I didnt go home early ( a customer stopped by to chat) and I didnt have wine (I thought, lets save those calories for the weekend.) So, no fun for Laurie
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I am so mad at myself. I had a nice long post written with personal responses. Then I stretched my legs out. When I did this, I hit the power button on the surge supressor that my computer is plugged into. Blamo! Everything went black. I thought my computer blew up. Then I moved and it came back on. I looked down and saw where my feet were. AAAHHHH!!

So, sorry, I am now too tired to repeat my responses in depth.

Hanna - good for you for laughing. It is good for the body and the soul.

GG - Congrats on the 10lbs! You have been so active lately. I wish I could find it in me to do the same.

Kerry - congrats to you also!

Blue - Yea on the new job!! Benefits are just as important as that salary. You were smart!

Michelle - Hang in there and rant as much as you want. Maybe save a shirt he wears so you can have his smell around???? Just an idea.

Sheila - hope you're feeling better

Well, I'm going to toddle off. Hope everyone has a great hump day.

BTW - where are Roo and MO???

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
GG congratulations on the weight loss!!!

Laurie your exercise log is amazing, go girl!!!

Kerry sounds like you are very busy at school but doing well I'm so happy for you

Sheila sorry you have the flu I hope you feel better soon! sounds like vb was a blast! good for you!

I had a pretty good morning, the IEP was OK the advocate made a lot of request, I am so glad we hired him, he asked for a lot of different testing. I hope it gets done in a timely manner, I know I am asking too much! lol.
Just as I was afraid that Sean had a good stretch of good days and didn't want to let my guard down as I didn't know if it was that everything w/are doing is working or if it was a swing, unfortunately it was just a swing, he didn't do well at all today either on the way to school or at school. I'm pretty sad. But I know it can happen, for him to have good days so I am going to keep trying and keep being consistent, it is hard work! We are going to get this boy ahead, I am not sure when, but it will be done!
I ate pretty well today, salad for lunch and salad for dinner. I did get to the gym in the early morning, it was great. I think I am going to try to get to the gym tomorrow really early again, it was nice an quiet!
I have to go to bed, I will be back tomorrow!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote